The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

I brought Bamford in and he has got an assist so far, that's something to recoup the 20 points hit lol

Considered taking out Antonio for Bamford, but decided on benching Antonio, bringing in Semedo for Veltman instead…

I took a gamble on a few Wolves defenders hope it pays off.
    Bloody hell that backfired Wolves lost. I quit :))

Haha, at least we're in the same boat re. Wolves! :)) Really regret bringing in Semedo. Wolves looked horrible in the half hour I watched of the game…
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I brought Bamford in and he has got an assist so far, that's something to recoup the 20 points hit lol

Considered taking out Antonio for Bamford, but decided on benching Antonio, bringing in Semedo for Veltman instead…

Haha, at least we're in the same boat re. Wolves! :)) Really regret bringing in Semedo. Wolves looked horrible in the half hour I watched of the game…

I convinced myself that Wolves would click and start scoring goals and be tough to break down. I think the longer it goes not scoring will be a disaster for Wolves on todays evidence. If you cant score you end up always attacking and draining your energy.

I convinced myself that Wolves would click and start scoring goals and be tough to break down. I think the longer it goes not scoring will be a disaster for Wolves on todays evidence. If you cant score you end up always attacking and draining your energy.

Indeed. We can only hope the nice fixture run makes Wolves options more appealing, but today's performance was not reassuring. Brentford on the other hand, played well.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    City not getting a striker in is causing them problems.
    City not getting a striker in is causing them problems.

Yes, they are a bit light in that department. They should be able to compete for the title, though I suspect United, Liverpool and Chelsea will be up there too.
    Ronny scored again, hope he can get more. What a goal machine 4 in 3 and a half games so far.
    Ronny scored again, hope he can get more. What a goal machine 4 in 3 and a half games so far.

He'll no doubt be a great FPL asset this season!
    Late drama Lingard redeems his midweek mishap with a late winner, then De Gea saves a last minute penalty. Crucial win, we have to build from this.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 23,103
    A so so GW for me, the 20 point hit was justified just... only Wolves let me down really. Going forward my team is ok for upcoming fixtures. I will stick with Greenwood and Pogba for now as Villa at home next for United.

Chelsea v City game is a concern having 2 City defenders so hoping that will be a 0 - 0.

Do I bring Antonio back in or stick with Ings and Bamford who face each other.

Just realised one move back fired, I got rid of Mbuemo for Gray and typical of FPL Mbuemo decides to score a goal.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 17,241
    A so so GW for me, the 20 point hit was justified just... only Wolves let me down really. Going forward my team is ok for upcoming fixtures. I will stick with Greenwood and Pogba for now as Villa at home next for United.

Chelsea v City game is a concern having 2 City defenders so hoping that will be a 0 - 0.

Just realised one move back fired, I got rid of Mbuemo for Gray and typical of FPL Mbuemo decides to score a goal.

63 points is a good score this gameweek; according to LiveFPL, the gameweek average before the final match is 45. Your team will be fine for the upcoming gameweeks, and a few good captaincy decisions and the right transfers will make up for that -20!

Bad luck about Mbeumo, but this was his first goal in five matches. Gray might outscore him in the upcoming gameweeks.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 23,103

63 points is a good score this gameweek; according to LiveFPL, the gameweek average before the final match is 45. Your team will be fine for the upcoming gameweeks, and a few good captaincy decisions and the right transfers will make up for that -20!

Bad luck about Mbeumo, but this was his first goal in five matches. Gray might outscore him in the upcoming gameweeks.

Relieved at an ok score as yesterday admittedly I was tired after work, I considered quitting FPL just for this season as I was questioning whether my heart was in it enough to put the effort in. :))

Gray at home to Norwich is a great fixture.

Relieved at an ok score as yesterday admittedly I was tired after work, I considered quitting FPL just for this season as I was questioning whether my heart was in it enough to put the effort in. :))

Gray at home to Norwich is a great fixture.

I get that feeling too sometimes, but then you get a few decent scores, and you're back at it! :))

Absolutely! Owning Everton assets for that game might pay off big time.
    Worth having a look at it you've had a bad start to the season.

My current rank is 1.7 Million :)) there is a long way to go though, I will gain ground at some point.
    My current rank is 1.7 Million :)) there is a long way to go though, I will gain ground at some point.

A few decent gameweek scores could easily push your team significantly higher in the overall ranks!

A few decent gameweek scores could easily push your team significantly higher in the overall ranks!

Chelsea looking ominous beat spurs easily in the end, early favourites for the league.

Chelsea looking ominous beat spurs easily in the end, early favourites for the league.

Yes, they look unbeatable at the moment. Sp*rs aren't at their best, but this was a statement win against a top six team.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Had Salah captain for hours but changed at the last minute to lukaku......... :((
    lukaku tried to set up timo and as usual timo blew it. Will he ever make it in the EPL ?
    Gameweek 5 is over, and it was a tricky one where a lot of us had to rely on bench cover after the highly owned Alexander-Arnold didn't feature for Liverpool. The bench was stretched even thinner for those that kept and benched Antonio, after his red card in gameweek 4. Even so, that didn't keep many teams from scoring some really good scores – our league no different. Best of us all in gameweek 5 was CSAC, scoring an impressive 78 points. Congratulations! =D>

cphJumj.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    League table standings:

1. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 64 - TOT 399
    2. CSAC: GW 78 - TOT 364
    3. MEJICO POWA: GW 63 - TOT 349
    4. أبو كاتم : GW 63 - TOT 339
    5. Charlton Pathetic: GW 58 - TOT 332
    6. ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?: GW 75 - TOT 321
    7. Team Extreme: GW 63 - TOT 318
    8. �: GW 51 - TOT 306
    8. Tamsjoint Utd.: GW 38 - TOT 306
    10. Incredible XI: GW 61 - TOT 305
    11. Kicked in Dias: GW 70 - TOT 294
    12. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 71 - TOT 285
    13. Lucky Ducks: GW 49 - TOT 284
    14. Cremonese-Killen: GW 51 - TOT 279
    15. Liverpool Richmond: GW 54 - TOT 277
    16. 91 BlueCapitol: GW 44 - TOT 274
    17. Red Warriors: GW 48 - TOT 269
    18. The Vardy Boyz: GW 54 - TOT 267
    18. Benny's Blues: GW 28 - TOT 267
    20. Bad gang XI: GW 47 - TOT 265
    21. ThinkHeGotThe3Points: GW 39 - TOT 259
    22. The Best: GW 62 - TOT 256
    22. GoldyThe Ref: GW 33 - TOT 256
    24. Anfield FC: GW 39 - TOT 256
    25. on the throne: GW 60 - TOT 250
    26. United Team: GW 51 - TOT 206
    27. CFC: GW 48 - TOT 158
    ______

No Friday night game this gameweek, so it's back to the regular Saturday deadline, at 11:00 UK time!
    Had Salah captain for hours but changed at the last minute to lukaku......... :((
    lukaku tried to set up timo and as usual timo blew it. Will he ever make it in the EPL ?

Oh, that's very unlucky! Lukaku was a good captaincy options, playing Sp*rs. I expected Timo Werner to be a hit after his transfer from RB Leipzig, but he's yet to show his best at Chelsea. The same could be said of Kai Havertz, but he's still only 22.
    I was going to bank a transfer this GW though with two players flagged (Red and Orange) I have been forced into a transfer, my bench is not strong enough to cover it.
    Busy with work so sorted my team early...

NNaD30p.png
    That team looks strong, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! Tsimikas is the only risk here, but you'll get Coady coming on if he doesn't play.

I got two orange flags (Ayling and Raphinha) and one red (Perica transferred to Maccabi Tel Aviv in the transfer window). I have Semedo to come on if Raphinha doesn't feature, but I won't rule out making a late transfer before the deadline.
    I may just start Coady, though wolves don't fill me with confidence, going to have to wait a few weeks to sort my defence out. hoping the Chelsea v City game is 0 - 0.
    I may just start Coady, though wolves don't fill me with confidence, going to have to wait a few weeks to sort my defence out. hoping the Chelsea v City game is 0 - 0.

Same here. The little I've seen of Wolves this season has not been good. They do have decent fixtures though, and might pick up a few wins and clean sheets.

The Chelsea-City game will be interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up a draw.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Same here. The little I've seen of Wolves this season has not been good. They do have decent fixtures though, and might pick up a few wins and clean sheets.

The Chelsea-City game will be interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up a draw.

Man Utd v Aston Villa = goal fest ?
    Arsenal v Spurs = goal less ?
    Here are the gameweek 6 captaincy picks!
    Ronaldo: 9
    Salah: 5
    Lukaku: 2
    Fernandes: 2
    Grealish: 1
    Mané: 1
    Alexander-Arnold: 1
    Son: 1
    Jesus: 1
    Saint-Maximin: 1
    Vardy: 1
    Jota: 1
    Antonio: 1

We have a varied list of captain picks this gameweek, with 13 different players been given the armband. Ronaldo is by far the most captained though, backed by 9 managers in our league. Salah, Lukaku and Fernandes are the only other players captained by more than one manager. Good luck everyone!

Man Utd v Aston Villa = goal fest ?
    Arsenal v Spurs = goal less ?

Wouldn't be surprised if both games are goal fest, IMO. I fear for Arsenal; with their start of the season, Sp*rs have a good opportunity in the North London Derby.
    Ole out same old safety first tactics, no excuses now.
    Ole out same old safety first tactics, no excuses now.

Disappointed that Ronaldo didn't take that pen. Could be a massive advantage for Salah cappers!