The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• edited September 2021 Posts: 17,241
    Still undecided what to do with my team this gameweek. A couple of transfers, a hit and even wildcard is still under consideration. Will be away tomorrow, so I won't be able to update the thread with the captaincy picks until Sunday.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Worst possible start my Spurs defender has been sent off so my points are currently - 2. Also Spurs were on there way to a clean sheet.

I have not taken a hit yet though likely lost 8 points from that player alone Gr.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Ronaldo starts as a lone striker along side Greenwood and Sancho.

Ffs I am on a - 3 now, had a really bad day in real life so this is typical.
    Mbeumo yellow card, bad GW incoming my team has major issues.
    Thankfully captain Bruno got a goal though it was all about Ronny today, bad GW for me.
    Christianson did not start for Chelsea, clean sheet missed :-q
    A bit late, but here are the gameweek 4 captaincy picks!
    Fernandes: 9
    Ronaldo: 4
    Salah: 4
    Antonio: 3
    Kane: 2
    Grealish: 1
    Jota: 1
    Pogba: 1
    Vardy: 1
    Lukaku: 1

With only two games left this gameweek, we know the score of many of these players. Fernandes is by far the most captained player in our league this gameweek, with nine managers giving him the armband. Fernandes and Ronaldo owners are no doubt happy with the points gained yesterday, as both got goals and bonus points. Antonio owners on the other hand must feel very unlucky with a red card and minus points from a player in great form…

All eyes on Salah and Jota today, in their away game against Leeds!
    Just woke in time for the Leeds game, my team is a mess just made one sub so far. Way too many issues t solve will have to be patient.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 23,102
    Salah goal TAA assist, Leeds could get a battering here Liverpool playing well.

Leed's cant get the ball.
    Just took a 12 point hit to get Ronaldo in, had two players on Red and 3 players that don't even start and get no points had to be done.
    Oh dear Jesus that was a bad injury on Elliot.
    Really bad injury. Didn't see how Struijk's hit his leg, but from what I've read from Twitter comments, it looked like an accidental one.
    Just took a 12 point hit to get Ronaldo in, had two players on Red and 3 players that don't even start and get no points had to be done.

That's early! Too little funds to spare to wait until team news? There's CL and EL next week as well.
    Really bad injury. Didn't see how Struijk's hit his leg, but from what I've read from Twitter comments, it looked like an accidental one.

That's early! Too little funds to spare to wait until team news? There's CL and EL next week as well.

Any price rises I would be stuck, being more relaxed this season about FPL will make moves when I need to. I would have been lucky to field 9 players next GW.

Break looked accidental, not even sure it was a Red Card.

Any price rises I would be stuck, being more relaxed this season about FPL will make moves when I need to. I would have been lucky to field 9 players next GW.

That makes sense then. Could you have avoided a 12 point hit if getting Lukaku instead? Trickier fixtures ahead for Chelsea of course, but they're capable of creating chances against anyone.

Could the card be overturned then?

That makes sense then. Could you have avoided a 12 point hit if getting Lukaku instead? Trickier fixtures ahead for Chelsea of course, but they're capable of creating chances against anyone.

I think Ronaldo and Lukaku will be fixture proof, either one will keep ticking over with goals despite the opposition.

With Antonio suspended and the state of my team I needed a striker in, I am going without Bruno though got a good replacement and also I can always swap Bruno for salah if needed.

Not sure about the Red card being rescinded, though it appears the shock of the situation influenced the decision.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 23,102
    My GW... Antonio and Tangana sent off - 4 points.
    DCL and Christianson benched did not feature.
    DCL injured.
    My bench has a measily 1 point each for players coming on, the other players on bench 0 points.
    What a disasterous GW 43 points and a team in a mess, hopefully my 12 point hit will pay off though I still have DCL who is now injured until October and still stuck with Tsimikas, Moder and Mbeumo on my bench.
    X_X

I am considering making 3 more transfers for a 24 point hit to fix my team.

Edited: made two more transfers so a - 20 point hit. May as well fix my team now and got players in with good fixtures, my previous team would have got me no points over the coming weeks. Drastic measures needed for drastic situations.

I think Ronaldo and Lukaku will be fixture proof, either one will keep ticking over with goals despite the opposition.

With Antonio suspended and the state of my team I needed a striker in, I am going without Bruno though got a good replacement and also I can always swap Bruno for salah if needed.

Not sure about the Red card being rescinded, though it appears the shock of the situation influenced the decision.

Indeed, both should be able to deliver, no matter the opposition.

I think we will have to rotate between the premiums this season. Bruno might not be the go-to option right now, but that can easily change.

Yes, from what I've read afterwards, that seems to be the case re. the red card. I saw a tweet mentioning Elliot saying that the challenge wasn't a red.

DCL injured.
    My bench has a measily 1 point each for players coming on, the other players on bench 0 points.
    What a disasterous GW 43 points and a team in a mess, hopefully my 12 point hit will pay off though I still have DCL who is now injured until October and still stuck with Tsimikas, Moder and Mbeumo on my bench.
    X_X

Edited: made two more transfers so a - 20 point hit. May as well fix my team now and got players in with good fixtures, my previous team would have got me no points over the coming weeks. Drastic measures needed for drastic situations.

That's a lot of bad luck in a single gameweek! Moder and Mbeumo are playing options, so you could have just benched DCL to avoid the additional hit(s), but I guess the -20 point hit can set your team up nicely for the gameweeks ahead.

I think we will have to rotate between the premiums this season. Bruno might not be the go-to option right now, but that can easily change.

Yes, from what I've read afterwards, that seems to be the case re. the red card. I saw a tweet mentioning Elliot saying that the challenge wasn't a red.

DCL injured.
    X_X

That's a lot of bad luck in a single gameweek! Moder and Mbeumo are playing options, so you could have just benched DCL to avoid the additional hit(s), but I guess the -20 point hit can set your team up nicely for the gameweeks ahead.

Moder and Mbeumo have done absolutely nothing so already transferred out Mbeumo.

Some of my decision making early season has been poor though this GW cant even be blamed on that its just one of those things, easily one of my worst GW's since I started playing the game 3 years ago.

I am happy with the players I brought in hope they pay off in the coming weeks.

Gameweek 4 was exciting, as it was the return of Ronaldo to United. And those that jumped at the chance to bring him in early was rewarded with two goals and three bonus points. Several managers in our league captained him as well, pushing the points total from Ronaldo to 26 points. Our gameweek winner, CFC, had Ronaldo as well as other assets such as Fernandes, Pogba and Alexander-Arnold, bringing their gameweek total up to an impressive 81 points. Congratulations! =D>

EchRAqA.png
    Gameweek winners:
    GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    League table standings:

1.Dinamo Skruknott: GW 75 - TOT 335
    2. CSAC: GW 55 - TOT 290
    3. MEJICO POWA: GW 53 - TOT 286
    4. أبو كاتم : GW 69 - TOT 276
    5. Team Extreme: GW 43 - TOT 275
    6. Charlton Pathetic: GW 77 - TOT 274
    7. Tamsjoint Utd.: GW 57 - TOT 268
    8. �: GW 57 - TOT 255
    9. 91 BlueCapitol: GW 62 - TOT 254
    10. ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?: GW 62 - TOT 246
    11. Incredible XI: GW 63 - TOT 244
    12. Benny's Blues: GW 74 - TOT 239
    13. Liverpool Richmond: GW 54 - TOT 235
    13. Lucky Ducks: GW 49 - TOT 235
    15. Cremonese-Killen: GW 50 - TOT 228
    16. Kicked in Dias: GW 37 - TOT 224
    17. GoldyThe Ref: GW 55 - TOT 223
    18. Red Warriors: GW 56 - TOT 221
    19. ThinkHeGotThe3Points: GW 51 - TOT 220
    20. Bad gang XI: GW 37 - TOT 218
    21. Anfield FC: GW 44 - TOT 217
    22. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 52 - TOT 214
    23. The Vardy Boyz: GW 63 - TOT 213
    24. The Best: GW 39 - TOT 194
    25. on the throne: GW 45 - TOT 190
    26. United Team: GW 65 - TOT 155
    27. CFC: GE 81 - TOT 110
    _________

Remember theFriday night deadline this gameweek, at 18:30 UK time!

DCL injured.
    X_X

Moder and Mbeumo have done absolutely nothing so already transferred out Mbeumo.

Some of my decision making early season has been poor though this GW cant even be blamed on that its just one of those things, easily one of my worst GW's since I started playing the game 3 years ago.

I am happy with the players I brought in hope they pay off in the coming weeks.

It's difficult to know what to expect from cheaper options like Moder and Mbeumo. They make for decent bench fodders of course.

We all get those terrible gameweeks now and then. I've had a few of those in later seasons as well, where neither the captain pick or the rest of the team has delivered. To make matters worse, the bench has usually been high scoring in those gameweeks!

If the players you've brought in have decent fixtures as well as form, you might see some very good gameweek scores in the coming weeks. :-)
    Dam been weight lifting in gym completely forgot about the deadline.
    Here are the gameweek 5 captaincy picks!
    Salah: 9
    Lukaku: 5
    Fernandes: 4
    Ronaldo: 3
    Pépé: 1
    Aubameyang: 1
    Alexander-Arnold: 1
    Bamford: 1

We have a varied group of captains this gameweek, all of which has good chances of delivering points. The most popular captaincy pick is Salah, backed by nine managers. Lukaku is also a popular option, backed by five of us. Good luck everyone!

Came close to forgetting the deadline too, but I was fortunate to see a tweet from the official FPL account on Twitter, which reminded me that the deadline had almost passed. Had decided which transfer to make though, so it was just a matter of doing it.

We have a varied group of captains this gameweek, all of which has good chances of delivering points. The most popular captaincy pick is Salah, backed by nine managers. Lukaku is also a popular option, backed by five of us. Good luck everyone!

Came close to forgetting the deadline too, but I was fortunate to see a tweet from the official FPL account on Twitter, which reminded me that the deadline had almost passed. Had decided which transfer to make though, so it was just a matter of doing it.

I think I left my Captaincy on Salah, I meant to sort my bench out. Should be ok hopefully.

I think I left my Captaincy on Salah, I meant to sort my bench out. Should be ok hopefully.

The bench looks alright, IMO. Salah captain for me too.

The bench looks alright, IMO. Salah captain for me too.

I almost switched to Ronaldo though Salah at home and his current form, I would be kicking myself if he hauled.
    I brought Bamford in and he has got an assist so far, that's something to recoup the 20 points hit lol
    I brought Bamford in and he has got an assist so far, that's something to recoup the 20 points hit lol

Considered taking out Antonio for Bamford, but decided on benching Antonio, bringing in Semedo for Veltman instead…

Considered taking out Antonio for Bamford, but decided on benching Antonio, bringing in Semedo for Veltman instead…

I took a gamble on a few Wolves defenders hope it pays off.
    Bloody hell that backfired Wolves lost. I quit :))