Celebrating our forum veterans

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Luds wrote: »
    @Benny ! @NicNac ! @MajorDSmythe ! @MakeshiftPython ! Wow lots of old school KTBEU users all active eh?
    Pretty sure I joined a day or so ahead of @NicNac , that n00b ;)

Ah the nostalgia!

And then again, look at that nice screengrab from another life...
    No idea why Pinesol, Tux and I just decided to switch our avatars for that day. Actually, because that bastard Tux decided to take my Pam pic...

ENQqAV1.jpg

Nice to see all you peeps on here. I was just coming to check up on my old ranking thread as I'll probably run another marathon after the new flick releases. Nice to see lots of people posting in there too!

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/comment/1207070#Comment_1207070

Not having been a member on the old KTBEU site it's amazing how much the old MI6 looks like the breakaway BaB site. I suppose that was the idea behind setting up the rival site though so it makes sense.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    I remember my first avatar was a picture of a double bourbon or something. I actually did save a much of avatars from KTBEU, I’ll just have to see if I kept them on some hard drive. The Daniel pic I’m currently using was definitely from the old forums, pre-CR.

I remember that pic for sure and the bourbon rings a bell. Funny I'm sure we could remember many vet's pics. Well the ones who didn't change constantly that is.

Checking the pic again I guess I was already a mod in 2004 since I have a title, so I was a mod when I used the Pam avatar. I remember when I switched to Clive, a few vets pinged me about it not realizing I wasn't a girl haha! I just liked Pam's lovely smile. Ah the good old days.

Now there's a blast from the past! You're alive! You've certainly been a mod for as long as I can remember. Not that my memory serves me well, but that's an entirely different story....
    Yes, quite a few pictures were 'dedicated' to certain members. AFAK we had to choose from a certain set of pictures. There was no uploading of your own. For the life of me I can't remember which one I had though.

Hi Ross, nice to see you too!
    Yes I remember one of the directors had "made" avatars from dozens in not hundreds of Bond pics in the old site database. Funny to think about that now.

If memory serves me, didn't you have some kind of Moore avatar?
  • LudsLuds MIA
    @DiscoVolante is online too so I guess quite a lot of vets still pop-in without posting! Nice to see you mate!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @DiscoVolante is online too so I guess quite a lot of vets still pop-in without posting! Nice to see you mate!

@Luds
    Long time no see, mate. Brings back a lot of memories. Let's see… Barbara Bach looks like an alien. Spontaneously pops up in my head when I see your avatar. ;-)
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited August 2021 Posts: 7,999
    I can never watch the scene where Bach acts shocked when Jaws is in her closet without thinking of this image someone posted on KTBEU. I think it was @Daniel, who was one of Moore's harshest critics on KTBEU.

confused-imgflip-e1498975829616.jpg

Speaking of which, he and @retrokitty are still married, as it was at KTBEU that they first interacted.

Dragonpol wrote: »
    @Benny ! @NicNac ! @MajorDSmythe ! @MakeshiftPython ! Wow lots of old school KTBEU users all active eh?

Ah the nostalgia!

No idea why Pinesol, Tux and I just decided to switch our avatars for that day. Actually, because that bastard Tux decided to take my Pam pic...

ENQqAV1.jpg

Nice to see all you peeps on here. I was just coming to check up on my old ranking thread as I'll probably run another marathon after the new flick releases. Nice to see lots of people posting in there too!

Not having been a member on the old KTBEU site it's amazing how much the old MI6 looks like the breakaway BaB site. I suppose that was the idea behind setting up the rival site though so it makes sense.

On KTBEU there had been non-Bond sections getting heavy traffic, like the infamous Star Trek thread that the mods were not fans of and wanted to lock up (Tux was the only reason that thread stayed active to the bitter end). BaB was sort of a way of trying to replicate the format of KTBEU but with a heavier emphasis on the non-Bond section, hence "Bond and BEYOND". 2012 was our most active year there due to the upcoming SKYFALL. But soon after that film released, traffic went down, and admins had different ideas of what BaB should be which created a lot of infighting and constant format changes that drew away members. Now it's just a dozen or so people there.

Biggest issue with BaB in retrospect is that it didn't have a hook. DCINB for example has a very solid hook of attracting Bond fans who don't like Craig's films which is why it's still active to this day. All BaB had at the start was attracting KTBEU refugees, but nothing going forward. There were talks of setting up a blog site for certain members, but that never panned out.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited August 2021 Posts: 1,986
    DarthDimi wrote: »

@Luds
    Long time no see, mate. Brings back a lot of memories. Let's see… Barbara Bach looks like an alien. Spontaneously pops up in my head when I see your avatar. ;-)

You've been taught well my young pedawan!

Yes that pic is awesome.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I remember my first avatar was a picture of a double bourbon or something. I actually did save a much of avatars from KTBEU, I’ll just have to see if I kept them on some hard drive. The Daniel pic I’m currently using was definitely from the old forums, pre-CR.

I remember that pic for sure and the bourbon rings a bell. Funny I'm sure we could remember many vet's pics. Well the ones who didn't change constantly that is.

Checking the pic again I guess I was already a mod in 2004 since I have a title, so I was a mod when I used the Pam avatar. I remember when I switched to Clive, a few vets pinged me about it not realizing I wasn't a girl haha! I just liked Pam's lovely smile. Ah the good old days.

Now there's a blast from the past! You're alive! You've certainly been a mod for as long as I can remember. Not that my memory serves me well, but that's an entirely different story....
    Yes, quite a few pictures were 'dedicated' to certain members. AFAK we had to choose from a certain set of pictures. There was no uploading of your own. For the life of me I can't remember which one I had though.

Hi Ross, nice to see you too!
    Yes I remember one of the directors had "made" avatars from dozens in not hundreds of Bond pics in the old site database. Funny to think about that now.

If memory serves me, didn't you have some kind of Moore avatar?

Could be, I really can't remember. I already spend an evening trying to find a page with comments from me on the waybackmachine, both for the avatar and for my exact joining date, but to no avail. anyway, good to see you back! I'm thoroughly enjoying all these long-lost names. Now if anyone can direct our Swedish friend to post on here too..
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I knew we should've got that better security system. Instead of the 'Secure-a-forum super secure' from that dubious Chinese website. Who let @Luds in? ;)
    I jest of course, what a welcome surprise to see that name here. Takes me back to my first days at KTBEU. So many memories...most of them good. :))
    Good to see a blast from the past back on board.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator

Ah the nostalgia!

ENQqAV1.jpg

You were definitely there ahead of me. You actually recruited me as a mod. Then gave me Seb Harvey as a mentor :)). I was never going to learn anything under Seb's guidance.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Zebrafish - (KTBEU) Summer of 1999
    Tokoloshe - (KTBEU) Spring 2002
    NicNac - (KTBEU) February 2003
    TheWhiteTuxedo -(KTBEU) 25 March 2003
    DarthDimi - (KTBEU) 7 March 2005
    ShakenNotStirred - (KTBEU) May 2005
    MajorDSmythe - (KTBEU) 31 July 2005
    royale65 - (KTBEU) August 2005
    Benny/ bennym - (KTBEU) October 2005
    GeneralGogol - (KTBEU) 15 October 2005
    MakeshiftPython - (KTBEU) 15 February 2006
    Samuel001 - (KTBEU) 1 June 2006
    CommanderRoss - (KTBEU) august 2006
    MrBond - (KTBEU) June 2008
    Golden Gun / GoldenGun - (KTBEU) 7 January 2010
    Creasy47 - (MI6Community) 8 July 2011
    QBranch - (MI6Community) 6 October 2011
    4EverBonded - (MI6Community) 9 October 2011
    mtm - (MI6Community) 23 October 2011
    Torgeirtrap - (MI6Community) 19 November 2011
    mattjoes - (MI6Community) 5 January 2012
    Fire_and_Ice_Returns - (MI6 Community) 15 January 2012
    CraigMooreOHMSS (MI6Community) - 26 March 2012
    Thunderball - (MI6 Community) September 2012
    Dragonpol - (MI6 Community) 11 December 2012
    Revelator - (MI6 Community) February 2013
    BeatlesSansEarmuffs - (MI6 Community) 25 March 2013
    StirredNotShaken - (MI6 Community) 4 June 2013
    Thunderfinger - (MI6 Community) 17 September 2013
    Birdleson - (MI6 Community) 4 February 2014
    ToTheRight - (MI6 Community) 14 March 2014
    Some_Kind_Of_Hero - (MI6 Community) 28 August 2014
    TripAces - (MI6 Community) October 2014
    Thunderpussy - (MI6 Community) 5 November 2014
    Goldenswissroyale - (MI6 Community) 28 August 2016
    Dwayne – (MI6 Community) 12 January 2019
    Agent_One/Agent_Zero_One - (MI6 Community) April 2020
    R1s1ngs0n - (MI6 Community) 30 April 2020
    Marc - (MI6Community) 12 May 2020
    Quantum_of_Tomorrow - (MI6 Community) 13 June 2021

Just came back to eliminate my previous, incorrect, registration date.
    Great to see so many of you are still around. Hope you're all doing great!
  • Get me on that board. April 2011 on this form, but I was a member of the old one back in 2005 too.

Wow! Has it been that long...
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Get me on that board. April 2011 on this form, but I was a member of the old one back in 2005 too.

Yes, it has... Do you remember which month you joined? And were you in defense, or offense on Craig before cr hit the theaters? Good to see you again!
  • Get me on that board. April 2011 on this form, but I was a member of the old one back in 2005 too.

Yes, it has... Do you remember which month you joined? And were you in defense, or offense on Craig before cr hit the theaters? Good to see you again!

I was in defence of course! B-)
    Get me on that board. April 2011 on this form, but I was a member of the old one back in 2005 too.

I was in defence of course! B-)

That's definitely the safest thing to say.. 😂 😂
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Was a LONG time lurker before but don't have the exact date in feb 2012 I registered as I'm on my phone. Mostly still lurk now tbh but enjoy visiting most days B-)
  • 16th February 2012 for you @DCisared
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Thanks! @Quantum_of_Tomorrow

MajorDSmythe - (KTBEU) 31 July 2005
    @DCisared - (MI6Community) 16 February 2012
  • Just checked and apparently I joined ten years ago, September 2011 (not sure of the exact date because I’m on mobile), so that was a nice little reminder of my own mortality haha. I don’t post as much as I used to, because to be honest after a while I felt like I was often repeating myself. But I still enjoy lurking and popping up every now and again, and you’ll probably see more of me when we finally get to see NTTD.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just checked and apparently I joined ten years ago, September 2011 (not sure of the exact date because I’m on mobile), so that was a nice little reminder of my own mortality haha. I don’t post as much as I used to, because to be honest after a while I felt like I was often repeating myself. But I still enjoy lurking and popping up every now and again, and you’ll probably see more of me when we finally get to see NTTD.

You joined on September 10th, 2011 at 11:49 a.m.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Just checked and apparently I joined ten years ago, September 2011 (not sure of the exact date because I’m on mobile), so that was a nice little reminder of my own mortality haha. I don’t post as much as I used to, because to be honest after a while I felt like I was often repeating myself. But I still enjoy lurking and popping up every now and again, and you’ll probably see more of me when we finally get to see NTTD.

You joined on September 10th, 2011 at 11:49 a.m.

That means your tenth anniversary is just another two days away! Congratulations on a perfect 10, @thelivingroyale. I remember you being very active when I joined and for years after. Hope we see you back to active service again! :)
    Happy 10th anniversary dear @thelivingroyale! Today's the day and 10 years definitely qualifies as a veteran!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @thelivingroyale -one of the good guys!
    chucky-15-good-guys-talking-doll.jpg
    Great seeing you around again.
    Happy 10th Anniversary, @thelivingroyale! Thank you for your veteran service to our community. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Happy 10 years to you, @thelivingroyale, it's been a pleasure. Here's to another 10!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Congratulations @thelivingroyale .
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Congratulations @thelivingroyale.

MajorDSmythe - (KTBEU) 30 July 2005
    thelivingroyale - (MI6Community) September 2011
    DCisared - (MI6Community) 16 February 2012

Updated list, including @thelivingroyale, and also fixed my join date.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 3,269

Why am I still not showing on the list...? I joined back in 2005 :-O
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Why am I still not showing on the list...? I joined back in 2005 :-O

Copy the list, add yourself. :)
  • Updated list -

jetsetwilly - (KTBEU) Spring 2005