rpqqyX9.jpg
    YCnBI6S.jpg
    r18gIkX.jpg
    Dorzzvl.jpg
    O6v89N6.jpg
    F73EKLV.jpg
    hMu0hXg.jpg

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I also love the shot of Craig and Fiennes sitting together, both look excellent.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I love the spiral staircase one, lovely shot.

What car is Craig sitting in there? Is he in that Toyota?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    mtm wrote: »
    I love the spiral staircase one, lovely shot.

What car is Craig sitting in there? Is he in that Toyota?

Yes, in Scotland or the forest in UK

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Extracted the new piece of OST at the 16 minute mark of the edited first podcast episode.

A few thoughts I have on it
    Starts with an ominous choir, evocative of a strange mix of Serra's GE OST with hints of the MGS1 OST, then transitions to something that is distinctly David Arnold in tone, which I am loving given that DA is my favourite Bond composer. Currently, out of everything we've heard, I am the most hyped for this track. I hope in the full piece we get more of that lovely vocal part and more Arnold homages.

Again, uploading to YT for Content ID purposes, on the slim chance it may still work.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Extracted the new piece of OST at the 16 minute mark of the edited first podcast episode.

A few thoughts I have on it
    Starts with an ominous choir, evocative of a strange mix of Serra's GE OST with hints of the MGS1 OST, then transitions to something that is distinctly David Arnold in tone, which I am loving given that DA is my favourite Bond composer. Currently, out of everything we've heard, I am the most hyped for this track. I hope in the full piece we get more of that lovely vocal part and more Arnold homages.

Again, uploading to YT for Content ID purposes, on the slim chance it may still work.

It sounds like a segway into Back to MI6, the track heard at the end of both podcasts.
  • Those are some seriously beautiful photos from Greg Williams & co! I've never bought the single-film BTS coffee table books, but am seriously considering purchasing the NTTD one... provided the film is any good ;)
    Those are some seriously beautiful photos from Greg Williams & co! I've never bought the single-film BTS coffee table books, but am seriously considering purchasing the NTTD one... provided the film is any good ;)

Have all the books and are well worth getting! Some fabulous photos that you wont see anywhere!
    This still from a magazine, do we know who took it? Greg or Nicola?

gMGjQbc.png

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2021 Posts: 5,869
    The shot was also in Being James Bond, and I'm now waiting for it to be included in the adverts do for Apple.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Contraband wrote: »

gMGjQbc.png

t5uGVW8.png
    Wasn’t there a leaked marketing schedule from South Korea saying we’d be getting more posters?
    antovolk wrote: »
    Seems like EPK soundbite interviews have been released too alongside these new stills?

It came from AppleTV promo. :)

https://fb.watch/7W5UYfN_sw/
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    IMO it's a bit off-topic, but since everyone's discussing it here... Being James Bond was brilliant!

One note. The screen test footage doesn't seem to be from Craig's screen tests. The title card says "Pinewood 2006", but Craig was announced as Bond in 2005. Unless the title card is wrong, the footage is probably from the actress's Vesper screen tests.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    On the subject of the actress in that screentest (whoever it was for).

I believe it was Kate Macgowan. I've seen her in some stuff before.

She actually also voiced Xenia Onatopp in the Goldeneye Reloaded.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0536461/?ref_=tt_cl_t_9
    ertert wrote: »
    Wasn’t there a leaked marketing schedule from South Korea saying we’d be getting more posters?

Sept 1 - Main Poster
    Sept 2 - Main Trailer
    Sept 6 - Bond is Back Video/Featurette
    Sept 8 - Character Posters
    Sept 13 - IMAX tickets on sale, IMAX poster, Safin featurette, New Character Action featurette
    Sept 23 - Final Trailer
    Sept 27 - 007 Legacy Featurette

gMGjQbc.png

t5uGVW8.png

Thanks @marketto007 Do you know who took the photo?

Sept 1 - Main Poster
    Sept 2 - Main Trailer
    Sept 13 - IMAX tickets on sale, IMAX poster, Safin featurette, New Character Action featurette
    Sept 23 - Final Trailer

So none of that has proven correct, right?
  • StarkStark France

Sept 1 - Main Poster
    Sept 2 - Main Trailer
    Sept 23 - Final Trailer

I'm desperately waiting for a new poster...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I might be wrong but it seems a bit late to release a new poster only a couple of weeks before it’s out?
    Thanks @marketto007 Do you know who took the photo?

Not sure @Contraband.
    gt007 wrote: »
    IMO it's a bit off-topic, but since everyone's discussing it here... Being James Bond was brilliant!

One note. The screen test footage doesn't seem to be from Craig's screen tests. The title card says "Pinewood 2006", but Craig was announced as Bond in 2005. Unless the title card is wrong, the footage is probably from the actress's Vesper screen tests.

The title card was wrong.
    The footage is from the summer of 2005.
  • Seems the card would be wrong, yes. Craig's clearly not in 007 shape yet and his hair looks like it pre-dates the press announcement in fall 2005. By January 2006, they were already shooting weren't they?

Qh3psKd.jpg

• AgentM72 wrote: »
    Seems the card would be wrong, yes. Craig's clearly not in 007 shape yet and his hair looks like it pre-dates the press announcement in fall 2005. By January 2006, they were already shooting weren't they?

Yes, I seem to remember they started shooting CR very close to the new year. January 3 or 4, perhaps.
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Seems the card would be wrong, yes. Craig's clearly not in 007 shape yet and his hair looks like it pre-dates the press announcement in fall 2005. By January 2006, they were already shooting weren't they?

Yes, I seem to remember they started shooting CR very close to the new year. January 3 or 4, perhaps.

Bond films generally had a January start date with a November release in those days. I believe it wasn't until SF that shooting began earlier in November.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    ‘CONTROVERSIAL’ NO TIME TO DIE SCENE LEAVES BOND FANS FEELING CONFUSED & SCARED
    bond-motorbike.jpg
    https://www.dmarge.com/2021/09/no-time-to-die-controversial-scene.html
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    So... Bond is taking advantage of Nomi in this picture?

Who's zoomin' who.

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Q&A: James Bond director Cary Fukunaga on ‘No Time to Die’
    NEW YORK | The film business is inherently full of starts and stops, but few have experienced the phrase “hurry up and wait” quite like “No Time to Die” director Cary Fukunaga.

Fukunaga, the 44-year-old filmmaker of “Beasts of No Nation” and the first season of “True Detective,” took the job directing the 25th Bond film after Danny Boyle dropped out. What followed was, for a big-budget movie like “No Time to Die,” a sprint to rewrite the script (with Neal Purvis, Robert Wade and Phoebe Waller-Bridge), begin production in spring 2019, wrap by the fall and have the film ready for release in April 2020.

But when the pandemic arrived, the fittingly titled “No Time to Die” was put on ice for a year and a half while MGM and United Artists Releasing awaited the right conditions to open a film that cost at least $250 million to make.

Fukunaga, the first American to direct a Bond film in the franchise’s 58 years, has since moved onto other projects. But the wait for the biggest movie of his career has been — like most things during the pandemic — discombobulating. It’s even affected his dreams. Fukunaga recently spoke by phone from London to The Associated Press ahead of “No Time to Die” finally coming out, on Sept. 30 in the United Kingdom and Oct. 8 in the U.S.

AP: What’s this experience been like, waiting for “No Time to Die” to be released?

Fukunaga: I’ve never experienced anything like this. There have been releases that come out later but never by that much — especially because we broke our backs just trying to get done in time. So it’s been strange. You want to watch it with an audience and see how people react. But you just kind of put it behind you. What I haven’t gotten on this one is the satisfaction of anyone else seeing the film and saying “I hated it” or “I like it.” That’s the part you’re waiting for. Some people are going to like. Some people aren’t going to like it. But you still want to hear it. Even if you don’t want to hear it, you want to hear it.

AP: How confident are you in the release date?

Fukunaga: I mean, nothing is certain until it’s actually happening. After several delays, I’m always the last to know these things. So I just go with whatever they tell me. I have no part in making sure this happens or not. I just show up now.

AP: Do you ever wake up and wonder: Did I really make that movie?

Fukunaga: I had a dream last night where (“Skyfall” and “Spectre” director) Sam Mendes was there. We were on vacation on some frozen lake. There was a feeling like: He was done with Bond films. And he was like, “Oh, you finished one. Now you get a break.” Then we started, like, water skiing on a frozen lake. It was a weird dream.

AP: Hollywood has been struggling during the pandemic to decide what’s best for its most expensive films, like “No Time to Die,” which need to sell a huge amount of tickets to break even. Do you feel that pressure?

Fukunaga: Of course. You want the film to perform as best it can. You have the industry professionals telling you everyone’s optimistic, but no one really knows what’s going to happen. You have the out to say COVID is the reason it underperformed. You want to be the exception and have people show up in mass. You don’t want a pandemic to be the reason people didn’t show up to see your film.

AP: What was your original interest in making a Bond film?

Fukunaga: I talked about doing Bond films quite a ways back. I talked to (producer Barbara Broccoli) even about doing one of these shortly after “Spectre.” I always wanted to have a chance of competing — and I consider it competing even though I want my fellow filmmakers to do well — to see if I could make a movie that people actually wanted to show up to cinemas for. To me, Bond always made the most sense out of any of the tentpole, iconic figures out there as a character. If you were to look at my work in the past, I’ve always kind of focused on outsiders. This guy is somebody that for 60 years now has been an outsider. He felt like the kind of character that I would want to take on. Almost every one of my characters has been an orphan.

AP: You crafted a six-minute single take on “True Detective.” Should we expect a long shot in “No Time to Die”?

Fukunaga: If we had more time, that would have been something on my radar. You have your priorities. I came on after Danny Boyle left the project and we had a very short amount of time to get the script ready and go into pre-production to make this thing. That meant all hands were on deck to get the story right and try to make sure this did justice to Daniel’s run. We wanted to tie up a lot of loose ends or story threads that were set up in the last four films. So my biggest focus was trying to get the story to work on all levels. My ability to focus on specialty shots was obviously a primary concern but second to satisfying plot and emotional story.

AP: The film has been called more a psychological thriller. Is that accurate?

Fukunaga: If there’s a needle that bent one way or the other based on genre, it’s still categorially a Bond film. But it would lean to the psychological side.

AP: It seems there were some Bond traditions you and your collaborates were set on losing or inverting, like the old-fashioned Bond woman.

Fukunaga: I think we all wanted to — and I would say Barbara included — that we didn’t want to fall into the trope of abandoning the last girl and moving on to the next one. There’s even a technical term for that, which is called “fridging,” which is just an awful word. It was actually pretty fun to play with the expectation of the disposability of the Bond woman. The fun part is to not feel like you’re being reactionary to the currents of the time but nodding to the currents of the time with respect and awareness to character, story and place.

AP: And are you happy with film you made?

Fukunaga: Yeah. Whenever you make anything, you’d want to change it and make things better. But I think considering everything, this film looks it took years to make instead of a year.
    https://sentinelcolorado.com/uncategorized/qa-james-bond-director-cary-fukunaga-on-no-time-to-die/
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    ‘CONTROVERSIAL’ NO TIME TO DIE SCENE LEAVES BOND FANS FEELING CONFUSED & SCARED
    bond-motorbike.jpg
    https://www.dmarge.com/2021/09/no-time-to-die-controversial-scene.html
    So ridiculous. Those commentators complaining obviously aren't aware of the many times Bond's been driven around by a Bond girl, or just want to complain regardless. This is another example of what I was talking about on another page about how this aggressive "hatred" (for use of a better term) is a reaction to the context of the time we're in now, with no logic whatsoever, because again how many Bond girls can we all name that Bond has been driven around by? Loads.