No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• silva13silva13 Australia
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Listening to Barbara in the documentary and podcast talking about “going for broke” and “tying up all loose ends,” I’m thinking Blofeld is going to die somehow some way.
    I'm betting that Bond accidentally kills him with the virus when visiting him at MI6.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    silva13 wrote: »
    Listening to Barbara in the documentary and podcast talking about “going for broke” and “tying up all loose ends,” I’m thinking Blofeld is going to die somehow some way.
    I'm betting that Bond accidentally kills him with the virus when visiting him at MI6.

Yeah there’s even a recent picture where Bond stands extremely close to him without the glass of Blofeld’s moving prison in front of him.
  • Tried my best to clean up the audio in the 10 minute mark segment. Sounds like some sort of suspense piece...perhaps it plays when Bond and Swann arrive at her old Norway home? I'm predicting this is the track 'Home'.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/834681502763057162/885377845990404156/nttd_newsnip.mp3

I think YT ID has been turned off for NTTD after they realised we were uploading segments of the music in the podcast to try and ID it, but I'll have a shot at it just in case it's been turned back on.

I’m pretty sure this track was hinted at on the Instagram or Twitter post from the director when he was with Hans. It sounds like someone playing a crystal glass. Awesome job on cleaning this up. For me the soundtrack is a really important component that I’m so excited to hear.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    matt_u wrote: »

Yeah there’s even a recent picture where Bond stands extremely close to him without the glass of Blofeld’s moving prison in front of him.

Yeah, I found that very interesting, too. Perhaps he knew, and egged Bond on to stand closer?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2021 Posts: 14,861

Is it possible the glass is CG-ed in later? Looks like they do that with the canopy of the glider thing.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 4,343
    mtm wrote: »

Is it possible the glass is CG-ed in later? Looks like they do that with the canopy of the glider thing.

There’s a scene in an old trailer where the glass frame scrolls down in front of Blofeld as he confronts Bond.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    New brief footage in this podcast promo. Bond in Jamaica taking out his handgun and also inside Safins bunker.

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I'll really miss Craig. I'm still not happy he did only 5 films though. And looking at that screen test....why, why, why did you cut his hair. Just look at how he looks so Bondian with that hair and comma. He even looks a bit like Dalton with that hair. Hmmmmm.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »
    New brief footage in this podcast promo. Bond in Jamaica taking out his handgun and also inside Safins bunker.

That Jamaica shot does look achingly cool. Also: I know you can barely see it, but is that his PPK?
    True, gossip, rumours, lies.. Who knows

GadgetMan wrote: »
    I'll really miss Craig. I'm still not happy he did only 5 films though. And looking at that screen test....why, why, why did you cut his hair. Just look at how he looks so Bondian with that hair and comma. He even looks a bit like Dalton with that hair. Hmmmmm.

I think 5 films is the perfect number. Connery left after 5, but obviously came back. Roger Moore should have quit after FYEO, which would have been a far better swan song than AVTAK. I think they were right to cut Craig's hair and give him a more severe look, which suits his tougher version of Bond.

edited September 2021 Posts: 4,247
    ColonelSun wrote: »

I think 5 films is the perfect number. Connery left after 5, but obviously came back. Roger Moore should have quit after FYEO, which would have been a far better swan song than AVTAK. I think they were right to cut Craig's hair and give him a more severe look, which suits his tougher version of Bond.

Yeah. 5 is good. It's just those delays that makes one think films should have filled those gaps. Yeah, I can understand the decision to cut the hair. But one just can't help but feel that Bondian touch with that hair. Wow!
    3 weeks. Only 3 weeks.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Interesting to have the young Maddy flashback confirmed by Seydoux (although I guess this has probably been confirmed elsewhere) in the podcast.

I always get the feeling, hearing him speak, that Craig is a good guy and I could get on with him, do you know what I mean? Just seems to have his head on right. Although I'm sure if we went for a pint we'd have nothing in common of course! :D It's probably only him and Roger, maybe George, I get that feeling about.

Yeah. 5 is good. It's just those delays that makes one think films should have filled those gaps. Yeah, I can understand the decision to cut the hair. But one just can't help but feel that Bondian touch with that hair. Wow!

I think weirdly it took them until Spectre to get his hair right; in this film too. Although the CR hair was probably right for the character in that script.
    Bookmark this site, listing US talkshows lineup every week. I guess we will see Craig & co being booked soon

https://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html

Yeah @mtm You're right about the hair and them getting it right in SP and NTTD.
    mtm wrote: »
    I think weirdly it took them until Spectre to get his hair right; in this film too. Although the CR hair was probably right for the character in that script.

Lindy Hemming was against it, she doesn't like short spiky hair. The hair was DC's decision, because he didn't want it to interfere much and be a nuisance. Funny how DC always got a say on how he wanted to look and what he wanted to wear. Much of what we consider his Bond style is really his Bond style. I'll miss that.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 3,164
    Looks like public tickets for the RAH world premiere are happening - tomorrow 9am https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/events/2021/no-time-to-die-world-premiere/
    COVID protocols: https://thirdlight.royalalberthall.com/pf.tlx?2y92Yqi2y3D.8w2
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Watched Being James Bond last night, it's a brilliant documentary. It was a treat to see the behind the scenes glimpses, like Daniel yelling and running from Dave Bautista 😅
    The Screentest clip was great, I loved the fact that Craig knew to pause before the line "I do hope you gave your parents hell for that", to show that Bond thought of it and it wasn't just a punchline
    My Mrs was crying her eyes out at the end montage (the same woman who nodded off during Spectre on the opening night)
    The montage was emotional especially with the iconic score, so pleased they didn't go for Nobody Does It Better, it's over used and it always makes me think of Sir Roger.

Also I heard Daniel, Lea, Lashana and Rami will be on Graham Norton, 24th September.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Also I heard Daniel, Lea, Lashana and Rami will be on Graham Norton, 24th September.

Thanks, that's fun.

People say Moore should of left after FYEO, but Octopussy is such a Moore Bond film that I cant see any other actor doing that film but him. But thats a topic for another thread.
    The podcast launches today. Cant wait to hear them!
    edited September 2021 Posts: 3,018
    Jordo007 wrote: »

@Jordo007 You are spot on. Already listed on BBC and Wiki

Series 29, Ep 1, 24 September 2021: Daniel Craig, Lea Seydoux, Lashana Lynch, Rami Malek and musical guest Ed Sheeran.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000zxy9

3 weeks. Only 3 weeks.

Surreal!!! :)>-
  • I don't intend to drag this thread off-topic, but I just want to take the briefest moment to say: this is where it's at. I don't think being a Bond fan gets better than this.

The anticipation of a new film, an "event", with all the promo materials, soundtrack bits, clips, etc. starting to appear. We're in the final stretch now. And part of what makes that so enjoyable is having a community like this one to share the excitement with.

I'm on a bit of a "film high" / rush today. Between all this new Bond material and the Matrix 4 trailer (which looks amazing, btw) it feels like it's raining positivity for the first time in a long time.
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    I don't intend to drag this thread off-topic, but I just want to take the briefest moment to say: this is where it's at. I don't think being a Bond fan gets better than this.

The anticipation of a new film, an "event", with all the promo materials, soundtrack bits, clips, etc. starting to appear. We're in the final stretch now. And part of what makes that so enjoyable is having a community like this one to share the excitement with.

I'm on a bit of a "film high" / rush today. Between all this new Bond material and the Matrix 4 trailer (which looks amazing, btw) it feels like it's raining positivity for the first time in a long time.

This is a great post. I'm trying to get there. I really am. I'm so used to the disappointment now I'm numb and having trouble letting myself get too excited.
  • ertert wrote: »
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    I don't intend to drag this thread off-topic, but I just want to take the briefest moment to say: this is where it's at. I don't think being a Bond fan gets better than this.

This is a great post. I'm trying to get there. I really am. I'm so used to the disappointment now I'm numb and having trouble letting myself get too excited.

Oh I absolutely get it and share your feelings on that one, friend. Last year at this time I was beyond gutted. But it seems the train is leaving the station too much now, at least where I live, to worry about a major diversion.

And I suspected this would happen, but I think all the delays and disappointments en route to this are going to make seeing and experiencing the film's release even more powerful than others in the past. Combined with the finality of Dan's tenure + the release/relief from the general negativity of life under COVID these last 18 months...I'm already very emotional about it.

The book under the Leica, as shown in some other pictures, is this one
    "Amazon.com: After Physics: 9780674970878: Albert, David Z: Books" https://www.amazon.com/After-Physics-David-Z-Albert/dp/067497087X
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    From LEICA:

lyxh4eZ.jpg

ne0bSCW.jpg

ijxFvFR.jpg

gsmzaav.jpg

fh9pg6j.jpg

prcxHoh.jpg

1cBSBcT.jpg

rjzQ4GN.jpg

EUlSWi0.jpg