No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Creasy47 wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    Is anyone else feeling sort of numb at this point? It hasn't really hit me that we are actually going to see this film finally. I think I'm so burned by all the delays it's hard to accept that this time seems to be for real.

It is a bit hard to fathom that in just three weeks, people will start to finally see this film and share their thoughts on it. Barely one month left until I'm seeing it in the U.S., it does feel a bit surreal.

Yeah I think I still have my guard up to shield myself from disappointment...all the while excitedly chewing up every ounce of marketing material they release haha.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Is anyone else feeling sort of numb at this point? It hasn't really hit me that we are actually going to see this film finally. I think I'm so burned by all the delays it's hard to accept that this time seems to be for real.

It is a bit hard to fathom that in just three weeks, people will start to finally see this film and share their thoughts on it. Barely one month left until I'm seeing it in the U.S., it does feel a bit surreal.

Yeah I think I still have my guard up to shield myself from disappointment...all the while excitedly chewing up every ounce of marketing material they release haha.
    I think a lot of us hold that position, myself included. A clear defence mechanism for all the delays we’ve endured over the past year and a half. About two weeks before sitting in the theatre is when it’ll likely hit me that I’ll be watching my most anticipated Bond film yet.
  • silva13silva13 Australia
    jake24 wrote: »

I think a lot of us hold that position, myself included. A clear defence mechanism for all the delays we’ve endured over the past year and a half. About two weeks before sitting in the theatre is when it’ll likely hit me that I’ll be watching my most anticipated Bond film yet.

This might be odd to say then but I feel really good about this, like proper excited. Everyone involved seems proud, they're pushing the marketing as hard as they have yet also!
    I don't know whether my enthused excitement is a default setting to keep me sane as I'm in Australia with the further delay and all but I'm just really excited that a Bond movie is coming!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Same here, especially because there's still a super small chance theaters will be shut down again where I live if cases will eventually start skyrocketing again.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Where is the doc? Australia, USA and UK? Only??
    ggl007 wrote: »

I think so. It seems unavailable in EU contries as far as I know.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Subtitle problem? It seems quite absurd, but...
  • KronsteenKronsteen Stockholm
    matt_u wrote: »

It's available in Sweden through iTunes (I don't have a device that's supported by the Apple TV app). Don't know if it's working through the app.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Anyone know if its available in Canada?
    Kronsteen wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »

It's available in Sweden through iTunes (I don't have a device that's supported by the Apple TV app). Don't know if it's working through the app.

Interesting, in a couple of hours I'll check through iTunes on my Mac. Through the app on the iPhone it's not available.

It's strange to look back and think how much life has changed since the song came out February 2020 — graduated university, got a job.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    It is, since midnight.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Brazil and Portugal still available.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    jake24 wrote: »
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    It is, since midnight.

Not to brag, but I seemed to have it here since around 11:30PM. ;)
    Going to watch it tonight!
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal

Not in Portugal
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    HMBFF wrote: »

Not in Portugal

It was online literally two hours ago. I watched with my Portuguese account during the night.
  • Short and sweet but a very engaging documentary. I was a little surprised by how candid they were about the struggles surrounding QoS and even NTTD!
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    HMBFF wrote: »

Not in Portugal

It was online literally two hours ago. I watched with my Portuguese account during the night.

That’s weird. I added to my watchlist when it was announced; after midnight was “available”, but actually you could only play the trailer; and around lunch time it was simply gone from Apple TV.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    New article in SFX magazine

No Time to Die director Cary Joji Fukunaga: "Safin’s not, as some have speculated, Dr No"

https://www.gamesradar.com/no-time-to-die-director-cary-joji-fukunaga-safins-not-as-some-have-speculated-dr-no/

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Just watched the whole documentary.

Definitely very compelling, and it gives a deeper look into Craig and all the struggles and victories he went through. I really liked it and despite me not really being a fan of Craig's Bond it helped me understand the reasons behind the new direction that Bond took come the Craig era.

Also there's a few new NTTD shots in it as well, so be on the lookout!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2021 Posts: 14,933
    Short and sweet but a very engaging documentary. I was a little surprised by how candid they were about the struggles surrounding QoS and even NTTD!

Yes, they didn't go into much detail but even NTTD sounded like a slog. To be honest it sounds like none of them went smoothly! Skyfall seems like maybe the easiest ride?
    Interesting that Mr Wilson thought that the initial bad publicity hurt the CR box office.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    mtm wrote: »
    Short and sweet but a very engaging documentary. I was a little surprised by how candid they were about the struggles surrounding QoS and even NTTD!

Yes, they didn't go into much detail but even NTTD sounded like a slog. To be honest it sounds like none of them went smoothly!
    Interesting that Mr Wilson thought that the initial bad publicity hurt the CR box office.

They also didn't say anything about brothergate, which I found pretty interesting given all the detail into the slander during 2006 as well as the script troubles in QoS.
  • KronsteenKronsteen Stockholm
    Contraband wrote: »

No Time to Die director Cary Joji Fukunaga: "Safin’s not, as some have speculated, Dr No"

https://www.gamesradar.com/no-time-to-die-director-cary-joji-fukunaga-safins-not-as-some-have-speculated-dr-no/

Thank God! If he's lying I'm literally gonna hunt him down.

I’d prefer him as an original villain myself, so I’m pleased, assuming it’s not a lie like it was for SP’s Blofeld of course…
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 511

Yes, they didn't go into much detail but even NTTD sounded like a slog. To be honest it sounds like none of them went smoothly! Skyfall seems like maybe the easiest ride?

When you think about how many people are involved with making a movie at any scale — let alone a Bond — it becomes a miracle any actually get made. Even stinkers!
  • TheNumberOrTheCipherTheNumberOrTheCipher Raoul Silva did a little trolling
    edited September 2021 Posts: 82

I figured. Too much of what has come out about Safin veers way too far off from Julius. However, didn't Waltz deny he was playing Blofeld?
    Subtitle problem? It seems quite absurd, but...

A possible guess is TV rights...in Germany and other countries channels like RTL had rights to show it and now Apple comes in with their exclusive. Maybe not negotiated in time to launch everywhere?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2021 Posts: 14,933

Yes, they didn't go into much detail but even NTTD sounded like a slog. To be honest it sounds like none of them went smoothly!

They also didn't say anything about brothergate, which I found pretty interesting given all the detail into the slander during 2006 as well as the script troubles in QoS.

What's brothergate? Is that something to do with the Sony leaks?

BMB007 wrote: »

When you think about how many people are involved with making a movie at any scale — let alone a Bond — it becomes a miracle any actually get made. Even stinkers!

Oh yeah I find it astonishing how anyone manages to make any films, let alone these ones.
    Hopefully finally we'll see the end of people taking the 'wrist-slashing' thing as proof that he hates making these films, that's annoyed me for years. I had no idea that he's wearing a leg brace for much of the film though: that totally passed me by. No wonder he needed a break.
  • TheNumberOrTheCipherTheNumberOrTheCipher Raoul Silva did a little trolling

Oh yeah I find it astonishing how anyone manages to make any films, let alone these ones.
    Hopefully finally we'll see the end of people taking the 'wrist-slashing' thing as proof that he hates making these films, that's annoyed me for years. I had no idea that he's wearing a leg brace for much of the film though: that totally passed me by. No wonder he needed a break.

I think brothergate refers to the Bond-Blofeld brother fiasco
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I think brothergate refers to the Bond-Blofeld brother fiasco

Do you mean that some fans didn't like it? It didn't exactly make headlines.