If i had all the money in the world I would be there

However I dont so oh well
    BMB007 wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Is anyone else disturbed about how Safin says “in love with Madeleine Swann… I could be speaking to my own reflection…” given how old she was when he first knew her?

Read the following:
    Another super critical thing about the trailer is this shot that lasts half a second.
    unknown.png?width=1440&height=607

I think this resembles some sort of freezing container for cells, specifically...
    Egg cells. The C word gets thrown around a lot, but could we actually be on the money?

Not to mention the line of being in love with Madeleine, when we know the only interaction he has had with her so far is seeing her and her mother as a child....

Could Madeleine not be the actual, original Madeleine? It's been a theory that I, along with a few other people here have had since 2019, and maybe Apollo was shining on us from the very beginning...
    Interesting thoughts. I’m convinced both Bond having a child AND the clone thing are at least somewhat true. The line from the clip shown - not seen to the public - about Madeleine being the “daughter of SPECTRE” makes perfect sense though in this theory of her being the clone. Produced by Safin, when he worked for SPECTRE before at some point falling out with them for some reason (“whoever they are, is smarter and stronger than SPECTRE” - Fukunaga)

I agree and have always contended that SPECTRE went to the cabin to retrieve Madeline.

The translated Korean synopsis gives a little more info:
    "It signals the release of a new type of biochemical weapon capable of selective DNA attack."

That's so "Metal Gear Solid", I love it.

foxhound_L_I_T.png

foxdie!!!!!!!!

Apollo has blessed me again, from the Nomi is Raiden joke to this

They hired a gamer director and he decided to honor Kojima, gotta hand it to him.

I'm especially enamored with this MGS Bond connection, considering how Bond was the main inspiration of the Metal Gear series, and now we are getting this weird 'tables turned' situation where Bond has gone and taken inspiration from MGS (Think Spectre and the whole Smart Blood/nanomachines thing, as well as the brothers fighting over their father plotline!).

And now we have what basically amounts to FOXDIE, as well as the whole Nomi/Bond Raiden/Solid Snake plotline of 'old agent gets replaced by a young and feisty agent who takes their codename'? It's very fulfilling, to say the least. Not to mention how Valdo has some very big similarities to a certain Russian scientist from MGS3, in both physical and plotline-wise...

Some friends of mine, being MGS fans themselves, have also seen the connection and are pretty thrilled to be seeing our silly MGS connection theories that we've been talking about since 2019 coming true.

I wonder how Kojima is going to react to seeing this? I bet he's going to be thrilled to see one of his favourite franchises somewhat paying homage to one of his own creations.

Every time Kojima tweets or posts on Instagram about NTTD, I get excited — can't wait for his reaction.

Yeah no kidding, even "Spectre" has a lot of MGS going on.

Not to mention,
    all the stuff about genes in NTTD, the legacies of DNA and ruminations on nature/nurture. The stuff with creating a new world (Outer Heaven?) that Safin wants to do that presumably involves Madeleine's genes.

Heck, even the titular organization of "Spectre" with their shadow control of world governments is vaguely like the Patriots!
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    Is anyone else disturbed about how Safin says “in love with Madeleine Swann… I could be speaking to my own reflection…” given how old she was when he first knew her?

Read the following:
    Another super critical thing about the trailer is this shot that lasts half a second.
    unknown.png?width=1440&height=607

I think this resembles some sort of freezing container for cells, specifically...
    Egg cells. The C word gets thrown around a lot, but could we actually be on the money?

Not to mention the line of being in love with Madeleine, when we know the only interaction he has had with her so far is seeing her and her mother as a child....

Could Madeleine not be the actual, original Madeleine? It's been a theory that I, along with a few other people here have had since 2019, and maybe Apollo was shining on us from the very beginning...
    Interesting thoughts. I’m convinced both Bond having a child AND the clone thing are at least somewhat true. The line from the clip shown - not seen to the public - about Madeleine being the “daughter of SPECTRE” makes perfect sense though in this theory of her being the clone. Produced by Safin, when he worked for SPECTRE before at some point falling out with them for some reason (“whoever they are, is smarter and stronger than SPECTRE” - Fukunaga)

I agree and have always contended that SPECTRE went to the cabin to retrieve Madeline.

The translated Korean synopsis gives a little more info:
    "It signals the release of a new type of biochemical weapon capable of selective DNA attack."

That's so "Metal Gear Solid", I love it.

foxhound_L_I_T.png

foxdie!!!!!!!!

Apollo has blessed me again, from the Nomi is Raiden joke to this

They hired a gamer director and he decided to honor Kojima, gotta hand it to him.

I'm especially enamored with this MGS Bond connection, considering how Bond was the main inspiration of the Metal Gear series, and now we are getting this weird 'tables turned' situation where Bond has gone and taken inspiration from MGS (Think Spectre and the whole Smart Blood/nanomachines thing, as well as the brothers fighting over their father plotline!).

And now we have what basically amounts to FOXDIE, as well as the whole Nomi/Bond Raiden/Solid Snake plotline of 'old agent gets replaced by a young and feisty agent who takes their codename'? It's very fulfilling, to say the least. Not to mention how Valdo has some very big similarities to a certain Russian scientist from MGS3, in both physical and plotline-wise...

Some friends of mine, being MGS fans themselves, have also seen the connection and are pretty thrilled to be seeing our silly MGS connection theories that we've been talking about since 2019 coming true.

I wonder how Kojima is going to react to seeing this? I bet he's going to be thrilled to see one of his favourite franchises somewhat paying homage to one of his own creations.

Every time Kojima tweets or posts on Instagram about NTTD, I get excited — can't wait for his reaction.

Yeah no kidding, even "Spectre" has a lot of MGS going on.

Not to mention,
    all the stuff about genes in NTTD, the legacies of DNA and ruminations on nature/nurture. The stuff with creating a new world (Outer Heaven?) that Safin wants to do that presumably involves Madeleine's genes.

Heck, even the titular organization of "Spectre" with their shadow control of world governments is vaguely like the Patriots!

I've been awaiting Kojima's reaction for ages - I really want to see it. The fact that he went from a massive fan of Bond who made a series that is essentially a love letter to the espionage franchise with his own twist on the genre, to now where Bond has taken inspiration, whether intentional or not, from MGS is mindblowing.

I've got a large bingo sheet of MGS related predictions that I hope to see in NTTD - one even involving Vesper since I've heard some talk about her in this thread and rumors (Vesper has come to - if you know you know!). If you're interested I can DM you a copy.

Spectre was chock full of things that almost seemed intentionally parallel to MGS1 - I've even made a whole video about it, though I won't post it here cos it's not related to NTTD spoilers and production. Again, if you're interested, shoot me a DM. But in a nutshell, from the torture scene, to the helicopter battle, to the fact that Swann is tied to a building rigged to explode in 3 minutes? Can't deny the similarities there ::D

I'd love to talk more about this connection here, and I'm always on the lookout for more people interested in this kinda specific topic!
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 490
    So is there a new poster coming ? My favorite one by far was the first theatrical poster with the close up of Bond & Swann in the car with the bullet holes.
  • ertert wrote: »
    So is there a new poster coming ? My favorite one by far was the first theatrical poster with the close up of Bond & Swann in the car with the bullet holes.

That’s a fantastic poster. Shame it wasn’t used more as the primary poster.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Damn! The Norwegian premiere isn t until November 12th, it seems.
    ertert wrote: »

That’s a fantastic poster. Shame it wasn’t used more as the primary poster.

Same, it's stupendous. I should buy it and hang it up — it looks so good.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Damn! The Norwegian premiere isn t until November 12th, it seems.

Same in Australia. I'm not sure I could hold out on looking at some spoilers at this rate!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Yes it's weird that got dropped the second time around. Looks like it's Craig on the b/w background again this time too.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Final US Trailer - Screencaps:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/wWJyTAT

Final International Trailer - Screencaps:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/3ZjQ1oI

Have tried to include mostly new shots not scene in previous trailers, spots, etc.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    mtm wrote: »

Yes it's weird that got dropped the second time around. Looks like it's Craig on the b/w background again this time too.

Yeah the Bond social media pages updated their cover photos to a slightly amended version of the Craig in front of the 007 logo poster.

GifyLTc.jpg
    I like that blue font a lot better than the gold but that design is too minimalist and similar to Skyfall. I guess they wanted to go for a more regal and classy-looking design rather than the grittier vibe of some of the prior posters, which I liked a lot more.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited September 2021 Posts: 3,018
    deleted
  • Based on my very un-scientific reading of the YouTube comments attached to the new trailer, I feel optimistic.

I think that for many, Bond symbolizes excitement, a sense of relief, a return to normal, some indulgence, some hard-earned enjoyment.

Pardon my pop-psychologizing, but if that is the 'brand' that Bond can achieve, they're on track for a box-office smash.
    Not the right thread, but it's worth noting that Shang-Chi's projected success this coming weekend may harbor good omens for NTTD.

https://deadline.com/2021/09/shang-chi-and-the-legend-of-ten-rings-labor-day-weekend-box-office-1234825437/
  • TheNumberOrTheCipherTheNumberOrTheCipher Raoul Silva did a little trolling
    Burgess wrote: »
    Not the right thread, but it's worth noting that Shang-Chi's projected success this coming weekend may harbor good omens for NTTD.

https://deadline.com/2021/09/shang-chi-and-the-legend-of-ten-rings-labor-day-weekend-box-office-1234825437/

Hopefully. To add onto that, NTTD is the end of a era, and I think that has the potential to attract a lotta people
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I would be shocked if that isn't Zimmer's score that starts at 1:39 in the trailer.
  • I believe @antovolk had confirmed that it is not Hans Zimmer but produced by a trailer company.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Exactly. Audiomachine is the name of that company. No Zimmer.
    Oh, thanks guys. I didn't know that. It's just so Zimmer-esque though, even if he has numerous copycats these days.

Don't think it has been posted yet
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Yeah the Bond social media pages updated their cover photos to a slightly amended version of the Craig in front of the 007 logo poster.

GifyLTc.jpg

That's pretty cool.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I’m pretty curious to find out why Safin attacks Swann’s cabin. He was still a SPECTRE agent at that time? Or he just went rogue? His main target was Mr. White? In SP Swann speaks about a man coming to her house to kill her father but it looks like he wasn’t there tho. The only thing we know is that he kills
    her mother.
    But then again in SP Mr. White said that she “left” so if she was still with White at that time there’s gonna be a plot hole.
    I'm beginning to think we might not get a track from Zimmer's score, since we're this close to release.
  • GadgetMan wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think we might not get a track from Zimmer's score, since we're this close to release.

Doubt they'd release another full track, but I could see getting those little 30 second previews from all the tracks. And (likely) we'll hear more new snippets throughout the podcast episodes, particularly in the one that's expected to be about Hans and the music!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Doubt they'd release another full track, but I could see getting those little 30 second previews from all the tracks. And (likely) we'll hear more new snippets throughout the podcast episodes, particularly in the one that's expected to be about Hans and the music!

Plus the David Arnold radio show has restarted, and that was supposed to end in a programme about the music of NTTD the first time it was on. I can't remember how many episodes there were last time though, and on Sunday he said he'd be on 'for the next five weeks'.
  • mtm wrote: »

Plus the David Arnold radio show has restarted, and that was supposed to end in a programme about the music of NTTD the first time it was on. I can't remember how many episodes there were last time though, and on Sunday he said he'd be on 'for the next five weeks'.

David Arnold radio show?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

David Arnold radio show?

Yes indeed. Oh he says all 25 films, so I guess NTTD is in there this time.

• ContrabandContraband Sweden

Don't think it has been posted yet

Only the past copy with watermark on it. The one I found. This is the first decent. Great find!!

Photo by Greg Williams - location: Hammersmith, London
  • StarkStark France
    edited September 2021 Posts: 177
    The only Zimmer track we know comes from this clip no ? Really not a fan...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gN5XlIePT4Q