No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Screencap dump!!

unknown.png?width=1440&height=605

unknown.png?width=1440&height=603

unknown.png?width=1440&height=607

Old scene but clearer background - looks like now it's some sort of root or growth in the glass containers in the back
    You guys are the best!
    Am I the only one that wants to follow the promotional unveiling of the film without finding out half its plot? The current thread says "minor spoilers" in its title, but honestly I don't think this means anything to anyone any more. Am I wrong or is there another thread about plot speculation?
  • TheNumberOrTheCipherTheNumberOrTheCipher Raoul Silva did a little trolling
    Screencap dump!!

Old scene but clearer background - looks like now it's some sort of root or growth in the glass containers in the back

I always thought those were clone tanks but you might be right
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Denbigh wrote: »

Oh awesome: I actually have that! :)
    edited August 2021 Posts: 469
    Screencap dump!!

I always thought those were clone tanks but you might be right

Same thing here - the blurred tank does look a lot like a body! Thought the same right up until this trailer.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    This film is gonna be great and I'm gonna cry.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Why did they remove the trailer? Maybe posted by mistake??
    edited August 2021 Posts: 469
    unknown.png?width=1440&height=600

M and MP staring at a screen of security footage. Anyone know where this could be?

I think MP is wearing the same clothes as when she meets with Bond again, so where and what could this CCTV be showing? Is this the ruined lab or somewhere else?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »

Seems to be. As it wasn't promoted by their social media channels it can't have been the right time.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2021 Posts: 5,869

M and MP staring at a screen of security footage. Anyone know where this could be?
    so where and what could this CCTV be showing?
    Looks like where the scientist is kidnapped. I think this is just before M goes "Where's 007?"

Looks like where the scientist is kidnapped. I think this is just before M goes "Where's 007?"

I added a bit to the post.

I think MP is wearing the same clothes as when she meets with Bond again, so where and what could this CCTV be showing? Is this the ruined lab or somewhere else?

It's from the Cuban party.
    This is how they should have been marketing it from the beginning. All in, pulling zero punches. The concluding chapter to this era. My hype level is in the stratosphere.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2021 Posts: 5,869

I added a bit to the post.

I think she's wearing pink when she meets Bond again, whereas she's wearing red here.

And I don't think so @MattiaDeVarti007...
    The set looks more like the scientist's lab/offices:

No-Time-to-Die-tr-015.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

It's been noted that it should be officially available in a matter of hours, so somebody must've dropped the ball.
    Great trailer. More excited than ever now! :)
    Creasy47 wrote: »

It's been noted that it should be officially available in a matter of hours, so somebody must've dropped the ball.

Michael Wilson fell asleep on the "post trailer" button.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I found it really interesting that Madeline Swann is name checked in the trailer. Possibly to remind casual audiences about her?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Ah ok. Thanks.

Jordo007 wrote: »
    I found it really interesting that Madeline Swann is name checked in the trailer. Possibly to remind casual audiences about her?

Yeah, I'd figure this — considering how much of the film is built around her. She's also featured heavily in that beginning sizzle real of CR through SP.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    I'm so excited!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,554
    jason1230 wrote: »
    Wow trailer is out, not listed yet on YouTube

The people become the weapon.

Very interesting line here. Definitely related to transmitting something, I think

As well as Safin's line about being in love with Madeleine and leaving something behind...

Some months back, I linked this article:

https://news.stanford.edu/pr/01/bioterror117.html

It says this about "black biology" and stealth viruses:

If anthrax, smallpox and other "conventional" biological agents aren't frightening enough, Block also raises the specter of "black biology" -- a shadowy science in which microorganisms are genetically engineered for the sole purpose of creating novel weapons of terror.

"The idea that anybody can brew this stuff in their garage vastly overstates the case," he says, "but any technology that can be used to insert genes into DNA can be used for either good or bad."

Block points out that genetic maps of deadly viruses, bacteria and other microorganisms already are widely available in the public domain. Last summer, for example, a leading scientific journal published the entire genetic code for the cholera pathogen. And legitimate researchers are now in the process of mapping the genomes of more than 100 other microbes -- including the bacteria that cause anthrax, the plague and typhoid.

Any scientist bent on destruction could use this information to attempt to clone extremely virulent strains of bacteria and viruses, Block contends.

He also points out that there are plenty of underpaid microbiologists in the world who might be eager to work for unscrupulous clients -- producing incurable "designer diseases," such as penicillin-resistant anthrax, or "stealth viruses" that infect the host but remain silent until activated by some external trigger, such as exposure to a normally harmless chemical.

This is what I believe Safin is up to. And the scene in Cuba, where people drop dead after breathing in dust/mist is his demonstration of what he can do. He has stealth viruses.
    the Being James Bond doc is also exclusive to Apple TV (*not* the Apple TV+ streaming service but basically the iTunes Store) in the UK as well as the US. Free rental in both countries.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    BMB007 wrote: »
    Jordo007 wrote: »

Yeah, I'd figure this — considering how much of the film is built around her. She's also featured heavily in that beginning sizzle real of CR through SP.

Yes it's kind of odd how the previous trailers didn't quite seem to focus on her very much even though it seems like, as you say, the film is based around her. Safin even seems to be in love with her from what he says here.

From this trailer it seems like Malek is borrowing heavily from Javier Bardem's performance too.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I liked the additional shots of Safin’s lair. The giant doors closing above Bond’s head is intriguing.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Okay.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    M's quote:

We used to be able to get into the room with the enemy, but now they're floating in the aether,

Nanotechnology? Virus? What's yall's theories?
    TripAces wrote: »

Very interesting line here. Definitely related to transmitting something, I think

As well as Safin's line about being in love with Madeleine and leaving something behind...

If anthrax, smallpox and other "conventional" biological agents aren't frightening enough, Block also raises the specter of "black biology" -- a shadowy science in which microorganisms are genetically engineered for the sole purpose of creating novel weapons of terror.

"The idea that anybody can brew this stuff in their garage vastly overstates the case," he says, "but any technology that can be used to insert genes into DNA can be used for either good or bad."

Block points out that genetic maps of deadly viruses, bacteria and other microorganisms already are widely available in the public domain. Last summer, for example, a leading scientific journal published the entire genetic code for the cholera pathogen. And legitimate researchers are now in the process of mapping the genomes of more than 100 other microbes -- including the bacteria that cause anthrax, the plague and typhoid.

Any scientist bent on destruction could use this information to attempt to clone extremely virulent strains of bacteria and viruses, Block contends.

He also points out that there are plenty of underpaid microbiologists in the world who might be eager to work for unscrupulous clients -- producing incurable "designer diseases," such as penicillin-resistant anthrax, or "stealth viruses" that infect the host but remain silent until activated by some external trigger, such as exposure to a normally harmless chemical.

This is what I believe Safin is up to. And the scene in Cuba, where people drop dead after breathing in dust/mist is his demonstration of what he can do. He has stealth viruses.

It has been confirmed that the plot deals with a biological weapon.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    matt_u wrote: »
    M's quote:

We used to be able to get into the room with the enemy, but now they're floating in the aether,

Nanotechnology? Virus? What's yall's theories?
    TripAces wrote: »

It has been confirmed that the plot deals with a biological weapon.

Yes. And this is likely the type.
    Also looks like the doc will be available on Apple/iTunes more or less *globally* - Brasil, Netherlands, Spain’s Universal channels posted the trailer with the Apple link