No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Spoilers are showing up! We are really in the home stretch.
  • TheNumberOrTheCipherTheNumberOrTheCipher Raoul Silva did a little trolling
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Where?
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base

Where?

I think he's referring to the last few pages of content. We havent had so much in a while.

Where?

I think he's referring to the last few pages of content. We havent had so much in a while.

Been talking to some friends about the reaction in ~a month when
    The kid becomes known. Excited to see the discourse it causes!
  • TheNumberOrTheCipherTheNumberOrTheCipher Raoul Silva did a little trolling

Where?

Ah I see lol
  • wetnellywetnelly Nearby
    A person I know who is part of the servicing team at Aston Martin told us that whilst they had the worlds press and paparazzi all over the principal cast and the DB5 in Matera for the month, a smaller film unit took the V8 cars and filmed for two days in a private shielded location by the coast. Could this be the final scenes? I don’t know the name of the town.
    wetnelly wrote: »
    A person I know who is part of the servicing team at Aston Martin told us that whilst they had the worlds press and paparazzi all over the principal cast and the DB5 in Matera for the month, a smaller film unit took the V8 cars and filmed for two days in a private shielded location by the coast. Could this be the final scenes? I don’t know the name of the town.

+1
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Well thanks to the call sheet leaks we know that the end of the film
    takes place by the coastal road close to Maratea and involves the V8
    … so that makes sense.
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    We have had this debate before. Going by the long clip we now 'know'

Maddie and Bond is married in the PTS (according to all the film magazines at Cinemacon).

But have we seen any BTS at all shooting the ceremony or the location? I'm thinking somewhere in Italy but then again, how on earth did they avoid bystanders and bond fans reporting? The only way possible is that they shot those scenes at Pinewood

Private beach. I was told about that scene during filming but
    I was told the wedding appears at the end, so I'm not sure...

Mmmh based on those recent descriptions of the PTS where Swann is referred to
    as “Bond’s wife” and the leak from the Daily Mail that suggests they are already married when they wake up the morning at the Matera hotel suggests that they could be already married at the beginning.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7617895/James-Bond-No-Time-Die-007-set-MARRIED-Madeleine-Swann.html
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I recall shots from the set that showed a child, a young girl, with Nomi and Madeline; they were on a rocky coast. Was that thought to be “the child”? She appeared older than five years.
    talos7 wrote: »
    I recall shots from the set that showed a child, a young girl, with Nomi and Madeline; they were on a rocky coast. Was that thought to be “the child”? She appeared older than five years.

She’s
    Mathilde, Bond’s daughter. That scene takes place during the final showdown at Safin’s liar when Nomi brings Swann and her child to safety and Bond is missing. They shot the scene close to Maratea, Italy, because the dark volcanic shores of Campania kinda resemble the volcanic shores of Safin’s island that is likely one of the Kuril Islands since he’s half Russian half Japanese.
    matt_u wrote: »

She’s
    Mathilde, Bond’s daughter. That scene takes place during the final showdown at Safin’s liar when Nomi brings Swann and her child to safety and Bond is missing. They shot the scene close to Maratea, Italy, because the dark volcanic shores of Campania kinda resemble the volcanic shores of Safin’s island that is likely one of the Kuril Islands since he’s half Russian half Japanese.
    That’s what I thought but she looks considerably older than 5

Where?

Yes this
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool

She’s
    Go back and look at the photos of the girl on set. She doesn't look considerably older than 5 at all.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,343

She’s
    The kid in that pictures is Mathilde’s stunt double, a 6 years old (at that time) Italian kid named Allegra.

EDIT: I rewatched that 2019 Allegra interview from an Italian local channel and the interviewer confirms that
    the kid shot scenes in Sapri, Maratea and even Matera. So it really looks like Swann and Mathilde, after driving through the coastal road on the V8 as proved by the call sheet leaks, will eventually go to Matera.

And then, I believe, they will either reunite with James or they will see his DB5 (presumably by their honeymoon hotel) meaning he’s still alive…
    Thanks!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2021 Posts: 3,018
    wetnelly wrote: »

@wetnelly 2nd Unit shot exterior scenes with the V8 driving along the coastal road SS18 between Sapri - Acquafredda incl. the use of a choppercam. No actors present

Anthony Lowery, set production assistant, also filmed a short sequence from the set and posted on his Insta at the time because they had to halt filming twice due to burning grass (suspected arson). The local mayor was really mad. For him it meant good money/PR having a 007 production in the region and then a arsonist comes along trying sabotage everything. No wonder he was pissed.

Italian local media had a few articles about the fire and the production incl one video with reporters driving and filming the crew working but I can't find it now.

Not much to see but here's two stills of the fire
    https://www.infocilento.it/2019/09/11/sapri-piromani-in-azione-nella-location-di-007/
    https://salerno.occhionotizie.it/sapri-piromani-incendio-film-007/

The V8 cars at the production camp in Sapri port

7Hy9obw.jpg

• QsCatQsCat London

Does anyone know the UK release date for The Protege? Can't find it online.
    Might go see it if the new trailer is attached. It's directed by Martin Campbell, who knows how to make an action film... btw I just watched an interview with him (promoting this film) where he said he would "certainly consider" directing the next Bond's first film if asked..

There isn’t at the moment.
  • Matera007_Matera007_ Underneath a mango tree
    Have some MAJOR spoilers. Read at your own risk..
    Mathilde is not bonds child but a clone of Swann. Swann is receiving calls from Spectre in the opening because they are holding her mother hostage and forcing her to work for them. If she tells bond they will kill her mom. In the opening sequence. Swanns mother is taken and she escapes.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 3,164
    Matera007_ wrote: »
    Mathilde is not bonds child but a clone of Swann. Swann is receiving calls from Spectre in the opening because they are holding her mother hostage and forcing her to work for them. If she tells bond they will kill her mom. In the opening sequence. Swanns mother is taken and she escapes.

If true...
    I've always actually preferred the clone theory to Mathilde actually being Bond and Swann's daugther, just makes a lot more sense despite the sci fi of it all
    antovolk wrote: »

If true...
    I've always actually preferred the clone theory to Mathilde actually being Bond and Swann's daugther, just makes a lot more sense despite the sci fi of it all

Yeah it’s a bit crazy but it’s true.. Right up carys alley.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Didn’t work^
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

If true...
    Although if true...
    The film ends with her (and maybe Bond) raising her own clone? Bit weird.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Spoiler show

Didn’t work^

It is that secret.
    Denbigh wrote: »

If true...
    Although if true...
    The film ends with her (and maybe Bond) raising her own clone? Bit weird.

Yes..
    bond tells M he will always be around if they need him. Set pics we saw of him and M outside in London in suits. Him and Swann are in Italy. Swann is swimming. Bond is staring at her. Shot is in the trailer/NTTD music video. That’s one of the final shots of the film.. Swanns been helping with the genetic research.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited August 2021 Posts: 3,277
    Don't believe in the clone theories! Mathilde is Bond's daughter. Period. He left a pregnant Madelaine in the Italian train station and went alone to Jamaica. The first time Bond sees the kid is in this scene:

kJfHc6O.gif
    Don't believe in the clone theories! Mathilde is Bond's daughter. Period. He left a pregnant Madelaine in the Italian train station and went alone to Jamaica. The first time Bond sees the kid is in this scene:

kJfHc6O.gif

Source? There was a leaked plot outline a year ago.. Before the trailers even came out. Everything in the leaked plot outline happened in the trailers that were released..

Also..
    the outline claimed Nomi is 003. The official 007 car book listed her as 003..

They did shoot three different endings so it’s possible they had different outcomes.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 625

This was discussed even as far back as summer of 2019, when they decided on a title of the movie.
    "Genoma of a Women" was one of the titles, that were considered.
    And that lead to speculations about this "clone"-topic.

Where did you get the info, that this is in fact the case?
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 511

If true...
    I've never really had a preference between "clone" or "literal daughter" because functionally it is the same thing with the same end result.
    I do think "literal daughter" is more dramatically compelling, but that's splitting hairs.