No Time to Die production thread

Comments

God, that CGI lion is atrocious.

Supporting the Amazon merger if Jeff forces them to bring Leo back.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Looks like they just screened part of the Matera sequence - the Aston Martin chase - at Cinemacon
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    antovolk wrote: »
    Looks like they just screened part of the Matera sequence - the Aston Martin chase - at Cinemacon
    A nine-minute clip apparently :)
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,630
    Scene description (from Deadline)
    The session closed with an action scene from No Time to Die where Daniel Craig’s 007 wakes up on a bridge, deaf (it looks like he’s on a Roman aquaduct). A car comes at home, and then a motorcycle, which he dodges. A glass-eyed guy trying to assault Bond, which he fends off, tells him about “the daughter of Spectre”. Bond jumps on the cycle and takes it through the village. He comes through the hotel windows, yells at Lea Seydoux’s Madeleine Swan, smacks her in the face and says “Spectre, how did they know that I’m here?”. They hope in the silver fancy sports car. “There’s something I need to tell you,” she says. “I bet there is,” snaps Bond. The voice of Christoph Waltz’s Blofeld is heard on a recording in the car, further incriminating Swann. They get involved in a car chased through the village, then get machined gunned by a squad of shooters. The car withstands the damage. “James!” she cries as Bond sits there with a cold, bloody look on his face. “Okay, he says” before initiating the car’s machine guns located in the headlights. The car chase continues, before Bond peels out in front the train station.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/no-time-to-die-mgm-cinemacon-reel-cyrano-thirteen-lives-1234820885/
  • TheNumberOrTheCipherTheNumberOrTheCipher Raoul Silva did a little trolling
    aaron819 wrote: »

Thank the lord🙏
    Scene description (TheWrap):

In the footage, Daniel Craig’s Bond wakes up on top of a building, disoriented, and the sound is muffled. Calling someone on the phone seems fruitless, so Bond begins to run through the city only to be on the receiving end of gunfire from Spectre agents. He ropes himself off the side of a bridge to escape, but he soon runs into the people chasing him. A fight ensues in typical Bond fashion.

Next, we see Bond with Lea Seydoux’s Madeleine Swann, and Bond asks her how Spectre knew he was in the city. He thinks he betrayed her, and there’s nothing she can say to persuade him otherwise. The two get into a beautiful vintage Aston Martin that Bond fans will recognize as the DB5 from “Goldfinger,” with all of Q’s weapons included. However, it unfortunately gets completely destroyed by gunfire in the middle of a town square by the Spectre agents.

“Everyone has secrets,” Bond tells Swann. “We just haven’t gotten to yours yet.

In the footage, Daniel Craig’s Bond wakes up on top of a building, disoriented, and the sound is muffled. Calling someone on the phone seems fruitless, so Bond begins to run through the city only to be on the receiving end of gunfire from Spectre agents. He ropes himself off the side of a bridge to escape, but he soon runs into the people chasing him. A fight ensues in typical Bond fashion.

Next, we see Bond with Lea Seydoux’s Madeleine Swann, and Bond asks her how Spectre knew he was in the city. He thinks he betrayed her, and there’s nothing she can say to persuade him otherwise. The two get into a beautiful vintage Aston Martin that Bond fans will recognize as the DB5 from “Goldfinger,” with all of Q’s weapons included. However, it unfortunately gets completely destroyed by gunfire in the middle of a town square by the Spectre agents.

So does this mean Primo is a Spectre agent? Because I thought he was one of Safin's goons (unless he's a mole inside Spectre)
    The session closed with an action scene from No Time to Die where Daniel Craig’s 007 wakes up on a bridge, deaf (it looks like he’s on a Roman aquaduct). A car comes at home, and then a motorcycle, which he dodges. A glass-eyed guy trying to assault Bond, which he fends off, tells him about “the daughter of Spectre”. Bond jumps on the cycle and takes it through the village. He comes through the hotel windows, yells at Lea Seydoux’s Madeleine Swan, smacks her in the face and says “Spectre, how did they know that I’m here?”. They hope in the silver fancy sports car. “There’s something I need to tell you,” she says. “I bet there is,” snaps Bond. The voice of Christoph Waltz’s Blofeld is heard on a recording in the car, further incriminating Swann. They get involved in a car chased through the village, then get machined gunned by a squad of shooters. The car withstands the damage. “James!” she cries as Bond sits there with a cold, bloody look on his face. “Okay, he says” before initiating the car’s machine guns located in the headlights. The car chase continues, before Bond peels out in front the train station.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/no-time-to-die-mgm-cinemacon-reel-cyrano-thirteen-lives-1234820885/

Oh yes

Oh god yes
    DAUGHTER OF SPECTRE, I'm gonna go hog wild.
    BMB007 wrote: »

Oh yes

Oh god yes
    DAUGHTER OF SPECTRE, I'm gonna go hog wild.

@BMB007 What do you make of it - what do you think it means?
    Isn't there a way to have the video screened?
    Maybe it will pop up the following days?

So does this mean Primo is a Spectre agent? Because I thought he was one of Safin's goons (unless he's a mole inside Spectre)
    Since the Matera scenes are set some years (~5) before the main action of the film - possibly he was a SPECTRE agent in Matera and then starts working for Safin when Bond crosses paths with him again possibly

Since the Matera scenes are set some years (~5) before the main action of the film - possibly he was a SPECTRE agent in Matera and then starts working for Safin when Bond crosses paths with him again possibly

Almost sounds like he works for Safin and is trying to kill her as she is the daughter of Spectre. But yes your idea is more interesting. Maybe he seemingly dies in Matera and then it's a surprise when he shows back up working for Safin.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,630
    (Spoilers) Detailed description from ScreenRant:
    (Sound is muffled at the start of the scene). Bond is on the ground, hurt. He wakes up and pulls his phone out of his jacket pocket. He starts running down the street and towards the bridge (from the trailer), chasing after a teenage boy. A car comes from behind up and tries to run him over, but Bond dodges it by taking cover behind a small rock before jumping off the bridge when a motorcycle arrives. (We see this scene in the trailer). When he lands below the bridge, he starts running through the city. He tackles the motorcyclist and fights him one-on-one, killing him. But before he dies, the motorcyclist reveals Madeleine is the "daughter of Spectre." Bond takes his bike and drives it through the city, culminating in his bike jump from the trailer. He leaves the bike and goes up to a hotel room, it seems. The bell attendant says something about Bond's wife. Bond sees Madeleine and says, "You're right. Letting go is hard." She responds, "James, what happened?" Bond says, angrily, "How did they know I was here? Spectre - how did they know?" A phone rings, but Bond doesn't answer. He and Madeleine leave, getting in their Aston Martin. "I have something I need to tell you," she says. Bond responds, "I bet there is." Bond drives throughout the city again, trying to escape. Madeline gets a phone call. "Pick it up," says Bond. Bond then answers the phone. The voice on the other end says, "Your father would be so proud of you. Your sacrifice [untinelligible]..." Shocked, Madeline tries to reassure Bond, "James, why would I betray you?" He says, "We all have our secrets. We just didn't get to yours yet." Bond releases mini spike-bombs from the back of the DB5 and takes out a car. "James, listen to me. I would rather die then..." - they get hit by a car and the camera focuses on ringing church bells. They're surrounded in an open square (from the trailer). While they're getting shot, Bond doesn't do anything. He just sits there. Madeline yells, "James, do something! Say something, James!" The enemy is using a big gun to try to get in the car, while Bond still does nothing. It seems he's processing Madeline's possible betrayal. He finally says "OK" and does a donut with the DB5 and shoots all of the enemies. They escape. End clip.

https://screenrant.com/no-time-die-footage-details-james-bond-cinemacon/
    (Sound is muffled at the start of the scene). Bond is on the ground, hurt. He wakes up and pulls his phone out of his jacket pocket. He starts running down the street and towards the bridge (from the trailer), chasing after a teenage boy. A car comes from behind up and tries to run him over, but Bond dodges it by taking cover behind a small rock before jumping off the bridge when a motorcycle arrives. (We see this scene in the trailer). When he lands below the bridge, he starts running through the city. He tackles the motorcyclist and fights him one-on-one, killing him. But before he dies, the motorcyclist reveals Madeleine is the "daughter of Spectre." Bond takes his bike and drives it through the city, culminating in his bike jump from the trailer. He leaves the bike and goes up to a hotel room, it seems. The bell attendant says something about Bond's wife. Bond sees Madeleine and says, "You're right. Letting go is hard." She responds, "James, what happened?" Bond says, angrily, "How did they know I was here? Spectre - how did they know?" A phone rings, but Bond doesn't answer. He and Madeleine leave, getting in their Aston Martin. "I have something I need to tell you," she says. Bond responds, "I bet there is." Bond drives throughout the city again, trying to escape. Madeline gets a phone call. "Pick it up," says Bond. Bond then answers the phone. The voice on the other end says, "Your father would be so proud of you. Your sacrifice [untinelligible]..." Shocked, Madeline tries to reassure Bond, "James, why would I betray you?" He says, "We all have our secrets. We just didn't get to yours yet." Bond releases mini spike-bombs from the back of the DB5 and takes out a car. "James, listen to me. I would rather die then..." - they get hit by a car and the camera focuses on ringing church bells. They're surrounded in an open square (from the trailer). While they're getting shot, Bond doesn't do anything. He just sits there. Madeline yells, "James, do something! Say something, James!" The enemy is using a big gun to try to get in the car, while Bond still does nothing. It seems he's processing Madeline's possible betrayal. He finally says "OK" and does a donut with the DB5 and shoots all of the enemies. They escape. End clip.

That sounds so freaking cool.
    NTTD standee at CinemaCon:

ZQ7SaVW.jpg

Source

did the article mention who called Madeline on the phone?
  • (Spoilers) Detailed description from ScreenRant:

Another article said the voice on the phone was Blofeld.

This sounds f******* phenomenal. The hype train is rolling and it’s got no brakes baby!!!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Based on the descriptions from other publications it seems to be Blofeld.

The Deadline description revealed that it was Blofeld's voice.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    What does the score sound like!?

Well I'll be damned! Looks like Blofeld might have a more important role than we thought!
    E9lB7__UcAAARkn?format=jpg&name=medium
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Mr White: ... women and children!

Did they kill Mrs. White so they could kidnap Madeiline and raise her and other members children in some special SPECTRE school?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Well I'll be damned! Looks like Blofeld might have a more important role than we thought!

So it looks like Blofeld is able to easily communicate from prison.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Mr White: ... women and children!

Did they kill Mrs. White so they could kidnap Madeiline and raise her and other members children in some special SPECTRE school?
    Perhaps that's why Safin goes after them in the frozen lake scene (if he's still a Spectre agent at the time)
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Yeah but in 2021?!?