No Time to Die production thread

Comments

antovolk wrote: »
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    The difference is, that in Australia and New Zealand they have spring coming up. So the Covid situation will be better in November.

In Europe and the US the situation might be worse in November/December.

So they should either stick to the current date or postpone until after "Avatar 2".

I don't think that's really a factor here re: situation necessarily being better there in so much as 1. their zero-Covid approach and 2. slow vaccine rollout

Think this is the key, AU/NZ's zero tolerance puts them in a strange position compared to the rest of the markets. They'd be foolish to let them dictate actions.

But this won't stop certain blogs from fear mongering!
    So, here's the deal, on the QT, very hush hush -- NTTD will be released at different times around the world, yes. However, they shot multiple endings -- good grief they've had a loooong time to get this ready - and this will keep people from County A from spoiling the ending for people in County B. Additionally, a la Mission Impossible, if anyone uses a pirated copy, it scrambles the computer brains of the thief's TV, etc. systems. They were hoping for a lil' smoke, too, but nope...OK so maybe not,
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    BMB007 wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    The difference is, that in Australia and New Zealand they have spring coming up. So the Covid situation will be better in November.

In Europe and the US the situation might be worse in November/December.

So they should either stick to the current date or postpone until after "Avatar 2".

I don't think that's really a factor here re: situation necessarily being better there in so much as 1. their zero-Covid approach and 2. slow vaccine rollout

Think this is the key, AU/NZ's zero tolerance puts them in a strange position compared to the rest of the markets. They'd be foolish to let them dictate actions.

But this won't stop certain blogs from fear mongering!

The zero-approach seems to have been thrown out the window by the NSW premier, hence why we're in this mess.

Most of the epidemiological reports I read a few weeks ago, said with 80% (we were barely at 60% then) compliance of social distancing etc., lockdowns would need to in place until at least Nov, and the situation has gotten much worse since than then.

Which makes a Nov release date seem rather optimistic.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,401

Hopefully that'll put all cancelation concerns to rest.

And on my birthday too. Too bad I don't live in England.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    As Carver would say: delicious.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    And there we have it! It’s official 😍
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    It's happening.
  • Wonderful news.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just over five weeks until we start hearing reviews and opinions on the film, finally. This is exciting.
  • thank goodness
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2021 Posts: 10,588
    I don’t recommend anyone getting their hopes up for NTTD sticking to its current release date until at least a week prior to sitting in the theatre. A lot can happen in a month and it seems those involved are open to a staggered release as seen with the Australia postponement. Fingers crossed most markets are able to see the film in late September/early October as planned but many countries are discussing going into another fall lockdown so I fear putting ones hopes into this yet again might end up in a lot of disappointment.
    Has anyone signed up to Sincura? How much are the tickets going for?
    jake24 wrote: »
    I don’t recommend anyone getting their hopes up for NTTD sticking to its current release date until at least a week prior to sitting in the theatre. A lot can happen in a month and it seems those involved are open to a staggered release as seen with the Australia postponement. Fingers crossed most markets are able to see the film in late September/early October as planned but many countries are discussing going into another fall lockdown so I fear putting ones hopes into this yet again might end up in a lot of disappointment.

I am 100% adamant that nowhere in the United States will lockdown as the government has, more or less, given up on any COVID stuff.

Bad in every way, but at least as the world burns I can watch Bond.

I am 100% adamant that nowhere in the United States will lockdown as the government has, more or less, given up on any COVID stuff.

I highly highly doubt there will be any large scale closures in the U.S. anywhere near what we saw last year. Not to get too political but the recent debacle in Afghanistan has the current administration on the ropes with their approvals sinking so they won't want to do anything more to piss people off for the time being.

I could be wrong but I just don't see it. Mask mandates and vaccine requirements are becoming more commonplace here but even in my very "progressive" area people are still flocking to sold out concerts and sports games and such.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited August 2021 Posts: 5,949
    ertert wrote: »

I highly highly doubt there will be any large scale closures in the U.S. anywhere near what we saw last year. Not to get too political but the recent debacle in Afghanistan has the current administration on the ropes with their approvals sinking so they won't want to do anything more to piss people off for the time being.

I could be wrong but I just don't see it. Mask mandates and vaccine requirements are becoming more commonplace here but even in my very "progressive" area people are still flocking to sold out concerts and sports games and such.

Bush got us into Afghanistan. Biden is getting us out. It's an unwinnable war/occupation/failed nation-building exercise.

The restrictions depend on the state. New York requires masks for movie theaters. Texas does not.
    September 28th of THIS year?
    Not 2022?

Excellent news.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    edited August 2021 Posts: 1,006
    Cases here in LA have been plateaued for about 2 weeks, and patient #’s at my hospital have actually started to dip… hopeful they will keep dropping. My plan is to pick a theatre in a neighborhood with the lowest case rate, throw on my N95, and view at an odd hour on a weekday.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Has anyone heard any news about the planned No Time to Die marathon through Regal Cinemas? It’s on the Regal website. I tried contacting them for further info. regarding where they’ll be showing it, but I never heard back from them.
    echo wrote: »

Bush got us into Afghanistan. Biden is getting us out. It's an unwinnable war/occupation/failed nation-building exercise.

The restrictions depend on the state. New York requires masks for movie theaters. Texas does not.

Yes but doing it in a dangerously incompetent and negligent manner which is horrifying much of the world and casting a shadow over his presidency. My point is that the fallout from this will make him more reluctant to cause more harm to his reputation by attempting to enact stricter measures in the U.S. People are simply too fatigued for closures.

Fair point on your second sentence. But Texas is not as much of a revenue source as NYC or California which will require masks and vaccines.
  • echo wrote: »

They went there to get Bin Laden really and then got entrenched in a war they couldn't win. All they had to do to reliase that would have been to read some history books of Britain's and the Soviets' interventions in the country.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    echo wrote: »

They went there to get Bin Laden really and then got entrenched in a war they couldn't win. All they had to do to reliase that would have been to read some history books of Britain's and the Soviets' interventions in the country.

Skip all posting about war in here!!!!!
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 490
    Delete.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 490

Which countries are discussing another lockdown?

EDIT: Just to nitpick as an aside, I think it's strange when articles keep referring to Boyle's film as NTTD and count the original 2019 release date as NTTD original. I think it's pretty clear that Boyle's film would be completely different and that NTTD didn't come to exist until Cary stepped aboard. The only similarity between NTTD and Boyle's film were that they would be the 5th Craig film.

EDIT: Just to nitpick as an aside, I think it's strange when articles keep referring to Boyle's film as NTTD and count the original 2019 release date as NTTD original. I think it's pretty clear that Boyle's film would be completely different and that NTTD didn't come to exist until Cary stepped aboard. The only similarity between NTTD and Boyle's film were that they would be the 5th Craig film.

Yeah this idea of CJF — one of the most talented filmmakers today — as some fill-in is kinda bizarre. It became a completely different film!

Yeah this idea of CJF — one of the most talented filmmakers today — as some fill-in is kinda bizarre. It became a completely different film!

Not trying to derail the discussion but I am still really curious to learn more about Boyle's film. I'm sure it would've been pretty cool but from everything I read it did not sound fitting as Craig's last film. It sounded like it would have no connection to the prior ones which I do enjoy for this era. Maybe it would have been better coming before Skyfall like another semi-self-contained film but not be the ending.

Not trying to derail the discussion but I am still really curious to learn more about Boyle's film. I'm sure it would've been pretty cool but from everything I read it did not sound fitting as Craig's last film. It sounded like it would have no connection to the prior ones which I do enjoy for this era. Maybe it would have been better coming before Skyfall like another semi-self-contained film but not be the ending.

That's what I've always thought and is why I'm inclined to believe he was let go — not wanting to make it "fit" with CR-SP in the way NTTD clearly looks to fit.