No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    @Contraband Yes you can usually pay and go to premieres, though I think it is quite expensive. I think Spectre’s were via a ballot of sorts for the charity they were supporting.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Someone wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    Is that actually official? Haven;t seen confirmation anywhere else of that date and it's nowhere on the RAH website.

The only thing we have to go by is the announcement listed on Sincuragroup's website. And the 28th is still free on RAH's website, so I would imagine RAH is gonna fill that with similar info

Scroll down
    https://thesincuragroup.com/tickets/film/premiers.html

The website refers you to the phone app and if you install that it doesn't give you anymore info but you can express interest, which I've done. I'll update this thread if I learn more.

Did they sell tickets to the Specte gala event as well, meaning did EON allowed that?

I thought the grand opening were only reserved for VIPs, cast, crew, prince william & co, with screaming fans nearby?

Yeah, these concierge companies do have access to a limited number of (very expensive) tickets.
    I thought the grand opening were only reserved for VIPs, cast, crew, prince william & co, with screaming fans nearby?

You can buy tickets via the charity they support.
    In addition they put the complete upper tier of the RAH on general sale for the Skyfall premiere in 2012. Prices were 50 pounds and 75 pounds.

For NTTD they offered tickets to fan clubs around the world in march 2020. Don't know if they will do that again next month.

But for sure there will be "normal people" walking the red carpet aswell.

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Aha, I see. Thanks for clearing that up, guys. We don't have those kind of high caliber events in Sweden. Celebs on the 'red carpet' at some movie opening yes but it's very down to earth. Anyone can go up to them and say hi.. The only time tight security are involved is when the swedish royal family goes to some event

Our good friend Harris paid a visit, but nothing significant so far
    Very interesting costume for Safin. Kind of odd and eccentric. Thanks for the pics!
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 3,164

On the one hand, could be a sign to brace oneself - on the other, the situation with lockdown in AUS/NZ (70% of the market in lockdown and just their outlook on tackling Covid/bad situation with vaccines) leaves no choice and we know they are more open to a staggered global release than other titles

Also - per Matt Belloni, they're still committed to October with EON pressuring this, and an F9-level 600m gross is the target at this point
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Belloni also said the thinking is if No Time to Die generates box office of $600 million to $800 million “they’re going to be OK if they can do that.”

That’s very optimistic!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    matt_u wrote: »
    Belloni also said the thinking is if No Time to Die generates box office of $600 million to $800 million “they’re going to be OK if they can do that.”

That’s very optimistic!

Belloni is talking baloney..... ;)) :-B
  • TheNumberOrTheCipherTheNumberOrTheCipher Raoul Silva did a little trolling
    Honestly what I could see happening IF NTTD gets delayed again is the film keeping it's 2021 slot, but being pushed into the November/December season. It's all speculative, but I have a feeling that Spider-Man: No Way Home might get delayed into 2022 considering the lack of marketing. This could see big movies in November being pushed back (with NTTD being pushed into November) or NTTD being pushed to December itself.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    If they want to make money they might want to start actually marketing the film
  • TheNumberOrTheCipherTheNumberOrTheCipher Raoul Silva did a little trolling
    edited August 2021 Posts: 82

True, but in all fairness though they still have over a month to pull something out
  • w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    antovolk wrote: »

On the one hand, could be a sign to brace oneself - on the other, the situation with lockdown in AUS/NZ (70% of the market in lockdown and just their outlook on tackling Covid/bad situation with vaccines) leaves no choice and we know they are more open to a staggered global release than other titles

Yep. The cinema websites all say 11/11 now

• edited August 2021 Posts: 850
    BTW, after reading it: nothing new/interresting in the 3 pages of the new issue of Total Film.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Getting nervous about NTTD keeping it's October slot now
  • HeinsenbergHeinsenberg France
    edited August 2021 Posts: 48
    Wednesday evening, while going to see Free Guy, a trailer of No Time to Die was played. I had never seen it! I would say 1mn / 1mn30, very close to the international trailer but with a different montage, including the scene of the car turning over from trailer 2. I think I spotted 2 or 3 unpublished shots, but nothing for sure. Hasn't anyone else seen it?
  • I wonder if Barbara Broccoli has seen this today in the British press:when trying to decide whether or not to push ahead with the film's release in a few weeks?:

The UK must quickly roll out a Covid vaccine booster and convince sceptics to take up the jab if it is to avoid a deadly fourth wave of the virus, an Israeli scientist has warned.

Eran Segal, a biologist professor at the Weizmann Institute of Science, said his country is seeing the effectiveness of the double Pfizer vaccine waning six months after the second jabs were administered.

Last week Israel became the first nation to offer a third dose to people as young as 50. It also has some of the highest levels of vaccination in the world, with about 80 per cent of those aged 12 and older having had both jabs.

However, Mr Segal warned the country is now seeing a sharp rise in infections and hospitalisations, particularly among the elderly and vulnerable, as the vaccine loses its potency and the highly infectious Delta variant spreads.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58270577

Not sure if this has been posted already.

Cinema box office takings at 50% of pre-pandemic levels
    Wednesday evening, while going to see Free Guy, a trailer of No Time to Die was played. I had never seen it! I would say 1mn / 1mn30, very close to the international trailer but with a different montage, including the scene of the car turning over from trailer 2. I think I spotted 2 or 3 unpublished shots, but nothing for sure. Hasn't anyone else seen it?

Is it this?

EDIT: some more context - Universal also pushed back in AUS/NZ Last Night In Soho to Nov 4 (from Oct 28) and Halloween Kills to Oct 28 (from Oct 14)

https://www.eventcinemas.co.nz/Movie/Halloween-Kills#date=2021-10-28
    https://www.eventcinemas.co.nz/Movie/Last-Night-In-Soho#date=2021-11-04
    Would this delay be happening everywhere since they’ve been clear they want it to debut all over at the same time?

The U.S. is going to start giving out boosters in September but most people won’t be getting them until December or January probably because they are supposed to be done 8 months after the last jab.
    Would this delay be happening everywhere since they’ve been clear they want it to debut all over at the same time?

The U.S. is going to start giving out boosters in September but most people won’t be getting them until December or January probably because they are supposed to be done 8 months after the last jab.

I mean that's ultimately the crux of the thing - do they want it to debut everywhere same time and so does Australia in this case force a global delay to November? I mean they say that but clearly they're not angling for day and date global like the likes of Disney - UK/international having a week head start right now, hell they had two weeks with the Nov 2020 release, on previous films the gap was like 3 weeks.... They are definitely more open to some sort of global stagger compared to other films/studios.

I suspect a model is what WB is doing with Dune - it's still full steam ahead opening Sept 15 in much of Western Europe, and then doesn't hit the UK, Aus/NZ (right now) and the US/HBO Max until October 22.
    The difference is, that in Australia and New Zealand they have spring coming up. So the Covid situation will be better in November.

In Europe and the US the situation might be worse in November/December.

So they should either stick to the current date or postpone until after "Avatar 2".
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    The difference is, that in Australia and New Zealand they have spring coming up. So the Covid situation will be better in November.

In Europe and the US the situation might be worse in November/December.

So they should either stick to the current date or postpone until after "Avatar 2".

I don't think that's really a factor here re: situation necessarily being better there in so much as 1. their zero-Covid approach and 2. slow vaccine rollout
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

True, but in all fairness though they still have over a month to pull something out

They may yet pull a rabbit from Baron Samedi's top hat and save the day. :)
    Sure they know if there’s a staggered release there will be pirated copies all over the internet.
    Sure they know if there’s a staggered release there will be pirated copies all over the internet.

And they still are more or less going ahead with one (and have done them in the past)! It's always an issue, but of course cam copies are kinda peanuts compared to what happens with the day and date VOD releases (where it really can cut into opening weekends as people turn to the copies in lieu of their first cinema/legal home viewing)...even Marvel's MO has always been release a week prior internationally. Point being, only relatively few, and only in specific countries where it's deemed more culturally acceptible even with crappy copies (eg Russia), people end up going for these as their first viewing.

And they still are more or less going ahead with one (and have done them in the past)! It's always an issue, but of course cam copies are kinda peanuts compared to what happens with the day and date VOD releases (where it really can cut into opening weekends as people turn to the copies in lieu of their first cinema/legal home viewing)...even Marvel's MO has always been release a week prior internationally. Point being, only relatively few, and only in specific countries where it's deemed more culturally acceptible even with crappy copies (eg Russia), people end up going for these as their first viewing.

Do you think they’re gonna stick with the 9/30 date in Europe given that seem to have booked venues and all that for the premiere?
  • HeinsenbergHeinsenberg France
    Is it this?

No, a similar version but with some shots from trailer 2 (the car turning around in the forest). At the end, the announced date is October 6 (release date here in France). It seems like a new trailer. I would have to see it again to be more precise!
    Is it this?

No, a similar version but with some shots from trailer 2 (the car turning around in the forest). At the end, the announced date is October 6 (release date here in France). It seems like a new trailer. I would have to see it again to be more precise!

Ah makes sense! Similar to how they've recut the super bowl spot with trailer 2 footage here in the UK.

New (but no new footage) French spot here
    Honestly what I could see happening IF NTTD gets delayed again is the film keeping it's 2021 slot, but being pushed into the November/December season. It's all speculative, but I have a feeling that Spider-Man: No Way Home might get delayed into 2022 considering the lack of marketing. This could see big movies in November being pushed back (with NTTD being pushed into November) or NTTD being pushed to December itself.

Fiege just said today FWIW they are committed to December date.