No Time to Die production thread

Comments

delfloria wrote: »
    So what happens to NTTD and the Bond franchise if there is a new variant every year?

You ever see "Rocky Horror Picture Show"? That's what happens.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    That mask looks really ominous in those pics, the mask not having an expression is really intimidating. Surprised this has never been in used in Bond before now
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    That mask looks really ominous in those pics, the mask not having an expression is really intimidating. Surprised this has never been in used in Bond before now

Old trick. We used this on the original "Halloween" film.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 313
    30 sec. tv spot. Not new footage, but new MGM logo
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CSsoBcyHbEO/?utm_medium=share_sheet
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    30 sec. tv spot. Not new footage, but new MGM logo
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CSsoBcyHbEO/?utm_medium=copy_link

Dead link
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 3,164
    Fan edit of last year's Oscars spot
    antovolk wrote: »
    Fan edit of last year's Oscars spot

👍
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    If it still gets released in October, people will go to see this. This is barring any major lockdowns and/or cinema closures. Streaming is not an option, therefore the overall numbers will not be skewed Ala Black Widow and Suicide Squad, when people had options to view from home at a much cheaper rate.

At least here in America, while the Delta variant is concerning, people are showing up in droves to sports stadiums that were completely empty this time last year. Cinema screens are limited, but even with limited capacity at a 12-16 screen cinema, Bond can easily take half of those to insure decent numbers.
  • If it still gets released in October, people will go to see this. This is barring any major lockdowns and/or cinema closures. Streaming is not an option, therefore the overall numbers will not be skewed Ala Black Widow and Suicide Squad, when people had options to view from home at a much cheaper rate.

At least here in America, while the Delta variant is concerning, people are showing up in droves to sports stadiums that were completely empty this time last year. Cinema screens are limited, but even with limited capacity at a 12-16 screen cinema, Bond can easily take half of those to insure decent numbers.

I agree with just about all of this. I live in a part of America (the northeast) that considers itself one of the more educated and more "progressive" areas, and although I've seen more people wearing masks lately, I have not seen any indication that people are staying away from crowds. I know several people who just last week attended separate sold-out concerts at Boston's Fenway Park. So I don't think they're going to stay away from theaters, at least not in huge numbers (even though there will, of course, be people who do stay away from theaters).
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 490

If it still gets released in October, people will go to see this. This is barring any major lockdowns and/or cinema closures. Streaming is not an option, therefore the overall numbers will not be skewed Ala Black Widow and Suicide Squad, when people had options to view from home at a much cheaper rate.

I agree with just about all of this. I live in a part of America (the northeast) that considers itself one of the more educated and more "progressive" areas, and although I've seen more people wearing masks lately, I have not seen any indication that people are staying away from crowds. I know several people who just last week attended separate sold-out concerts at Boston's Fenway Park. So I don't think they're going to stay away from theaters, at least not in huge numbers (even though there will, of course, be people who do stay away from theaters).

Same here. Masks are required in almost every public setting, more places are implementing vax requirements for indoor activities but there are sold out concerts and packed restaurants all over the place.

Like others have said, it would be purely for profitability reasons if the film gets delayed again, and at that point I’d lose all hope of seeing it before 2023 when those huge numbers become possible.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

I'm just waiting for the "Go woke go broke" crowd when the film underperforms, which is inevitable given the current global landscape.

I'm not staying away from crowds at all, ever since I got vaccinated. I went to a borderline sold out Yankees-Marlins game last month and have been fine.

This is my experience as well, except I'm in the midwest. Some people will certainly avoid the theaters, but the vast majority will not.
    JamesStock wrote: »

This is my experience as well, except I'm in the midwest. Some people will certainly avoid the theaters, but the vast majority will not.

I've avoided them only because it was cheaper to sign up for a month subscription and watch a new movie for $15 versus $50-60 for my family to take a trip to the theater. If streaming wasn't an option, then more people would be going. Even if NTTD and Matrix 4 (which will be) had options to stream, I still will go to the theater to get the cinematic experience that cannot compare to even the best home theater setup.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Not feeling confident about the October US release:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/17/health/covid-vaccinated-infections.html

And what happens in markets like NY where you have to show proof of vaccination? Do the unvaccinated lie about their status, or just stay away entirely?
    echo wrote: »

And what happens in markets like NY where you have to show proof of vaccination? Do the unvaccinated lie about their status, or just stay away entirely?

How can they, unless they take a picture of someone else's card and passes it along as their own? Yankee Stadium was packed last night. Do they need to show proof prior to entering or is it an honor system?
    edited August 2021 Posts: 5,978
    Proof of vaccination is required indoors in movie theaters in NYC.

I don't know what percentage of New Yorkers are anti-vaxxers, but as of today the vaccination rate is 56%.

Let's say 40% refuse to get the vaccine...that's a lot of people who are barred from seeing NTTD in the biggest US market.

If I were Barbara Broccoli, I don't know what I'd do. The vaccine has been politicized beyond all reason and it could take years before the virus is contained or mutates into something harmless.

How can you lie about your status?

In Germany you have to show the official state document (combined with your ID card), that you have been vaccinated.

Same with tested people. They have to be tested at official testing stations.
    Tests, that you can do at home by yourself do not count.

Otherwise everybody could just pretend to be tested negative or be vaccinated.
    Jan1985 wrote: »

How can you lie about your status?

In Germany you have to show the official state document (combined with your ID card), that you have been vaccinated.

Same with tested people. They have to be tested at official testing stations.
    Tests, that you can do at home by yourself do not count.

Otherwise everybody could just pretend to be tested negative or be vaccinated.

Apparently there is a black market in fake vaccination cards.

Breakthrough infections are certainly happening but are still quite rare. NY, NYC specifically has 70% of adults fully vaxxed, one of the highest rates in the nation. Many types of indoor activities around the country are requiring proof of vaccination to enter and it isn't discouraging activity. There are massive, sold out events happening that require vaccination to partake.
  • echo wrote: »
    If I were Barbara Broccoli, I don't know what I'd do. The vaccine has been politicized beyond all reason and it could take years before the virus is contained or mutates into something harmless.

It's a lose-lose situation, but life must go on. Even if a sizeable portion of prospective audiences won't be able to go to cinemas without proof of vaccination, if cinemas are allowed to be open then the film should play in those jurisdictions. This is as best a "global release" EON will get in what looks to be perpetuity.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 490

It's a lose-lose situation, but life must go on. Even if a sizeable portion of prospective audiences won't be able to go to cinemas without proof of vaccination, if cinemas are allowed to be open then the film should play in those jurisdictions. This is as best a "global release" EON will get in what looks to be perpetuity.

I just can't see Barbara Broccoli being willing to settle for anything less than astronomical box office, no matter how long we have to wait. She's been quite clear that NTTD is her baby and it deserves all of the hype and fanfare that Daniel Craig's last outing as Bond should have. It's unlikely that theaters will be back to normal in 2022 so I think 2023 is a very realistic possibility.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    ertert wrote: »

I just can't see Barbara Broccoli being willing to settle for anything less than astronomical box office, no matter how long we have to wait. She's been quite clear that NTTD is her baby and it deserves all of the hype and fanfare that Daniel Craig's last outing as Bond should have. It's unlikely that theaters will be back to normal in 2022 so I think 2023 is a very realistic possibility.

I wonder if fatigue settles in. It wouldnt be the first time the producers have acknowledged they are exhausted by the process of a Bond film. Perhaps this couple with the likely financial loss may change their stubborn minds. I dont disagree with your arguement just trying to remain hopeful for a release in just over a month.
  • I wonder if the impending deal with Amazon will assuage their concerns over a potential box office flop?
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    I wonder if the impending deal with Amazon will assuage their concerns over a potential box office flop?

EON wont see any of that though. That would only satisfy MGM unfortunately. We need EON and Universal to find some compensation
  • Ah, that’ll be a trick then.
    nikos78 wrote: »

> Sources say No Time to Die may not be able to push yet again at this point, as each restart costs many millions of dollars in marketing.

Hahaha I love this. For once MGM being broke works in our favor!
    Going to concerts and sporting events outdoors feels safer to many people, even if, in fact, they are not safer than being inside a theater. There are counterbalancing factors -- here comes the amateur scientist, but this may reflect how some folks see it: Theaters -- indoors and closed whereas stadiums are open, outdoors, with more airflow, one hopes. Favor - stadiums. Theater -- high ceiling and air conditioning with good filtration, and some theaters already announced more frequent cleaning and changing the filters more often. Favor -- Theaters. Stadiums -- sports fans and concert-goers opening their traps and screaming and yelling, and to drink and eat. Let's face it, somewhat disgusting even before any pandemic. Favor -- Theaters. I've not seen any scientific analysis of the comparison, and gladly would read something on that besides my own rambling...
    ertert wrote: »

Breakthrough infections are certainly happening but are still quite rare. NY, NYC specifically has 70% of adults fully vaxxed, one of the highest rates in the nation. Many types of indoor activities around the country are requiring proof of vaccination to enter and it isn't discouraging activity. There are massive, sold out events happening that require vaccination to partake.

No. As of this morning, the vaccination rate in NYC was 56%.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 5,978
    Double post, sorry.