"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2021 Posts: 23,327

Go and get him Ole :))

...Barca will find a way to keep him.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I absolutely hate transfer windows!!! ~X(
    The most DEVASTATING front-three in Premier League history?!

---

Removing Messi's iconic image is pretty final, I thought Messi would some how stay.

A front 3 of Messi, Neymar and Mbappe is ridiculous. surely Mbappe will want to stay at PSG now. That front three is second only to Ronaldo G.O.A.T. , Rooney and Tevez ;)
    The New season is almost here...
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,353
    Premier League is back!! 2021

Jose Mourinho Sits Down With....Jose Mourinho?? Special....... :)>-

• edited August 2021 Posts: 17,279
    Here we go again…
    Brentford-Arsenal, 1-0.
    Here we go again…
    Brentford-Arsenal, 1-0.

When I saw Arsenals line up I thought you were in a trouble, I don't even recognise some of the players starting.
    My prediction yesterday for the Brentford v Arsenal game was 1 - 1
    Here we go again…
    Brentford-Arsenal, 1-0.

When I saw Arsenals line up I thought you were in a trouble, I don't even recognise some of the players starting.

Strange enough, I wouldn't call Martinelli and Balogun a downgrade on Lacazette and Aubameyang, given how they're played in preseason. This is probably about the best team they were able to start tonight.

I don't expect Arsenal to score, personally. They are completely unable to create anything.
    Here we go again…
    Brentford-Arsenal, 1-0.

Strange enough, I wouldn't call Martinelli and Balogun a downgrade on Lacazette and Aubameyang, given how they're played in preseason. This is probably about the best team they were able to start tonight.

I don't expect Arsenal to score, personally. They are completely unable to create anything.

Smith Rowe struggling, or just not the answer?

Has there been any forward progress on Maddison potentially going to Arsenal.
    Here we go again…
    Brentford-Arsenal, 1-0.

2-0 in the end. I considered placing a bet on a home win, but didn't go through with it. :))

The fact that Arsenal have to rely on Smith Rowe and Saka to be the answer shows how badly the club is run. In an ideal situation, they would flourish alongside quality, more established players, but the sad fact for Arsenal is that there aren't any. You can't count on the senior players to turn up at all, and the overall quality of the team is shocking. Add that to the fact that Arteta's tactics (if there are any), don't work.

No, as far as the latest rumours suggest, the interest in Maddison is only as an option to Ødegaard, a transfer I don't think will be smart either…
    Here we go again…
    Brentford-Arsenal, 1-0.

2-0 in the end. I considered placing a bet on a home win, but didn't go through with it. :))

The fact that Arsenal have to rely on Smith Rowe and Saka to be the answer shows how badly the club is run. In an ideal situation, they would flourish alongside quality, more established players, but the sad fact for Arsenal is that there aren't any. You can't count on the senior players to turn up at all, and the overall quality of the team is shocking. Add that to the fact that Arteta's tactics (if there are any), don't work.

No, as far as the latest rumours suggest, the interest in Maddison is only as an option to Ødegaard, a transfer I don't think will be smart either…

Recruitment does seem to be a major issue, is White looking like a £50 million defender
    Here we go again…
    Brentford-Arsenal, 1-0.

Recruitment does seem to be a major issue, is White looking like a £50 million defender

It doesn't look like they have a plan behind anything at the moment. And paying £50 million for Ben White is absolutely shocking. Here are his stats from the game:

45.5% duels won (5/11)
    42.8% aerial duels won (3/7)
    Here we go again…
    Brentford-Arsenal, 1-0.

It doesn't look like they have a plan behind anything at the moment. And paying £50 million for Ben White is absolutely shocking. Here are his stats from the game:

45.5% duels won (5/11)

Some Arsenal fans said your defence was bullied by Toney.

In today's market certainly English players you don't always get value for money.
    Just watched the Brentford v Arsenal highlights now I know why one fan said they were shocked by White in a bad way. Lukaku will have a field day against White next week.
    Here we go again…
    Brentford-Arsenal, 1-0.

45.5% duels won (5/11)

Some Arsenal fans said your defence was bullied by Toney.

In today's market certainly English players you don't always get value for money.

Yes, although he's contribution didn't lead to any goals, he had no trouble against the Arsenal defence.

The prices for homegrown players today are ridiculous. A £50 million defender wouldn't cost near as much had he been from another country.
    Just watched the Brentford v Arsenal highlights now I know why one fan said they were shocked by White in a bad way. Lukaku will have a field day against White next week.

I expect that game to be a goal fest. Lukaku is just the type of player that this Arsenal team should have big trouble playing against. Add that to the creative players Lukaku will have around him!
  • DeathToSpies84DeathToSpies84 Haydock, England
    Fair play to Brentford. They wanted it more last night. Arsenal just looked woeful and a shell of the side that were untouchable 2 decades ago in the 03/04 season.

5 games on at the same time. Unusual by the fa.
    Go Liverpool.......... 👍👍👍
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Arsenal's multiple problems keeps giving me sleepless nights, that's why I haven't been here for a while now.
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Arsenal's multiple problems keeps giving me sleepless nights, that's why I haven't been here for a while now.

Better brace ourselves for a difficult season @GadgetMan; Arsenal have plenty of work to do in order to become competitive again…

Better brace ourselves for a difficult season @GadgetMan; Arsenal have plenty of work to do in order to become competitive again…

This could be The Gunners biggest problem ? imo

Paul Merson criticises Arsenal's recruitment under technical director Edu in his latest column
    It's worrying at Arsenal. You're still thinking: 'Where are they going?'

Edu has come in, and the recruitment has been lazy, if I'm being honest. It's been: 'Oh, we'll take Willian on a free… we'll take David Luiz for cheap.'

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/12383031/arsenal-recruitment-has-been-lazy-and-chelsea-looked-like-man-city-says-paul-merson

This could be The Gunners biggest problem ? imo

Paul Merson criticises Arsenal's recruitment under technical director Edu in his latest column
    It's worrying at Arsenal. You're still thinking: 'Where are they going?'

Edu has come in, and the recruitment has been lazy, if I'm being honest. It's been: 'Oh, we'll take Willian on a free… we'll take David Luiz for cheap.'

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/15205/12383031/arsenal-recruitment-has-been-lazy-and-chelsea-looked-like-man-city-says-paul-merson

Arsenal don't seem to have a plan in their recruitment. Just look at that list in the article. If you see the signings other clubs make, you understand how these signings make sense. For Arsenal, it's hard to see a strategy. That's on Edu, Arteta, the board and the owners.

What's the point signing Ramsdale for £30-40m, for example? He's too expensive to bee a no. 2, but is he any better than Leno?

Yeah, sad truth @Torgeirtrap it's really depressing and you're right, I don't understand Arsenal's transfer plan. And like you, I too don't understand Arsenal's interest in Ramsdale.

Yeah, sad truth @Torgeirtrap it's really depressing and you're right, I don't understand Arsenal's transfer plan. And like you, I too don't understand Arsenal's interest in Ramsdale.

Seems like the deal is done now too. Ramsdale will probably be announced with Ødegaard later today.

Seems like the deal is done now too. Ramsdale will probably be announced with Ødegaard later today.

£30 million for Ødegaard is a good price for Arsenal.
    He did well last season.
    Are you happy with his signing ?

Yeah. It looks that way. Probably Arsenal's most uncertain season yet.

:)) that last impression, thought I was going to have a heart attack laughing.

£30 million for Ødegaard is a good price for Arsenal.
    He did well last season.
    Are you happy with his signing ?

Sceptical. Arsenal need players who can create chances, which Ødegaard is more than capable of, but they also need players that can deliver goals as well.

Yeah. It looks that way. Probably Arsenal's most uncertain season yet.

No matter how the transfer window ends up, I'm not getting my hopes up for an improvement from last season. Arsenal are no better than that 8th place from last season. I'm even not sure they'll finish top ten!