No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Contraband wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Minor BTS-gossip:
    EON hired a british model agency to source black models working as extras in the jamaican nightclub scenes (shot at The Richard Attenborough Stage, Pinewood). And on top of that, on set it turns out that Lashana's hands was not that good looking (ugly basically) so they had to use a model from the agency for the close-up doing something important with her hands. The same model also doubled for Lashana in full tactical outfit in other unknown scenes.

Hand doubles are fairly common for close-ups, so that's nothing too unusual.

Don't I know it. 30 years in the swedish film&tv industry..

You 'sound' bitter. Are hand models total divas then? LOL
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 3,164
    Someone wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    On that Nomi/Paloma TV spot - guess we know of 3 countries playing it to date - Canada, (possibly) Germany and Japan....

Anyone here caught anything with Suicide Squad this weekend?

When we had the trailers before each of the other delays, bar the first delay, did they pay for TV spots or did we just have social media trailer releases? It seems to me telling that they could well be going for 30 September/8 October if they are paying for Olympic closing ceremony TV adverts and TV spots elsewhere.

Ahead of (or rather just after) the November - April delay there was one spot that aired on Jimmy Kimmel on James Bond Day following Craig's appearance. But otherwise just social media. So yes, telling indeed if they're paying for Olympics airtime.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 1,693
    Interestingly enough, one of Craig's more recent interviews has cooled me a bit on NTTD. Makes the next two months easier to get though. I grew up in the Connery era and have a tough time with the Scooby Gang personal connections that Craig's Bond has. Now Craig says that the big theme behind the story of NTTD is "Family". Personally, I don't go to a Bond film to be caught up in family relationships, especially one's involving foster brothers.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    BMB007 wrote: »
    I find it really hard to accept the idea of NTTD bombing at the box-office in less than two months. After all their effort and the frustrating wait it’s just not fair.

Bombing is relative, I think. Since this is an industry wide shock, everything is gonna lose money. But if Bond (big if) has the biggest box office haul, did it "bomb"?

Obviously like you say everybody is losing money, it’s not just Bond. Even tho NTTD still suffers for the longest delay and unlike most other major blockbuster doesn’t have a streaming platform backup plan. As I see things anyway, NTTD has 0 chances to be the highest grossing film of 2021 since F9’s numbers are out of its reach. I don’t know, if Bond will barely cross the $400 million mark it’s gonna be considered a box-office bomb? I’d say hell yes. Keep in mind that a film everybody hated with a B Cinemascore like Tenet made $363 million one year ago. And the worst thing is that a $400/450 million box office figure is what this film will likely generate, given the current times.

Again with the streaming? it won't go to streaming. And if it does, not only on such a platform. If they don't release NTTD in theaters, I'll refuse to see it until the Blu Ray comes out.

Where did I say NTTD will go to streaming? Read again.

"It doesn't have a streaming backup plan".

So what? That’s just a fact. Read again.

I assumed that you think that it will go to streaming. If I was wrong: sorry old chap.

No problem man I was just pointing out that NTTD doesn’t have that day and date release strategy and quite frankly I’m very happy about that.
    I find it really hard to accept the idea of NTTD bombing at the box-office in less than two months. After all their effort and the frustrating wait it’s just not fair.

Bombing is relative, I think. Since this is an industry wide shock, everything is gonna lose money. But if Bond (big if) has the biggest box office haul, did it "bomb"?

Obviously like you say everybody is losing money, it’s not just Bond. Even tho NTTD still suffers for the longest delay and unlike most other major blockbuster doesn’t have a streaming platform backup plan. As I see things anyway, NTTD has 0 chances to be the highest grossing film of 2021 since F9’s numbers are out of its reach. I don’t know, if Bond will barely cross the $400 million mark it’s gonna be considered a box-office bomb? I’d say hell yes. Keep in mind that a film everybody hated with a B Cinemascore like Tenet made $363 million one year ago. And the worst thing is that a $400/450 million box office figure is what this film will likely generate, given the current times.

Again with the streaming? it won't go to streaming. And if it does, not only on such a platform. If they don't release NTTD in theaters, I'll refuse to see it until the Blu Ray comes out.

I assumed that you think that it will go to streaming. If I was wrong: sorry old chap.

No problem man I was just pointing out that NTTD doesn’t have that day and date release strategy and quite frankly I’m very happy about that.

I'm no expert but I wonder if some films struggling at BO (Black Widow, The Suicide Squad) is both a function of COVID and also people having the option to just watch at home. Perhaps if NTTD gets a lot of hype, it'll get people into the theaters. We'll see!

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

I'm no expert but I wonder if some films struggling at BO (Black Widow, The Suicide Squad) is both a function of COVID and also people having the option to just watch at home. Perhaps if NTTD gets a lot of hype, it'll get people into the theaters. We'll see!

A bit of both, but I’m sure the latter is a bigger factor. Why go out to the movies when you can enjoy it in the comfort of your own home? Especially during COVID times.

With NTTD, people will only have the choice to see it in theaters or not until it’s available for home viewing months later. I’m sure that helped F9 a lot which is why it’s currently the highest grossing film so far because it has a healthy time to collect at the box office before it was available on demand.

I think the lesson learned here is that big movies have a harder time on streaming because unlike movie theaters they have to compete with EVERYTHING that’s on the internet, whether it’s Netflix, YouTube or TikTok videos. In the theater, movies only have to compete with themselves and the selections are finite compared to the internet.

HBOMax has likely already learned this, given they announced that they will not put new movies on their service beyond 2021. It was a curious experiment, proven unsustainable.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    On that Nomi/Paloma TV spot - guess we know of 3 countries playing it to date - Canada, (possibly) Germany and Japan....

Anyone here caught anything with Suicide Squad this weekend?

Is it only in cinemas right now? I think it's on TV in the UK, but strangely enough we still dont have footage uploaded anywhere
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 928
    The TV spot bas been shown about 5 times so far during the Olympics closing ceremony broadcast in Canada. Gets my attention every time!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The TV spot bas been shown about 5 times so far during the Olympics closing ceremony broadcast in Canada. Gets my attention every time!
    Any new footage?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    delfloria wrote: »
    Interestingly enough, one of Craig's more recent interviews has cooled me a bit on NTTD. Makes the next two months easier to get though. I grew up in the Connery era and have a tough time with the Scooby Gang personal connections that Craig's Bond has. Now Craig says that the big theme behind the story of NTTD is "Family". Personally, I don't go to a Bond film to be caught up in family relationships, especially one's involving foster brothers.

I take the opposite point of view. The entire DC era has been entrenched in Jungian psychology and theory, which makes sense given that Fleming was very interested in Jung. Now, the ridiculous foster brother angle aside, I have found it all to have worked quite well. In a time when F&F, Bourne, MI, and Kingsman have become huge action franchises (with cardboard characters), EON saw an opportunity to create a Bond with whom audiences would connect a little better. This has been Marvel's influence on Bond, and I think it's refreshing.
    TripAces wrote: »

I take the opposite point of view. The entire DC era has been entrenched in Jungian psychology and theory, which makes sense given that Fleming was very interested in Jung. Now, the ridiculous foster brother angle aside, I have found it all to have worked quite well. In a time when F&F, Bourne, MI, and Kingsman have become huge action franchises (with cardboard characters), EON saw an opportunity to create a Bond with whom audiences would connect a little better. This has been Marvel's influence on Bond, and I think it's refreshing.

SOME audiences could connect with him a little better. Once again I have the feeling this is a generational thing.
    TripAces wrote: »

Yes!!! I'm obsessed with the psychological (Jung, Campbell, Hillman, etc.) analysis of stories. The mythological aspect.

After "No Time to Die", I'm going to do some big project analyzing CR through NTTD. There is genuinely impressive narrative being told in the Craig Era. Some of the prior Bond films have flirted with it, but they brought it full focus in these and I love it.

Anyone able to save it?
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    SOME audiences could connect with him a little better. Once again I have the feeling this is a generational thing.

It's not generational. It's called being an individual with your own likes and preferences.

edited August 2021 Posts: 4,343

A bit of both, but I’m sure the latter is a bigger factor. Why go out to the movies when you can enjoy it in the comfort of your own home? Especially during COVID times.

With NTTD, people will only have the choice to see it in theaters or not until it’s available for home viewing months later. I’m sure that helped F9 a lot which is why it’s currently the highest grossing film so far because it has a healthy time to collect at the box office before it was available on demand.

I think the lesson learned here is that big movies have a harder time on streaming because unlike movie theaters they have to compete with EVERYTHING that’s on the internet, whether it’s Netflix, YouTube or TikTok videos. In the theater, movies only have to compete with themselves and the selections are finite compared to the internet.

HBOMax has likely already learned this, given they announced that they will not put new movies on their service beyond 2021. It was a curious experiment, proven unsustainable.

This is true. Especially if you already pay for a streaming service why pay more to go see a film in a theater during a pandemic? Easier to stay home.
    So regarding F9’s gross it’s obvious that a “theaters only” strategy benefited the film’s overall box office run but there were also two key factors in play. First, the COVID situation worldwide was better a couple of months ago, given nowadays spread of the Delta variant and second 1/3 of F9’s money comes from China.

And surprise, NTTD doesn’t even have a China date release.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 625
    First, the COVID situation worldwide was better a couple of months ago, given nowadays spread of the Delta variant and second 1/3 of F9’s money comes from China.

International films only get chinese release dates on a short notice.
    That's normal.
    F&F9 had not China release date two or three weeks before it was released over there.

And the Delta variant is a little bit more contagious, but not more dangerous concerning severe illness.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    First, the COVID situation worldwide was better a couple of months ago, given nowadays spread of the Delta variant and second 1/3 of F9’s money comes from China.

International films only get chinese release dates on a short notice.
    That's normal.
    F&F9 had not China release date two or three weeks before it was released over there.

And the Delta variant is a little bit more contagious, but not more dangerous concerning severe illness.

Actually F9 Chinese release date was revealed 5 weeks before its May 21 opening. Let’s see what happens with NTTD.

Regarding the second topic it’s all about the overall perception of the Delta variant and currently people’s confidence about going to the movies is going down again. Anyway new lockdowns and restrictions are being made almost everywhere. This is not helping.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2021 Posts: 14,861
    Curious, was this true? They're saying it's been deleted now.

Regarding the second topic it’s all about the overall perception of the Delta variant and currently people’s confidence about going to the movies is going down again. Anyway new lockdowns and restrictions are being made almost everywhere. This is not helping.

I know, that the people's confidence is the main problem.
    But when you're vaccinated the risk to become severe ill is very, very low.
    In addition you have the best ACs in movie theatres, where they exchange the air several times per hour. It would be bad luck to get the virus, and then become ill, when you sit in a movie theatre. You would be 1 in a trillion.

In addition: here in Germany we still have 1.5 metres between bookable seats in the theatre. So there are at least one or two empty seats besides you, and in front and behind you.
  • mtm wrote: »
    Curious, was this true? They're saying it's been deleted now.

Hello MI6-Community,

I’ve been reading in this forum for at least 6 years and now decided to register.
    Yesterday I discovered this FAQ-Side on the 007 online store and posted it in the German Bond-Forum.
    CineKompass might have read my post and tweeted it (as seen above).
    Now the FAQ-Section is gone - probably just 3-4 hours after my post and the tweet.
    Very mysterious 😅
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Thanks Patrice. It's interesting, although I guess it could possibly have just been a web designer filling out text without working from anything etc. I don't know if it's definite proof of anything but it is certainly an interesting development.
    Never gonna happen.
    The one-minute trailer has been removed from the BBFC site
    https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/no-time-to-die-q29sbgvjdglvbjpwwc00otmzmty
    edited August 2021 Posts: 469
    TheBondFan wrote: »

I can still see it there. It's an older one, not any of the unseen newer ones.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, I didn't see the dropdown menu. My bad!

Does this mean it's no longer going to be shown?
    edited August 2021 Posts: 469
    ertert wrote: »

https://www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/motion-picture-ratings/classification-details/?cpbc_id=525578

Still live in Canada. Japan has seen it already, according to some. Maybe it's been redacted as the commercial is about to come out and they need to do final edits? fingers crossed.

https://www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/motion-picture-ratings/classification-details/?cpbc_id=525578

Still live in Canada. Japan has seen it already, according to some. Maybe it's been redacted as the commercial is about to come out and they need to do final edits? fingers crossed.

the listing that's been removed from the BBFC I know has been there for some months, it isn't (from my understanding) that Paloma/Nomi spot that Canada and Japan have. There's also the question of what is that new spot that Germany is getting in cinemas now - the same Nomi/Paloma one or another, or is it just the existing BOND IS BACK one.

[heavy breathing]
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

the listing that's been removed from the BBFC I know has been there for some months, it isn't (from my understanding) that Paloma/Nomi spot that Canada and Japan have. There's also the question of what is that new spot that Germany is getting in cinemas now - the same Nomi/Paloma one or another, or is it just the existing BOND IS BACK one.
    Do we know if the Nomi/Paloma TV spot contains new footage or is it a re-cut if stuff we’ve seen before?
    jake24 wrote: »

Do we know if the Nomi/Paloma TV spot contains new footage or is it a re-cut if stuff we’ve seen before?

The million dollar question! Anyone have any japanese contacts who've been to the cinemas recently?