No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    There are also foot doubles.

Rosanna Arquette worked with Martin Scorsese on the anthology movie New York Stories, and there was supposed to be a shot in which Nick Nolte gazes at her bare foot. She warns Scorsese that her feet are oddly-shaped, Scorsese isn't worried, then they try shooting the scene, she takes her shoes off, Scorsese looks at her feet... and immediately tells her that she was right and that they'll have a foot double on set within minutes.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I’m pretty confident that Craig Bond won’t be 007 by the end of the film. He’ll stay retired and have a happy ending. And then when we get the next Bond it’ll be a new iteration.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    It’s always the same old stuff…
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That’s okay though, I don’t think I want to see any more of it before I see it now.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,343
    I need some new footage to survive the next 53 days.

:D
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Benny wrote: »
    Hand doubles in Bond films have been semi common for years.
    Terence Young in FRWL writing on the photo of Tania
    Peter Lamont in TB retrieving the watch and ID tags
    And Pierce Brosnan's son (Sean?) yanking on the handbrake in the DB5 in GE.
    I'm sure there are countless others.

Yes, but this different. I don't know why, but it is. Otherwise the phrase selective nitpicking would've never existed.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    matt_u wrote: »

I guess once we're on final approach an actual clip or two might appear: we've only had the bridge jump so far.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited August 2021 Posts: 469

Same, I feel this so bad! I have to analyse something!

Although in the comment above I believe that that isn't the Nomi and Paloma trailer, I've seen that trailer already. Hoping in the next few days someone can drop that trailer somewhere!

It's also being released on TV in the UK so as soon as one of our ispot or other commercial site lurkers pick it up I'm sure it'll be posted here.

Be on the lookout, everyone!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Fan art.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    QBranch wrote: »
    Fan art.

If so, it’s better than the official poster. Whatever happened to the fan art competition?

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I like the background too. Other than the lazy re-colouring effort, the newer posters feature the PPK in Bond's hand, not the P226.
    I find it really hard to accept the idea of NTTD bombing at the box-office in less than two months. After all their effort and the frustrating wait it’s just not fair.
    It’s unfortunate but nothing anyone could have avoided. After all, look at all the other flicks.
    I find it really hard to accept the idea of NTTD bombing at the box-office in less than two months. After all their effort and the frustrating wait it’s just not fair.

Bombing is relative, I think. Since this is an industry wide shock, everything is gonna lose money. But if Bond (big if) has the biggest box office haul, did it "bomb"?
    BMB007 wrote: »

Bombing is relative, I think. Since this is an industry wide shock, everything is gonna lose money. But if Bond (big if) has the biggest box office haul, did it "bomb"?

Obviously like you say everybody is losing money, it’s not just Bond. Even tho NTTD still suffers for the longest delay and unlike most other major blockbuster doesn’t have a streaming platform backup plan. As I see things anyway, NTTD has 0 chances to be the highest grossing film of 2021 since F9’s numbers are out of its reach. I don’t know, if Bond will barely cross the $400 million mark it’s gonna be considered a box-office bomb? I’d say hell yes. Keep in mind that a film everybody hated with a B Cinemascore like Tenet made $363 million one year ago. And the worst thing is that a $400/450 million box office figure is what this film will likely generate, given the current times.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 3,497

Obviously like you say everybody is losing money, it’s not just Bond. Even tho NTTD still suffers for the longest delay and unlike most other major blockbuster doesn’t have a streaming platform backup plan. As I see things anyway, NTTD has 0 chances to be the highest grossing film of 2021 since F9’s numbers are out of its reach. I don’t know, if Bond will barely cross the $400 million mark it’s gonna be considered a box-office bomb? I’d say hell yes. Keep in mind that a film everybody hated with a B Cinemascore like Tenet made $363 million one year ago. And the worst thing is that a $400/450 million box office figure is what this film will likely generate, given the current times.

Again with the streaming? it won't go to streaming. And if it does, not only on such a platform. If they don't release NTTD in theaters, I'll refuse to see it until the Blu Ray comes out.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,343
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Again with the streaming? it won't go to streaming. And if it does, not only on such a platform. If they don't release NTTD in theaters, I'll refuse to see it until the Blu Ray comes out.

Where did I say NTTD will go to streaming? Read again.

What I said is that other blockbuster with their day and date theater/streaming release are in a different position than NTTD. Bond will come out only in theaters and that’s a huge gamble, given the current situation.

"It doesn't have a streaming backup plan".

Streaming would hurt its box office, so it’ll be the ultimate test with Bond.

So what? That’s just a fact. Read again.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 3,497
    I'm glad that I saw Black Widow on the big screen and fully support Scarlett in her lawsuit against Disney. But that's off topic. ;)
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    A couple of quick Q’s.

1. In the 30s trailer a voice says “this was your choice”. Do we know who that is?
    2. Does NTTD have a confirmed chinese release date yet?

TIA

So what? That’s just a fact. Read again.

I assumed that you think that it will go to streaming. If I was wrong: sorry old chap.
    Mallory wrote: »
    A couple of quick Q’s.

1. In the 30s trailer a voice says “this was your choice”. Do we know who that is?
    2. Does NTTD have a confirmed chinese release date yet?

TIA

1. Safin
    2. Don't think so
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    2. Not confirmed for Mainland China.

Hong Kong China 7 October 2021.
    On that Nomi/Paloma TV spot - guess we know of 3 countries playing it to date - Canada, (possibly) Germany and Japan....

Anyone here caught anything with Suicide Squad this weekend?
    antovolk wrote: »
    On that Nomi/Paloma TV spot - guess we know of 3 countries playing it to date - Canada, (possibly) Germany and Japan....

Anyone here caught anything with Suicide Squad this weekend?

When we had the trailers before each of the other delays, bar the first delay, did they pay for TV spots or did we just have social media trailer releases? It seems to me telling that they could well be going for 30 September/8 October if they are paying for Olympic closing ceremony TV adverts and TV spots elsewhere.