Odd One Out

Comments

• R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    edited May 2021 Posts: 2,002
    Bern, Cairo and Paris - locations where Bond does some investigating.
    TSWLM OOO as not a European capital.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    edited May 2021 Posts: 4,378
    Bear pit, pyramids and Eiffel tower. All three are the main attractions of the cities, all cities are the capital of each country. OHMSS is the ooo because only the main attraction in Berne features animals, the main attraction was “improved“ to a Bear Park and the bear pits are without any importance for the plot (no action happens there).
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    Great ideas but a little simpler. Hmm ... I’m not interested in where Bond's been ...
    ... but I am interested in where someone else is
    ... someone Bond knows well
    Keep forgetting about this but I think it's been hanging long enough. If anyone wants a quick guess feel free, I'll reveal the answer tomorrow and then it's open for someone to resurrect at a future time!
    Moneypenny at the wedding and vositing the horse race while she is only at her desk in the Pyramids?
    That's pretty close to where I was going @goldenswissroyale

I'd actually the following in my mind:
    We see Lois Maxwell's Moneypenny in both her London office and a different location in each film (wedding, Ascot, Egypt office), and I chose TSWLM as OOO as she is 'in the office' in both locations, but I would have accepted other variants (e.g. AVTAK she remains in England etc)

Here is a new one:
    Whitaker
    Renard
    Franz Oberhauser/Blofeld in SP
  • Renard isn't the main villain, Elektra is, whereas the other two are in their respective films.
    Good try. Bond is part of the answer. Other villains aren't.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    edited July 2021 Posts: 2,002
    All 3 villains have accomplices who pose as allies of Bond/MI6 (Koskov, Elektra and Denbigh).
    Blofeld OOO as he and Denbigh never meet over the course of the film.
    or
    Renard OOO as his relationship with Elektra is also romantic... or alternatively, both villains die.
    Good thinking but no other villains/henchmen are part of this round.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited July 2021 Posts: 13,879
    Bond presses a button which triggers something to explode, and strike the villain. The plutonium rod and the key finder on the statue. Franz is the OOO.
    It is getting a bit warmer. I have something in mind which is seen in all three movies followed by something only happening in two of the films.
    Bond arrives to take down the villain, but ends up outnumbered, and on his knees. Whitaker is OOO
    That's not it.
    edited July 2021 Posts: 4,378
    Think about Bond's confrontations with the villains. What is Bond doing? And the villain afterwords?
    Bond vs. Whitaker
    Bond vs. Renard
    Bond vs. Franz Oberhauser/Blofeld
    Bond shoots the glass in front of them all, but Renard escapes. Renard is OOO.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Bond shoots the glass in front of them all, but Renard escapes. Renard is OOO.

That's the first part of the answer. Very good. But what happens next? It's not the escape that I have in mind.
    Oh yes, the villains trigger a countdown timer. Whitaker does not.
    That's it. Bond tries to shoot all three villains but they are protected by bullet proof glass (or at least something similar looking) and Renard and Franz are starting a countdown afterwords.
    Good job @QBranch, over to you.
    Cheers @goldenswissroyale

Interesting connection, considering Renard looks like Blofeld.

Let's try this one:

YOLT
    MR
    FYEO
    Only in FYEO and YOLT we do have the word “only“. That was an easy round :D
  • Probably way too obvious but in YOLT and FYEO, Bond doesn't kill the main villain, whereas in MR he forces Drax out of the space station so MR OOO
    edited July 2021 Posts: 13,879
    None of the above so far, folks.

YOLT
    MR
    FYEO

Clues:

In each of the three scenes, Bond is with a woman.
    In each of the three scenes, we see an item with the same function.
    In one of the scenes, we don't see the item functioning (not that it is needed).
    It should be obvious with these hints but I can't see the connection so far.
    I hope this thread will be more active again.
    @QBranch Maybe another hint?
    Whoops, I let this game go.

In two of those films, the woman uses the item with her back to Bond, yet she can see Bond.
    In the OOO, the woman has her back to the item, which is out of sight until Bond reveals it.
    Bonus clue: Paloma and Madeleine hold the same type of item in Bond's presence.
    Manuela is shaking a vodka martini. I think it has something to do with this drink or the martini glass, specifically.