Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (30th June 2023)

Comments

I feel fairly confident that the UK will be able to effectively double for other countries if they have to cut back on too much international filming because of COVID.

With modern VFX it's become incredibly easy to double locations as all you really need is to make sure the area the actors physically interact with looks convincing and then the rest can be touched up here and there.

I included some examples below from a recent drama film I recently watched called Florence Foster Jenkins, which is set in New York but was shot entirely on location in London and Liverpool.

It cost barely a seventh of what these major blockbusters do and it never once looked unconvincing as the real thing.

it7TdhK.jpg
    rLqpudQ.jpg
    WYF8lfk.jpg

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2021 Posts: 14,927
    Gosh, they're good; thanks for sharing. Manchester often doubles for NYC too (I think Captain America used it).

It seems like the scenes they're doing at the moment are set in France judging by a bit of set dressing seen in a video of the train. Hopefully they go somewhere a bit more exotic as well though: a jungle or desert or similar. I'd love to see Indy in more arctic conditions, but I guess it's the wrong time of year for that!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited June 2021 Posts: 23,265
    Ford looks great, my Grandfather was still climbing up drain pipes to climb into a window when he forgot his keys when he was in his late 70's. I am confident Ford will be fit enough for the role.
    TR007 wrote: »
    Indy’s wearing a wedding ring!

He got married in the last one.. I think I vaguely recall a fourth film with aliens and a young sidekick that was super annoying uhm I think it was called Indianna Jones and the force awakens or something like that
  • Could Boyd Holbrook be a recast Mutt?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2021 Posts: 5,869
    I wonder if Phoebe's character will be British.

Also, hadn't even realised Boyd? I wouldn't mind that, although I'd sooner have expected them to have just said Mutt was off doing something else, even though Boyd probably looks more like the child of Indy and Marion than Shia did.
    Could Boyd Holbrook be a recast Mutt?

Reckon he's too old for that and most likely Mutt will simply be mentioned - he's off doing his own thing. Being that he was played by Shia, probably in prison - lol.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

No surprise.

This is looking better and better.
    In anticipation of a title drop (which, I realize, could still be months out at this point), I've been thinking back through the various Indy draft scripts that have been penned throughout the years. One title that I keep thinking of is INDIANA JONES AND THE SHORES OF AVALON. Was this a real script at one point, or was it fan fiction that I once read and have been conflating? Does anyone know?

For the sake of thoroughness, I'll mention that the three draft scripts that I am absolutely sure of (because they are available online to be read) are:
    INDIANA JONES AND THE MONKEY KING (Chris Columbus)
    INDIANA JONES AND THE SAUCER MEN FROM MARS (Jeph Loeb)
    INDIANA JONES AND THE CITY OF THE GODS (Frank Darabont)

Are there any I'm missing? Is SHORES OF AVALON floating around out there, or perhaps it was just a title that was batted around?
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 3,166
    INDIANA JONES AND THE CITY OF THE GODS (Frank Darabont)
    If that's the one with the "city in the sky", I absolutely loved it! But I think they used part of it in KOTCS, the jungle chase, IIRC,
    So great to see Ford dressed as the Indy character! <:-P \m/ \:D/ :-bd

Out of curiosity? Is this set after KOTCS? Only asking as i thought with Russian involvement last time around, i was surprised to see Nazi Germany back? Or is this gonna be a potential throw back to the unknown plot?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Indiana Jones and the Empire of Evil is one I saw touted over on Reddit yesterday, but could just be made up.
    META title: Indiana Jones and the Search for a Worthwhile Script
    This will be the 60's. I'd say something regarding the space race and the russians as the "evil empire" (quote: Reagan) I also see him going to Berlin to look for a lost artifact hidden by nazis during the war. The wall is built early 60's so something about this, too.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Indiana Jones and the Empire of Evil is one I saw touted over on Reddit yesterday, but could just be made up.

It came from a random youtube comment. Very likely fake.
    Indiana Jones challenged by the Berlin Wall and the border control of that time could yield a tense, suspenseful sequence in a movie. I'm not saying he'll need a giant boulder to smash the wall so he can out on the westward part of the venture, but I do think he'd best watch out for some nefarious character just waiting for Indy to do the dangerous part and scooping the prize from Dr. Jones once Indy thinks he's made it to safety.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2021 Posts: 14,927
    Mr_Beach wrote: »

It came from a random youtube comment. Very likely fake.

Yes those titles feel a bit suspect to me (one of them is even a riff on Last Crusade); and someone added a plot synopsis which appears to contain a few too many plot rumours and stress on elements we've seen in the few days filming to feel anything but a bit fishy.
    Since62 wrote: »
    Indiana Jones challenged by the Berlin Wall and the border control of that time could yield a tense, suspenseful sequence in a movie. I'm not saying he'll need a giant boulder to smash the wall so he can out on the westward part of the venture, but I do think he'd best watch out for some nefarious character just waiting for Indy to do the dangerous part and scooping the prize from Dr. Jones once Indy thinks he's made it to safety.

That's a fun idea!

In other news, Harrison has been out for a bike ride today in North Shields :D
    hhbfoykho2471.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just imagine stopping for a drink or some food and seeing Harrison Ford casually riding his bike down the road. What an experience.
    I wonder how big Boyd Holbrook's role will be if he has to pull double duty with filming on the Netflix adaptation of the Sandman (also shooting in the UK)?

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Just imagine stopping for a drink or some food and seeing Harrison Ford casually riding his bike down the road. What an experience.

Especially in Yorkshire! :D
    Raiders Of Indiana Jones.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2021 Posts: 5,869
    The Last Crusade of The Raiders of The Kingdom of The Temple of The Lost Ark of The Crystal Skull Of Doom
    No need to type all that out ! We use initials here, and who on this site would NOT know that TLCOTROTKOTTOTLAOTCSOD stands for The Last Crusade...Doom ?

No surprise.

This is looking better and better.
    It actually is pretty surprising seeing as how Karen Allen hasn’t been announced as returning yet. This is a pretty solid sign that she may appear.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Even if she has passed on I can see him still wearing the ring.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Even if she has passed on I can see him still wearing the ring.

Yeah, it’s great!

Are there any I'm missing? Is SHORES OF AVALON floating around out there, or perhaps it was just a title that was batted around?

The Shores of Avalon was a title I came up with for some Indy 4 fan art back in 2007. I don't know if anyone else came up with it as a suggestion for a new title or for their own fan fiction but it's certainly possible.

Here's the poster I did. I will certainly make some Indy 5 posters in the very near future.

11.+Shores+of+Avalon.JPG

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Its amazing physique wise how little ford has changed in 30+ years.
    Gobi-1 wrote: »

The Shores of Avalon was a title I came up with for some Indy 4 fan art back in 2007. I don't know if anyone else came up with it as a suggestion for a new title or for their own fan fiction but it's certainly possible.

Here's the poster I did. I will certainly make some Indy 5 posters in the very near future.

11.+Shores+of+Avalon.JPG

This is great! I'm looking forward to more of your posters in the future as we get closer to the release date.
    Has anyone given any thought to what the "creepy crawly" scene could possibly be in Indy 5? So far we've had snakes, a barrage of bugs, rats, and fire ants. What's left? Perhaps hornets/wasps? Or maybe scorpions?