No Time to Die production thread

Comments

talos7 wrote: »
    More and more, the use of drones will allow for long , continuous shots.

Yes. But as of now only for shots, that don't need original on-set-sound like dialogue scenes. Unless they invent a drone, that doesn't make any noise.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited May 2021 Posts: 2,056
    Does anyone know how much of NTTD was shot/will be shown in IMAX 15/70mm?

I get the impression that if I want to see the proper IMAX version, the science museum in London is the best bet as that has recently had a 1:43:1 laser projector installed. Originally in April 2020, the BFI was not going to show a 15/70mm print, which was a huge shame.
  • fadetoblack7fadetoblack7 Chicago IL
    I’d like to see the long shot start on the Atlantic Road and go into the forest. That would be amazing!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Didn't we see Fukunaga trying out drone footage in Norway? Back when they were location scouting.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Short interview with Craig and Fukunaga and new still from Matera, ft. in latest Empire mag. Issue drops may 13, with focus on Tom Cruise/MI.

VY1KC5b.jpg

Save until we get a hi-res version:

dnmZNaE.jpg

Old still, slightly diff angle:

wVIs5G3.jpg
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Didn't we see Fukunaga trying out drone footage in Norway? Back when they were location scouting.

Don't think it was location scouting in Norway, just a motorbike hike somewhere else

The Aston photo reminds me how much I appreciate them giving it to Bond and how it harks back to the books in which his own personal Bentley is a classic car from another era.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    jake24 wrote: »
    I think we will definitely get an action-oriented long tracking shot in NTTD. My guess is the forest chase in Norway but it could be any of the action sequences.

Yeah that was my guess too, it looks like that's going to a really suspense filled sequence. Hopefully one of many highlights in this film
    @Contraband good find thanks mate
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    delfloria wrote: »
    I was disappointed in the SPECTRE long take because of the CGI stitching. The only ones that count are the ones that are one continuous take with no cuts. Yes, it would be awesome if NTTD had one.

I'm not sure there is such a thing. Hitchcock did this with Rope; the entire film looks like it is one take, but it isn't. He has "wipes" in that film, as does Inarritu on Birdman.

Mendes' work on SP led to the "continuous shot" approach on 1917. Again, there are "wipes" throughout that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Ark

Yeah, I think I remember reading about this way back when. But notice that the entire piece is on one set (which Hitchcock did have at his disposal). That is completely different from going inside and outside, and moving into and through different set pieces (1917, for example).
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Edward Norton joins knives out 2
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Mallory wrote: »

I get the impression that if I want to see the proper IMAX version, the science museum in London is the best bet as that has recently had a 1:43:1 laser projector installed. Originally in April 2020, the BFI was not going to show a 15/70mm print, which was a huge shame.

I recall someone knowledgeable mentioning that only the pre-credits were shot in IMAX. Both the Norway and Matera locales.
    edited May 2021 Posts: 3,018
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Contraband wrote: »

Save until we get a hi-res version:

dnmZNaE.jpg

Old still, slightly diff angle:

wVIs5G3.jpg

Fascinating how they managed to erase the shade and the car in the background.
    Still worried about the brownish hue - sends out (all the wrong) Spectre pre-title vibes.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    The car is still there, and the shade moved with the sun.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited May 2021 Posts: 14,956
    Those two shots have been taken at different times/positions: the sun is at a different point in the sky- you can see the man’s shadow on the ground but also all the shadows on the car, plus the wheel is turned in one and not the other.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Ah, all right. Did not see that. Thanks!
    Does anyone have a clean copy of this photo from the Skyfall-bar in Turkey? As you can see there's a stupid insta adress added on Wilson's arm

ySn4cn6.png
    Have we heard any more news on the Being James Bond Documentary?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Ah, all right. Did not see that. Thanks!

It's possible that they were shooting coverage - close ups, interiors in the car etc. That would account for the different light levels outside and likely wouldn't impact what was being shot at the time. They could easily match that stuff, lighting wise.

Just a theory. :)
  • edited May 2021 Posts: 3,164
    Mallory wrote: »

30 minutes. And yes, that is correct.
    I recall someone knowledgeable mentioning that only the pre-credits were shot in IMAX. Both the Norway and Matera locales.

Pre-credits are all in IMAX, plus the Cuba/SPECTRE meeting set piece, and seems parts of the third act (Norway Land Rover/Toyota chase and parts of Bond and Nomi in Safin's lair)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I wonder if the credits will be in IMAX format?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I have to say there are a lot of conclusions as to how NTTD will pan out story and character wise from some members.
    Why not wait till we've seen the finished film, before we cast our judgments.
    Reminds me of the we should boycott CR campaign that, well didn't amount to much. I can't comment on a film that I have yet too see.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    This is my theory of how things will play out in the PTS. All of scenes have been shown in either the trailers or music video
    1. Gunbarrel
    2. Opening in Norway on frozen lake.
    Madeline is trapped underwater and cuts to her in the the water with Bond being there (as seen in the music video.
    3. Bond and Madeline having a nice drive in Matera, the procession scene, love making etc.
    4. Bond awakes and heads for the grave, which then explodes.
    5. Chase scene with motorcycle and Bridge escape..
    6. Return to hotel. "The past isn't dead."
    7. DB5 to the train station, which then is ambushed. The whole donuts with the machine guns firing
    8. Bond and Madeline part ways.
    This is my theory of how things will play out in the PTS. All of scenes have been shown in either the trailers or music video
    1. Gunbarrel
    2. Opening in Norway on frozen lake.
    Madeline is trapped underwater and cuts to her in the the water with Bond being there (as seen in the music video.
    3. Bond and Madeline having a nice drive in Matera, the procession scene, love making etc.
    4. Bond awakes and heads for the grave, which then explodes.
    5. Chase scene with motorcycle and Bridge escape..
    6. Return to hotel. "The past isn't dead."
    7. DB5 to the train station, which then is ambushed. The whole donuts with the machine guns firing
    8. Bond and Madeline part ways.

Pretty safe bet I reckon
    Sounds like the plot for a whole film!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    patb wrote: »

And that's only the first
    20-25 minutes with the rumored longest PTS in the franchise. Which I get, but it may be odd to see these huge action and set pieces and then the depressing, yet good theme song.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited May 2021 Posts: 5,869

20-25 minutes with the rumored longest PTS in the franchise. Which I get, but it may be odd to see these huge action and set pieces and then the depressing, yet good theme song.
    I think...
    ...it's a good way to kind of breathe before we go into setting up the present-day story with Jamaica, the kidnapping, and MI6 - seeing as we'll be getting two intense sequences to kick us off. Also helps breaks up the time jump, as we'll already be doing one between Norway and Matera.
    Denbigh wrote: »

I think...
    ...it's a good way to kind of breathe before we go into setting up the present-day story with Jamaica, the kidnapping, and MI6 - seeing as we'll be getting two intense sequences to kick us off. Also helps breaks up the time jump, as we'll already be doing one between Norway and Matera.

Agreed. I think it'll be the only time where the length will work.
    It will follow the trend of the last two Bond movies - having the best action setpiece in the PTS! Better not be late for the show!
    Zekidk wrote: »
    It will follow the trend of the last two Bond movies - having the best action setpiece in the PTS! Better not be late for the show!

I think there will be better ones. Cuba and the forest scenes look pretty epic.