The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    @Mathis1 Agree with all of that I find them Charming
    @Mathis1 Agree with all of that I find them Charming

And great casts too, Lionel Jeffries, Ron Moody, James Bolam, James Robertson Justice to name a few!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    836x1200.jpg
    The Edge Of Love (2008) € 1,00

No Dutch Bluray exist, but the movie include DTS.
    The Invasion. 2007 Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman Fourth re-make or
    new twist on the original Invasion of the body snatchers. Not my favourite
    I actually prefer the 1978 version with Donald Sutherland but I do love an
    Alien conspiracy film.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Alien conspiracy film.

I bought The Invasion on DVD when it was first released I am a big fan of the Sutherland Version I have it on Arrow Bluray and also love the original Don Siegal film.

I must confess I have only ever watched the Daniel Craig remake once, I don't remember much about the film.

I recall there being a 90's remake of The Invasion of the Body Snatchers also, though that was very much straight to DVD bottom of the bargain bin.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Alien conspiracy film.

I bought The Invasion on DVD when it was first released I am a big fan of the Sutherland Version I have it on Arrow Bluray and also love the original Don Siegal film.

I must confess I have only ever watched the Daniel Craig remake once, I don't remember much about the film.

I recall there being a 90's remake of The Invasion of the Body Snatchers also, though that was very much straight to DVD bottom of the bargain bin.

I just bought the original THE INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS myself (the only version I really like), along with Pixar s SOUL, which was a blind buy.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Alien conspiracy film.

I just bought the original THE INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS myself (the only version I really like), along with Pixar s SOUL, which was a blind buy.

I have many of the 50 and 60's classic Sci fi films, they really caught the sense of paranoia or impending doom that's not often replicated in later decades.

SOUL was good, think I mentioned it to you on another thread the film was a pleasant surprise.
    Alien conspiracy film.

I have many of the 50 and 60's classic Sci fi films, they really caught the sense of paranoia or impending doom that's not often replicated in later decades.

SOUL was good, think I mentioned it to you on another thread the film was a pleasant surprise.

So you did, and I find that Pixar is usually good with a few exceptions (Brave, The Incredibles 2, Onwards). Some are even great.
    edited April 2021 Posts: 23,104
    8955cf54-1796-4d0c-a027-881181a759d5.jpg
    4K Digital Download

The 4K disk is not available in the UK until late May, I will likely get the Steelbook version.
    550x778.jpg
    The Little Mermaid (1989) - 2 Disc DVD with sleeve € 1,75
    550x691.jpg
    ParaNorman (2012) - 2 Disc 3D release (BD with 3D/2D version of the movie + DVD) with sleeve € 3,00.
    The original Invasion of the Body Snatchers will always be my favourite version of the story. Very sad that it's one of the many films that still hasn't had a blu ray release ( in the UK at least). Kaufman's '78 version is pretty good too.
  • edited April 2021 Posts: 15,785
    Been on a Gene Tierney fixation lately, so I ought these..................

s-l640.jpg

LEFT_HAND_OF_GOD-SM_grande.jpg?v=1532443595

s-l640.jpg

43eadf8c-0c8d-482a-946b-01e9309a77c7_1.97411ccebd0dd031ffa18981c57ddc3b.jpeg?odnWidth=612&odnHeight=612&odnBg=ffffff

91cT6YZMMEL._RI_.jpg
    4K digital download was cheap in Star Wars Sale on Amazon Prime.
    Sahara HD Digital download from Amazon Prime for only £2.99, not a
    brilliant film but well worth £3 ;)
    R2096db6a0a36ea5611c035334e98aa79?rik=sP9R0UKyXTjc1w&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.videocollector.co.uk%2fdata%2fimages%2fdead-men-dont-wear-plaid-47975l.jpg&ehk=mA0zvl%2fWXR5IhPtoNwg7yANtuvMaFw%2bdn2kLN8KO0jU%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw
    (Carl Reiner, 1982)

Seen it two or three times, but it s been a while. As far as I can remember, it was brilliant.
    R2096db6a0a36ea5611c035334e98aa79?rik=sP9R0UKyXTjc1w&riu=http%3a%2f%2fwww.videocollector.co.uk%2fdata%2fimages%2fdead-men-dont-wear-plaid-47975l.jpg&ehk=mA0zvl%2fWXR5IhPtoNwg7yANtuvMaFw%2bdn2kLN8KO0jU%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw
    (Carl Reiner, 1982)

Seen it two or three times, but it s been a while. As far as I can remember, it was brilliant.

Great movie one of my all time favourite comedies, the way classic Noir films are interwoven is genius.
    (Carl Reiner, 1982)

Great movie one of my all time favourite comedies, the way classic Noir films are interwoven is genius.

Yes, it feels as a homage as much as a parody.
    L-Amour-chante-et-danse.jpg

Or, to give it its original title, Holiday Inn. Now to take the time to watch it.

flesh_gordon_br.0.jpg?v=1615921542

Sometimes, I like a good Rule 34.
    550x704.jpg
    Tomb Raider (2018) - 2 Disc 3D release (3D + 2D) with sleeve. € 10,00 (NEW)
    Picked up the 4k version of Batman: The Dark Knight from Google movies. That now
    completes my Nolan Batman 4k trilogy
    Picked up the 4k version of Batman: The Dark Knight from Google movies. That now
    completes my Nolan Batman 4k trilogy

The IMAX sequences look amazing, I bought the 4K Boxset...

5b7226d4-908a-49de-b55d-15896c1e8f8e.jpg

Though I much prefer the Blu-ray boxset design that I bought years ago...

maxresdefault.jpg

That's on my to get list too :))
    Flash-Gordon-40th-anniversary-4k-uhd.jpg
    4K Amazing restoration.
    flash_gordon_2010_bluray_26.png
    flash_gordon_2010_bluray_28.png
    flash_gordon_2010_bluray_36.png
    flash_gordon_2010_bluray_05.png
    Here are some recent purchases for me.....some I'm still awaiting their arrival in the mail.....
    91oQBBO--fL._SL1500_.jpg

The-Razors-Edge-DVD-2005-Tyrone-Power-Gene.jpg

915pIoEbrPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    Sahara HD Digital download from Amazon Prime for only £2.99, not a
    brilliant film but well worth £3 ;)
    The Matthew McConaughey film or the Humphrey Bogart one?
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Here are some recent purchases for me.....some I'm still awaiting their arrival in the mail.....
    The-Razors-Edge-DVD-2005-Tyrone-Power-Gene.jpg
    I remember seeing this once or twice several years ago, a classic. Tyrone Power was a good actor--I liked him in The Mark of Zorro too. The first I knew about The Razor's Edge was watching the Bill Murray version, which came out shortly after I began to explore spirituality, and good later to see the original--I should rent it again.
    Matthew McConaughey @Thrasos
  • edited May 2021 Posts: 1,469
    @Thunderpussy Yes, I enjoy that one a lot! Just a fun ride. A good actioner with treasure hunting, Penelope Cruz, chummy dialogue, and some good songs in it.
    @Thrasos I don't know if you've read the book but they left so much out.
    I heard...but no I haven't read the book. That's often the way it is with me. Same with Master and Commander...love the film but haven't read the books.