Scale modelling thread

Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
I've posted a few of the model cars and planes I built in 2020, when lockdown led me to rediscover this hobby. Thought I'd make a thread to keep them all together, and for anyone else who's into this sort of thing to jump in too!

First up, here's a pic for @Revelator, who said the Bentley needed a driver. I spent some time poring over 3D printing catalogues for a figure that could pass as Bond.

Ep_7IN0XAAEtC84.jpg

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    And just to prove it's not all Bond, a Swedish Air Force Saab Tunnan (Flying Barrel).

EnNl4AeXEAQ5V_q.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Great thread idea! Amazing work, @Agent_99. You should post your other pics from the other thread here too. I have heaps of those little paint tins for the props, but no scale models built just yet. Love the old Bentley - I had one of those as a kid, but it was a diecast model, maybe Matchbox or Majorette in racing green with the flag on the sides.

Well done with the decals too. The figure looks like Brosnan! How long did it take to make these?
    Superb! He looks very proud of his blower. If you have a pen with a very thin tip you might consider drawing a comma above his right eyebrow.
    Must admit over lockdown (and since having kids) I’ve done a little model making. It’s an extremely therapeutic way to pass time.

I like what you have done here. 👍🏻
    There is a guy on YouTube called Luke towan who is just incredible. Well worth a watch.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited January 2021 Posts: 2,342
    I made one like this many years ago. 1:12 tamiya 312t
    image-435.jpeg
    And 2 db5 massive 1:8 eaglemoss like this one
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Thank you all for the interest and kind comments!
    QBranch wrote: »
    Well done with the decals too. The figure looks like Brosnan! How long did it take to make these?

I'll usually be on one project for a couple of months, most of that spent waiting for paint to dry! I could be more organised and do it quicker, but then I'd run out of space :)
    Revelator wrote: »
    Superb! He looks very proud of his blower. If you have a pen with a very thin tip you might consider drawing a comma above his right eyebrow.

Ooh, yes. There's always improvement to be made!
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Must admit over lockdown (and since having kids) I’ve done a little model making. It’s an extremely therapeutic way to pass time.

I like what you have done here. 👍🏻

It's done a lot for my stress levels, and kept me from following up a day of staring at computer screens with an evening of the same.
    And 2 db5 massive 1:8 eaglemoss like this one

1:8, wow! I tend to go small as it's more forgiving of mistakes.
    We got snow today, so I did a quick shoot with the (not quite finished) Eurocopter Tiger.

Esft5MfXUAEYlhL.jpg

Esft5MhXYAAqp72.jpg
    @Agent_99 Very cool. Makes me want to light a papirosa with my Zippo.

519342b24fb8cd605c96719fcc583eef-james-bond-fame.jpg
    edited January 2021 Posts: 3,099

I thought of doing a shot with the neighbour's satellite dish visible, but I couldn't quite fit it in!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair

Agent_99 wrote: »

I thought of doing a shot with the neighbour's satellite dish visible, but I couldn't quite fit it in!

That would have been very if you did! :-bd :))
  • RogueAgent wrote: »

Working a satellite dish into the frame would have been perfect, but those are two very cool shots of the Tiger nevertheless!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Working a satellite dish into the frame would have been perfect, but those are two very cool shots of the Tiger nevertheless!

Thank you!

@Thunderpussy, I'm working on the Moonraker shuttle right now - sprayed some parts yesterday. The DAF car is a strange choice for them to produce, but it does look very good in that photo.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    You certainly have an inspired eye for detail, @Agent_99. Keep up the good work! :)
    Thank you, @Dragonpol! Appreciate that, as I've spent 2 days struggling with a recalcitrant Eurocopter decal :)
    Thank you, @Dragonpol! Appreciate that, as I've spent 2 days struggling with a recalcitrant Eurocopter decal :)

That sounds like a sticky situation to be in! All best wishes with completing that, @Agent_99!
    I've posted this model before, but I made a little backdrop for it with foamboard and a photo I took at Stonor Park (with an anachronistic car photoshopped out):

928915-72075-58-1440.jpg
  • Nicely done! I like that it has a green lawn to rest on, and that's even cooler that you took the picture yourself.
    Finished my most complex build so far: US Coast Guard Aerospatiale Dolphin/Dauphin as seen in LTK. (Insert "Tim's chopper" joke here.)

Some in-progress pics at https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=72075&p=albums&album=67300

931350-72075-64-1440.jpg

931353-72075-66-1440.jpg

931352-72075-80-1440.jpg

931354-72075-25-1440.jpg
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    I've posted this model before, but I made a little backdrop for it with foamboard and a photo I took at Stonor Park (with an anachronistic car photoshopped out):

928915-72075-58-1440.jpg

Very cool. =D>
    Finished my most complex build so far: US Coast Guard Aerospatiale Dolphin/Dauphin as seen in LTK. (Insert "Tim's chopper" joke here.)

Splendid! You realize that if you make a few more of these models you'll have to open a miniature Bond theme park, don't you?

Maybe! I don't think I'll be applying for a job with EON's special effects department just yet, though.
    edited February 2021 Posts: 13,879
    Nicely done! I like that it has a green lawn to rest on, and that's even cooler that you took the picture yourself.
    My thoughts exactly. :)>-
    This one's been sitting around for a while, awaiting a couple of custom decals and a base. GoldenEye Eurocopter Tiger prototype, coming in to land at Severnaya:

936243-72075-80-pristine.jpg

936241-72075-23-pristine.jpg

936242-72075-80-pristine.jpg

936244-72075-83-pristine.jpg
    Very nice! I bet it's shielded against EMP blasts too.

The crashing MiGs are just out of shot.

The crashing MiGs are just out of shot.

They were late. ;)
    Behold my 10" Moonraker, as I'm sure Roger Moore said on at least one occasion!

960090-72075-95-1440.jpg

960092-72075-50-1440.jpg

960099-72075-54-1440.jpg

960100-72075-71-1440.jpg

1:200 model kit by AMT, purchased from the 007 Store. Special thanks to @QBranch for supplying the DraxCorp logo I used on the base!
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Very nice @Agent_99!

As a self-identifying “Shuttle Hugger”, I approve.
    ^:)^