No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I’m honestly surprised they haven’t announced it yet.

Me too. It’s like we all know it’s coming, but we’re still waiting to get a definitive announcement and above all, a new date to focus on. A new date to put in your diaries and to plan around. It’s just not knowing the date, not having perspective, that’s the most annoying thing to me.
    They’ve dropped the news on Friday evening a few times now, so perhaps tomorrow?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I guess there's no huge rush to announce it; in fact it's probably best to leave it until the last possible minute so they can be as sure about the new date as they possibly can be.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited January 2021 Posts: 8,009
  • Could be worse
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Glad they've finally announced it. Roughly eight and a half months to go now. Please don't let this movie be trash.
  • Hmmph. 😒
    Oh well, at least we now know for sure. Of course, there's no guarantee that it won't be delayed again later.
  • Oct 8.. For now!
  • I've become so numb to this news. Honestly, not expecting it until 2022 at best.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Glad they've finally announced it. Roughly eight and a half months to go now. Please don't let this movie be trash.

That's the only worry for me, now. I have no problem with the wait. But, it will undoubtedly sting if it is not very good at the end of it all.
    DELAYED AGAIN!!!!!!!!! SMH. This movie is never going to come out. Just release on a streaming service. FFS EON you lost this battle. Give the fans what they want.
  • dune is releasing on October 1st...
    That date is not gonna hold. Not falling for it this time. Way too much competition.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Interestingly, October 5th is (Formerly Global) James Bond Day. So (provided it’s possible by then), I’m willing to bet that we’ll get the Royal Premiere with cast, crew and crowned heads strutting on the red carpet on that very day.

As I said above, I was ready for an announcement, glad we have a date now.
  • dune is releasing on October 1st...

Dune is gonna bomb tho
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That's earlier than I expected. I guess Glastonbury announcing they were cancelling takes the heat off a bit but I'm surprised they didn't knock it back a bit more.
    km16 wrote: »
    That date is not gonna hold. Not falling for it this time. Way too much competition.

Which films should we be worried about? The only ones I see are Dune and Halloween, and I think Dune is slightly handicapped by its simultaneous debut on HBOMax.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 3,164

Which films should we be worried about? The only ones I see are Dune and Halloween, and I think Dune is slightly handicapped by its simultaneous debut on HBOMax.

Dune is very likely to be a traditional release again, FYI..competing for IMAX will be a factor
    antovolk wrote: »

Dune is very likely to be a traditional release again, FYI..competing for IMAX will be a factor

Are they using Godzilla vs Kong as a sacrificial lamb with regards to HBO Max, then?
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 187

Dune in IMAX, Halloween which has suddenly become popular again, M:I if it holds, and flicks like F9 and Black Widow depending when they move. All will eat away at its box office potential after opening weekend. And for a flick thats spent so much already, not exactly a positive outcome.
  • Interestingly, October 5th is (Formerly Global) James Bond Day. So (provided it’s possible by then), I’m willing to bet that we’ll get the Royal Premiere with cast, crew and crowned heads strutting on the red carpet on that very day.

I'm leaning towards no premiere events this year, unless everyone is wearing masks.
    edited January 2021 Posts: 8,009

Dune in IMAX, Halloween which has suddenly become popular again, M:I if it holds, and flicks like F9 and Black Widow depending when they move. All will eat away at its box office potential after opening weekend. And for a flick thats spent so much already, not exactly a positive outcome.

M:I is five weeks away, if it holds - that was why people were so worried about a potential shift to November. Halloween has become popular again, for sure. But not popular enough that I would worry about it eating into Bond's gross.

Yes, depending on when they move. Which they likely will with other films in mind. Neither will want to be too close to each other and any other film, including Bond.
  • QsCatQsCat London
    Interestingly, October 5th is (Formerly Global) James Bond Day. So (provided it’s possible by then), I’m willing to bet that we’ll get the Royal Premiere with cast, crew and crowned heads strutting on the red carpet on that very day.

I'm leaning towards no premiere events this year, unless everyone is wearing masks.

I just really bloody hope it won't be necessary to wear a mask while watching the film...

• Mark my words, unless things improve very quickly over the next few months, it'll move again.

Probably not as big a move as before though. Possibly to December, or maybe February.
    M:I is five weeks away, if it holds - that was why people were so worried about a potential shift to November. Halloween has become popular again, for sure. But not popular enough that I would worry about it eating into Bond's gross.

I'm not sure why people are so concerned about these two movies potentially going head to head anyway.

Even if we leave out the fact that NTTD is a finished movie and MI still has months of filming left and the fact that the schedule is still very unstable, Bond is still a bigger franchise than MI:7.

If for some reason NTTD was moved to a competing release date, MI:7 would be more likely vacate it than Bond.
  • fadetoblack7fadetoblack7 Chicago IL
    QsCat wrote: »

I just really bloody hope it won't be necessary to wear a mask while watching the film...

If that’s all we have to worry about, I don’t care hahaha
    This makes a lot of sense. Why release it in April when they can delay it half a year and release it when life is back to normal? This feels like the final delay.
    Hang that bitch Barbara Broccoli by her thumbs. October? Release it to Hulu NOW, EON. We tire of waiting.

tenor.gif
  • BondLLCLawyerBondLLCLawyer Here and there mate- owning an LLC takes you there and back.
    FIRE Barbara Broccoli. NOW!
  • BondLLCLawyerBondLLCLawyer Here and there mate- owning an LLC takes you there and back.
    GRRRRAAAAAAAGGHHHH!!!!! This is so frustrating! We need more Bond and we need it now more than ever! Ay yi yi yi yi. We just need better leader ship at EON.
  • FIRE Barbara Broccoli. NOW!

Breaking news : Donald Trump permanently banned from MI6 forum.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    ☹️

I was OK with the move from April 2020 to November 2020. And I was OK with the move from November 2020 to April 2021. But this one is tough. I have to admit.