No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    TripAces wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Zavi record store just sent me an email saying they had delayed sending me the No Time To Die Vinyl until November 30th 2021 so my guess is that the film has now been pushed to last week in November 2021

Oh wow that is a bit of a clue! Unless the record company have guessed at it I'm surprised they haven't announced it first.

Except that vinyl is sometimes released much later than digital release. So...

This one was scheduled to be released six days after the standard release, so...
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited January 20 Posts: 4,149
    Zavi record store just sent me an email saying they had delayed sending me the No Time To Die Vinyl until November 30th 2021 so my guess is that the film has now been pushed to last week in November 2021

Oh wow that is a bit of a clue! Unless the record company have guessed at it I'm surprised they haven't announced it first.

This one was scheduled to be released six days after the standard release, so...

Interesting. I never saw an official release date for the vinyl at all. At the moment, the CD is showing an April 2 release with no release date for vinyl. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places.

Edit: Not at all available through the 007 story or Amazon. But Decca's website does show it. This is curious in itself: why would neither Amazon nor the 007 official store carry it?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Interesting. I never saw an official release date for the vinyl at all. At the moment, the CD is showing an April 2 release with no release date for vinyl. Maybe I am looking in the wrong places.

27th March: https://www.007.com/no-time-to-die-soundtrack/
    Search for the vinyl and it’s listed as 2nd April.

27th March: https://www.007.com/no-time-to-die-soundtrack/
    Search for the vinyl and it’s listed as 2nd April.

Thanks!
    @jetsetwilly I simply reiterated what scientists and public health professionals are saying. And you are saying I am either a troll or insane? Wow! Anyway, back on topic...

@Mendes4Lyfe No, they are not holding out for 2022. The movie will probably get delayed again, if they are brave, then to summer, if they are more cautious, then to the usual autumn release date.
  • QsCatQsCat London

Living up to your name there, Provocateur. I hope this doesn't mean a delay but it looks like it...
    I had to reorder Taschens 'The James Bond Archives' NTTD edition, after they postponed it from last year. It says it will be available in April!
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    I had to reorder Taschens 'The James Bond Archives' NTTD edition, after they postponed it from last year. It says it will be available in April!

As the writer of the book has confirmed that there are spoilers for NTTD in there, you can bet it will get pushed back a second time. They just haven't gotten a new date from MGM yet.
    Forgive me if I upset anyone with this, but the chances of NTTD releasing in April are slim to nil.

As the writer of the book has confirmed that there are spoilers for NTTD in there, you can bet it will get pushed back a second time. They just haven't gotten a new date from MGM yet.
    Forgive me if I upset anyone with this, but the chances of NTTD releasing in April are slim to nil.

Oh, I agree. Am expecting them to cancel again.
    Definitely dont think we are going to see NTTD until end of the year! And thats probably optimistic!

I don't think anyone is upset by this: you are right. It seems unrealistic. I am just holding out hope that it won't be moved all the way back to November. My fingers are crossed for mid-summer.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    IMDb Pro has updated the release date of NTTD to November 2021.

IMDb still lists the release date as April 2021.
    Ye it is probably delayed again
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’m honestly surprised they haven’t announced it yet.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    I think it's gonna happen and have thought so for a while now.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    00Heaven wrote: »
    I think it's gonna happen and have thought so for a while now.

I think you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone who doesn't!
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I’m honestly surprised they haven’t announced it yet.

Me too. It’s like we all know it’s coming, but we’re still waiting to get a definitive announcement and above all, a new date to focus on. A new date to put in your diaries and to plan around. It’s just not knowing the date, not having perspective, that’s the most annoying thing to me.
    They’ve dropped the news on Friday evening a few times now, so perhaps tomorrow?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I guess there's no huge rush to announce it; in fact it's probably best to leave it until the last possible minute so they can be as sure about the new date as they possibly can be.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited January 22 Posts: 6,353
  • Could be worse
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Glad they've finally announced it. Roughly eight and a half months to go now. Please don't let this movie be trash.
  • Hmmph. 😒
    Oh well, at least we now know for sure. Of course, there's no guarantee that it won't be delayed again later.
  • Oct 8.. For now!
    I've become so numb to this news. Honestly, not expecting it until 2022 at best.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Glad they've finally announced it. Roughly eight and a half months to go now. Please don't let this movie be trash.

That's the only worry for me, now. I have no problem with the wait. But, it will undoubtedly sting if it is not very good at the end of it all.
    DELAYED AGAIN!!!!!!!!! SMH. This movie is never going to come out. Just release on a streaming service. FFS EON you lost this battle. Give the fans what they want.
  • dune is releasing on October 1st...
    That date is not gonna hold. Not falling for it this time. Way too much competition.
    Interestingly, October 5th is (Formerly Global) James Bond Day. So (provided it’s possible by then), I’m willing to bet that we’ll get the Royal Premiere with cast, crew and crowned heads strutting on the red carpet on that very day.

As I said above, I was ready for an announcement, glad we have a date now.
  • dune is releasing on October 1st...

Dune is gonna bomb tho
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That's earlier than I expected. I guess Glastonbury announcing they were cancelling takes the heat off a bit but I'm surprised they didn't knock it back a bit more.