R.I.P. A Final Farewell To Members Of The James Bond Family

Comments

2020 was bad, 2021 is just weird.
  • This is an odd turn of events. But for her sake I hope she can pull through..
  • BibiBibi Washington
    Hopefully she pulls though.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 6,682
    She was my first "Bond girl crush," as AVTAK was the first Bond film I saw, back when I was seven. When I used to act out my own 007 adventures in my back yard, "Stacy Sutton" was always my imaginary female companion.
    I love this story. When I was a kid, I used to play "Bond film" as well. I had a hula hoop that I used for the gunbarrel. The bad guy was usually an evil industrialist.

She gave that character a heart that wasn't necessarily there on the page, and she still remains the most "normal" of all Bond women, the only one in the whole series (in my opinion) who seems like you could actually meet and date in real life.
    I agree with this. Stacey is a very warm, down-to-earth character. And the character works well with Roger's Bond.

I hope Tanya Roberts recovers from her condition.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    Not even a full week into the new year and it’s already getting weird.
  • Man, her boyfriend looks like some hobo. Surely Tanya could have done better than this guy. I mean I don’t know anything about him but going by appearances alone... YIKES!!
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Anyone remember the ending to LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN? I’m just saying, somebody should check into Sir Sean’s resting place...
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Hoping for her full recovery.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited January 2021 Posts: 23,449
    Wait what? Wow, what a sinister story. In any case, I hope she'll recover.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited January 2021 Posts: 7,969
    Yeah, don't know how a woman like Tanya ended up with someone like that...

Get well soon.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    A bizarre turn of events. :-?
    I think the boyfriend maybe in line for a Golden Raspberry given his performance in that video.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    patb wrote: »
    I think the boyfriend maybe in line for a Golden Raspberry given his performance in that video.

Ha! :))
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 644
    He looks like some sweaty guy who works the burger grill. Still don’t know how he ended up with Tanya. Sheesh!!

He looks like the guy who doesn’t think he’ll ever get any girl, period. But then somehow ends up with a Bond girl. Like something that only happens in a dream. And then of course you wake up. LOL!
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    patb wrote: »

I thought that!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited January 2021 Posts: 17,728
    Sadly it seems that Tanya Roberts died for real last night, aged 65. The source is TMZ again so make of that what you will:

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/05/tanya-roberts-dead-dies-65-bond-girl-70s-show-premature-announcement/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yes, seems she has definitively died as of last night. Terrible rollercoaster with an awful ending. RIP Tanya.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Yes, seems she has definitively died as of last night. Terrible rollercoaster with an awful ending. RIP Tanya.

Yes, it was a real up and down ending. Her Wikipedia page hasn't been updated yet but I suppose it's only a matter of time. We were told she was still very ill and that her condition was described as "dire" so it didn't look that great for her.

It's sad to have the hope that she might recover snatched away so quickly again.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Yes, it was a real up and down ending. Her Wikipedia page hasn't been updated yet but I suppose it's only a matter of time. We were told she was still very ill and that her condition was described as "dire" so it didn't look that great for her.

It's sad to have the hope that she might recover snatched away so quickly again.

That was my thought last night - even if he was mistaken, her condition didn't sound like it was going to get much better. So awful.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

That was my thought last night - even if he was mistaken, her condition didn't sound like it was going to get much better. So awful.

Yes, there wasn't much room for rejoicing as she still sounded very ill and on the brink of death. It was of course a big surprise and relief to hear she was still alive though. There was still a glimmer of hope that she might eventually pull through. Unfortunately that too has been dashed now.
    Shame rest in peace I might watch A View to a kill soon in honor of her
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Wine with Stacey never sounded so sad.

Rest in peace, Tanya :(
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    So Sad, especially for her friends and family.

She is also, the first major "Bond Girl" of the Moore era to pass away.
    RIP. Ms. Roberts.....and thanks.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited January 2021 Posts: 7,969
    RIP

I never appreciated her contribution to Bond so much before now.
    Dwayne wrote: »
    So Sad, especially for her friends and family.

She is also, the first major "Bond Girl" of the Moore era to pass away.
    RIP. Ms. Roberts.....and thanks.

Yes, I was thinking that myself and I believe she was the second youngest (after Carole Bouquet) Moore Bond Girl to boot which makes it all the more unexpected. You just never know in life, sadly.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I hope this is being investigated.
    If she's really dead my sincere condolences to the family, what a strange affair to be honest. I do hope she's still alive. :x
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    SaintMark wrote: »
    If she's really dead my sincere condolences to the family, what a strange affair to be honest. I do hope she's still alive. :x
    Unfortunately she is confirmed to have passed away yesterday evening.
    jake24 wrote: »
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Unfortunately she is confirmed to have passed away yesterday evening.

That is a great loss as her Bond character was actually quite easy to remember, love her or hate her. She was bloody great in Sheena, love that movie, should have had some sequels in my humble opinion.

May she rest in peace.
    Hang on,on the main news page it says shes not dead,i come back here and its reported she is.What the hell? How upsetting this must be to her friends and family.