R.I.P. A Final Farewell To Members Of The James Bond Family

1212224262732

Comments

  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,485
    Looks like her rep is blaming Roberts’ boyfriend, while he is blaming the hospital for incorrectly pronouncing her dead. Nevertheless she remains in critical condition.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 7,695
    It may be sincere, but the 'receiving the news on the phone' clip feels quite false, doesn't it.
  • DragonpolDragonpol The Crazy World of David Dragonpol
    Posts: 14,642
    mtm wrote: »
    It may be sincere, but the 'receiving the news on the phone' clip feels quite false, doesn't it.

    Yes, that's what I thought when I saw it. It seems like a little bit of drama. Has a kind of staged for the cameras feel to it. I hope it wasn't though. Strange stuff. I just hope Tanya Roberts will get better.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,601
    This is ridiculously bizarre. I'm happy it seems she's still alive, though, regardless of the condition. I really hope she pulls through.
  • Posts: 8,623
    This has been a good friend of mine for many years and it tells me something about this stinks
  • DragonpolDragonpol The Crazy World of David Dragonpol
    edited January 5 Posts: 14,642
    Something about it certainly doesn't seem to add up. If so, I'm sure it'll all come out in the wash.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 7,695
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    This is ridiculously bizarre. I'm happy it seems she's still alive, though, regardless of the condition. I really hope she pulls through.

    I hope she is too, not sure I'll believe it until properly confirmed though.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Posts: 1,034
    BBC News - Tanya Roberts: Bond girl and Charlie's Angel still alive
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55528352

  • mattjoesmattjoes Eve Stavro Blofeld
    Posts: 4,314
    2020 was bad, 2021 is just weird.
  • This is an odd turn of events. But for her sake I hope she can pull through..
  • BibiBibi Washington
    Posts: 22
    Hopefully she pulls though.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Eve Stavro Blofeld
    edited January 5 Posts: 4,314
    She was my first "Bond girl crush," as AVTAK was the first Bond film I saw, back when I was seven. When I used to act out my own 007 adventures in my back yard, "Stacy Sutton" was always my imaginary female companion.
    I love this story. When I was a kid, I used to play "Bond film" as well. I had a hula hoop that I used for the gunbarrel. The bad guy was usually an evil industrialist.

    She gave that character a heart that wasn't necessarily there on the page, and she still remains the most "normal" of all Bond women, the only one in the whole series (in my opinion) who seems like you could actually meet and date in real life.
    I agree with this. Stacey is a very warm, down-to-earth character. And the character works well with Roger's Bond.


    I hope Tanya Roberts recovers from her condition.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    Posts: 246
    Not even a full week into the new year and it’s already getting weird.
  • Posts: 454
    Man, her boyfriend looks like some hobo. Surely Tanya could have done better than this guy. I mean I don’t know anything about him but going by appearances alone... YIKES!!
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython "I want you looking FABULOUS."
    Posts: 4,219
    Anyone remember the ending to LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN? I’m just saying, somebody should check into Sir Sean’s resting place...
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Posts: 2,541
    Hoping for her full recovery.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited January 5 Posts: 19,594
    Wait what? Wow, what a sinister story. In any case, I hope she'll recover.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe "I need a year off" Craig
    edited January 5 Posts: 7,293
    Yeah, don't know how a woman like Tanya ended up with someone like that...

    Get well soon.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe Still waiting for the Jena Malone Batwoman movie that's never going to be made.Moderator
    Posts: 11,877
    A bizarre turn of events. :-?
  • Posts: 4,309
    I think the boyfriend maybe in line for a Golden Raspberry given his performance in that video.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 7,695
    patb wrote: »
    I think the boyfriend maybe in line for a Golden Raspberry given his performance in that video.

    Ha! :))
  • edited January 5 Posts: 454
    He looks like some sweaty guy who works the burger grill. Still don’t know how he ended up with Tanya. Sheesh!!

    He looks like the guy who doesn’t think he’ll ever get any girl, period. But then somehow ends up with a Bond girl. Like something that only happens in a dream. And then of course you wake up. LOL!
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Posts: 5,119
    patb wrote: »
    I think the boyfriend maybe in line for a Golden Raspberry given his performance in that video.

    I thought that!
  • DragonpolDragonpol The Crazy World of David Dragonpol
    edited January 5 Posts: 14,642
    Sadly it seems that Tanya Roberts died for real last night, aged 65. The source is TMZ again so make of that what you will:

    https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/05/tanya-roberts-dead-dies-65-bond-girl-70s-show-premature-announcement/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,601
    Yes, seems she has definitively died as of last night. Terrible rollercoaster with an awful ending. RIP Tanya.
  • DragonpolDragonpol The Crazy World of David Dragonpol
    edited January 5 Posts: 14,642
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Yes, seems she has definitively died as of last night. Terrible rollercoaster with an awful ending. RIP Tanya.

    Yes, it was a real up and down ending. Her Wikipedia page hasn't been updated yet but I suppose it's only a matter of time. We were told she was still very ill and that her condition was described as "dire" so it didn't look that great for her.

    It's sad to have the hope that she might recover snatched away so quickly again.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,601
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Yes, seems she has definitively died as of last night. Terrible rollercoaster with an awful ending. RIP Tanya.

    Yes, it was a real up and down ending. Her Wikipedia page hasn't been updated yet but I suppose it's only a matter of time. We were told she was still very ill and that her condition was described as "dire" so it didn't look that great for her.

    It's sad to have the hope that she might recover snatched away so quickly again.

    That was my thought last night - even if he was mistaken, her condition didn't sound like it was going to get much better. So awful.
  • DragonpolDragonpol The Crazy World of David Dragonpol
    edited January 5 Posts: 14,642
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Yes, seems she has definitively died as of last night. Terrible rollercoaster with an awful ending. RIP Tanya.

    Yes, it was a real up and down ending. Her Wikipedia page hasn't been updated yet but I suppose it's only a matter of time. We were told she was still very ill and that her condition was described as "dire" so it didn't look that great for her.

    It's sad to have the hope that she might recover snatched away so quickly again.

    That was my thought last night - even if he was mistaken, her condition didn't sound like it was going to get much better. So awful.

    Yes, there wasn't much room for rejoicing as she still sounded very ill and on the brink of death. It was of course a big surprise and relief to hear she was still alive though. There was still a glimmer of hope that she might eventually pull through. Unfortunately that too has been dashed now.
  • Posts: 8,623
    Shame rest in peace I might watch A View to a kill soon in honor of her
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Location: Hm, I wish I could write Italy or San Marino here
    Posts: 5,514
    Wine with Stacey never sounded so sad.



    Rest in peace, Tanya :(
Sign In or Register to comment.