Mission: Impossible - VII/VIII (2022/23)

1204205207209210221

Comments

  • edited December 2020 Posts: 2,915
    MI7 now has me as pumped as NTTD. A camera on a moving bicycle?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 7,125
    I'm still very keen to know why that car has no doors! :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 34,269
    Only reasoning I can think of is either they're removed during the chase or they'll be added in post because they plan on having the camera sweep back and forth in the car during the chase. Very interested to see what's what.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 7,125
    Yeah, as there hasn't been a sign of them shooting anything with the doors on I think the CG explanation is maybe less likely, and there's no sign of damage so I don't think they've been ripped off. Maybe the car is in a garage or something when Ethan takes it?
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 14,693
    Tom Cruise Goes Off On Crew After Covid Breach On ‘Mission: Impossible 7’ London Set – Hear The Audio
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.com/2020/12/tom-cruise-yells-mission-impossible-7-covid-protocol-breach-london-set-1234657174/amp/
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 16,258
    Tom Cruise Goes Off On Crew After Covid Breach On ‘Mission: Impossible 7’ London Set – Hear The Audio
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.com/2020/12/tom-cruise-yells-mission-impossible-7-covid-protocol-breach-london-set-1234657174/amp/
    Good for him!

  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Posts: 8,684
    Good for him is exactly what I'm thinking. I read the article, didn't listen to audio or look at the video. He's entitled.

    It's great to witness the actions of folk like Christopher Nolan and Tom Cruise in these times, working to reestablish the film industry. They have my support.

    And I think his point is solid. Follow the rules. There are forces standing by to shut down activity altogether and beyond science and reason.

  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2020 Posts: 7,125
    Good for him is exactly what I'm thinking. I read the article, didn't listen to audio or look at the video. He's entitled.

    I thought it would be cringey to listen to (I've never managed to get through the Christian Bale meltdown!) but this one is fine because, yeah, he's right. It sounds like it was a fairly minor breach of the rules and you would imagine one that's hard to avoid occasionally, but this clip being leaked is proof that the eyes of the world are on them and they've got to be whiter-than-white, otherwise who's the person who will be blamed? Cruise himself.
    And he's got a perfect right to be pissed off because he's putting so much work, energy, and his own money (isn't he paying for the crew's accommodation himself?) into the film, not to mention all of the extra stress of keeping it going politically (negotiating with studios, crews, unions and actual governments) in the middle of a pandemic. I would imagine he and the other producers are getting even less sleep than usual on this one.
    And I think his point is solid. Follow the rules. There are forces standing by to shut down activity altogether and beyond science and reason.

    Not really, no.
  • Posts: 4,302
    It's ironic that we see more passion, insight and empathy from a Hollywood star than our leaders and experts. Perhaps we need Tom on the TV every evening yelling at us rather than the usual bunch? It's a stong and uplifting speach IMHO.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Posts: 6,353
    Good to see there's still a bit of Les Grossman in him.
  • Unfortunately this is all a fallout (no pun intended) from all the hysteria that the media and our politicians have created. Everything shut down, doom and gloom, end of the world, etc. I don’t even watch the news anymore. Every time you turn it on all you hear is Covid this, Covid that. Like there’s absolutely nothing else to report. So depressing. I’m sorry but I don’t see people dropping dead like flies all around, which is exactly what the media would have you believe. This mass hysteria is doing no one any favors.

    Read the Great Barrington Declaration. These professionals actually make sense.
    https://gbdeclaration.org/
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 4,302
    I love this: (He is hanging by a very thin thread as they said in Jerry M)

    We want the gold standard. They’re back there in Hollywood making movies right now because of us! Because they believe in us and what we’re doing!

    I’m on the phone with every f–king studio at night, insurance companies, producers, and they’re looking at us and using us to make their movies. We are creating thousands of jobs you motherf–kers.

    I don’t ever want to see it again, ever! And if you don’t do it you’re fired, if I see you do it again you’re f–king gone. And if anyone in this crew does it – that’s it, and you too and you too. And you, don’t you ever f–king do it again.

    That’s it! No apologies. You can tell it to the people that are losing their f-ing homes because our industry is shut down. It’s not going to put food on their table or pay for their college education.

    That’s what I sleep with every night. The future of this f–king industry! So I’m sorry I am beyond your apologies. I have told you and now I want it and if you don’t do it you’re out. We are not shutting this f–king movie down! Is it understood?

    If I see it again you’re f–king gone — and you are — so you’re going to cost him his job, if I see it on the set you’re gone and you’re gone.

    That’s it. Am I clear?

    Do you understand what I want? Do you understand the responsibility that you have? Because I will deal with your reason. And if you can’t be reasonable and I can’t deal with your logic, you’re fired. That’s it. That is it.

    I trust you guys to be here. That’s it. That’s it guys. Have a little think about it. . .[inaudible].

    That’s what I think of Universal and Paramount. Warner Brothers. Movies are going because of us. If we shut down it’s going to cost people f–king jobs, their home, their family. That’s what’s happening.

    All the way down the line. And I care about you guys, but if you’re not going to help me you’re gone. OK? Do you see that stick? How many meters is that?

    When people are standing around a f–king computer and hanging out around here, what are you doing? And if they don’t comply then send their names to Matt Spooner. That’s it.

  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2020 Posts: 7,125
    patb wrote: »
    I love this: (He is hanging by a very thin thread as they said in Jerry M)

    From the ceiling?

    c5QxlXc7TC8axBp_B8bqnbXn0_EhcqSi-d2ZbUZun_gO8SIlKtmAD-VqcdBBdKt13sbRwiSZ4DQq03axB8jMqAvegymq1C0i-Fiwc8JzvI60bTbdntDySfj2muj5cJgxwLcZymFEsGxFW35xq4cHFoYysVEj9S8iW13BaXbm7iugQgh_u-9GcSR-IWZsH1vm6hrt
  • Back in April/May I had a similar reaction to Tom's on more than one occasion.

  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Posts: 8,684
    mtm wrote: »
    Not really, no.
    Oooooooooooh, yeah.

  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,591
    Five crew guys has left the production after a second rant from Cruise.

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/13499768/tom-cruise-covid-rant-staff-quit/
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Posts: 6,353
    As someone who has both been on the receiving end of public chew outs from HODs and dished out a couple in my time too - my sympathy for the crew is very limited in this scenario, especially if they received multiple warnings. They should have been sacked after the second. I'm sure they will likely report the rants to their unions (such is the purpose of unions), but if they broke Covid protocols then they only have themselves to blame. They're professionals second but firstly adults - they shouldn't have allowed it to get to this point. Personal responsibility, etc.

    "Desperate times, desperate measures."
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 527
    I've long suspected Cruise was an abusive wacko, especially after seeing Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, and I've had to separate the art from the artist whenever I see him in anything. Because of that, the comments of Leah Remini and other ex-Scientologists don't surprise me in the slightest:

    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/leah-remini-tom-cruises-rant-psychotic-scientology-covid19-pandemic-224721629.html
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe Still waiting for the Jena Malone Batwoman movie that's never going to be made.Moderator
    Posts: 11,859
    The rules are simple. You try it the nice touchy feely way, and people JUST. DON'T. LISTEN. Somtimes you just have to use a more direct method to get your point across. As far as I care, Cruise was right to deal with it this way.

    This gives you an idea of how I feel inside, when I see people not following the rules, that we all should know by now. I don't care about that creepy cult he is a part of, well done Tom Cruise. Just please, don't apologise for the rant.
  • Posts: 527
    The rules are simple. You try it the nice touchy feely way, and people JUST. DON'T. LISTEN. Somtimes you just have to use a more direct method to get your point across. As far as I care, Cruise was right to deal with it this way.

    This gives you an idea of how I feel inside, when I see people not following the rules, that we all should know by now. I don't care about that creepy cult he is a part of, well done Tom Cruise. Just please, don't apologise for the rant.

    Like Remini, I suspect his rant was staged. I also don't think Cruise gives two sh*ts about the industry people who are out of work, since even his supposedly safety-conscious scolding ended up as a "Woe is me, I'm carrying the world on my shoulders" monologue. And no, I don't expect him to apologize, because he's a jerk.

    In any case, we don't even know the context. Was it just a matter of social distancing? Was this the second or third time they were called out? We don't know. I've seen people at work wearing masks but standing too close at times -- they forget, it's only human. My approach as a manager is to remind them and make sure they comply, not to fly off the handle.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Posts: 4,010
    Cruise's cult doesn't even believe in the virus.

    This is just window dressing, I've listened to that audio and seen some of the visuals that go with it and he really gets into it like he is enjoying it, revelling in his power, the saviour, he actually says that.

    The man is a narcissistic bully, I haven't liked him for a long time and have boycotted his film for that reason.

    I know some of you have wet dreams over watching this real life loony tune go to the edge but the simple fact is he is a hugely unpleasant person.

    That wasn't the first time he has done that, someone just decided it was time the world got to see behind this supposed nice guy image.

    Do some research on Scientology and its no. 2.

    You can choose to ignore if you like as you are obviously looking forward to Mission Not So Impossible 7 & 8.

    Although I hope despite some people's cheering of this act that now the mask as slipped on the man, people wake up and realise who the real Tom Cruise is.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Posts: 16,258
    Yeah, Tom's a nut. At least he's not a Nazi. (Rocketeer/Dalton ref)
  • Yikes. Tom Cruise sounds like he's full of himself... "That's what I sleep with every night." Gag me.

    Regardless, that's not how one should act as a boss.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 7,125
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Yikes. Tom Cruise sounds like he's full of himself... "That's what I sleep with every night." Gag me.

    Regardless, that's not how one should act as a boss.

    Letting the film get shut down and putting everyone out of work would probably be a worse move as a boss, I'd say.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Posts: 6,353
    Honestly, it's pretty telling that most of the folks that have issues with the outburst are people who have openly admitted to not liking Cruise already.

    If the crew broke health and safety protocols, it really doesn't matter what Cruise's religion is (and I say that as someone with a strong personal dislike of organised religion).
  • mtm wrote: »
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Yikes. Tom Cruise sounds like he's full of himself... "That's what I sleep with every night." Gag me.

    Regardless, that's not how one should act as a boss.

    Letting the film get shut down and putting everyone out of work would probably be a worse move as a boss, I'd say.

    I'm sure there's an approach that's somewhere in between.
  • Honestly, it's pretty telling that most of the folks that have issues with the outburst are people who have openly admitted to not liking Cruise already.

    If the crew broke health and safety protocols, it really doesn't matter what Cruise's religion is (and I say that as someone with a strong personal dislike of organised religion).

    I don't think anyone takes issue with Cruise being passionate about this. People are merely pointing out that to them he sounds like a man enjoying reprimanding his staff in an arguably arrogant manner (there's a lot of talk in that tirade about himself).

    I happen to agree, but that doesn't mean I think COVID should be ignored. I think there are better ways than screaming your head off about how great of a job YOU are doing, and how others are failing you. It's a team effort, and the good job being done is also by the members of the team following protocol, presumably the majority.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 7,125
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Yikes. Tom Cruise sounds like he's full of himself... "That's what I sleep with every night." Gag me.

    Regardless, that's not how one should act as a boss.

    Letting the film get shut down and putting everyone out of work would probably be a worse move as a boss, I'd say.

    I'm sure there's an approach that's somewhere in between.

    And I’m sure he’d have been trying that in between approach for months before this.
    He has got a lot wrapped up in this personally, including reportedly his own money which he spent on hiring a ship for crew accommodation. Plus he’s negotiating with governments and massive studios to keep this going at the same time as literally putting his life on the line riding motorbikes off mountains etc. This isn’t quite the same as Priti Patel bullying her staff: this is a man who is investing 100% of his energy and passion into this, knowing that it literally is an industry which is hugely dire straights right now and needs this to give an awful lot of people jobs.
    I can see this offends you in some way, that for him to be angry that folks would put his work and others’ jobs at risk through thoughtless acts isn’t something you can understand, but you do have to try and think about what the situation is a bit more. He’s not lying, he would be the main driving force behind this whole project running.
  • mtm wrote: »
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Yikes. Tom Cruise sounds like he's full of himself... "That's what I sleep with every night." Gag me.

    Regardless, that's not how one should act as a boss.

    Letting the film get shut down and putting everyone out of work would probably be a worse move as a boss, I'd say.

    I'm sure there's an approach that's somewhere in between.

    And I’m sure he’d have been trying that in between approach for months before this.
    He has got a lot wrapped up in this personally, including reportedly his own money which he spent on hiring a ship for crew accommodation. Plus he’s negotiating with governments and massive studios to keep this going at the same time as literally putting his life on the line riding motorbikes off mountains etc. This isn’t quite the same as Priti Patel bullying her staff: this is a man who is investing 100% of his energy and passion into this, knowing that it literally is an industry which is hugely dire straights right now and needs this to give an awful lot of people jobs.
    I can see this offends you in some way, that for him to be angry that folks would put his work and others’ jobs at risk through thoughtless acts isn’t something you can understand, but you do have to try and think about what the situation is a bit more. He’s not lying, he would be the main driving force behind this whole project running.

    I'm not sure why you think I'm offended, nor do I appreciate the insinuation that I can't possibly understand being upset about people's irresponsibilities.

    I've been lurking more than posting on this forum for years now because of attitudes like this. I see no use in discussions, if people can't disagree and exchange their thoughts without assuming that if someone doesn't share your view, it means they are in some way less moral or inferior.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Posts: 4,010
    mtm wrote: »
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Yikes. Tom Cruise sounds like he's full of himself... "That's what I sleep with every night." Gag me.

    Regardless, that's not how one should act as a boss.

    Letting the film get shut down and putting everyone out of work would probably be a worse move as a boss, I'd say.

    I'm sure there's an approach that's somewhere in between.

    And I’m sure he’d have been trying that in between approach for months before this.
    He has got a lot wrapped up in this personally, including reportedly his own money which he spent on hiring a ship for crew accommodation. Plus he’s negotiating with governments and massive studios to keep this going at the same time as literally putting his life on the line riding motorbikes off mountains etc. This isn’t quite the same as Priti Patel bullying her staff: this is a man who is investing 100% of his energy and passion into this, knowing that it literally is an industry which is hugely dire straights right now and needs this to give an awful lot of people jobs.
    I can see this offends you in some way, that for him to be angry that folks would put his work and others’ jobs at risk through thoughtless acts isn’t something you can understand, but you do have to try and think about what the situation is a bit more. He’s not lying, he would be the main driving force behind this whole project running.

    Cruise is a bully and some of the stuff he has done and been involved with due to his membership of that sinister cult (that is what it is).

    Also you'll probably find that his actions within Scientology and what he allows to be done in their name and how he treats people under him would put the awful Patel in the shade.

    I imagine he has been doing this quite regularly but someone on the crew thought it was time it was exposed to the world and the nice guy act he presents to the public in full glare of the camera lens is just that an act. The mask has slipped for the whole world to see and for me and others it isn't a pretty sight.

    You can make as much allowances for him as you clearly think he is great but some of us find something quite wrong with what he has done here.

    No I don't like him as I said but that doesn't make my opinion on him any less valid than yours as you don't want to feel Ethan Hunt is some kind of monster but the evidence has been out there for sometime, that the something is rotten in the state of Denmark where the Crusier is concerned.

    Also the hypocrisy that the cult he is involved with doesn't accept that any sympathy should be bestowed on anyone, that has anything from the common cold to cancer is the fault of the person and they bring it on by being negative.

    The fact they also see this virus as not real, also and Cruise obviously feels that way, to show him blowing up at his employees like he does when his convictions are totally fake, he clearly is in his element there, really enjoying himself.

    If you can excuse that kind of behaviour, that tells me a lot about the person you are.
Sign In or Register to comment.