No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    The cloning of viruses & lethal bacteria to create biological weapons seems much more grounded in reality. I sure hope this is the angle they went with.

Same here, but there's one scene I do not understand yet. Bond in Safin's lab and those three or four watertanks in the background with something living inside. Either people or animals. Could be animals used for testing..

Isn’t it possible though those tanks are being used to genetically modify the virus/bacteria? Those tanks may be the key to making the bio weapon grow.

In a way, yes.

I thought it was jellyfish in those tanks. Jellyfish can be used to help grow/cultivate bacteria.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3379990/

On a side note, when I went back to take a look at that scene, I noticed that there is a"Noh mask" on the monitors. I had not noticed that before.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    TripAces wrote: »
    The cloning of viruses & lethal bacteria to create biological weapons seems much more grounded in reality. I sure hope this is the angle they went with.

Same here, but there's one scene I do not understand yet. Bond in Safin's lab and those three or four watertanks in the background with something living inside. Either people or animals. Could be animals used for testing..

Isn’t it possible though those tanks are being used to genetically modify the virus/bacteria? Those tanks may be the key to making the bio weapon grow.

In a way, yes.

I thought it was jellyfish in those tanks. Jellyfish can be used to help grow/cultivate bacteria.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3379990/

On a side note, when I went back to take a look at that scene, I noticed that there is a"Noh mask" on the monitors. I had not noticed that before.

Yes. That mask must have significant meaning to him.
  • TripAces wrote: »
    Some are suggesting this would prove a "cloning" theory. I say not so fast. As I suggested when Madeliene was dressed the way she ]was at Safin's lair, there may be some other deeper, more sinister connection between Safin and Madeliene. At least, I would find that angle wildly satisfying: he saved her life and she has some twisted affection for him.

Has anyone thought of the obvious, here? That Madeleine and Safin are sister/brother, or half? That's been my gut feeling. It would fit with the whole Craig-era approach of making everything "personal."

Obviously it could also be that Blofeld's more involved in all of this than the trailers are revealing, and escapes/is set free in the third act, and/or that he's genetically related...to someone. Or is Safin a clone of Blofeld? :))
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 565
    Has anyone thought of the obvious, here? That Madeleine and Safin are sister/brother, or half? That's been my gut feeling. It would fit with the whole Craig-era approach of making everything "personal."
    Definitely possible. Would be a relief of sorts. Only thing would be why is she so afraid of him and his masks?

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2020 Posts: 10,586
    TripAces wrote: »
    Some are suggesting this would prove a "cloning" theory. I say not so fast. As I suggested when Madeliene was dressed the way she ]was at Safin's lair, there may be some other deeper, more sinister connection between Safin and Madeliene. At least, I would find that angle wildly satisfying: he saved her life and she has some twisted affection for him.

Obviously it could also be that Blofeld's more involved in all of this than the trailers are revealing, and escapes/is set free in the third act, and/or that he's genetically related...to someone. Or is Safin a clone of Blofeld? :))
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Definitely possible. Would be a relief of sorts. Only thing would be why is she so afraid of him and his masks?
    Personally I think @TripAces prediction might be more accurate than another sibling connection plot. Given that Fukunaga is directing and the poorly received foster brother backstory between Bond and Blofeld, it seems fairly doubtful they would go down that route again.
    Think we’ll be lucky enough to get a snippet of Zimmer’s score this Friday?
    Think we’ll be lucky enough to get a snippet of Zimmer’s score this Friday?

Hope so.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    This Friday? Is there anything to indicate that?
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    jake24 wrote: »

During the Variety interview on Thursday is what I assume the reference was to. I doubt that any clips of the score will surface but would love to be proven wrong. It is most likely just references to the Title Song.
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

During the Variety interview on Thursday is what I assume the reference was to. I doubt that any clips of the score will surface but would love to be proven wrong. It is most likely just references to the Title Song.
    Ah, I had forgotten about that interview. We’ll see if anything new surfaces but looking forward to it regardless.
    The Tenet prologue has been released by WB on YouTube. Man, I hope the opening of NTTD matches it in execution.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited December 2020 Posts: 4,343
    I'm pretty sure it's gonna be better...
    20201216-130835.jpg
    Not new info, but still something. From the new Onscreen issue
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The Tenet prologue has been released by WB on YouTube. Man, I hope the opening of NTTD matches it in execution.

I would hope it blows it away easily, or else we're in trouble.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    (Really off topic) Have you guys heard this? MI7 shoot:(Audio) Tom Cruise going ballistic over crew breaking COVID-19 protocols

I’ve always thought Cruise is a bit of a nut job, but I think his actions here are justifiable.

Personally, every time I turn around lately, I’m hearing about more deaths & more severe infections from this damn thing.
    I've felt like flipping out and having a massive shouting meltdown at work myself, lately.
    I do hope things simmer down, eventually get back to normal and that we get to enjoy NTTD soon (as well as the next Mission Impossible entry).
  • peterpeter Toronto
    TC had no right to berate his entire crew. Most on set are abiding adults.
    The others should have been professionally dismissed from their employment.
    Also, Tom somehow and always comes back to Tom. How’d he make it about himself? He’s up all night! On the phone with producers!! They are the gold standard!!! This is what I sleep with (or whatever he said).

He sounded like any other short, very short, tyrant.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    (Really off topic) Have you guys heard this? MI7 shoot:(Audio) Tom Cruise going ballistic over crew breaking COVID-19 protocols

The accompanying video really shows his childishness coming out in full force. I think it's appropriate to make sure everyone's following the COVID rules during this time, but this is definitely extreme.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

The accompanying video really shows his childishness coming out in full force. I think it's appropriate to make sure everyone's following the COVID rules during this time, but this is definitely extreme.

That really depends on how long/how many times the issue has arisen on set.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    He's the boss there, isn't he. That outburst wasn't meant for our eyes. Though some points could be taken up with the union I guess.

Mr. Cruise is invested in that activity and the overall film industry at this point in time and it shows, his frustration is understandable to me. And I'm actually not one of his defenders across the years.

• It’s extremely hard for me to defend Tom Cruise most of the time, but I respect him for putting his workers in place. I’m every bit as sick and tired of the “Anti-Maskers” as he is. These people don’t realize that it’s not about them, it’s about the safety of others.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    From what I have heard, this is the about the third time Cruise has had to go over this with certain crew members and he'd had enough. Understandable. He's putting the time and money into this production, which has already been shut down over COVID issues
  • When he said 'am I clear?' someone should have replied with 'crystal'!
    Its covered on the Mission Impossible thread
    I have a question. The stuntman who's jumping off the stone bridge in Gravina, Italy, is that David Grant or Andy Torbet?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I have a question. The stuntman who's jumping off the stone bridge in Gravina, Italy, is that David Grant or Andy Torbet?
    David Grant.
    QBranch wrote: »
    David Grant.

Thanks man. High five!!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Thanks man.
    Any time!
    High five!!
    Okay, but first, we must sanitize hands.