No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Colour me shocked, but James Bond Nederland did some digging, and Nomi might not be 007?

https://jamesbond.nl/is-nomi-echt-007/

SPOILERS within the article. Or is EON playing a double-bluff here?

I'm either misreading things or missing something big in the non-English parts of the article, but it sounds to me like she's transferred to being 003 once Bond returns. Maybe I'm wrong.

He gets double-O status back? I didn't want to click on the link because of the spoiler warning but I can cope with that :)

If that's true I'm glad, it'll shut up all the 'go woke go broke' weirdos on Facebook and Twitter who wanted to #DefundEON :D
  • phibes72 wrote: »
    Bond people cannot keep on delaying the film, they have to show some courage. Streaming & Cinema release & blu ray release at the same time. Its just becoming a joke & a not very funny one. The disease is terrible, but the Cinemas cannot open if there are no big films to show. i.e Cineworld in the UK.

It's easy for us to be courageous with other peoples' money. But EON and co. could literally lose the better part of a billion dollars by going to streaming.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I don't think it's a case of "have to", as @CraigMooreOHMSS stated, she's obviously an open-minded and extremely confident individual.

Yes. I remember Emma Watson got a ton of flak for being a vocal feminist, and then at the same time posing for risque photo shoots and embracing her sexuality. You can be a strong woman who fights for equality, as well as embrace your sexuality, and I don't see how Seydoux here is any different. I applaud her for using her own agency for however she chooses.
    Any "discontentedness" I might have is more-so directed towards the societal pressures put on women that generally say "the more sexually appealing you are / appear, the more value you have here in society". We've of course moved forward a great degree in society away from this, but it still exists in subtle ways of course.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    edited December 2020 Posts: 524
    Colour me shocked, but James Bond Nederland did some digging, and Nomi might not be 007?

I'm either misreading things or missing something big in the non-English parts of the article, but it sounds to me like she's transferred to being 003 once Bond returns. Maybe I'm wrong.

They’re basically saying that because Nomi
    is named as 003 in the text, the whole 007 rumour is therefore false.
    Later they mention the possibility of her
    getting 003 after Bond returns, but because of the way the text is written, they consider that unlikely.

A lot of the text is filler, but I’ve translated the relevant piece below, in the spoiler tag:
    And what about No Time To Die? I’ve got surprising news. That theory that Nomi is playing 007, isn’t correct. All these rumours, which I believed myself, aren’t true. EON have published it themselves, officially. In the new official car book Bond Cars: The Definitive History the following is written:

In No Time To Die, the DBS Superleggera is the MI6 vehicle issued to agent 003, Nomi. Nomi and Bond drive it to a NATO airfield in Norway and pull up alongside a C-17 cargo plane, where Q is already on board. The three take off to launch a mission againt the villian Safin. The DBS Superleggera (Superleggera, the Italian for ‘Superlight’ and named in honour of a Italian coachbuilding firm Carrozzaria Touring) was revealed in 2018 and is the marque’s V12 flagship grand tourer. Riviving the DBS nameplate, last seen in 2012, and harking back to the original DBS from 1967, this is ‘super’ GT that draws on the best from the automaker’s past while looking firmly forward.

We’re all quite surprised at James Bond Netherlands. A lot of us believed that Nomi might’ve carried the 007 number. It’s only just not true. What maybe might be possible, is that the agent begins as 007 and later gives the number back to Bond. Although this piece of text seems to exclude that.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    mtm wrote: »

He gets double-O status back? I didn't want to click on the link because of the spoiler warning but I can cope with that :)

If that's true I'm glad, it'll shut up all the 'go woke go broke' weirdos on Facebook and Twitter who wanted to #DefundEON :D

Sorry if I spoiled anything but that was just my uneducated assessment, I'm really not sure what happens.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    They won’t. The movie will be delayed to the summer or November.
    Not gonna happen.
    TripAces wrote: »
    Nolan's a bit of a whingebag. Nobody is particular happy about this situation - save for the odd few who don't enjoy going to the cinema anymore anyway.

Some forward-thinking directors are embracing what streaming has to offer.

Yeah. Especially the director of NTTD, who said streaming is the future.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Sorry if I spoiled anything but that was just my uneducated assessment, I'm really not sure what happens.

Oh no not at all, I mean that level of spoiler I can cope with- I was sort of thanking you for checking it! Sorry if I wasn't clear.
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 3,164
    Something smells fishy about this thing because...
    we know from the official internationally dubbed trailers she's 007 at least when Bond is in Jamaica - and given when that trailer was done the localisation was most certainly done based on the then-c ompleted dubs of the film.

So either she does get reassigned upon Bond's return, or they changed this due to the backlash, or they're still hiding her actually being 007
    Mr_Beach wrote: »
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    They won’t. The movie will be delayed to the summer or November.
    Not gonna happen.

It very likely will.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Contraband wrote: »

How strange: a photoshoot for a magazine and yet he hasn't got his bum out ;)
    antovolk wrote: »
    we know from the official internationally dubbed trailers she's 007 at least when Bond is in Jamaica - and given when that trailer was done the localisation was most certainly done based on the then-c ompleted dubs of the film.

So either she does get reassigned upon Bond's return, or they changed this due to the backlash, or they're still hiding her actually being 007

I thought that's what it says:
    it gets reassigned upon Bond's return.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    So it comes down to how attractive you view the women? What they look like?
    Do I make subjective judgements for what I like as far as Bond Girls? Absolutely. Yes. They're Bond Girls.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    So it comes down to how attractive you view the women? What they look like?
    Do I make subjective judgements for what I like as far as Bond Girls? Absolutely. Yes. They're Bond Girls.

The ones you don't like you think don't even count as Bond girls? That seems odd. It's a bit someone denying that the Lotus Esprit is a Bond car because they don't like mid-engined cars.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

My respect for him has just gone up!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Craig actually did a photoshoot a while back where he was shirtless.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQN1wT0iBgU-_lXh7fHJncF-btE6wZU9qZyvw&usqp=CAU
    The ones you don't like you think don't even count as Bond girls? That seems odd. It's a bit someone denying that the Lotus Esprit is a Bond car because they don't like mid-engined cars.
    Hmm I didn't exactly say that.

I said from what I've seen Nomi is not presented as a Bond Girl. I said more like a Leiter character, or now I'd say even closer to a Saunders type competing with or outright harassing Bond. At least initially arguing with Bond and obstructing him.

• Bond Girl status is qualified by appearance, actions/activity.
    • Every prominent female role is considered a Bond Girl.

So which approach applies prejudice.

• belleswannbelleswann britain
    belleswann wrote: »
    If your referring to “women being treated as sexual objects”, hopefully there are zero.

I must say I slightly lose respect for Seydoux every time she does another photoshoot in skimpy outfits (or as we see this time, no outfit at all)- she does seem to use herself as a sex object quite a lot. That's her choice and everything, but it always strikes me how much cooler Lynch seems to be in hers.
    I think a large part of the Bond fandom *wants* Paloma to be one of these “Bond girls” because they fit their idea of what an attractive woman looks like, and it seems, very unfortunately, Lashana does not.

Yeah it does feel a bit that way.

I think it's a really tasteful picture and she looks beautiful. It is her choice and I don't think she should be judged for it, nudity isn't anything to be ashamed of and she shouldn't be less respected for it.

I just think it's a bit of a shame she seems to feel she has to resort to reveal her figure and trying to titilate all the time. It's fine if she wants to do that, but equally it's my choice who I respect, not anyone else's.

I don't think she is trying to titilate anyone. It is up to you but I don't remember you losing respect for Daniel when he was shirtless in GQ
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited December 2020 Posts: 8,008

Craig actually did a photoshoot a while back where he was shirtless.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQN1wT0iBgU-_lXh7fHJncF-btE6wZU9qZyvw&usqp=CAU

Damn, I take it back. ;)
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Oooh Camille is a Bond Girl. But that's dropping the traditional goes to bed with Bond criterion.

Paloma, I'm expecting Bond Girl.

So far the way Nomi is presented, she's as much a Bond Girl as Felix. That's how I see it. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing her do the Marilyn Monroe photo shoot.

Exactly. I see her as a test of trying to get a female version of the recurring 'friend' character like Felix or Valentin.

I said from what I've seen Nomi is not presented as a Bond Girl. I said more like a Leiter character, or now I'd say even closer to a Saunders type competing with or outright harassing Bond. At least initially arguing with Bond and obstructing him.

I guess it comes down to the label of "Bond Girl", what it means exactly, and why it's needed at all. It seems like characters like Camille and now Nomi are blurring the lines, which is a great thing.

I'll ask my question to you again: you said Camille is a "Bond Girl", yet Nomi is not; where are the differences here that grant Camille this "title", but not Nomi?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Vogue Paris: Lea speaking french (eng subs), talking about Craig/Bond, and fashion

And another dance video with Lea, this time for Vogue Paris. Music: Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust".

I guess it comes down to the label of "Bond Girl", what it means exactly, and why it's needed at all. It seems like characters like Camille and now Nomi are blurring the lines, which is a great thing.

I'll ask my question to you again: you said Camille is a "Bond Girl", yet Nomi is not; where are the differences here that grant Camille this "title", but not Nomi?
    That's my take on how the Camille character is presented, as a potential love interest for Bond whether or not that's consummated.

I haven't seen NTTD, and as I said a couple times so far that's not how I see Nomi presented, simple as that.

If there's a notion to stop using the term Bond Girl and a romantic association with that, I'm ag'in it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

She's a main Bond woman; she gets top line billing just like every other one.

How many bit-part actresses who don't get lines and just sit around looking pretty have been called 'Bond girls' over the years? Do you look through this book and cross the pages off saying "not a Bond girl, not a Bond girl, Bond girl, not a Bond girl, ... "
    :D

515K5D59VQL._SX342_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

That's my take on how the Camille character is presented, as a potential love interest for Bond whether or not that's consummated.

That's a pretty strange definition then. A Bond woman can be someone you think he might have potentially shagged, even though he most certainly didn't, but in Nomi's case that's unimaginable, even though we don't actually know if he does or not.

Is it not just easier to go with the more standard definition i.e. a relatively young and attractive actress in a Bond movie is a Bond girl/woman?
    If your referring to “women being treated as sexual objects”, hopefully there are zero.

I must say I slightly lose respect for Seydoux every time she does another photoshoot in skimpy outfits (or as we see this time, no outfit at all)- she does seem to use herself as a sex object quite a lot. That's her choice and everything, but it always strikes me how much cooler Lynch seems to be in hers.
    I think a large part of the Bond fandom *wants* Paloma to be one of these “Bond girls” because they fit their idea of what an attractive woman looks like, and it seems, very unfortunately, Lashana does not.

I think it's a really tasteful picture and she looks beautiful. It is her choice and I don't think she should be judged for it, nudity isn't anything to be ashamed of and she shouldn't be less respected for it.

I just think it's a bit of a shame she seems to feel she has to resort to reveal her figure and trying to titilate all the time. It's fine if she wants to do that, but equally it's my choice who I respect, not anyone else's.

I don't think she is trying to titilate anyone. It is up to you but I don't remember you losing respect for Daniel when he was shirtless in GQ

It's a fair point, but it's not every single shoot with him. And it's not like men face quite the same problems that women do in terms of being objectified: men and women aren't equal.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @Contraband Reminds of the video from behind the scenes of No Time to Die...

edited December 2020 Posts: 7,518
    I'm ag'in it.

What? Against it?

Fair enough, if so, I certainly wouldn't say controlling language in this way does anybody any good, but my opinion on it is that it's an outdated way of labelling/looking at characters in these stories.

I also think to say that Camille "potentially" being a love interest to Bond makes her a Bond Girl, and Nomi is not a Bond Girl because there is absolutely no potential for her being a love interest for Bond (I guess) doesn't hold a lot of water.

I'm not saying Nomi should necessarily be a love interest for Bond purely because she's a woman, I'm saying that if we're going to use "Bond Girl" as a label, then labels have to have pretty clear cut definitions for what they mean to be useful, and this particular label doesn't seem to have one.

And then to say Seydoux and De Armas are, in fact, "Bond Girls", and Nomi is not a "Bond Girl", it just makes absolutely no sense.

I get the impression your definition for the label is "woman in a Bond film that I think is attractive", which is fine, but then the label is going to mean something different for every single person, and loses all of it's utility altogether.

tl;dr: "Bond Girl" is a stupid label to put on a character because it's totally subjective and arbitrary, apparently.
    Not trying to be controversial, just gave my approach and explained it in my own words.

I'm definitely comfortable with the longtime Bond Girl phrase past, present, and future.

• belleswannbelleswann britain
    edited December 2020 Posts: 35

How many bit-part actresses who don't get lines and just sit around looking pretty have been called 'Bond girls' over the years? Do you look through this book and cross the pages off saying "not a Bond girl, not a Bond girl, Bond girl, not a Bond girl, ... "

That's a pretty strange definition then. A Bond woman can be someone you think he might have potentially shagged, even though he most certainly didn't, but in Nomi's case that's unimaginable, even though we don't actually know if he does or not.

Is it not just easier to go with the more standard definition i.e. a relatively young and attractive actress in a Bond movie is a Bond girl/woman?

It's a fair point, but it's not every single shoot with him. And it's not like men face quite the same problems that women do in terms of being objectified: men and women aren't equal.

But it's that reason why women do more nudity than men because it is expected and it isn't every shoot with Lea she has been on around a dozen magazines this year and this is the only one but my point is it wouldn't matter if it was every one for her or daniel craig because it's nothing either should feel ashamed of if they feel comfortable doing it and not exploited, men are never criticized as much as women for it because no, men and women are not treated equally.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

But it's that reason why women do more nudity than men because it is expected

That's not a good thing though.
    and it isn't every shoot with Lea she has been on around a dozen magazines this year and this is the only one

I don't think so; they're always getting posted here (maybe more the in thread about 007 women) and all of her shoots have seemed sexualised to me, this is something I've been feeling for a while every time one appears. This is the first one I've seen where she's not wearing anything at all, but all of the rest I've seen getting posted here have featured her in skimpies or wearing extremely tight clothes.
    but my point is it wouldn't matter if it was every one for her or daniel craig because it's nothing either should feel ashamed of if they feel comfortable doing it and not exploited, men are never criticized as much as women for it because no, men and women are not treated equally.

Yes, true, I just think it's a shame.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Denbigh wrote: »
    @Contraband Reminds of the video from behind the scenes of No Time to Die...

That's why I posted it. The trailer video also posted by me at the time. Filmed by Cary