Who should/could be a Bond actor? *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Denbigh wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    MSL49 wrote: »
    I think Barbara has his eye on somebody spesific.
    Yes and I know one of my faves is someone she doesn’t want sadly but I have heard she is intrigued by another of my top 5 as for who can’t say but there ya go
    How does anyone know what Barbara is thinking?

Im guessing they know her or know someone that is in the know.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    No to Kohli, first he is a cricketer not an actor and second, even if he was an actor, i don't think an Indian should play bond.
    But his wife Anushka is an actress, so she might have a chance in future bond film's.
    .jpg
    Anushka-Sharma-Hot-and-Spicy-_-Bikini-5.jpg

“Sorry, we don’t want you, your skin is the wrong colour... but give us your wife, we’d love to objectify her!” :)) :))

😂😂✌️
  • I'd be very happy with Jack Huston. Talented, handsome, a bit edgy, not too predictable.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    I'd be very happy with Jack Huston. Talented, handsome, a bit edgy, not too predictable.

He’s worth a screen test, no doubt.

I’ve only seen him as Richard Harrow in the HBO television drama series Boardwalk Empire.

His lead in Ben Hur was not successful though. Which is a worry.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    I think out there is not clear number one choice.
  • I'm watching Tenet. Robert Pattinson would have been the perfect choice. He's commanding the screen with his performance. He's really grown into his looks too. What a shame Batman got him.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    MSL49 wrote: »
    I think Barbara has his eye on somebody spesific.
    Yes and I know one of my faves is someone she doesn’t want sadly but I have heard she is intrigued by another of my top 5 as for who can’t say but there ya go
    How does anyone know what Barbara is thinking?

Baffles me. In fact I seriously doubt she's even given Craig's replacement much thought really. My hunch is sometime after the hype of NTTD has faded away, we'll get a nice LONG break from Bond while she and Eon pursue other projects. Eventually the concept of a B26 will occur. At some point later in the process, the casting can begin.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'm watching Tenet. Robert Pattinson would have been the perfect choice. He's commanding the screen with his performance. He's really grown into his looks too. What a shame Batman got him.

Is it out to rent?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Kingdumb of Norway
    mtm wrote: »
    I'm watching Tenet. Robert Pattinson would have been the perfect choice. He's commanding the screen with his performance. He's really grown into his looks too. What a shame Batman got him.

Is it out to rent?

I wondered about that, too. Here it is still in the cinema.
  • I'd be very happy with Jack Huston. Talented, handsome, a bit edgy, not too predictable.

I agree he's a versatile actor.
  • mtm wrote: »

Is it out to rent?

My friend has a Kodi box. It's full HD.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    mtm wrote: »

Is it out to rent?

I wondered about that, too. Here it is still in the cinema.

Not sure about renting but it will be available for Blu-ray on 15th December.
  • QsCatQsCat London
    I'd be very happy with Jack Huston. Talented, handsome, a bit edgy, not too predictable.

Just looked him up. I can't see him being Bond [-X
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    I think he is not the best but not the worst either.
    My issue with Pattinson, even before he was cast as Batman, is that he's too well known to play Bond. He would have been a great choice, and as you note he proves it in Tenet, his youthful appearance would have allowed him to keep the role over time, but he's too identifiable, too famous, for the part.

As for me, here are two lists, the first one ranks the actors who seem ideal to me if Bond 26 was to go into production in 2021, something impossible in my opinion, the second lists those who are still a little young today but who would be good choices in a few years, for a release between 2024 and 2025:
    1. Jamie Dornan
    2. Aidan Turner
    3. Ben Aldridge
    1. Nicholas Hoult
    2. Tom Bateman
    3. Jack Lowden
  • @Herr_Stockmann
    I've been saying on here for over a year now that it's going to be Jack Lowden. It's not that I necessarily want him, but that there's just a feeling in my bones.
    He's not obvious, he's the right age, he's been in some very well received films, he's suitably handsome for the part and he's clearly very talented.
    Plus, I like the fact he's not from the predictable Clive Owen/James Purefoy (pre Craig era)/Henry Cavill/Aidan Turner (post Craig era) school of unimaginative, paint-by-numbers fan casting.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    he's not from the predictable Clive Owen/James Purefoy (pre Craig era)/Henry Cavill/Aidan Turner (post Craig era) school of unimaginative, paint-by-numbers fan casting.

In other words, he's nothing like James Bond.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    edited December 2020 Posts: 708
    Jack Lowden looks like ChrisMD - a reference for the youngsters among you.
  • he's not from the predictable Clive Owen/James Purefoy (pre Craig era)/Henry Cavill/Aidan Turner (post Craig era) school of unimaginative, paint-by-numbers fan casting.

In other words, he's nothing like James Bond.

No, he's more progressive and imaginative than what's expected. It worked a treat with Craig. Like I've said before, I wish Jack O'Connell wasn't so short.

He looks a bit ginger! A ginger Bond....no way! He’ll be burnt like a crisp abroad! Ha ha.
  • suavejmf wrote: »

He looks a bit ginger! A ginger Bond....no way! He’ll be burnt like a crisp abroad! Ha ha.

Lol. It's going to be him. Mark my words.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Somehow I cannot stand Pattinson's face, nor his voice nor his demeanour.
    edited December 2020 Posts: 5,131

I’m not keen on Pattinson. I’d avoid a film with him in it.

The opposite to say a generic film with Roger Moore or Leo Di Caprio. I’d watch any film with those stars in it.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    suavejmf wrote: »

I’m not keen on Pattinson. I’d avoid a film with him in it.

The opposite to say a generic film with Roger Moore or Leo Di Caprio. I’d watch any film with those stars in it.

The Lighthouse is seriously good, would be a shame to miss.
    I'm not a big Pattinson fan either. To me, casting him as Batman is like casting Jim Carrey as Bond back in the '90's.
    Still, I'll reserve judgment if I ever see THE BATMAN.
    Maybe I just haven't seen enough of Pattinson's work to judge?
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I'm not a big Pattinson fan either. To me, casting him as Batman is like casting Jim Carrey as Bond back in the '90's.

+1.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

What about Pattinson makes him comparable to Jim Carrey?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I don't see the liking for Jack Huston. While a good actor, he doesn't come across very Bondish to me and is certainly not as handsome as some might say.

I also don't get the Jim Carrey/Robert Pattinson comparison. Very different actors with a very different career, and Pattinson being Batman just makes sense to me personally.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

I think a lot of people only associate Pattinson with Twilight, which is a huge mistake. Easy to make, though, as he hasn't really been in a lot. But he's great in what he is in.
    Jim Carrey was just an exaggerated comparison. He was pretty huge in the '90's getting all sorts of films.