No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    TBH I think both Wai Lin and Melina Havelock would've been better served by ending their respective films without hooking up with Bond.
    +1
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Denbigh wrote: »
    TBH I think both Wai Lin and Melina Havelock would've been better served by ending their respective films without hooking up with Bond.
    +1

+2. Served Camille well.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Film is an can, only that matter's.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Dan and Lea during production. Wishing someome happy birthday

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    TBH I think both Wai Lin and Melina Havelock would've been better served by ending their respective films without hooking up with Bond. Sometimes a strict adherence to formula hampers individual characters, and I'm glad that that won't be the case with Nomi.

Yeah I was just thinking that this morning: I don't mind so much with Melina as her and Bond do grow closer together over the course of the film, but Wai Lin suddenly kissing Bond at the end feels unearned- their respect for each other over the film grows but I'm never convinced that their attraction does. To the extent that when she's laying underneath him at the end it actually feels a bit out of character to me. She just kisses him because it's convention for that to happen in a Bond film.

Does anyone massively care about the love scenes? I was just thinking that when I'm watching a Mission Impossible film I don't massively feel like I'm missing out because I'm not seeing Ethan Hunt kissing every woman he meets.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    TBH I think both Wai Lin and Melina Havelock would've been better served by ending their respective films without hooking up with Bond. Sometimes a strict adherence to formula hampers individual characters, and I'm glad that that won't be the case with Nomi.

You are right, but Bond and Wai Lin had some attraction when they were on the bike, while taking shower on the street and when they were in her house, Melina is a different case altogether.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Ana's stunt double Mounia Moula posted this still. Rehearsal at Pinewood, NTTD pre-production

Miss Mounia

UFBmTvq.jpg
  • StarkStark France
    edited November 2020 Posts: 114
    According to Dalida's official website, the song "Dans la ville endormie" will be in the film (with new arrangements). RTL confirms the information.

https://twitter.com/RTLFrance/status/1328225141810192384?s=20
  • StarkStark France
    A limited edition vinyl will be available the November 13, 2021. The future new release date of the film ?

https://twitter.com/Dalida_forever/status/1317016382861676544?s=20
    I really hope it's not, but I fear it could be the sad reality...
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2020 Posts: 11,370
    QBranch wrote: »
    I didn't paint it.
    What do you mean it was the "second attempt"?
    It is the second, different photo of the painting that I have attempted to restore in photoshop, having to add in details, clouds etc. from the other image of the painting because it was either obscured or had light reflecting off the painting. I posted the first attempt here, though it was very low res. Anyway, thanks for thinking I can paint that well. :)>-
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Oh gotcha! Well thanks for the restoration! And I’m sure you’re a brilliant painter.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @NickTwentyTwo You have impeccable instincts.
  • Film is an can, only that matter's.
    That's hardly a comforting thought when you consider that we're all currently barred from seeing the film because of the stupidity of others.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Stark wrote: »
    A limited edition vinyl will be available the November 13, 2021. The future new release date of the film ?

Wrong date. It's out now, just in time "after" NTTD premiere... https://www.discogs.com/Dalida-Dans-La-Ville-Endormie/release/16216073

Video:

Now we've solved the problem, just have speculations where the song could be used? Maybe during the love scene in Matera's hotel room?
  • MalloryMallory Are you ready to get back to work?
    edited November 2020 Posts: 1,307
    Now we've solved the problem, just have speculations where the song could be used? Maybe during the love scene in Matera's hotel room?

I hope it is interwoven throughout the whole film, much like Barry did. Not just a specific one off scene a la Spectre.

Edit: Whoops I thought you meant the Eilish song.

I would say as background music during the Cuba party/bar scenes.
  • StarkStark France
    ggl007 wrote: »

Wrong date. It's out now, just in time "after" NTTD premiere... https://www.discogs.com/Dalida-Dans-La-Ville-Endormie/release/16216073

Video:

You posted the song from 1968 (duration of 3:08). The version of the film is not available yet, but according Dalidas's official Twitter the vinyl version will be released on November 13, 2021.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Mallory wrote: »

I hope it is interwoven throughout the whole film, much like Barry did. Not just a specific one off scene a la Spectre.

Edit: Whoops I thought you meant the Eilish song.

I would say as background music during the Cuba party/bar scenes.

Speaking of which, wasn't it more or less confirmed that Zimmer will be using the title song as part of the film's score, or am I mistaken?
    ggl007 wrote: »

Video:

You posted the song from 1968 (duration of 3:08). The version of the film is not available yet, but according Dalidas's official Twitter the vinyl version will be released on November 13, 2021.

Screenshot-20201116-213439-Chrome.jpg
    But in here the videoclip resembles the GB sequence. Maybe there was a mistake in Dalida's post. And the cover is the same

Give a look at this if you haven't yet
  • StarkStark France

That's the original song, the film version is not available yet I think.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 467

That's the original song, the remix has a duration of 3:32 and it's not available yet.
    Understanding this isn't the version that would be in the film (assuming it will be), it sounds like a song for the end credits capturing what will probably be the tone of the a bittersweet ending...at least to me...

Also, Google Translate of the lyrics, FWIW:

Everything fades around me
    When the city falls asleep
    I only live for you
    All these walls crushed under the roofs
    Are a decor

And the nameless streets
    That we loved
    No longer have life

In the sleeping city
    In the sleeping city
    Where I still watch

Silence pursues me
    I would like to populate the night
    It's just the shadow of your arms
    And your body
    The echo of your voice that vibrates in me
    Always stronger

In the sleeping city
    In the sleeping city
    Where I still watch
    Your love is not what you think
    It's a decor
    But a day will come
    Where you will know how to love me more

In your sleeping heart
    In your heart that forgets me
    Where I still watch
    Where I still watch
    Where I still watch
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited November 2020 Posts: 4,203
    JamesStock wrote: »

That's the original song, the remix has a duration of 3:32 and it's not available yet.
    Understanding this isn't the version that would be in the film (assuming it will be), it sounds like a song for the end credits capturing what will probably be the tone of the a bittersweet ending...at least to me...

Also, Google Translate of the lyrics, FWIW:

Everything fades around me
    I only live for you
    All these walls crushed under the roofs
    Are a decor

And the nameless streets
    That we loved
    No longer have life

In the sleeping city
    In the sleeping city
    Where I still watch

Silence pursues me
    I would like to populate the night
    It's just the shadow of your arms
    And your body
    The echo of your voice that vibrates in me
    Always stronger

In the sleeping city
    In the sleeping city
    Where I still watch
    Your love is not what you think
    It's a decor
    But a day will come
    Where you will know how to love me more

In your sleeping heart
    In your heart that forgets me
    Where I still watch
    Where I still watch
    Where I still watch

"But a day will come
    Where you will know how to love me more"

Hmmm. This is song could be about twisted obsession. I'm thinking that Safin plays this song for Madeleine.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Kingdumb of Norway
    This song is a good fit for Bond.
  • StarkStark France
    The first version of the song was in english but I don't think the lyrics are the same.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=gshKzMXx0Zc
  • StarkStark France
    JamesStock wrote: »

I first think of the romantic night in Matera but it would be weird to have a song a few minutes before the Eilish theme.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I like the song, it has this 60s vibe and will fit very nicely. I also liked Sylva's obsession with songs going "Boom" in SF.
    Now that's a Bond song.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=aABRf5QXaxk

The original is so much better. This sounds like something Sting would put out circa 2003.