No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

19629639659679681211

Comments

  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Posts: 2,476
    Stark wrote: »
    A limited edition vinyl will be available the November 13, 2021. The future new release date of the film ?

    https://twitter.com/Dalida_forever/status/1317016382861676544?s=20

    Wrong date. It's out now, just in time "after" NTTD premiere... https://www.discogs.com/Dalida-Dans-La-Ville-Endormie/release/16216073

    Video:

  • Posts: 292
    Now we've solved the problem, just have speculations where the song could be used? Maybe during the love scene in Matera's hotel room?
  • MalloryMallory Are you ready to get back to work?
    edited November 2020 Posts: 1,448
    Now we've solved the problem, just have speculations where the song could be used? Maybe during the love scene in Matera's hotel room?

    I hope it is interwoven throughout the whole film, much like Barry did. Not just a specific one off scene a la Spectre.

    Edit: Whoops I thought you meant the Eilish song.

    I would say as background music during the Cuba party/bar scenes.
  • StarkStark France
    edited November 2020 Posts: 147
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Stark wrote: »
    A limited edition vinyl will be available the November 13, 2021. The future new release date of the film ?

    https://twitter.com/Dalida_forever/status/1317016382861676544?s=20

    Wrong date. It's out now, just in time "after" NTTD premiere... https://www.discogs.com/Dalida-Dans-La-Ville-Endormie/release/16216073

    Video:


    You posted the song from 1968 (duration of 3:08). The version of the film is not available yet, but according Dalidas's official Twitter the vinyl version will be released on November 13, 2021.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,748
    Mallory wrote: »
    Now we've solved the problem, just have speculations where the song could be used? Maybe during the love scene in Matera's hotel room?

    I hope it is interwoven throughout the whole film, much like Barry did. Not just a specific one off scene a la Spectre.

    Edit: Whoops I thought you meant the Eilish song.

    I would say as background music during the Cuba party/bar scenes.

    Speaking of which, wasn't it more or less confirmed that Zimmer will be using the title song as part of the film's score, or am I mistaken?
  • Posts: 292
    Stark wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Stark wrote: »
    A limited edition vinyl will be available the November 13, 2021. The future new release date of the film ?

    https://twitter.com/Dalida_forever/status/1317016382861676544?s=20

    Wrong date. It's out now, just in time "after" NTTD premiere... https://www.discogs.com/Dalida-Dans-La-Ville-Endormie/release/16216073

    Video:


    You posted the song from 1968 (duration of 3:08). The version of the film is not available yet, but according Dalidas's official Twitter the vinyl version will be released on November 13, 2021.

    Screenshot-20201116-213439-Chrome.jpg
    But in here the videoclip resembles the GB sequence. Maybe there was a mistake in Dalida's post. And the cover is the same
  • Posts: 292

    Give a look at this if you haven't yet
  • StarkStark France
    edited November 2020 Posts: 147

    Give a look at this if you haven't yet

    That's the original song, the film version is not available yet I think.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 479
    Stark wrote: »

    Give a look at this if you haven't yet

    That's the original song, the remix has a duration of 3:32 and it's not available yet.
    Understanding this isn't the version that would be in the film (assuming it will be), it sounds like a song for the end credits capturing what will probably be the tone of the a bittersweet ending...at least to me...

    Also, Google Translate of the lyrics, FWIW:

    Everything fades around me
    When the city falls asleep
    I only live for you
    When the city falls asleep
    All these walls crushed under the roofs
    Are a decor

    And the nameless streets
    That we loved
    No longer have life

    In the sleeping city
    In the sleeping city
    Where I still watch

    Silence pursues me
    When the city falls asleep
    I would like to populate the night
    When the city falls asleep
    It's just the shadow of your arms
    And your body
    The echo of your voice that vibrates in me
    Always stronger

    In the sleeping city
    In the sleeping city
    Where I still watch
    Your love is not what you think
    It's a decor
    But a day will come
    Where you will know how to love me more

    In your sleeping heart
    In your heart that forgets me
    Where I still watch
    Where I still watch
    Where I still watch
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited November 2020 Posts: 4,287
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Stark wrote: »

    Give a look at this if you haven't yet

    That's the original song, the remix has a duration of 3:32 and it's not available yet.
    Understanding this isn't the version that would be in the film (assuming it will be), it sounds like a song for the end credits capturing what will probably be the tone of the a bittersweet ending...at least to me...

    Also, Google Translate of the lyrics, FWIW:

    Everything fades around me
    When the city falls asleep
    I only live for you
    When the city falls asleep
    All these walls crushed under the roofs
    Are a decor

    And the nameless streets
    That we loved
    No longer have life

    In the sleeping city
    In the sleeping city
    Where I still watch

    Silence pursues me
    When the city falls asleep
    I would like to populate the night
    When the city falls asleep
    It's just the shadow of your arms
    And your body
    The echo of your voice that vibrates in me
    Always stronger

    In the sleeping city
    In the sleeping city
    Where I still watch
    Your love is not what you think
    It's a decor
    But a day will come
    Where you will know how to love me more

    In your sleeping heart
    In your heart that forgets me
    Where I still watch
    Where I still watch
    Where I still watch

    "But a day will come
    Where you will know how to love me more"

    Hmmm. This is song could be about twisted obsession. I'm thinking that Safin plays this song for Madeleine.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Enemy of the state
    Posts: 41,656
    This song is a good fit for Bond.
  • StarkStark France
    Posts: 147
    The first version of the song was in english but I don't think the lyrics are the same.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=gshKzMXx0Zc
  • StarkStark France
    Posts: 147
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Stark wrote: »

    Give a look at this if you haven't yet

    That's the original song, the remix has a duration of 3:32 and it's not available yet.
    Understanding this isn't the version that would be in the film (assuming it will be), it sounds like a song for the end credits capturing what will probably be the tone of the a bittersweet ending...at least to me...

    I first think of the romantic night in Matera but it would be weird to have a song a few minutes before the Eilish theme.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Posts: 3,287
    I like the song, it has this 60s vibe and will fit very nicely. I also liked Sylva's obsession with songs going "Boom" in SF.
  • Posts: 5,678
    Now that's a Bond song.
  • Posts: 157
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=aABRf5QXaxk

    The original is so much better. This sounds like something Sting would put out circa 2003.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Enemy of the state
    Posts: 41,656
    Rossi wrote: »
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=aABRf5QXaxk

    The original is so much better. This sounds like something Sting would put out circa 2003.

    Very much agreed. The original is great, this is abysmal.
  • Posts: 5,678
    That remix is abysmal. Why would you do that to that song?!?
  • StarkStark France
    Posts: 147
    Rossi wrote: »
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=aABRf5QXaxk

    The original is so much better. This sounds like something Sting would put out circa 2003.

    Hope that's not the film version...
  • Posts: 157
    Stark wrote: »
    Rossi wrote: »
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=aABRf5QXaxk

    The original is so much better. This sounds like something Sting would put out circa 2003.

    Hope that's not the film version...

    Let us all pray together so that the producers see the light. Amen.
  • Posts: 1,199
    Definitely has a 60's sound because it IS a 60's song.

  • Posts: 151
    Stark wrote: »
    According to Dalida's official website, the song "Dans la ville endormie" will be in the film (with new arrangements). RTL confirms the information.

    https://twitter.com/RTLFrance/status/1328225141810192384?s=20

    Can anyone understand what the guy is saying, he seems to be explaining a lot of the how and why. That's my wild guess.
  • StarkStark France
    Posts: 147
    Someone wrote: »
    Stark wrote: »
    According to Dalida's official website, the song "Dans la ville endormie" will be in the film (with new arrangements). RTL confirms the information.

    https://twitter.com/RTLFrance/status/1328225141810192384?s=20

    Can anyone understand what the guy is saying, he seems to be explaining a lot of the how and why. That's my wild guess.

    No new informations about the film, he just explains the history of this song.
  • Posts: 778
    From a new book, nothing interesting howewer (seems even bad) : spread1_LANDSCAPE.jpg

  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,942
    From a new book, nothing interesting howewer (seems even bad) : spread1_LANDSCAPE.jpg

    Discover the 50 most iconic James Bond cars of all time in glorious detail with this 120 page, full colour hardback book. Featuring the greatest vehicles from all 25 of the 007 films, the book includes the latest cars from No Time to Die (2021), along with cutaways and extensive behind the scenes detail from the Bond Archive.

    https://007store.com/products/50-greatest-james-bond-cars
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 778
    Basically they recycle the old image of these old magazines that accompagnied car model sold in 2005 (!) :

    bondcar001_m01.jpg
    bondcar001_m0405.jpg

    Put the machine gun of NTTD (while ignoring other things of NTTD, like the rear mines), and that's it... And they called it a day... It was a good image for the time and GF (loved it back in the time when I was a kid), but a very bad/lazy one for NTTD.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 11,556
    Basically they recycle the old image of these old magazines that accompagnied car model sold in 2005 (!)

    Put the machine gun of NTTD (while ignoring other things of NTTD, like the rare mines), and that's it... And they called it a day... It was a good image for the time and GF, but a very bad/lazy one for NTTD.
    I noticed that too, from collecting the magazines. And you're right, the mines would likely drop from under the rear bumper, but no cutaway there, no sign of them. Very lazy, but hey - what is new?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,748
    Guys, I know this probably isn't the proper thread, but I was wondering if someone could help me gather/locate all the published magazines that have been on No Time to Die &/or Daniel Craig.

    Ever since QoS, I've been collecting magazines relevant to each DC Bond film, and unfortunately this year I've been slacking due to Covid. I need to play catch-up, especially since this is Craig's final Bond film, I want to make sure I can purchase as many magazines as possible on NTTD.

    If anyone knows of anything such as Empire, GQ, Total Film, etc., please let me know so I can attempt to purchase them on the internet (or in store).

    Thank you!
  • MalloryMallory Are you ready to get back to work?
    Posts: 1,448
    Hi @DonnyDB5

    I can only advise on the UK publications, but this is what I have managed to collect so far:

    7-B925-C13-B316-49-D2-B9-A2-1-D49-D992-A61-D.jpg
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Posts: 2,170
    Has anyone got the collectors edition of 'Bond Cars: The Definitive History'?

    Curious to see what extras are included.
Sign In or Register to comment.