No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Contraband wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    I didn't paint it.
    He meant the dog

:))
    Yes, the dog painted it.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Contraband wrote: »
    I didn't paint it.
    He meant the dog

:))
    Yes, the dog painted it.

No, that you painted the dog..

(never mind, this isn't funny anymore)
    New minor set picture from Matera. Allow me to explain:

Bond jumps off the bridge, landing on the first level, runs through a tunnel/doors on that level and finally kicks up a door and out. We have seen that briefly in one of the BTS videos. This is part of that tunnel set with the door they built near Matera. I was told the construction wasn't finished when someone took the picture.

3V0LDsE.jpg
    I painted that.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 847
    So, when a disgruntled employee will start to dropping leaks? It is that we are bored... (and it is not the 4 uninteresting mugs from the official store, that no one asked for, will come to occupy us). Need some excitement.
    The absolute minimum effort has been put into designing those mugs. I can't help but think they do it on purpose.
  • Yeah, I said the same thing last year. I’ve had enough of the same old rubbish everytime there’s a new Bond film. Maybe they’re told to say it.
    Me too. It's very lazy surface criticism that doesn't stand up to scrutiny when you watch a handful of the early Bond films, never mind the more recent films.

Wasn't the promotion for GE the first time that the line (paraphrasing) "We're not Bond girls, we're Bond women" used? If that's the case, this promotional aspect is at least 25 years old now.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Yeah, I said the same thing last year. I’ve had enough of the same old rubbish everytime there’s a new Bond film. Maybe they’re told to say it.
    Me too. It's very lazy surface criticism that doesn't stand up to scrutiny when you watch a handful of the early Bond films, never mind the more recent films.

Wasn't the promotion for GE the first time that the line (paraphrasing) "We're not Bond girls, we're Bond women" used? If that's the case, this promotional aspect is at least 25 years old now.

+1
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I didn't paint it.

What do you mean it was the “second attempt”?
    Bounine wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I have a feeling NTTD will be the only Bond film released during Biden's term.

I wouldn’t be surprised. I seldom give the Bond films much thought these days. They’re too few and far between. No point in even thinking about them.

I tend to think about Bond movies constantly. LOL

Still, when asked if Craig's replacement were cast yet, Barbara DID say there will be some time after NTTD is released, and afterwards they'll begin contemplating the future of the series.

That says to me: "Don't hold your breath".
    My hunch is we're in for a very long wait.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    TripAces wrote: »
    Per the article: "It’s the end of the road for token eye candy Bond girls, as Nomi redefines the Bond heroine."

I kind of beg to differ, here. Michelle Yeoh and Olga Kurylenko had already begun to redefine that role.

The journo who writes the article says that, not anyone being interviewed. I can't see much point in getting annoyed about it; it's publicity.

Also: maybe she does redefine the Bond heroine. We haven't actually seen it yet so it's not for any of us to say 'no she doesn't'.
    mtm wrote: »
    Per the article: "It’s the end of the road for token eye candy Bond girls, as Nomi redefines the Bond heroine."

I kind of beg to differ, here. Michelle Yeoh and Olga Kurylenko had already begun to redefine that role.

The journo who writes the article says that, not anyone being interviewed. I can't see much point in getting annoyed about it; it's publicity.

Also: maybe she does redefine the Bond heroine. We haven't actually seen it yet so it's not for any of us to say 'no she doesn't'.

I'm going to disagree with you about Nomi redefining "the Bond Heroine". Though I have not seen NTTD I have the feeling that, from what I've seen in the trailers, that her character will stay well within parameters of Way Lin. Also, Nomi's character does not fill the role of Eye Candy, like Jill Masterson, but is more like the role filled by Jinks. Basically it makes her sound like she doesn't know what she is talking about.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    delfloria wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »

I'm going to disagree with you about Nomi redefining "the Bond Heroine". Though I have not seen NTTD I have the feeling that, from what I've seen in the trailers, that her character will stay well within parameters of Way Lin. .

But until we see it we can't know.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2020 Posts: 5,834
    Although I'd say Nomi does have the edge because she won't have any romantic interactions with James Bond. While Wai Lin was completely capable and one of the toughest female characters in the franchise, the writers still offered a romantic relationship between her and Bond, whereas Bond and Nomi's relationship will be strictly professional, and they'll just be allies.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Although I'd say Nomi does have the edge because she won't have any romantic interactions with James Bond. While Wai Lin was completely capable and one of the toughest female characters in the franchise, the writers still offered a romantic relationship between her and Bond, whereas Bond and Nomi's relationship will be strictly professional, and they'll just be allies.

And no matter how strong Wai Lin was, she still got tied up at the end and needed Bond to rescue and kiss her.
    Maybe Nomi will need rescuing, maybe not, but as least -as you say- she won't need to be kissed by him. The potential for something a little more interesting is there.
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    TBH I think both Wai Lin and Melina Havelock would've been better served by ending their respective films without hooking up with Bond. Sometimes a strict adherence to formula hampers individual characters, and I'm glad that that won't be the case with Nomi.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    TBH I think both Wai Lin and Melina Havelock would've been better served by ending their respective films without hooking up with Bond.
    +1
    Denbigh wrote: »
    TBH I think both Wai Lin and Melina Havelock would've been better served by ending their respective films without hooking up with Bond.
    +1

+2. Served Camille well.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Film is an can, only that matter's.
    Dan and Lea during production. Wishing someome happy birthday

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    TBH I think both Wai Lin and Melina Havelock would've been better served by ending their respective films without hooking up with Bond. Sometimes a strict adherence to formula hampers individual characters, and I'm glad that that won't be the case with Nomi.

Yeah I was just thinking that this morning: I don't mind so much with Melina as her and Bond do grow closer together over the course of the film, but Wai Lin suddenly kissing Bond at the end feels unearned- their respect for each other over the film grows but I'm never convinced that their attraction does. To the extent that when she's laying underneath him at the end it actually feels a bit out of character to me. She just kisses him because it's convention for that to happen in a Bond film.

Does anyone massively care about the love scenes? I was just thinking that when I'm watching a Mission Impossible film I don't massively feel like I'm missing out because I'm not seeing Ethan Hunt kissing every woman he meets.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

You are right, but Bond and Wai Lin had some attraction when they were on the bike, while taking shower on the street and when they were in her house, Melina is a different case altogether.
    Ana's stunt double Mounia Moula posted this still. Rehearsal at Pinewood, NTTD pre-production

Miss Mounia

UFBmTvq.jpg
  • StarkStark France
    edited November 2020 Posts: 177
    According to Dalida's official website, the song "Dans la ville endormie" will be in the film (with new arrangements). RTL confirms the information.

https://twitter.com/RTLFrance/status/1328225141810192384?s=20
  • StarkStark France
    edited November 2020 Posts: 177
    A limited edition vinyl will be available the November 13, 2021. The future new release date of the film ?

https://twitter.com/Dalida_forever/status/1317016382861676544?s=20
    I really hope it's not, but I fear it could be the sad reality...
    edited November 2020 Posts: 13,879
    I didn't paint it.
    What do you mean it was the "second attempt"?
    It is the second, different photo of the painting that I have attempted to restore in photoshop, having to add in details, clouds etc. from the other image of the painting because it was either obscured or had light reflecting off the painting. I posted the first attempt here, though it was very low res. Anyway, thanks for thinking I can paint that well. :)>-
    Oh gotcha! Well thanks for the restoration! And I’m sure you’re a brilliant painter.
    @NickTwentyTwo You have impeccable instincts.
  • Film is an can, only that matter's.
    That's hardly a comforting thought when you consider that we're all currently barred from seeing the film because of the stupidity of others.