No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Contraband wrote: »
    The show is also a follow-up to the HBO series’ Band of Brothers and The Pacific that Spielberg and Hanks also produced.

Interesting. So is it supposedly set in the same universe as Saving Private Ryan?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited October 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Walecs wrote: »
    The show is also a follow-up to the HBO series’ Band of Brothers and The Pacific that Spielberg and Hanks also produced.

Interesting. So is it supposedly set in the same universe as Saving Private Ryan?

It will focus on the 100th Bombardment Group of the Eighth Air Force

Bond budget
    Deadline reported the series contains eight episodes at a production cost of over $200 million, while The Hollywood Reporter said it contains nine episodes at a production cost of $250 million. The website Footsteps Research reported the series would focus on the 100th Bombardment Group of the Eighth Air Force.

In October 2020, Cary Joji Fukunaga was announced to be directing three episodes of the series, with filming set for a March 2021 start in London
  • Contraband wrote: »

It will focus on the 100th Bombardment Group of the Eighth Air Force

Bond budget
    Deadline reported the series contains eight episodes at a production cost of over $200 million, while The Hollywood Reporter said it contains nine episodes at a production cost of $250 million. The website Footsteps Research reported the series would focus on the 100th Bombardment Group of the Eighth Air Force.

In October 2020, Cary Joji Fukunaga was announced to be directing three episodes of the series, with filming set for a March 2021 start in London

Looking forward to this one!
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited October 2020 Posts: 4,247
    I've always liked Band Of Brothers, as it's a nice war adventure...accompanied by a brilliant Michael Kamen score. So it's good news Cary is directing this. He might suddenly become the most sought-after director in the next couple of years.... coz I can't help, but think Marvel or DC might approach him soon.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Some of the reactions towards COVID in this thread make me frown and despair. I feel personally upset and offended because a number of close friends of mine have lost people to this dreadful disease. I've not seen them since December last year and it brings me down. All I've had to comfort them is WhatsApp and other various means. Yes, it's off-topic but the disrespect astounds me and I feel anger just bubbling away in me because I know people personally who have been deeply hurt by this and yet ignorance and conspiracy causes people to deny it.

Gotta say it before I'm accused of being some kind of government paid off shill. So sad. I don't know what to feel about it. I'm angry because I know they would give anything to have their family back...

Sorry guys. I thought I'd express it. Wrong thread. But it was brought up and it's been upsetting me since I read the post.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Not exactly related to NTTD, but found these new documentary online.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Not exactly related to NTTD, but found these new documentary online.

Oh good lord. They bring up the "slash wrists" comment and then cut to Craig saying "I'm pretty sick of it" at a premiere, which was NOT said in response to any question about playing Bond. Oy.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    I fully expect films being pushed back over and over until we actually straighten out ourselves and act responsibly. If we can’t we don’t deserve these movies.

This Plandemic was created with sheeple like you in mind. Bravo on falling for it!

Tell me which....
    00Heaven wrote: »
    Some of the reactions towards COVID in this thread make me frown and despair. I feel personally upset and offended because a number of close friends of mine have lost people to this dreadful disease. I've not seen them since December last year and it brings me down. All I've had to comfort them is WhatsApp and other various means. Yes, it's off-topic but the disrespect astounds me and I feel anger just bubbling away in me because I know people personally who have been deeply hurt by this and yet ignorance and conspiracy causes people to deny it.

Gotta say it before I'm accused of being some kind of government paid off shill. So sad. I don't know what to feel about it. I'm angry because I know they would give anything to have their family back...

Sorry guys. I thought I'd express it. Wrong thread. But it was brought up and it's been upsetting me since I read the post.

I didn't read any disrespectful post.
  • Walecs wrote: »

Laughable from Walecs that called me "an idiot" in March because I criticized his view that he'd rather infect other people and see NTTD in April 2020 than see it postponed. Over 40k have died in the UK since you called me "an idiot "
    PS I still keep your abusive email as a reminder of how small minded people can be.
    Broadway to stay closed until summer of 2021. Will movie theaters be any different? Eon and Universal were ahead of the curve when they first cancelled so perhaps it's time for them look ahead again for the future of NTTD so they can move on to Bond 26.

I guess you have not been on recently.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Broadway is a little different since it relies on the very audience that is inclined to stay away (older people who can afford $200 tickets, and tourists).

Cinemas are more egalitarian, if overpriced for the current experience.

I suspect Broadway will open last.
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    I fully expect films being pushed back over and over until we actually straighten out ourselves and act responsibly. If we can’t we don’t deserve these movies.

This Plandemic was created with sheeple like you in mind. Bravo on falling for it!

Tell me, which lunatic asylum did they get you out of?
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 2,594
    Anyone know who the kid Bond was chasing could be? Very strange...
    unknown.png?width=730&height=279

Also we now know that Primo's eye was already weird before Bond punches him up.

unknown.png?width=730&height=272

Waiting eagerly for that clip to be properly uploaded so that I can grab some good caps and hear fully that amazing OST.

Also we now know that Primo's eye was already weird before Bond punches him up.

unknown.png?width=730&height=272

Waiting eagerly for that clip to be properly uploaded so that I can grab some good caps and hear fully that amazing OST.

Yeah, the kid thing is strange. I like strange.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    This sequence has a very “Spaghetti Western “, Sergio Leone vibe to it.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Primo's bug-eyeing over the bridge gave me Mad Max 2 vibes.
    edited October 2020 Posts: 3,157

Laughable from Walecs that called me "an idiot" in March because I criticized his view that he'd rather infect other people and see NTTD in April 2020 than see it postponed. Over 40k have died in the UK since you called me "an idiot "
    PS I still keep your abusive email as a reminder of how small minded people can be.

Except that's not what I said. Back then you said that I wasn't entitled to complain about NTTD being delayed because "there are worse problems in the world" which is absurd as I'm entitled to complain about anything I want. It's a Bond forum, of couse I'm going to talk about Bond. Also I'm not ignorant about "world' s worse problems" since I weekly donate to associations who take care about environment and starving kids.
    Your whataboutism is a logical fallacy, hence you are an idiot for being illogical and suggesting that I don't care about worse problems only because I said that I was sad that Bond was delayed is frankly insulting.

As for "infecting other people by going to the movie theatres":
    1. I had already had Covid at the beginning of the year and I recovered, meaning I no longer had it and I would infect no one.
    2. Even I were infected and I infected other people at the movie theatres, it's only their fault, not mine. It's not like I'm going to someone's house and force them to breathe my own oxygen so that they can get infected. If you're going to the movies it's your fault if you decide to accept the risk and get exposed to the virus.

So really, please go on with your moronic statements you Mod Edit and tell me that I was disrespectful about dead people.
    Hopefully I'll be banned for using the F word so I will no longer have to deal with idiots like you who have to retort to logIcal fallacies in order to win an argument.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    mtm wrote: »
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Bond's hair colour seems to change. It is brown on the bridge yet greyish-blonde in most other scenes.

Good spot; that may well be intentional as I guess the Matera scenes could actually be set a few years before the rest of the film- he has started living in Jamaica after this (I think it's after anyway!).

The Matera scenes take place right after Spectre, 5 years before Bond in Jamaica. Fukunaga confirmed it in the Omega Magazine interview so it’s official.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    matt_u wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Bond's hair colour seems to change. It is brown on the bridge yet greyish-blonde in most other scenes.

Good spot; that may well be intentional as I guess the Matera scenes could actually be set a few years before the rest of the film- he has started living in Jamaica after this (I think it's after anyway!).

The Matera scenes take place right after Spectre, 5 years before Bond in Jamaica. Fukunaga confirmed it in the Omega Magazine interview so it’s official.

That's new information to me- I guess it's not a spoiler if he said it!

That's kind of quite brave of the producers: the first time Bond has actually intentionally aged onscreen.
    echo wrote: »
    Broadway is a little different since it relies on the very audience that is inclined to stay away (older people who can afford $200 tickets, and tourists).

Cinemas are more egalitarian, if overpriced for the current experience.

I suspect Broadway will open last.

The reason is, that huge theatre productions cannot make money if only performed in Front of a 30% filled house.
    They would lose money with every Single performance.

So while social distancing works with cinemas it doesn't work with commercial theatre.

All the big musicals here in Germany stay closed until next summer aswell, because of that reason. Whereas state funded theatres and theatres, that put on low-budget shows, re-opened here this summer.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    If I may ask a general question: Do theaters pay some kind of a rental fee for a film or do they simply have to report the number of tickets sold and pay a price per each sold ticket?
    I assume the latter - and if their operational costs (air conditioning, electricity, salaries) exceed their net income from ticket sales it‘s just cheaper to close the theater. However showing these classics again (I saw 2 myself and others reported having seen some, too) at least covers their cost because the share of the ticket price they keep is higher?!

Sorry for the slightly OT discussion - I am just wondering about this an putting it into context of the NTTD delay and what they could do in case they are allowed to stay open of course. I can only say I feel safe in my cinema and would go and see some Bond classic (DN, FRWL, GF, TB for example) there any time.
    SeanCraig wrote: »
    If I may ask a general question: Do theaters pay some kind of a rental fee for a film or do they simply have to report the number of tickets sold and pay a price per each sold ticket?
    I assume the latter - and if their operational costs (air conditioning, electricity, salaries) exceed their net income from ticket sales it‘s just cheaper to close the theater. However showing these classics again (I saw 2 myself and others reported having seen some, too) at least covers their cost because the share of the ticket price they keep is higher?!

Sorry for the slightly OT discussion - I am just wondering about this an putting it into context of the NTTD delay and what they could do in case they are allowed to stay open of course. I can only say I feel safe in my cinema and would go and see some Bond classic (DN, FRWL, GF, TB for example) there any time.

The theatre industry negotiates with the movie industry every few years and the theatres get a percentage of the gross take. It's been about 50% for a long time.

When cinema started studios owned a lot of theatres. Studios stopped owning theatres as they became distribution, marketing and financing outfits and they worked with separate production companies, for example EON is the production company and MGM and Universal are the studios. EON makes the Bond films, MGM, and this time around Universal, distribute it. But with theatre chains closing and maybe going out of business by November 2021, I could see studios owning theatres again - or the cinema industry dies.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Thank you for these insights - highly appreciated!
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Someone wrote: »

The theatre industry negotiates with the movie industry every few years and the theatres get a percentage of the gross take. It's been about 50% for a long time.

When cinema started studios owned a lot of theatres. Studios stopped owning theatres as they became distribution, marketing and financing outfits and they worked with separate production companies, for example EON is the production company and MGM and Universal are the studios. EON makes the Bond films, MGM, and this time around Universal, distribute it. But with theatre chains closing and maybe going out of business by November 2021, I could see studios owning theatres again - or the cinema industry dies.

Thank you @Someone didn't knew about this.

Both.

Theatres have to pay a fee for each screening, even when no one shows up. Depending on the deal it's $100 to $200.
    In addition they have to pay around 50% of the income, whatever is more (fee or percentage).
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Bounine wrote: »

Yeah, the kid thing is strange. I like strange.

I have one word for you. Tenet.
  • StarkStark France
    “He far exceeded anyone’s expectations. He’s made probably one of the best Bond films ever.”

Wow
  • StarkStark France
    But be careful Barbara also said Spectre is "phenomenal" during the Spectre promo.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Stark wrote: »
    But be careful Barbara also said Spectre is "phenomenal" during the Spectre promo.

And so it was.