How will WE dress during Craig's final Royal Performance Red Carpet Premiere?

2»

Comments

• MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    imranbecks wrote: »
    Get one tailor made. Show them a pic of mine or the Skyfall poster and they'll do the rest.

The thought had occurred to me, but as I said nobody is offering a size relatively close to my own figure. The alternative would be going bespoke, but I don't really feel comfortable with pouring that amount of money into something I'll be wearing once or twice a year. I had some dress shirts tailor made before, but working in sales they have proven their money's worth and have been worn to the thread. Unless I start wearing a dinner jacket to my new teaching job, I don't really see that happening...
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    For my opening night viewing, I am planning on treating myself (after a pretty rough year - understatement I know) to the N Peal NTTD Commando Sweater, as seen on the promotional material.

So will likely go in that. ☺️
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Commando Sweater was my thought as well, @Mallory.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    @RichardTheBruce I am having some building work done on my house, so am crossing my fingers it comes in £350 under budget 😂😂
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I was also thinking about treating myself to the N.Peal sweater. It would feel like such a triumph wearing it while seeing NTTD for the first time, especially after the year we’ve all had (not to mention the five year gap on top of that).
  • jake24 wrote: »
    I was also thinking about treating myself to the N.Peal sweater. It would feel like such a triumph wearing it while seeing NTTD for the first time, especially after the year we’ve all had (not to mention the five year gap on top of that).

And you can probably pull the neckline up as a face mask.
    Well, I didn’t meet my goals, so it’s probably the Tommy Bahama look for me. Unless we get another extension...
  • I'll wear my Swatch Q watch and a pair of black tracksuit bottoms and a dark blue sweat shirt.
    With a double setback in my personal finances, I've decided to just get myself another measured shirt and go for the blue Blofeld visit-look...
    no-time-to-die-daniel-craig-lea-seydoux-765x510.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2020 Posts: 10,586
    Something special came in today:

leu9bafgnxw6.jpeg
    jake24 wrote: »

leu9bafgnxw6.jpeg

You lucky b...

That's brilliant. Wish I had one. Had to make do with a "replica" made in Scotland ;)
    Univex wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

leu9bafgnxw6.jpeg

You lucky b...

That's brilliant. Wish I had one. Had to make do with a "replica" made in Scotland ;)
    Thank you, sir. Still holding out for the opportunity to wear it to see NTTD in theatres if and when that happens.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    That's pretty damn cool, @jake24

Make sure you get some nice poses out of that.
    That's pretty damn cool, @jake24

Make sure you get some nice poses out of that.
    Cheers! That’s the goal.
    MartinBond wrote: »
    With a double setback in my personal finances, I've decided to just get myself another measured shirt and go for the blue Blofeld visit-look...

In another turn of events, I've been invited to the premíere so I spent the weekend frantically looking for a tailor to get my dinner jacket altered.
    Apart from that, I decided to let myself be inspired by the grey suit Craig wears when he arrives in the V8, so I got my own grey suit steamed and pressed, my shirts done, my blue tie ready and my tie bar polished up. I can't wait, we're almost counting down the hours now!
    MartinBond wrote: »

I think I'm gonna try the DeoVeritas cocktail cuffs one. Did you have yours measured locally at a tailor, or ordered? If the latter, where?
    I only double cuffs for now, both tailor made. The first was from a small, local shop that has since gone out of business, the other is from SuitSupply. Price/quality is fine so far, and they have a wide selection in collars, cuffs, buttons, stitching etc. Time will tell if they'll hold up as well as my other shirt which is almost 6 years old now.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Loving the effort everyone's going to - what a splendid parade we shall be!

My local cinema is doing a black tie event, so tuxedo for me, but it's nothing special; purchased in Oxfam.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited October 2021 Posts: 972
    I ended up wearing my tux at IMAX yesterday as planned here a year ago :D

A pity about the mask, but its mandatory here in Singapore. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else wore.. Do share here.

51536124749_7d76a718fc_b.jpg
    51536330875_73525af3d5_b.jpg
    Black tie and cocktails at my local cinema, as well as popcorn and chocolate buttons.

FAjeWUtWYAIgFg3.jpg
    edited October 2021 Posts: 858
    I had a last-minute invite to the premiére, so:

a5b94993-772c-4efc-a634-ea76988106c6.jpg

For the midnight release screening and an interview for a newspaper, I got inspired by Craig's London outfit and went for my charcoal suit with navy tie and clip:
    b8db02ab-f46e-4480-b1e0-f26ed7417310.jpg
    Awesome, @MartinBond !

For our Wednesday sneak peek I wore a double cuff white shirt, with the navy Tom Ford tie and Benson & Clegg tie slide. On Friday I wore a blue button down collar with the Alexander Olch tie. And of course, my Omega Seamaster blue ceramic dial!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    51694433298_0c6228e862_o.png

Seeing it for the first time in a couple hours. I'm wearing my graphite NTTD T-shirt - the first one with accurate logo to appear on ebay back in 2019; Bond's SIS training jacket from Skyfall; Q's wristwatch, and taking my US 2020 popcorn bucket as I don't know if there will be any Bond packaging behind the counter.

Not wearing the Vuarnet Legends on the drive in because sadly, they don't suit me. Too angled on the sides.
    QBranch wrote: »

Seeing it for the first time in a couple hours.

Ooh, you'll be in there RIGHT NOW - I hope you're having a great time! I'd love to see it for the first time again.

Never brought my own popcorn bucket to the cinema, though I've sneaked my own popcorn in a few times.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Agent_99 wrote: »

Seeing it for the first time in a couple hours.
    Ooh, you'll be in there RIGHT NOW - I hope you're having a great time! I'd love to see it for the first time again.

Never brought my own popcorn bucket to the cinema, though I've sneaked my own popcorn in a few times.
    Cheers, I really enjoyed it. Got a chill up my spine when the gun barrel sequence appeared. Couldn't believe I was actually watching the film after all this time. The feeling was dream-like.

They had zero Bond packaging there, so I made the right decision by taking the bucket. Did you sneak in any dry martini popcorn?

Barely managed to get a quick snap of the bucket in front of the Land Rover commercial before the film started:

51695022933_a77119a34d_o.png

"ONLY IN CIN". Silva would approve.
    Cheers, I really enjoyed it.
    Great!

Got a chill up my spine when the gun barrel sequence appeared. Couldn't believe I was actually watching the film after all this time. The feeling was dream-like.
    I felt the same thing, especially during the gunbarrel sequence. Because they shot (pun intended) a new gunbarrel that I obviously wasn't used to, I felt like I was watching a fan-made video at first. Strange in a good way. The same happened to me with Spectre.

They had zero Bond packaging there, so I made the right decision by taking the bucket.
    Full of nanobots I take it.