No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @matt_u Many thanks, that was a great read.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    matt_u wrote: »
    Thank you guys!!!
    :) There you go guys, I'll upload a couple of pictures from the first 3 chapters NTTD related.

NTT is described as "a tale of loyalty and love. It is a reconciliation of the many storylines of the DC 007 tenure, a celebration of legend and life".

Speaking about Swann: "The complexity of Madeleine's relationship with her parents is revealed. "We get to understand what she's been through to understand more about her, let's say, issues," says Seydoux. Audiences also learn about her connection to the villain Safin. "Safin's backstory is tied to Madeleine's," says Fukunaga, "and there's a mirror between him and Bond. Here is somebody who sees himself not as a villain in her life, but as a hero.

Regarding our creepy Lyutsifer, here's a an interesting bit: "He's a product of an innocence that was lost very early in his life, and so he has difficulty in justifying what is right and wrong.".
    63dYbxH.jpg
    FE3M2RA.jpg
    jvQIAvA.jpg
    GA3Eia8.jpg
    pZ4XfVJ.jpg
    bOmPhJJ.jpg
    8XTlOXz.jpg
    DDOGzMj.jpg
    NKoWeHZ.jpg
    XxocCJ2.jpg

KING

:) Give me some time and tomorrow I'll post the interviews with Fukunaga, the costume designer and Sandgren. There is also a previously unseen picture of Waldo, if I'm not mistaken. There are also some incredible photos of Fleming at Goldeneye and a picture of Sandgren and Michael Wilson on set.

Thank you so much for your contributions to the MI6 forum community

Well it was a cool coincidence, I planned to go for the watch today but I didn't know about the magazine before yesterday!

That's interesting, regarding Nomi: "[...] She begins to feel compassion for Bond and soon makes a personal sacrifice on his behalf. "As the story develops she starts to care about him. You just see the compassion seeping from her."

Wow. Compassion for what?! A personal sacrifice on his behalf?

Seems like the route they take is more of a buddy cop kind of route where they start out warring but then slowly become very close friends who fight for each other. A bit of Lethal Weapon, perhaps?
    Anyone seen Gemma Artertom putting the hit out on Bond? She should be thankful that Bond is the reason she got any role in henceforth. Callous woman.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Thank you guys!!!
    :) There you go guys, I'll upload a couple of pictures from the first 3 chapters NTTD related.

NTT is described as "a tale of loyalty and love. It is a reconciliation of the many storylines of the DC 007 tenure, a celebration of legend and life".

Speaking about Swann: "The complexity of Madeleine's relationship with her parents is revealed. "We get to understand what she's been through to understand more about her, let's say, issues," says Seydoux. Audiences also learn about her connection to the villain Safin. "Safin's backstory is tied to Madeleine's," says Fukunaga, "and there's a mirror between him and Bond. Here is somebody who sees himself not as a villain in her life, but as a hero.

Regarding our creepy Lyutsifer, here's a an interesting bit: "He's a product of an innocence that was lost very early in his life, and so he has difficulty in justifying what is right and wrong.".
    63dYbxH.jpg
    FE3M2RA.jpg
    jvQIAvA.jpg
    GA3Eia8.jpg
    pZ4XfVJ.jpg
    bOmPhJJ.jpg
    8XTlOXz.jpg
    DDOGzMj.jpg
    NKoWeHZ.jpg
    XxocCJ2.jpg

KING

:) Give me some time and tomorrow I'll post the interviews with Fukunaga, the costume designer and Sandgren. There is also a previously unseen picture of Waldo, if I'm not mistaken. There are also some incredible photos of Fleming at Goldeneye and a picture of Sandgren and Michael Wilson on set.

Thank you so much for your contributions to the MI6 forum community

Well it was a cool coincidence, I planned to go for the watch today but I didn't know about the magazine before yesterday!

That's interesting, regarding Nomi: "[...] She begins to feel compassion for Bond and soon makes a personal sacrifice on his behalf. "As the story develops she starts to care about him. You just see the compassion seeping from her."

Wow. Compassion for what?! A personal sacrifice on his behalf?

Seems like the route they take is more of a buddy cop kind of route where they start out warring but then slowly become very close friends who fight for each other. A bit of Lethal Weapon, perhaps?

Yeah they definitely end up respecting and caring for each other. But... "compassion" that leads to a sacrifice? Perhaps it is related with Bond being in a difficult position, emotionally speaking, between Swann and Safin...
    and Mathilde of course.
    QBranch wrote: »
    @matt_u Many thanks, that was a great read.

Thanks, I'll post more!
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Because I'm an Omega customer, they usually mail me issues of the Omega Lifetime magazine to me with every new issue... So I should be receiving the NTTD issue soon I guess. :)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,554
    Anyone seen Gemma Artertom putting the hit out on Bond? She should be thankful that Bond is the reason she got any role in henceforth. Callous woman.

This? https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a33940751/gemma-arterton-james-bond-quantum-of-solace/

Eh. Not much here, I don't think. But she's probably right, in that taking a role like that can "follow" an actress. I don't think she's complaining about it.

But I have always found Fileds' role in QoS to be one of the great mysteries of the DC era. But that's for another time, another place.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    I have the full magazine now, from another source. 76 pages. But the text is not as clear as @matt_u version. It's readable but not the very best. What should I do?
    Contraband wrote: »
    I have the full magazine now, from another source. 76 pages. But the text is not as clear as @matt_u version. It's readable but not the very best. What should I do?

Yeah I saw it on Instagram as well. Tomorrow I’ll upload pictures of the Fukunaga interview and the costumes sections, that are the most interesting ones regarding the film, so it’s gonna be more comfortable to read. Unfortunately Sandgren doesn’t speak about the film. But if you have the full magazine I think people inhere would be glad to take a look in its entirely, even if the quality is not great.
  • jamesbond0007jamesbond0007 mississippi
    Univex wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »
    I found it on twitter. It's available on Omega stores... I don't know since when, of course.

We need an agent to find one and spy the secrets within ;)
    mtm wrote: »
    Nice, I'm sure that'll be quite the collector's piece. I don't think it's easy to come by as Omega like to be all exclusive.

Well, I gonna get it somehow.. Or at least photos of all the pages with interviews

Mr. Roark reporting for duty. I’m reading it now.

I Just stepped by the Omega store, I ordered the new NTTD Diver 007 Edition and I asked for the magazine. It’s like 54 pages, I’ll share the most relevant stuff. :D

Mr. Roark you lucky bastard ;) Are you really getting the new watch? Congrats! And yes, as if everyone didn't know already, you're a bonafide hero ;) Do get some spy shots, 00Roark. Cheers, my friend.

I wonder if he dumped 8,100 for the regular Band or the 9,200 for the other one ?

Yeah I saw it on Instagram as well. Tomorrow I’ll upload pictures of the Fukunaga interview and the costumes sections, that are the most interesting ones regarding the film, so it’s gonna be more comfortable to read. Unfortunately Sandgren doesn’t speak about the film. But if you have the full magazine I think people inhere would be glad to take a look in its entirely, even if the quality is not great.

Absolutely. Also, Mr. Roark, don't be shy about the new acquisition ;) Tell us about it. How does it feel on the wrist?
    From the OMEGA magazine hence the quality.

EBDG47T.jpg
    fKJAoeE.jpg
    nlo6E5T.jpg
    Cool. Thanks @Contraband!
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Ok, HOW do you get this Omega magazine??? I’m an Omega customer. Do I qualify??
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,948
    TripAces wrote: »

This? https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a33940751/gemma-arterton-james-bond-quantum-of-solace/

Eh. Not much here, I don't think. But she's probably right, in that taking a role like that can "follow" an actress. I don't think she's complaining about it.

But I have always found Fileds' role in QoS to be one of the great mysteries of the DC era. But that's for another time, another place.

Yes I'm not seeing the issue there; seems pretty reasonable to me.

I was in a small cinema bar with a mate a couple of years ago and realised she was in there too: she's pretty devastatingly beautiful in the flesh I must say.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I love Arterton and I think what she says in that article is very fair.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Ok, HOW do you get this Omega magazine??? I’m an Omega customer. Do I qualify??

They will mail it to you. Otherwise you can just go to any Omega boutique and take one. Yes its FOC.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,343
    A couple of news from the Omega Magazine:

- Lyutsifer Safin's heritage is officially part russian, part japanese.

- Moneypenny in NTTD is locked into a dilemma where she begins to mistrust M's activities and turns to Bond for help.

Here's a picture of MGW and Linus on set.

OLxJ6bd.jpg

Will you post more pics of the magazine like you did yesterday. The wardrobe part would be interesting IMO.
    BTW you're doing a magnificent job. Thanks @matt_u
    Will you post more pics of the magazine like you did yesterday. The wardrobe part would be interesting IMO.

@MattiaDeVarti007 Check your Inbox

There you go guys. Here's the Fukunaga interview and the costumes part.

Some interesting stuff here, Fukunaga speaking about Bond: "[...] and so we are exploring the most dangerous thing threatening the world and how is this guy, with these multiple layers of complexity, going to stop it? What parts of his shadow side are going to come out?"

It seems NTTD will explore the light and dark sides of Bond.
    G9tFa02.jpg
    rtt1i25.jpg
    RtfwlC5.jpg
    iszNKxJ.jpg
    MHWdOw3.jpg
    QYYnxpK.jpg
    MPZkuNV.jpg
    GCxutmg.jpg
    eBuyDMg.jpg
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I'm still ecstatic that Fukunaga directed this film...
    @matt_u thank_u
    @matt_u thanks for taking the time to do that! Appreciated :-)
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited September 2020 Posts: 469
    One more thing I've noticed in the trailers is where exactly the scene of the infiltration of the office/lab will fit into the script.

I've theorized that it happens after the PTS. Mainly for the following reasons:

It's logical. After the Matera PTS, we know Bond then goes to Jamaica. When he is there, he is almost immediately approached by Felix to seek out Valdo. Logic dictates that in the movie, for the viewer's context, we are likely to see something regarding Valdo by this time. We are also given a rest from seeing Bond, adding to how we see a 5 year timeskip of him between Matera and Jamaica. It would make sense that we are given a respite from Bond to really set in for the audience that we have moved on in time, much like how GE use its PTS for the same effect.

Another factor pointing towards this theory is the following:

unknown.png

The plane we see blow up Bond and Felix near the end of the Jamaica sequence can be seen flying over Bond's retirement boat in the daytime (note his yacht right at the tip of the left wing). I believe here we will see a shot of the plane flying off, then panning own to Bond's yacht as an introductory scene to where our agent has gone, physically and mentally.

unknown.png

This may be a stretch right now with our current information, but I believe this scene happens after Valdo is abducted or picked up. We even get confirmation that Valdo has the same case when he is with Primo at the labs as seen in Jamaica, as well as similar pants.

unknown.png

valdoof.png?width=721&height=299

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The car certainly suggests Cuba.
    That's probably the moment Valdo escapes with his grappling gun.
    That's cool, from the Lifetime magazine:

The DB5's presence in the final scene of SP allowed a smooth transition into NTTD, where the car appears when Bond makes his first appearance, driving an Italian coastal road with Madeleine, its digital number plate switching from the classic BMT216A to the Italian A426900. [...] The chase begins with SPECTRE agents giving chase in a 1996 model Maserati Quattroporte Evoluzione, a 2007 Lancia Thesis, a pair of Jaguar XFs and three Triumph motorcycles, one of which is ridden by the film's henchmen, Primo. Bond guides the DB5 through Matera's winding street, deploying a cluster of small mines from a secret compartment beneath the car's boot, which scatter on the road behind. With agents still clinging on his tail, Bond then drives the DB5 down a flight of steps before grazing it on a wall as he bids to slip through a narrow alley.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Nice to have confirmation of the numberplate, although I feel like it changes shape too! :)

Johnny English got there first though...
    johnnyenglishrr1.jpg
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Moneypenny in NTTD is locked into a dilemma where she begins to mistrust M's activities and turns to Bond for help.
    I hope they don't make M a villain...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Moneypenny in NTTD is locked into a dilemma where she begins to mistrust M's activities and turns to Bond for help.
    I hope they don't make M a villain...

They won't, Fiennes opposed to that when filming Spectre.