"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

GadgetMan wrote: »
    The months have been kind to Arsenal :)

Finally some positivity! We know Arsenal too well to get carried away by this though, but it certainly doesn't hurt for the club, Arteta and the players to see some results from their efforts.

Exactly, It's the carried away thing that Arsenal should try to avoid this season.

Indeed. I think it's important to have realistic expectations for the upcoming season. I hope they can finish inside the top four, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Yeah, the best is what one can hope for though.

Indeed!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Man Utd win Donny van de Beek transfer race despite last-gasp Tottenham bid
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-van-de-beek-22602419.amp

I will believe it when he is wearing the shirt
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-van-de-beek-22602419.amp

Indeed....mainly because of the Sancho deal that has lingered on.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

United are pretty useless when it comes to signing players, other teams just don't mess around like United do.

United are pretty useless when it comes to signing players, other teams just don't mess around like United do.

The same can often be said of Arsenal…
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2020 Posts: 2,353
    Lionel Messi can only leave Barcelona if €700m release clause is paid, says La Liga

Messi failed to report for coronavirus testing at Barcelona's training complex on Sunday; club president Josep Maria Bartomeu stated in September 2019 Messi would be able to leave for free before start of 2020/21 season

It's like a soap opera.....

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11833/12059667/lionel-messi-can-only-leave-barcelona-if-8364700m-release-clause-is-paid-says-la-liga
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Lionel Messi will not turn up for Barcelona training on Monday, with the forward no longer considering himself a part of Ronald Koeman's squad.
    What a drama!
  • MJH1973MJH1973 North West, UK
    edited August 2020 Posts: 36
    Any Liverpool supporters around? I certainly am. If so, did anyone see the 'Liverpool: The 30-Year Wait' documentary at all? A wonderfully, fascinating & at times a very emotional watch.

Available on iPlayer and worth watching even if you're not a supporter of the club.

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000m7l8
    MJH1973 wrote: »
    Any Liverpool supporters around? I certainly am. If so, did anyone see the 'Liverpool: The 30-Year Wait' documentary at all? A wonderfully, fascinating & at times a very emotional watch.

Available on iPlayer and worth watching even if you're not a supporter of the club.

I am a Man United fan so I will probably not watch it as will be too painful lol

Though Amazon have a new behind the scenes documentary series All or Nothing TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR which I will watch later, mainly for Jose and potential entertainment value.

I am a Man United fan so I will probably not watch it as will be too painful lol

Though Amazon have a new behind the scenes documentary series All or Nothing TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR which I will watch later, mainly for Jose and potential entertainment value.

That's fair enough, haha.

As for Jose, always thought that he was good value at one point. However, his act did start to grate on me and I don't enjoy listening to him. I can see why others would still enjoy though.
    edited August 2020 Posts: 2,353

I'm a Liverpool supporter and i watched the documentary.
    It was ok. 30 years has gone by so quickly.

Looks like barca are interested in signing 2 liverpool players, according to the papers.

Liverpool will demand at least £90m for Barcelona transfer target Sadio Mane, according to reports.
    Barcelona will have a "free hand" to sign Gini Wijnaldum once Liverpool have sealed a deal for Bayern Munich's Thiago Alcantara, according to a report.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Everton set to sign James Rodriguez (from Real Madrid) within the next 24 to 48 hours.
    Everton set to sign James Rodriguez (from Real Madrid) within the next 24 to 48 hours.

Wow! James have really had a Zig-Zag Career.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,353

Very true. He looked like a star player in the world cup years ago.

Very true. He looked like a star player in the world cup years ago.

Exactly. I thought after the 2014 world cup, he would rival Messi and Ronaldo...but it wasn't to be. I guess sometimes luck is needed, even if you already have the talent.
    James Rodriguez & Allan will have their medicals this afternoon before being officially announced at Everton.

Everton are also in final negotiations with Watford to sign Doucouré.

I'm a Liverpool supporter and i watched the documentary.
    It was ok. 30 years has gone by so quickly.

Looks like barca are interested in signing 2 liverpool players, according to the papers.

Liverpool will demand at least £90m for Barcelona transfer target Sadio Mane, according to reports.
    Barcelona will have a "free hand" to sign Gini Wijnaldum once Liverpool have sealed a deal for Bayern Munich's Thiago Alcantara, according to a report.

Yeah I've seen this. Wouldn't want Mane to leave, he has been brilliant for the club. Same with Gini but to a lesser extent. It's s shame we have to sell before buying, especially after winning the league.
    A total of 6 PSG players have now tested positive for Covid-19.

You see? I knew it!....I knew there was regret somewhere in Sanchez.
    Cry me a river, highest paid player in Premier League History you knuckle down and work hard and prove your worth.

Regret and a load of money!
    Sanchez attitude really angers me and many other United fans, I wish he had torn his contract up. lol

Regret and a load of money!

Lol, true.
    Lionel Messi has confirmed he will be staying at Barcelona for next season.
    Sanchez attitude really angers me and many other United fans, I wish he had torn his contract up. lol

Yeah, I think he allowed his good performances then, get into his head.
    Sánchez' attitude towards the end of his stay at Arsenal angered a lot of Arsenal fans too. Players as well.
    Lionel Messi has confirmed he will be staying at Barcelona for next season.

There was me we any doubt of that I don't think. Not surprised at all.