"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

GadgetMan wrote: »
    "Hello, Lionel? This is Mikel calling."

One can dream! :))

🤣 Indeed, @Torgeirtrap...although, like you and @Fire_and_Ice_Returns correctly pointed out, it's likely to be Man City or PSG for Messi....especially Man City for their passing game.

You'd think City would be a good fit if he leaves. If he's on good terms with Pep, even more so.

Brendan Rodgers rings Lionel Messi

:))
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    After announcing Ben Chilwell today, Chelsea is also set to confirm Thigo Silva tomorrow after his medical.
    After announcing Ben Chilwell today, Chelsea is also set to confirm Thigo Silva tomorrow after his medical.

I've lost count of how many players they've signed!
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited August 2020 Posts: 4,247

Honestly, Chelsea are bent on winning the premier league and other trophies next season.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

@Torgeirtrap They're still due to sign Kai Havertz from Bayer Leverkusen for about £90 million!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2020 Posts: 23,411

🤣 Indeed, @Torgeirtrap...although, like you and @Fire_and_Ice_Returns correctly pointed out, it's likely to be Man City or PSG for Messi....especially Man City for their passing game.

You'd think City would be a good fit if he leaves. If he's on good terms with Pep, even more so.

'No he's the one that tripped over and cost us the Premier League' that line cracked me up. :))

---

Credit to Chelsea they are not messing about and United continue to do nothing [-(

Honestly, Chelsea are bent on winning the premier league and other trophies next season.

The team they look to be putting together looks frighteningly strong!

@Torgeirtrap They're still due to sign Kai Havertz from Bayer Leverkusen for about £90 million!

Indeed. And they're getting quite the player too, that's for sure.

'No he's the one that tripped over and cost us the Premier League' that line cracked me up. :))

---

Credit to Chelsea they are not messing about and United continue to do nothing [-(

Some of these videos are hilarious! :))

I imagine United have a few signings that are yet to be finalised. Would be strange if they don't have.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2020 Posts: 2,355

It will be interesting to see how the chelsea signings perform.

They are

---

That's a lot of money for Kai. How good is he ? I haven't seen any of his games played ?
    They should have bought sancho as well ?

Abramovich can afford him.
    Paul Pogba and Tanguy Ndombele have tested positive for coronavirus.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Oh! I wish them quick recovery. I think they'll be alright.
    Eight Chelsea players are suspected of having coronavirus: Jorginho, Barkley, Emerson, Batshuayi, Mount, Tomori, Abraham and Pulisic.
    Eight Chelsea players are suspected of having coronavirus: Jorginho, Barkley, Emerson, Batshuayi, Mount, Tomori, Abraham and Pulisic.

Wow! This is not good. I wish them quick recovery
    That's quite a few players testing positive/suspected of having the coronavirus in a short period of time.
    Manchester City are offering €100M + Bernardo Silva + Gabriel Jesus + Eric Garcia for Lionel Messi.
    Arteta press conference ahead on Community Shield

• edited August 2020 Posts: 17,302

Don't think we've seen Arteta make those kind of poses before! :))

Farley is mad, he certainly exaggerates people's mannerisms and then some. 'Side Show Bob Sh#t' that must mean sweeper :))

Farley is mad, he certainly exaggerates people's mannerisms and then some. 'Side Show Bob Sh#t' that must mean sweeper :))

Or creating mannerisms that aren't there to begin with, haha! I think he got Arteta mixed up with Giroud!

I'm curious how Arteta will use David Luiz this season. Like every Arsenal player, he too improved towards the end of the season.

Or creating mannerisms that aren't there to begin with, haha! I think he got Arteta mixed up with Giroud!

I'm curious how Arteta will use David Luiz this season. Like every Arsenal player, he too improved towards the end of the season.

So far so good in the Community shield last time I checked.
  • edited August 2020 Posts: 17,302

He played well, scoring a penalty in the shootout as well. According to Arteta he had only been back in training one day.

He played well, scoring a penalty in the shootout as well. According to Arteta he had only been back in training one day.

Congrats to Arsenal, I did not watch the game how did Liverpool look?

I expected Liverpool to dominate the game completely, having had a much longer pre-season, but they didn't impress much. Hardly noticed Salah, Mané and Firmino.

I expected Liverpool to dominate the game completely, having had a much longer pre-season, but they didn't impress much. Hardly noticed Salah, Mané and Firmino.

I am wondering how much of a drop Liverpool will have after last season, there form after the restart was worrying to a degree with regards to FPL.

I am wondering how much of a drop Liverpool will have after last season, there form after the restart was worrying to a degree with regards to FPL.

It's difficult to use pre-season games as an indicator, but I am bit worried (FPL wise) for Salah and Mané. I don't think I can take the chance going without one of them though. The ownership will be high, and we're still two weeks away from season to start.
    The months have been kind to Arsenal :)

Finally some positivity! We know Arsenal too well to get carried away by this though, but it certainly doesn't hurt for the club, Arteta and the players to see some results from their efforts.
    edited August 2020 Posts: 4,247

Finally some positivity! We know Arsenal too well to get carried away by this though, but it certainly doesn't hurt for the club, Arteta and the players to see some results from their efforts.

Exactly, It's the carried away thing that Arsenal should try to avoid this season.

Exactly, It's the carried away thing that Arsenal should try to avoid this season.

Indeed. I think it's important to have realistic expectations for the upcoming season. I hope they can finish inside the top four, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Indeed. I think it's important to have realistic expectations for the upcoming season. I hope they can finish inside the top four, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Yeah, the best is what one can hope for though.