No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    I'm gonna guess that Logan Ash kills Paloma shortly after her fight scene. We're only seeing her in that outfit. I doubt she survives anywhere else beyond that scene.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    I'm Italian and can confirm Bond says 'Ho incontrato il nuovo 007' (I've met the new 007)
    Damn.

unknown.png

Seems like the reason she is so hostile maybe cause Bond is threatening her spot as a 00. I hope that there comes from that some good snipes at each other and some genuine banter. As much as I have fears of her character being used to make a Statement(TM), I also have hope that she is much more interesting and rounded in the actual movie, and with context behind what we've heard of her so far.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    jabali wrote: »
    Can anyone who speaks Italian or Spanish confirm that
    in the Italian/Spanish dub, Bond confirms that Nomi is supposed to be his replacement? (phone scene at around the minute mark)

Had someone point this out on a Bond discord but no evidence yet to back it up.
    As someone who knows very little Spanish aside from numbers and basic sayings, he does say siete, or seven.

That's about as much evidence as I think we're going to get for the time being.

I was trying to work out if Craig actually says it in the English version and his line had been edited (he’s not onscreen for that line so it’s possible) but the way he pronounces ‘oh’ makes it seem like he doesn’t. He also says it extremely coolly somehow! :D
    mtm wrote: »
    jabali wrote: »
    Can anyone who speaks Italian or Spanish confirm that
    in the Italian/Spanish dub, Bond confirms that Nomi is supposed to be his replacement? (phone scene at around the minute mark)

Had someone point this out on a Bond discord but no evidence yet to back it up.
    As someone who knows very little Spanish aside from numbers and basic sayings, he does say siete, or seven.

That's about as much evidence as I think we're going to get for the time being.

I was trying to work out if Craig actually says it in the English version and his line had been edited (he’s not onscreen for that line so it’s possible) but the way he pronounces ‘oh’ makes it seem like he doesn’t. He also says it extremely coolly somehow! :D

Maybe in English it's established beforehand that he knows she is 007 in a way that can't be replicated in other languages, so that's why other languages flat out say 007 instead of 00.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 3,164
    I actually think that's an edit with the 'you're a double oh' from the last trailer - listen to it carefully, that's cut and pasted verbatim I think. In some of the countries they must have taken the dialogue from the final version of the film without any editing (or re recording the dub), hence the slip up there
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 13,928
    TripAces wrote: »
    Sorry for sidestepping the current discussion on the trailer, but has anyone identified (what seems to be) a music book on this bookshelf? It seems to me that someone did, a while back.

image-asset.jpeg?format=1500w
    @TripAces Yep, it's the 'Lectionary Of Music' by Nicolas Slonimsky 1989 (hardcover). Picked one up for $20.

50304394157_538b97118a_o.png
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,948
    antovolk wrote: »
    I actually think that's an edit with the 'you're a double oh' from the last trailer - listen to it carefully, that's cut and pasted verbatim I think. In some of the countries they must have taken the dialogue from the final version of the film without any editing (or re recording the dub), hence the slip up there

Oh interesting; I'll check that out.
    The line does feel like it would make more sense if he said 'I've met your new 007' specifically. In five years there could have been a few new 00s but he's talking about one in particular. Plus Bond would always refer to the exact one as he had known them all- they don't talk about 'a double 0 agent' being killed in Octopussy for example: they say specifically '009'.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    antovolk wrote: »

I think so, because the Italian trailer features the voice of Felix's voice actor who died earlier this year and certain dialogues seem cut.
    Unrelated, I know, but does anyone have any ideia when will the Greg Williams Bond on Set book be available? And that documentary about becoming Bond? I mean, can we pre order the book now? And from where? And where will the documentary land? On tv? On a streaming platform? On the blu-ray extras?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Univex wrote: »
    Unrelated, I know, but does anyone have any ideia when will the Greg Williams Bond on Set book be available? And that documentary about becoming Bond? I mean, can we pre order the book now? And from where? And where will the documentary land? On tv? On a streaming platform? On the blu-ray extras?

Mark Salisbury's book is the official as far as I know.

https://titanbooks.com/70201-no-time-to-die-the-making-of-the-film/

Although Greg has taken loads of stills so his book should also be in the works. Ask him on twitter >> @GregWInsight
    My dear @Contraband, thank you very much.

About Greg, well, I don't have twitter #-o so I can't really ask him? Would you? :D Please? You being the top forum researcher and all ;)

Cheers, my friend
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Univex wrote: »
    My dear @Contraband, thank you very much.

About Greg, well, I don't have twitter #-o so I can't really ask him? Would you? :D Please? You being the top forum researcher and all ;)

Cheers, my friend

@Univex We can ask @antovolk to do it.
    I don't think Greg will answer me since I have posted many of his stills without any concent. I don't wanna wake the bear
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    QBranch wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Sorry for sidestepping the current discussion on the trailer, but has anyone identified (what seems to be) a music book on this bookshelf? It seems to me that someone did, a while back.

image-asset.jpeg?format=1500w
    @TripAces Yep, it's the 'Lectionary Of Music' by Nicolas Slonimsky 1989 (hardcover). Picked one up for $20.

50304394157_538b97118a_o.png

Awesome. Thank you very much.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 469
    https://discordapp.com/channels/347490823895777280/377873771014389771/751440776797618267

alt trailer a ton of new footage and what sounds like the hints of a zimmer score, analysis coming soon
    Blofeld's comment of 'she still loved you, did you know that?' is very interesting, havent heard it before.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 469
    photo dump of all new scenes from the alternate trailer:
    unknown.png?width=721&height=299

unknown.png
    A very pretty clip of the car chase across the bridge that we have yet to see official footage of until now.
    unknown.png?width=721&height=298
    After the boat explosion and before the boat sinks fully. Note that in the sinking boat footage from the second trailer, we only see Bond swm away. Could this be the end of Felix?
    unknown.png?width=721&height=306

unknown.png?width=721&height=297
    Finally, an official closeup of the ‘farm’.

Note Ash in the back.

unknown.png?width=721&height=304

FoxRox wrote: »

DEFINITELY Garden of Death ;) everything looks fantastic. I’m truly, deeply excited for this film.

which should of been the title of the film in my opinion
  • unknown.png?width=721&height=297
    what type of farm? is this the place where they cloning?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    @pattabra My guess is

Potential Spoiler
    Safin is cultivating some sort of plant or material, exclusive to the island he is on, that has been genetically engineered to “kill millions”. A bit like Moonraker (the film)
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    photo dump of all new scenes from the alternate trailer:

unknown.png
    A very pretty clip of the car chase across the bridge that we have yet to see official footage of until now.
    After the boat explosion and before the boat sinks fully. Note that in the sinking boat footage from the second trailer, we only see Bond swm away. Could this be the end of Felix?
    unknown.png?width=721&height=306

Finally, an official closeup of the ‘farm’.

Note Ash in the back.

unknown.png?width=721&height=304

That’s Primo behind Safin. That’s pretty much a confirmation that he won’t die in Cuba or throughout the Norway chase.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 850
    Somebody know what is the building (that bad guys abseiling/explode in the trailer) in real life? The location. (If it really exist).
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Soundtrack to be released Nov. 13th.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I'm Spanish. First spoiler is the same than in the Italian version: that Bond's line about somebody...

BUT, there's no second spoiler, like in the Italian version, about the name of certain character...
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,343
    So the Italians spoiled everything. I have to say
    Lyutsifer Safin
    gives me good Fleming vibes.

EDIT: Do we have any idea about this scene where Swann talks about Safin? Must be after the confrontation with Blofeld. Given her clothes could be Swann's place in London (?) but I never recall seeing Bond with that shirt.

T2qYiyt.jpg
    I think it's from the cabin where Madeleine grew up. If you look at the wall, the wallpaper is pretty 70s/80s in style
    Speaking about Felix I'd prefer if he gets badly injured like on the books rather than being killed off.

tXa0kdf.png
    Way back before the title announcement, one of the rumoured titles was “Eclipse”.

Well Steve Mazzaro, back in March, posted some bts photos of the recordings. On the third photo you can just about make out the recording sheets, and it sure looks like “Eclipse”.

So was that the title before a change to NTTD, or (more likely) the working title.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,948
    Did it not have a title by the time Zimmer arrived then? mind you I guess we don't know when he actually started.
    You have great vision by the way!
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    mtm wrote: »
    Did it not have a title by the time Zimmer arrived then? mind you I guess we don't know when he actually started.
    You have great vision by the way!

Zimmer was only announced at the beginning of the year. So NTTD as a title was already known (Trailer 1 was released in December).
    It did, but it could be used to keep the recordings secret so nothing leaked (?)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Wow, it does indeed say Eclipse. Good spot @Mallory