No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Contraband wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Primo wants in!

I’d love for the release date to be moved forward more, though I doubt it will happen. Perhaps we will see more marketing again soon?

@FoxRox I see signs of marketing slowly comes back to life again. I bet they are releasing the final trailer in a few weeks plus more stills, production vlogs, new banners and posts. DHL has already shipped a fresh cargo. Then we have Zimmers film score plus Billies music video. And the cast will start promoting (via zoom maybe) in october/nov om every damn talkshow.

That sounds great! I’m not trying to get my hopes up to be disappointed again, given how unpredictable things still are, but after everything that’s happened, just getting the film by the end of this year would be wonderful. A silver lining of sorts. I’m really looking forward to hearing Zimmer’s score. And I’ve really enjoyed watching all the interviews that have happened so far for this!

As of now it seems like they are going to show the damn thing in nov. But the pandemic can change everything again in a heartbeat. Like if there's a second wave in the EU, USA, etc. Time will tell.

I'm not sure we'd have a "second wave" here in the U.S., because we're still riding the first wave, which never really subsided. LOL
    This isn’t even the first wave. But wave zero.
    Really good news about Tenet @Mallory. That is incredible that Dunkirk made the same amount under much better conditions! I'm hopeful NTTD will stick to schedule then. The only thing that concerns me as mentioned is the worsening of the conditions of COVID, which could shut down theaters again. Given NTTD's ridiculously tumultuous history, I won't rest easy until it's actually officially out.
    Tenet is a clanging and banging action movie. Dunkirk is a war movie. Tenet should have more appeal among the obnoxious young male crowd.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    TripAces wrote: »
    Primo wants in!

I’d love for the release date to be moved forward more, though I doubt it will happen. Perhaps we will see more marketing again soon?

@FoxRox I see signs of marketing slowly comes back to life again. I bet they are releasing the final trailer in a few weeks plus more stills, production vlogs, new banners and posts. DHL has already shipped a fresh cargo. Then we have Zimmers film score plus Billies music video. And the cast will start promoting (via zoom maybe) in october/nov om every damn talkshow.

That sounds great! I’m not trying to get my hopes up to be disappointed again, given how unpredictable things still are, but after everything that’s happened, just getting the film by the end of this year would be wonderful. A silver lining of sorts. I’m really looking forward to hearing Zimmer’s score. And I’ve really enjoyed watching all the interviews that have happened so far for this!

As of now it seems like they are going to show the damn thing in nov. But the pandemic can change everything again in a heartbeat. Like if there's a second wave in the EU, USA, etc. Time will tell.

I'm not sure we'd have a "second wave" here in the U.S., because we're still riding the first wave, which never really subsided. LOL

Off Topic: Yeah I know. I'm following US news channels (not Fox) everyday. Dr Fauci and others on his level have said a second wave would likely come in the fall. Then again, it's still on the first wave.
    Lol. Imagine watching US news on your own free will.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Primo wants in!

Where's the film score? Did a snippet get released somewhere? :O
    Primo wants in!

Where's the film score? Did a snippet get released somewhere? :O

My post was a collection of what to expect in the fall
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    50289321176_630d86830c_o.png
    QBranch wrote: »
    50289321176_630d86830c_o.png

Cool. Where did that come from? Fukunaga's personal ID-tag? Either way, I'm taking a copy and cutting out the id-tag and posting on Insta

:P
    A gift from my mate Joji, in return for installing some optional extras into (winterizing) his old snowboard.
    edited August 2020 Posts: 3,018
    A gift from my mate Joji, in return for installing some optional extras into (winterizing) his old snowboard.

Ah so you are that close to the man. I see..

*walking away, with boiling red hot face of envy, jealousy, and anger *

(while to myself: Must kill QBranch.. Must kill QBranch)

:P
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

Ah so you are that close to the man. I see..

*walking away, with boiling red hot face of envy, jealousy, and anger *

(while to myself: Must kill QBranch.. Must kill QBranch)

:-O
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    that's fun, in the UK the Sony Movies Action channel next week are showing... No Time To Die! :)

https://www.ontvtonight.com/uk/guide/listings/programme?cid=69041512&pid=1070507&tm=2020-09-06+12:30:00
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    mtm wrote: »
    that's fun, in the UK the Sony Movies Action channel next week are showing... No Time To Die! :)

https://www.ontvtonight.com/uk/guide/listings/programme?cid=69041512&pid=1070507&tm=2020-09-06+12:30:00

Lol. The original one.

Haha. Contra, I liked your tweet. Let's see if the man himself responds.

Haha. Contra, I liked your tweet. Let's see if the man himself responds.

Haha.. Yeah that would be pretty cool.

BTW, sorry for not giving you photo cred. Not enough characters.
    UCQdYoA.jpg

Full article/interview with Rami Malek in GQ Middleeast, Sept 2020 Issue

https://www.gqmiddleeast.com/Rami-Malek-interview-2020-Bond-No-Time-to-die

All NTTD-related article text in the spoiler:
    And well, yeah: the next job is more than taken care of. Malek last year became the latest in a line of Oscar-winners to sign-on to a Bond villain role. No Time to Die marks a key moment for Bond: the franchise’s 25th film, and Daniel Craig’s final hurrah as 007.

While it wouldn’t be wild to assume that the invitation was extended to Malek in the afterglow of his Oscar win, in truth, he and No Time to Die’s director, Cary Joji Fukunaga, had been speaking long before the statuette ever came into the picture.

“Cary and I were talking before we ever made it to awards season. That was before the script had even been solidified,” says Malek. “We’d just been talking, having character conversations back and forth over the phone, sometimes in person. We had developed a really great appreciation for one another.”

The pair talked a lot. Like, a lot a lot. Over and over, the subject turned back to tension. What would move you? What would make your heart beat faster? “What would really terrify you, sitting in that theatre? What is one thing that would be surprising – something that would make you realise just how eerie and scary a situation could make you feel?”

Malek has always devoured scripts. But after experiences both exceptional and wanting, his desire to partner up with the right visionaries has gone from nice-to-have to non-negotiable.

“It always goes back to the basics. I almost immediately know if I’m excited by something, character-wise. As I’m getting older, I’m very much more considerate of director-driven projects. And the writing’s got to be there. The writing just has to be exceptional. I feel like if you have those two things – a great director and some really unique, special words on the page – then you’re already setting yourself up to win.”

By the time Malek was announced to be playing Safin, the film’s villain, writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge had at the behest of Craig been brought on to polish the screenplay, sprinkling comedic beats and sharp dialogue through the script.

“The world is very much aware now of how talented Phoebe is, and the unique voice that she has,” says Malek. “It really lends itself to a Bond in a new era.”

The idea of a “new era” of Bond has been the subject of tweetstorm levels of debate – the now familiar cries for progress and countercries despairing a “wokeness” that has supposedly infected pop culture. Nowhere has this debate been more heated than on the franchise’s depiction of female characters. Waller-Bridge says that she was laser-focussed on the film’s own gaze.

“It has just got to grow. It has just got to evolve, and the important thing is that the film treats the women properly,” she told Deadline in an interview last year. “He doesn’t have to. He needs to be true to this character.”

After all the build-up between Malek and Fukunaga – the phone-calls and the meets, the long, drawn-out conversations – when things got moving on production, they got moving fast. Malek used a Mr. Robot shooting hiatus to hop over to Norway and squeeze in a week of shooting. Malek says that he arrived to set having had less time for the exacting preparation he was used to. “That lent itself to an element of excitement. That can aid the creative experience at times.”

The notion of Malek as a Bond villain feels at once refreshing and stupefyingly obvious. But much as the franchise has had a need to evolve in its treatment of women, so too has it had a problematic relationship with race. In a press round-table, Malek was quick to swat away the idea that his would be a Bond villain rooted in outdated Orientalist tropes: “I said we cannot identify him with any act of terrorism reflecting an ideology or a religion. That’s not something I would entertain, so if that is why I am your choice then you can count me out. But that was clearly not [Cory’s] vision.”

It feels pointless to probe Malek for detail on the film. Besides being a patently unsportsmanlike line of questioning, the man is far too disciplined to crack under mediocre Zoom call pressure, and far too deferential to the creatives involved to spoil something for the thrill of it. He instead talks of Daniel Craig’s drive and presence, and the undying energy that he brought to every take as Bond, despite carrying the weight of a historic franchise on his shoulders. He glows talking about Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson, the keepers of Bond. But the outcome of the film – and the first chapter of Malek’s forever era – will remain unwritten until its expected release date in November.

You do rely on your gut for some thinking. And your gut says that Malek has the making of a Bond villain that could challenge even the most storied of the franchise’s history.

“You know me: I’m always looking for the very complex characters, the most complex characters,” he says. “It doesn’t have to be something where I’m transforming every aspect of myself to portray an individual. But I know that I need something to be pretty complicated for me to sink my teeth into it.”

The tension that he and Fukunaga cultivated will be familiar to those who know Malek’s work.

GpNiahQ.jpg
    3RQloJu.jpg
    CYK5JLl.jpg
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    UCQdYoA.jpg

Full article/interview with Rami Malek in GQ Middleeast, Sept 2020 Issue

https://www.gqmiddleeast.com/Rami-Malek-interview-2020-Bond-No-Time-to-die

All NTTD-related article text in the spoiler:
    And well, yeah: the next job is more than taken care of. Malek last year became the latest in a line of Oscar-winners to sign-on to a Bond villain role. No Time to Die marks a key moment for Bond: the franchise’s 25th film, and Daniel Craig’s final hurrah as 007.

While it wouldn’t be wild to assume that the invitation was extended to Malek in the afterglow of his Oscar win, in truth, he and No Time to Die’s director, Cary Joji Fukunaga, had been speaking long before the statuette ever came into the picture.

“Cary and I were talking before we ever made it to awards season. That was before the script had even been solidified,” says Malek. “We’d just been talking, having character conversations back and forth over the phone, sometimes in person. We had developed a really great appreciation for one another.”

The pair talked a lot. Like, a lot a lot. Over and over, the subject turned back to tension. What would move you? What would make your heart beat faster? “What would really terrify you, sitting in that theatre? What is one thing that would be surprising – something that would make you realise just how eerie and scary a situation could make you feel?”

Malek has always devoured scripts. But after experiences both exceptional and wanting, his desire to partner up with the right visionaries has gone from nice-to-have to non-negotiable.

“It always goes back to the basics. I almost immediately know if I’m excited by something, character-wise. As I’m getting older, I’m very much more considerate of director-driven projects. And the writing’s got to be there. The writing just has to be exceptional. I feel like if you have those two things – a great director and some really unique, special words on the page – then you’re already setting yourself up to win.”

By the time Malek was announced to be playing Safin, the film’s villain, writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge had at the behest of Craig been brought on to polish the screenplay, sprinkling comedic beats and sharp dialogue through the script.

“The world is very much aware now of how talented Phoebe is, and the unique voice that she has,” says Malek. “It really lends itself to a Bond in a new era.”

The idea of a “new era” of Bond has been the subject of tweetstorm levels of debate – the now familiar cries for progress and countercries despairing a “wokeness” that has supposedly infected pop culture. Nowhere has this debate been more heated than on the franchise’s depiction of female characters. Waller-Bridge says that she was laser-focussed on the film’s own gaze.

“It has just got to grow. It has just got to evolve, and the important thing is that the film treats the women properly,” she told Deadline in an interview last year. “He doesn’t have to. He needs to be true to this character.”

After all the build-up between Malek and Fukunaga – the phone-calls and the meets, the long, drawn-out conversations – when things got moving on production, they got moving fast. Malek used a Mr. Robot shooting hiatus to hop over to Norway and squeeze in a week of shooting. Malek says that he arrived to set having had less time for the exacting preparation he was used to. “That lent itself to an element of excitement. That can aid the creative experience at times.”

The notion of Malek as a Bond villain feels at once refreshing and stupefyingly obvious. But much as the franchise has had a need to evolve in its treatment of women, so too has it had a problematic relationship with race. In a press round-table, Malek was quick to swat away the idea that his would be a Bond villain rooted in outdated Orientalist tropes: “I said we cannot identify him with any act of terrorism reflecting an ideology or a religion. That’s not something I would entertain, so if that is why I am your choice then you can count me out. But that was clearly not [Cory’s] vision.”

It feels pointless to probe Malek for detail on the film. Besides being a patently unsportsmanlike line of questioning, the man is far too disciplined to crack under mediocre Zoom call pressure, and far too deferential to the creatives involved to spoil something for the thrill of it. He instead talks of Daniel Craig’s drive and presence, and the undying energy that he brought to every take as Bond, despite carrying the weight of a historic franchise on his shoulders. He glows talking about Barbara Broccoli and Michael G Wilson, the keepers of Bond. But the outcome of the film – and the first chapter of Malek’s forever era – will remain unwritten until its expected release date in November.

You do rely on your gut for some thinking. And your gut says that Malek has the making of a Bond villain that could challenge even the most storied of the franchise’s history.

“You know me: I’m always looking for the very complex characters, the most complex characters,” he says. “It doesn’t have to be something where I’m transforming every aspect of myself to portray an individual. But I know that I need something to be pretty complicated for me to sink my teeth into it.”

The tension that he and Fukunaga cultivated will be familiar to those who know Malek’s work.

GpNiahQ.jpg
    3RQloJu.jpg
    CYK5JLl.jpg

Malek really is very good at deflecting NTTD questions :))
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Cary Fukunaga on Instagram:

gbmvIGQ.jpg

?
    Marketing in full mode. Fresh still, japanese mall/cinema

PF6Zv3R.jpg
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Marketing in full mode. Fresh still, japanese mall/cinema

PF6Zv3R.jpg

Noice. =D>
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    ggl007 wrote: »

gbmvIGQ.jpg

?

What does the hat say?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Lol. Imagine watching US news on your own free will.

I try not to. It's a sh*t show here. Bond and NTTD are my escapes. (And EPL) :-)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    mtm wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »

gbmvIGQ.jpg

?

What does the hat say?
    "Make America Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor"
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Ah, thanks.
  • edited August 2020 Posts: 3,164
    The Twitter emojis are being reactivated in time for....something? last time these were launched were just before the debut trailer dropped in December and deactivated following the delay announcement in March

edit: from the sounds of it - new trailer attached to Tenet in the US from Friday.
  • antovolk wrote: »
    The Twitter emojis are being reactivated in time for....something? last time these were launched were just before the debut trailer dropped in December and deactivated following the delay announcement in March

edit: from the sounds of it - new trailer attached to Tenet in the US from Friday.

Be still my heart
    antovolk wrote: »

Be still my heart

I think EON is going for it!
    edited August 2020 Posts: 3,018
    007.com's server has some serious traffic now