I've never noticed that before...

Comments

QBranch wrote: »
    Thrasos wrote: »
    I never noticed those prints before--too busy looking at Sylvia Trench's legs
    50236113856_d1f010d5c7_o.png
    :)) Hilarious!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited August 2020 Posts: 4,554
    In LTK, Franz Sanchez's pet iguana has a diamond necklace...a definite allusion to another villain's pet. Either I had never noticed this before or I had failed to see the connection.
  • edited August 2020 Posts: 17,272
    Watched Where the Spies Are (1966) tonight, starring Sir James Bond himself, David Niven. It's also interesting to note that this film features five (official) Bond alumni: Paul Stassino, George Pravda, Bill Nagy, Reginald Beckwith, and Pauline Chamberlain – as well as CR67's Q, Geoffrey Bayldon*. As if that's not enough, M's ship prints also make an appearance!
    TzteIDy.png
    I56M9ZV.png

*There are also several other names that worked on this film that also worked on CR67 or official Bond films – the standout name being Robert Brownjohn.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    TripAces wrote: »
    In LTK, Franz Sanchez's pet iguana has a diamond necklace...a definite allusion to another villain's pet. Either I had never noticed this before or I had failed to see the connection.

Yes, that’s what Lupe is talking about in the final scene.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    mtm wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »

Yes, that’s what Lupe is talking about in the final scene.

I will have to rewatch that scene.
  • edited August 2020 Posts: 15,801
    Just noticed that during the fire truck chase in A VIEW TO A KILL the two cowboys whose hats are knocked off by Bond are driving a truck with the steering wheel on the right.
    Interesting I think the guy behind that wheel might have made a better double for General Gogol. On quick glance he somewhat resembles Walter Gotell more than the double used with Pola Ivanova earlier.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2020 Posts: 14,934
    Watching LTK on TV tonight.. how come, after he's rescued from the Hong Kong narcotics team, Sanchez's people have Bond's dinner suit cleaned and pressed, but they don't mention how his cummerbund features a hidden abseiling kit? :)
    Zorins investors : conspiracy to commit crime , terror financing , mass murder
    "Oh , but i didnt know Zorins scheme , i just financed it" , as if lol......many yrs in jail for those guys , wonder if they traced the payments to ZI ?
    Watching LTK on TV tonight.. how come, after he's rescued from the Hong Kong narcotics team, Sanchez's people have Bond's dinner suit cleaned and pressed, but they don't mention how his cummerbund features a hidden abseiling kit? :)

Because he gets other people to "Launder it!"?😄
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Mathis1 wrote: »

I always assumed they stripped Bond of any gadgets he could potentially use to escape, cummerbund included.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Mallory wrote: »

I always assumed they stripped Bond of any gadgets he could potentially use to escape, cummerbund included.

It is there on the rack of clothes he finds when he wakes up in Sanchez's house, though.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    In honour of Torgeirtrap's furniture spotting, here's a fun one from a 1981 episode of Doctor Who :)

Zorin-Traken-Web.jpg
    In honour of Torgeirtrap's furniture spotting, here's a fun one from a 1981 episode of Doctor Who :)

Zorin-Traken-Web.jpg

Nice find, @mtm! Are Doctor Who episodes made at Pinewood?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    No, that would've been made at BBC Television Centre in Wood Green, but I'm sure prop hire companies service both.
    No, that would've been made at BBC Television Centre in Wood Green, but I'm sure prop hire companies service both.

Of course! Didn't remember it until you mentioned it, but I think it was mentioned on an episode of Top Gear, that Doctor Who was shot there.
    I believe Batman and Lost in Space borrowed each others props
    Watched Carry on Spying (1964) tonight, one of the earlier Bond spoofs. As you'd expect, the film borrowed heavily from the Bond films, and even features locations and elements used in later Bond films. Eric Pohlmann (Blofeld) also makes an appearance in the role of an STENCH agent (the Society for the Total Extinction of Non-Conforming Humans). Coming out the year after FRWL, there are several references to that film, including the poster artwork and the unsuccessful use of a watch garrote. But there's more…
    The FRWL train carriages can also be seen in the film! Interior shots for Carry on Spying were shot at Pinewood Studios though, so it's not that surprising to see some similarities between this film and FRWL.

Notice the same posters in the train carriages. As we see from the images below, the characters in Carry on Spying are dining in the back of the dining carriage where Bond, Tatiana and Grant had their dinner in FRWL.

Oa5u7l5.png
    A5QuU7n.png
    F9oa7PN.png
    4WxVugP.png

Carry on Spying also features the Bodil Kjær desk, featured in FRWL, YOLT and OHMSS. Like Blofeld in FRWL, the desk is also the desk of choice of this film's villain:

HxkoBBl.png
    72iTNP4.png
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England

Ha ha ha ha!! So true.
    Can someone answer me this question please:

In Moonraker Drax’s oriental henchman is clearly called Char. However, in the credits he is named Chang. Furthermore, in the books about the films he is credited as Chang?

Anyone else noticed this? I wonder why?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    The decision was made at the time that although he is clearly called 'Char' but should be credited as 'Chang' as EON had heard rumours of a new technology called 'the internet'
    This technology would in years to come become something used by everyone on a daily basis. Even leading to 'internet forums' in which fans of the James Bond films could discuss with members all over the world, why 'Char' is credited as 'Chang' without a logical answer being available.
    Thus it's just EON messing with us fans. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Watched Carry on Spying (1964) tonight, one of the earlier Bond spoofs. As you'd expect, the film borrowed heavily from the Bond films, and even features locations and elements used in later Bond films. Eric Pohlmann (Blofeld) also makes an appearance in the role of an STENCH agent (the Society for the Total Extinction of Non-Conforming Humans). Coming out the year after FRWL, there are several references to that film, including the poster artwork and the unsuccessful use of a watch garrote. But there's more…
    The FRWL train carriages can also be seen in the film! Interior shots for Carry on Spying were shot at Pinewood Studios though, so it's not that surprising to see some similarities between this film and FRWL.

Notice the same posters in the train carriages. As we see from the images below, the characters in Carry on Spying are dining in the back of the dining carriage where Bond, Tatiana and Grant had their dinner in FRWL.

Oa5u7l5.png
    A5QuU7n.png
    F9oa7PN.png
    4WxVugP.png

Carry on Spying also features the Bodil Kjær desk, featured in FRWL, YOLT and OHMSS. Like Blofeld in FRWL, the desk is also the desk of choice of this film's villain:

HxkoBBl.png
    72iTNP4.png

Another amazing catch.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Benny wrote: »
    The decision was made at the time that although he is clearly called 'Char' but should be credited as 'Chang' as EON had heard rumours of a new technology called 'the internet'
    This technology would in years to come become something used by everyone on a daily basis. Even leading to 'internet forums' in which fans of the James Bond films could discuss with members all over the world, why 'Char' is credited as 'Chang' without a logical answer being available.

Also, why is he called Chang when he's Japanese?

Ha ha!
    echo wrote: »

Also, why is he called Chang when he's Japanese?

I didn’t know that either!

Oa5u7l5.png
    A5QuU7n.png
    F9oa7PN.png
    4WxVugP.png

HxkoBBl.png
    72iTNP4.png

Another amazing catch.

It was a very fun catch! The film was a bit of a bore though…

Oa5u7l5.png
    A5QuU7n.png
    F9oa7PN.png
    4WxVugP.png

HxkoBBl.png
    72iTNP4.png

Another amazing catch.

Never seen any of the Carry On films.

Oa5u7l5.png
    A5QuU7n.png
    F9oa7PN.png
    4WxVugP.png

HxkoBBl.png
    72iTNP4.png

Another amazing catch.

Me neither before this one. And there are a lot of them!

Oa5u7l5.png
    A5QuU7n.png
    F9oa7PN.png
    4WxVugP.png

HxkoBBl.png
    72iTNP4.png

Another amazing catch.

Might I suggest you start with 'Carry On Up the Khyber!' Funniest one for me!
    Thanks for the suggestions. If it pops up somewhere I will give it a try.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

Oa5u7l5.png
    A5QuU7n.png
    F9oa7PN.png
    4WxVugP.png

HxkoBBl.png
    72iTNP4.png

Another amazing catch.

Might I suggest you start with 'Carry On Up the Khyber!' Funniest one for me!

You beat me to it mate!

I'd also recommend Carry On Screaming :D