No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    I don't know the origins of the name 'Primo' but in Aus it's a brand of salami so my mind instantly thinks Italian, but Dali Benssalah is French Algerian like Vesper's ex. And seeing as they're hell bent on tying up "loose ends" it would make sense if he's somehow related/relevant to the Vesper. He could have escaped and been recast, or got a facelift like Safin. Or they're really doubling down on the whole brother angle, and he's the ex's brother wanting revenge.

To me anyway, Primo just seems so random as a character on his own (especially his 80/90s wardrobe). And as they feel the unnecessary need to connect everything, he must be connected/related to someone we've met before.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I just hope he doesn't get offed too soon. (P.S: Don't tell the answer)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Denbigh wrote: »

I know I know I know...

:D :))
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    matt_u wrote: »
    The last picture is 100% from the PTS so the woman cannot be Swann. Safin’s mask isn’t broken yet so it’s definitely from the very beginning of the sequence before the fight that leads to break the mask and Swann escaping and falling in the lake.

Correct. The jacket is the same--including the loop and buttons.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Contraband wrote: »

I know I know I know...

Haha I know I might catch it at some point but I'm just trying not to look for things :D
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    I don't know the origins of the name 'Primo' but in Aus it's a brand of salami so my mind instantly thinks Italian, but Dali Benssalah is French Algerian like Vesper's ex. And seeing as they're hell bent on tying up "loose ends" it would make sense if he's somehow related/relevant to the Vesper. He could have escaped and been recast, or got a facelift like Safin. Or they're really doubling down on the whole brother angle, and he's the ex's brother wanting revenge.

To me anyway, Primo just seems so random as a character on his own (especially his 80/90s wardrobe). And as they feel the unnecessary need to connect everything, he must be connected/related to someone we've met before.

Could he have some connection to Swann, like ex-boyfriend, or maybe it's just as simple as him being Safin's main footsoldier?

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2020 Posts: 5,834
    Again I would be into Primo being Safin's brother or summin'.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Another little thought on the beginning:

I may be wrong, but I think that the Norway scene will happen and will be part of a flashback Madeleine has while submerged in the water at the Cave of Poetry. The above callsheet you gave me states that on Scene 16:

Madeleine has a vision of Safin, Bond sense something is off

While another states that:

Madeleine surfaces to respond to Bond

Which would mean that Madeleine was underwater when she has the vision of Safin.

Knowing that the girl under the ice in the PTS is shot at by Safin while submerged, would this be a memory triggered in Madeleine by being underwater? And would this mean the PTS incorporates elements of the Matera timeline and the Norway timeline together? I don't remember the articles, so please correct me if it's already been stated that the PTS happens entirely in the Norway past.

However, I think this basically proves, beyond doubt, the girl in the PTS is Madeleine. Despite already having tons of proof, this is yet another thing pointing towards the fact that the girl in the rainbow coat is her. I've still been hearing people say that it isn't her in the PTS as a child, but I think that the leaked callsheet adds further evidence that is is Madeleine in the PTS.

Producers have said that it begins with Safin in Norway and at the cabin. And we know that the girl is young Madeleine. Then we have Bond and adult Swann swimming and it's a very good theory on your part with memory triggered/reliving her trauma with Safin/frozen lake scenes.

From a narrative/cinematic standpoint, this makes perfect sense. I am still surprised, however, that we will live inside a supporting character's head. This has never happened before in a Bond film. But there's a first time for everything.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

If they do off him, it's going to be hard to top '... Shit!'

... maybe he's Hinx jnr. with a message from his presumably now even more mute brother.

I know I know I know...

Haha I know I might catch it at some point but I'm just trying not to look for things :D

I have the pic moment if you wanna see/know? It's actually a official BTS still by Greg W.

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I believe Primo will be just a Patrice kind of character with slightly more screen time, perhaps. A SPECTRE agent loyal to Safin and that’s it. I think he survives Matera but do we know if he’s part of the Norway scenes?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

I know I know I know...

I have the pic moment if you wanna see/know? It's actually a official BTS still by Greg W.
    I'm ok thank you though :)
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 440

I know I know I know...

I would. If that's alright with you.

I know I know I know...

I would as well
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I practically speculated the same thing @phantomvices said some time ago in the ajb007forum as already said.
    Here's the link: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/50732/bond-25-spoiler-news/page/100/ (posts 2494/95/96). Give it a reading to see if it could more or less work!

Wow! This sounds right on the money.

Quick question regarding this: how much do we know is true, how much is most likely true and how much is pure speculation and fan w*nk? Because, while I love a lot of it, there are one thing or two that I honestly find far worse than the Brothergate, in fact at the level of DAD bad (
    in other words, the cloning bit
    ).
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Is it possible that Primo isn't some random goon, but Vesper's ex?

Primo is Yusef's cousin. He joined SPECTRE with the sole objective of avenging Yusef's incarceration by bringing more pain to Bond.

I know I know I know...

I would. If that's alright with you.

Here you go @TheBondFan & @AKillToAView

SPOILER
    Bond fighting with Primo. And in the first image which is a screengrab from Carys BTS-vlog you can see Bond loosing his tie and probably throws it to the ground. And not seen here, he keeps on fighting Primo, throwing punches, etc

But in the second - and official BTS-still by Greg - you can see Bond strangeling Primo and it looks like he's using his tie now. At least that's what I see

xMyTnRY.jpg
    7Q0eknF.jpg

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Ok @Contraband I bit the bullet and decided to look. Even though I think what you're describing is correct...
    I believe we've seen behind the scenes pictures of Primo dressed for Cuba, and I think it's him who helps kidnap the scientist in a sequence which I imagine will follow the title sequence, so I think he survives Matera.
    Ok @Contraband I bit the bullet and decided to look. Even though I think what you're describing is correct...
    I believe we've seen behind the scenes pictures of Primo dressed for Cuba, and I think it's him who helps kidnap the scientist in a sequence which I imagine will follow the title sequence, so I think he survives Matera.

@Denbigh
    I'm not saying Primo dies here even if it looks that way. And I know we have that brief break-in scene in the lab with someone that looks like Primo.

I have not seen him in the Cuba-scenes at all. Been checking every screengrab and BTS still from Havana.

• DenbighDenbigh UK

@Denbigh
    I'm not saying Primo dies here even if it looks that way. And I know we have that brief break-in scene in the lab with someone that looks like Primo.

I have not seen him in the Cuba-scenes at all. Been checking every screengrab and BTS still from Havana.
    Oh my bad I thought that's what you were hinting at earlier...
    Also this is the picture I was talking about. Him in a suit from Eliot Sumner's Instagram that I remember someone posting months ago, back when we were speculating more, and we all assumed it was for the Cuban sequence, as it seems the only time we'd get all these characters dressed up.

@Denbigh

Oh my bad I thought that's what you were hinting at earlier...
    Also this is the picture I was talking about. Him in a suit from Eliot Sumner's Instagram that I remember someone posting months ago, back when we were speculating more, and we all assumed it was for the Cuban sequence, as it seems the only time we'd get all these characters dressed up.

Damn you're right here. Forgot about that still.
    Him in tuxedo must be at the Spectre event in Havana. So he must survive Bonds attack in Matera - flash forward to Havana, he pops up at the event and cue the cuban mayhem

*getting a headache*

Thanks @Contraband
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited July 2020 Posts: 8,009
    So, forgive me if this has already been mentioned or speculated, but...
    Would it be fair to suggest then that Primo has nothing to do with Safin, then? Instead, he is a Spectre operative, sent to Matera to kill Bond and Swann in retaliation for them being responsible for Blofeld's capture, and he then in turn happens to be one of the victims of Safin's gassy entrance at the party?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Would it be fair to suggest then that Primo has nothing to do with Safin, then? Instead, he is a Spectre operative, sent to Matera to kill Bond and Swann in retaliation for them being responsible for Blofeld's demise, and he then in turn happens to be one of the victims of Safin's gassy entrance at the party?
    That could be the case...
    ...or maybe he is just secretly working for him the whole time and is the one who helps gas the event before being taken out by Nomi or 007, or he survives. Someone still within the organisation would be quite helpful to Safin I imagine.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 440
    Would it be fair to suggest then that Primo has nothing to do with Safin, then? Instead, he is a Spectre operative, sent to Matera to kill Bond and Swann in retaliation for them being responsible for Blofeld's capture, and he then in turn happens to be one of the victims of Safin's gassy entrance at the party?

That seems entirely plausible. Especially since, unless I'm remembering wrongly, we haven't had any actual confirmation that he works for Safin.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think one of the good things about this film that I've noticed already is that it's packed with so much (in a good way) that even with so much, it's still hard to figure out. We haven't had that in a while. Skyfall, and even without the leaks, Spectre was quite easy to piece together. I don't think a single moment is gonna be wasted in No Time to Die.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    It seems like China's cinemas are slowly starting to open again:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53468302

Cinemas that reopen will be subject to a strict set of rules, including screenings being limited to 30% capacity and the number of movies shown at a venue capped at 50% of its previous volume.
    Plus they won’t show movies longer than 2 hours.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

That seems entirely plausible. Especially since, unless I'm remembering wrongly, we haven't had any actual confirmation that he works for Safin.

Yes, I don't recall hearing anything about that either. However, if it's Spectre and not Safin's group that attack Bond and Swann in Matera, Bond must have been feeling very paranoid if he has a go at Madeleine because of it!
    Since the Matera sequences take place 5 years before the main plot with the Russian scientist being kidnapped etc etc and basically right after the end of SP I find it more plausible that Bond and Swann are attacked by a SPECTRE group in order to take revenge over the fallout of Blofeld’s plans in the previous film.