No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    @matt_u The airfield/cargo plane scenes was shot in the UK along with Nomis Superleggera while the Valhalla was seen in Scotland even if it's just parked in the final edit.

The Land Cruiser chase plays out in Norway (with half of the chase shot in Scotland for practical reasons). We know Safin is russian, we have cars with russian number plates and the bunker wall has russian text but I can't find anywhere that his base is located in Far East Russia. We only know it is on a remote island somewhere (arial/location shots of Faroe Islands).

Hiding the rest so I don't get yelled at:
    One possible entry to his lair would be from that volcanic beach (filmed in Maratea, Italy) with Swann, Matilde and Nomi. And she takes them in a rib boat to safety

Lisa-Dorah Sonnet's (Matilde) italian look-alike is named Allegra, and not a stunt-double but picture double. Big diff :P

The V8 Vantage does not get destroyed in the woods. Why? The call sheet says scene 253 with Swann driving the V8 into a tunnel in Matera with Matilde by her side. And she's gonna tell Matilde a story. And 253 must be the final scene almost

DarthDimi wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    The_Return wrote: »
    Very true. Fortunately MI6-HQ is more often wrong than not these days, so this article is likely incorrect.

How cute, @The_Return. Why don't you educate us then in your infinite wisdom? After all, you're that person who builds a case on "Barbara Broccoli is soooooo in love with Daniel Craig."

Also, if people are losing excitement, then so be it. No-one wanted this epidemic, least of all the filmmakers. But they won't release a film when cinemas only draw 5 or 10% of their usual attendances. Furthermore, a film that no-one's seen yet can easily be shelved for many years and still remain fresh. If SF were released today, it'd still blow our minds away.

This isn't the studio's fault and suggesting they are being punished this way for their delays over the past years is as moronic as Jesus people saying the virus was released on us by a punishing god.

If you'd only been here a few weeks sooner, you and former member @PanchitoPistoles could've hung out together. Your attacks on EON, Barbara Broccoli and this website are remarkably similar.

Sometimes they come back...

Surely @PanchitoPistoles wouldn't do that? His ego couldn't take it. Crawling back to a very place that flogged his membership to death after his maniacal refusal to stop all those angry tirades, which were his only contributions here? That would be low, even by his standards. ;-)

@The_Return has about as much subtlety as an earthquake.....He may as well call himself 'Panchito 2: This Time it's Personal.' A soon to be masterpiece directed by the great Danny Boyle........😬

giphy.gif

madsincar1.jpg

madsncar2.jpg

Looks like Madeline is wearing the same jacket as this one in those shots:

71154930.jpg?imageId=71154930&x=0&y=7.461095890411&cropw=100&croph=80.684931506849&width=980&height=590

Edit: Re. the doll in the backseat; didn't see it before just now, but if you zoom in a bit and look just above the head of the stand-in actress:

nVdh135.png

I'm curious about where Bond and Madeleine have been. I know there was a story from Mark Tildesley that they return to Madeleine's chalet. I even think there was a set photo of a rebuild cabin in Scotland. Right @Contraband ?

In which case, is this scene set in Madeleine's old home? Perhaps Bond getting the head's up that Safin is on to him. Maybe Bond steals that ugly duster coat from Mr White's wardrobe. The wood paneling seems to match with the Empire photo.

8kzdxttl.jpg

Wasn't there also a rumour that Madeleine's mother appeared in the film?!? We have heard no casting news. Do we think they'll try and sneak in a cameo from an older French actress or something?

Yes, correct with the rebuild of the cabin but they did that in UK. I think it was Swinley Forest Buttersteep South which is the same woods they filmed the foot chase in
    [/quote]Wasn't there also a rumour that Madeleine's mother appeared in the film?!? We have heard no casting news. Do we think they'll try and sneak in a cameo from an older French actress or something? [/quote]

Maybe Carol Bouquet?!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Contraband wrote: »
    @matt_u The airfield/cargo plane scenes was shot in the UK along with Nomis Superleggera while the Valhalla was seen in Scotland even if it's just parked in the final edit.

The Land Cruiser chase plays out in Norway (with half of the chase shot in Scotland for practical reasons). We know Safin is russian, we have cars with russian number plates and the bunker wall has russian text but I can't find anywhere that his base is located in Far East Russia. We only know it is on a remote island somewhere (arial/location shots of Faroe Islands).

Yes I know all this, I carefully followed this thread. XD

The idea that Safin's base is located on a remote Russian island close to Japan is a theory, but makes far more sense than having his liar in the Faroe for obvious reasons.
    One possible entry to his lair would be from that volcanic beach (filmed in Maratea, Italy) with Swann, Matilde and Nomi. And she takes them in a rib boat to safety

Lisa-Dorah Sonnet's (Matilde) italian look-alike is named Allegra, and not a stunt-double but picture double. Big diff :P

The V8 Vantage does not get destroyed in the woods. Why? The call sheet says scene 253 with Swann driving the V8 into a tunnel in Matera with Matilde by her side. And she's gonna tell Matilde a story. And 253 must be the final scene almost

Didn't remember about the V8 and the fact that it isn't destroyed at Swann's cabin makes more sense since
    Bond, Swann and Mathilda wouldn't fit in the AM so here's why he decides to pick the Land Cruiser once the chase starts from the lake cabin. Then, at the end of the film, Swann takes Bond's car which has been left at her family house. Perfect.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’d like to know where that picture of Bond holding the cellphone to his ear takes place. Could that be inside Madeline’s house? He’s wearing the same Henley that he wears during the car/foot chase.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I’d like to know where that picture of Bond holding the cellphone to his ear takes place. Could that be inside Madeline’s house? He’s wearing the same Henley that he wears during the car/foot chase.
    I had speculated this solution a while back in the ajb forum based on Total film magazine article about NTTD
    Bond, traveling in the V8 along the Atlantic Road, arrives to a small yellow cabin in the forest. The very same one in which Madeleine grew up and where now someone – probably her mother – is bringing up the little girl. Bond is positively shocked by the girl, probably there’s a “family” moment and he decides to take her to a safe house where Madeleine is expecting [cfr. The castle in Scotland, as confirmed by Total Film too]. While in the safe house Bond phones London to organize a rendezvous and extract the girls but Safin shows to Madeleine. They start talking and, at a certain point, he gives her a wooden box with a broken mask inside. She understands he’s the man she shot at we she was young; Madeleine and the girl are kidnapped, but Bond sees everything and goes out in a hurry to save them [this would explain why in the previous scene he wore a grey-sand shirt under the MA duster coat; now the R&B white henley].
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Ben Wishaw was interviewed on Kermode & Mayo’s Film Review today.

NTTD came up briefly regarding its release in November. Wishaw had no further information to add.
    I had speculated this solution a while back in the ajb forum based on Total film magazine article about NTTD
    Bond, traveling in the V8 along the Atlantic Road, arrives to a small yellow cabin in the forest. The very same one in which Madeleine grew up and where now someone – probably her mother – is bringing up the little girl. Bond is positively shocked by the girl, probably there’s a “family” moment and he decides to take her to a safe house where Madeleine is expecting [cfr. The castle in Scotland, as confirmed by Total Film too]. While in the safe house Bond phones London to organize a rendezvous and extract the girls but Safin shows to Madeleine. They start talking and, at a certain point, he gives her a wooden box with a broken mask inside. She understands he’s the man she shot at we she was young; Madeleine and the girl are kidnapped, but Bond sees everything and goes out in a hurry to save them [this would explain why in the previous scene he wore a grey-sand shirt under the MA duster coat; now the R&B white henley].

That’s interesting. I could see it playing out that way, but I don’t remember hearing anything about a castle/safe house. Did they film briefly at a castle?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,554

You're right: the shirt holds some clues. But the decor does not seem to fit what we'd find in an old country house. But that's just my take.

BTW, did this image pop up in this thread? I may have missed it. More clues here--note where CJF is pointing. Is that the script? If so, it certainly isn't at the end. Of course, he could be pointing out something earlier, for frame of reference or context. Notice also that the edges have different colorings, which likely refer to different drafts. Very interesting.

I had not seen this before today:

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F6%2F2020%2F01%2Fb25_23854_rc-2000.jpg

That’s interesting. I could see it playing out that way, but I don’t remember hearing anything about a castle/safe house. Did they film briefly at a castle?

They used a castle in Scotland as part of the base camp during production. That's it.

They used a castle in Scotland as part of the base camp during production. That's it.

Gotcha.
    TripAces wrote: »

You're right: the shirt holds some clues. But the decor does not seem to fit what we'd find in an old country house. But that's just my take.

BTW, did this image pop up in this thread? I may have missed it. More clues here--note where CJF is pointing. Is that the script? If so, it certainly isn't at the end. Of course, he could be pointing out something earlier, for frame of reference or context. Notice also that the edges have different colorings, which likely refer to different drafts. Very interesting.

I had not seen this before today:

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F6%2F2020%2F01%2Fb25_23854_rc-2000.jpg

Colored pages

https://screenwriting.io/what-are-colored-revisionsdraftspages/
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    8dQg3HS.png?1

The other thing we don't know is how Jack the Bulldog will return. Royal Doulton confirmed his appearance in NTTD.

He was last seen sitting on Bond's coffee table in SPECTRE.

Does that mean we will return to Bond's flat? Has he taken it with him to Jamaica? Or does he gift/bequeath it to someone else? Madeleine? Mathilde? MP? ESB?

Did M leave something inside him for Bond to find?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    8dQg3HS.png?1

The other thing we don't know is how Jack the Bulldog will return. Royal Doulton confirmed his appearance in NTTD.

He was last seen sitting on Bond's coffee table in SPECTRE.

Does that mean we will return to Bond's flat? Has he taken it with him to Jamaica? Or does he gift/bequeath it to someone else? Madeleine? Mathilde? MP? ESB?

Did M leave something inside him for Bond to find?

I actually thought they should have done that in SP, she should have left that message in it.
    I envisioned the bulldog returning at the very end of NTTD on either M or Moneypenny’s desk as a way to tell them that Bond is alive.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,441
    I always thaught that Bond smash it or partly break it and found a stick and put in the tv. Whyle i like it she give him a message from grave, there never explain how she get it. But mabey it was a backup from the lost drive. Mabey she also thinking it was more inportent to find Silva first and with problems of q's pc problems.

With NTTD i think there wil do something with her painting and the new M. I think something about a pen or something that shine over it. Or mabey even more simple thinking like a red photo room in special water. Whyle see painting and symbol of her ghost/solace is stil here and M his frustation are already enough.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Would somebody mind providing me with a short summary (it can contain spoilers) of everything we know about Mathilde? I'm familiar with some of the tabloid rumors but since I haven't posted on here in months that will save me the trouble of looking way back through this thread.
    Gosh that mask is deliciously creepy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    "And this is the letter M. As in moo. The cow says Moo. Get it?"

"That is very interesting. Thank you so much. How many letters are there?"

Scriptreading was a tedious process.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited July 2020 Posts: 469
    So for that purported scene 253 in the script:

lea-seydoux-on-the-set-of-james-bond-no-time-to-die-in-southern-italy-9.jpg

0_PAY-EXCLUSIVE-La-Seydoux-appears-upset-between-takes-filming-scenes-for-James-Bond-No-Time-To-Die-i.jpg

Anyone have any other shots of it?

One thing to note is that Madeleine has completely changed her attire, somehow. Between the escape to the cabin with Bond and the end, she has changed her attire. I'm still not sure what this might indicate, but it is something interesting to notice. It's far too dark to make out, but I do wonder what she was wearing in the scene when she finds the mask - it appears, at least physically, to have a round neckline, much like the brown top she sports in the above picture.

unknown.png

In saying this, this also throws the chronology of the following picture into contention:

mask_2.png

Look at the sleeves on the woman. They are pretty much the exact length of the brown top that Madeleine is wearing in the first picture. So would this mean that this scene is actually of Safin tracking down Bond and Madeleine in the cabin as depicted in the April version of Empire magazine?

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,343
    The last picture is 100% from the PTS so the woman cannot be Swann. Safin’s mask isn’t broken yet so it’s definitely from the very beginning of the sequence before the fight that leads to break the mask and Swann escaping and falling in the lake.
    edited July 2020 Posts: 3,018
    @phantomvices I took a screenshot of the archive.
    Save and zoom in stills nr 4: Lisa-Dorah Sonnet (Matilde) with Cary and Lea. Man in beige cap holding her is Lee Morrison, stunt-cordinator

50j8lsM.jpg
    Any way to make these bigger, @Contraband ?
    @DonnyDB5 Here you go. I'm guessing you only meant nr 4 stills? Rib boat might also be of interest although low quality
    pbEV2yr.jpg
    emeaRAx.jpg
    5yi0DX9.jpg
    scp7eh6.jpg
    7P9t7rp.jpg
    y7RVIdF.jpg
    @DonnyDB5 Here you go. I'm guessing you only meant nr 4 stills? Rib boat might also be of interest although low quality
    pbEV2yr.jpg
    emeaRAx.jpg
    5yi0DX9.jpg
    scp7eh6.jpg
    7P9t7rp.jpg
    y7RVIdF.jpg

Thank you! Who is in the rib boat? Swann, Mathilde, & Nomi?
    pbEV2yr.jpg
    emeaRAx.jpg
    5yi0DX9.jpg
    scp7eh6.jpg
    7P9t7rp.jpg
    y7RVIdF.jpg

Thank you! Who is in the rib boat? Swann, Mathilde, & Nomi?

Yes sir... It even says so in the call sheet although they used a doll for Mathilde. The guy is just a crew member
    So that definitely confirms that
    Nomi most likely rescues them while Bond stays behind to confront Safin & maybe even destroy the lair.
    edited July 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Nomi most likely rescues them while Bond stays behind to confront Safin & maybe even destroy the lair.

@DonnyDB5 Read the Call sheet
    6FB073b.jpg
    '
    And I got one more thing that it is cool:

n2LCiOe.png

The stony beach/cave is Arco Magno (Spiaggia dell'Arco Magno), San Nicola Arcella, on the italian west coast. (I think it is the same beach with Lashana, Swann, Matilde, but they shot the rib boat down the coastline)

Read the related call sheet
    8Z1lRSi.jpg

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited July 2020 Posts: 469

@DonnyDB5 Read the Call sheet
    6FB073b.jpg
    '
    And I got one more thing that it is cool:

n2LCiOe.png

The stony beach/cave is Arco Magno (Spiaggia dell'Arco Magno), San Nicola Arcella, on the italian west coast. (I think it is the same beach with Lashana, Swann, Matilde, but they shot the rib boat down the coastline)

Read the related call sheet
    8Z1lRSi.jpg

Can I have the full upload of the call sheet in the final picture? Also, thanks for all the extra shots of Nomi and Mathilde as well as the boat.
    Amazing, this is phenomenal detective work.

What I’d like to break down more, is the Norway car chase scene. I’m just perplexed as to how it plays out because from what we’ve seen, the Toyota along with the Range Rovers are primarily driving through a river & vast landscapes. Yet, in one of the BTS videos that leaked online a while ago, it appears 2 of the Range Rovers are chasing the Toyota on the Atlantic bridge.

Perhaps the chase begins on the bridge & ends in the countryside?