No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

Contraband wrote: »
    I practically speculated the same thing @phantomvices said some time ago in the ajb007forum as already said.
    Here's the link: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/50732/bond-25-spoiler-news/page/100/ (posts 2494/95/96). Give it a reading to see if it could more or less work!

@MattiaDeVarti007 Just read your take on the storyline. Think you nailed several parts or at least being very close. The only thing that I don't think will happend at all would the final scenes with Swann seeing Bond in Matera. Don't ask me why

In fact is the part I'm less convinced of. It was just an idea of that ;)
    Has anyone heard that there will be reshoots to implement story changes this fall?
    Or is that just a rumor?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    SeanMoore wrote: »
    Has anyone heard that there will be reshoots to implement story changes this fall?
    Or is that just a rumor?

Pure nonsense. Read this

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/no-time-to-die-director-cary-joji-fukunaga-talks-007-delay-exclusive/
    I practically speculated the same thing @phantomvices said some time ago in the ajb007forum as already said.
    Here's the link: https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/50732/bond-25-spoiler-news/page/100/ (posts 2494/95/96). Give it a reading to see if it could more or less work!

@MattiaDeVarti007 Just read your take on the storyline. Think you nailed several parts or at least being very close. The only thing that I don't think will happend at all would the final scenes with Swann seeing Bond in Matera. Don't ask me why

In fact is the part I'm less convinced of. It was just an idea of that ;)

Haha.. ok
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    The same day the Billie Eilish song came out I speculated that the transition between the frozen lake sequence and Matera would’ve happened intercutting young Swann emerging from the lake with adult Swann emerging from the Mediterranean Sea where she’s relaxing with Bond right before heading to Matera. The most obvious way to set the connection between adult Swann and Safin while telling the audience that the young girl in the cabin is actually Madeleine. Made sense months ago, seems basically confirmed now thanks to the call sheets.
  • Yeah, this has been my point all along. I know we are different type of fans and we need to respect that. I haven't read any of the above potential spoilers, coz I don't know how to enjoy a film when I've learnt a great deal about it. And the fact that NTTD's release date is now in Limbo, means some of us might go into it knowing almost half of the plot. But not me though, I'll avoid the spoilers....am just concerned about other fans and wondering how they'll enjoy the film, after learning so much about it.

I agree with this. Of course I'm really excited for the film but that original trailer is all I need in terms of footage to keep me interested. At this rate, as you said, some people might go in knowing / predicting at almost half of the plot. For me that just spoils the film. It baffles me in a way that some people are happy to wait up to a year (or more) for this film to come out and yet want to completely spoil it for themselves in the meantime.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited July 2020 Posts: 297
    It's kinda weird for me since I get a kinda weird glee from correctly predicting events in movies, and hence why I'm one of the people here who is always crafting theories and sniffing out new material. I've legit made a list of predictions I'm gonna take into the cinema and check off. I wish alcohol was allowed in normal cinemas tho, cause it would make for a really fun drinking game.

Ah, I guess I'll just tally up my correct predictions and shots I have to drink, and declare victory if I need to look for a new liver the day after.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

Wow! This sounds right on the money.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Sounds very close, but I sure hope some if it will not show up in the final product.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Is it possible that Primo isn't some random goon, but Vesper's ex?
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Well, since we already know who was Vesper’s ex, nope.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,341
    I had an initial theory back when the cast was announced that Primo was related to Safin but that's not really based on anything but the fact that I think both actors could get away with being cast as brothers or cousins or summin'.
    I don't know the origins of the name 'Primo' but in Aus it's a brand of salami so my mind instantly thinks Italian, but Dali Benssalah is French Algerian like Vesper's ex. And seeing as they're hell bent on tying up "loose ends" it would make sense if he's somehow related/relevant to the Vesper. He could have escaped and been recast, or got a facelift like Safin. Or they're really doubling down on the whole brother angle, and he's the ex's brother wanting revenge.

To me anyway, Primo just seems so random as a character on his own (especially his 80/90s wardrobe). And as they feel the unnecessary need to connect everything, he must be connected/related to someone we've met before.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I just hope he doesn't get offed too soon. (P.S: Don't tell the answer)
    Denbigh wrote: »

I know I know I know...

:D :))
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    matt_u wrote: »
    The last picture is 100% from the PTS so the woman cannot be Swann. Safin’s mask isn’t broken yet so it’s definitely from the very beginning of the sequence before the fight that leads to break the mask and Swann escaping and falling in the lake.

Correct. The jacket is the same--including the loop and buttons.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

I know I know I know...

Haha I know I might catch it at some point but I'm just trying not to look for things :D
    I don't know the origins of the name 'Primo' but in Aus it's a brand of salami so my mind instantly thinks Italian, but Dali Benssalah is French Algerian like Vesper's ex. And seeing as they're hell bent on tying up "loose ends" it would make sense if he's somehow related/relevant to the Vesper. He could have escaped and been recast, or got a facelift like Safin. Or they're really doubling down on the whole brother angle, and he's the ex's brother wanting revenge.

To me anyway, Primo just seems so random as a character on his own (especially his 80/90s wardrobe). And as they feel the unnecessary need to connect everything, he must be connected/related to someone we've met before.

Could he have some connection to Swann, like ex-boyfriend, or maybe it's just as simple as him being Safin's main footsoldier?

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Again I would be into Primo being Safin's brother or summin'.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Another little thought on the beginning:

I may be wrong, but I think that the Norway scene will happen and will be part of a flashback Madeleine has while submerged in the water at the Cave of Poetry. The above callsheet you gave me states that on Scene 16:

Madeleine has a vision of Safin, Bond sense something is off

While another states that:

Madeleine surfaces to respond to Bond

Which would mean that Madeleine was underwater when she has the vision of Safin.

Knowing that the girl under the ice in the PTS is shot at by Safin while submerged, would this be a memory triggered in Madeleine by being underwater? And would this mean the PTS incorporates elements of the Matera timeline and the Norway timeline together? I don't remember the articles, so please correct me if it's already been stated that the PTS happens entirely in the Norway past.

However, I think this basically proves, beyond doubt, the girl in the PTS is Madeleine. Despite already having tons of proof, this is yet another thing pointing towards the fact that the girl in the rainbow coat is her. I've still been hearing people say that it isn't her in the PTS as a child, but I think that the leaked callsheet adds further evidence that is is Madeleine in the PTS.

Producers have said that it begins with Safin in Norway and at the cabin. And we know that the girl is young Madeleine. Then we have Bond and adult Swann swimming and it's a very good theory on your part with memory triggered/reliving her trauma with Safin/frozen lake scenes.

From a narrative/cinematic standpoint, this makes perfect sense. I am still surprised, however, that we will live inside a supporting character's head. This has never happened before in a Bond film. But there's a first time for everything.

If they do off him, it's going to be hard to top '... Shit!'

... maybe he's Hinx jnr. with a message from his presumably now even more mute brother.

I know I know I know...

Haha I know I might catch it at some point but I'm just trying not to look for things :D

I have the pic moment if you wanna see/know? It's actually a official BTS still by Greg W.

I believe Primo will be just a Patrice kind of character with slightly more screen time, perhaps. A SPECTRE agent loyal to Safin and that’s it. I think he survives Matera but do we know if he’s part of the Norway scenes?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

I know I know I know...

I have the pic moment if you wanna see/know? It's actually a official BTS still by Greg W.
    I'm ok thank you though :)
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 322

I know I know I know...

I would. If that's alright with you.

I know I know I know...

I would as well
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Quick question regarding this: how much do we know is true, how much is most likely true and how much is pure speculation and fan w*nk? Because, while I love a lot of it, there are one thing or two that I honestly find far worse than the Brothergate, in fact at the level of DAD bad (
    in other words, the cloning bit
    ).

Primo is Yusef's cousin. He joined SPECTRE with the sole objective of avenging Yusef's incarceration by bringing more pain to Bond.

I know I know I know...

I would. If that's alright with you.

Here you go @TheBondFan & @AKillToAView

SPOILER
    Bond fighting with Primo. And in the first image which is a screengrab from Carys BTS-vlog you can see Bond loosing his tie and probably throws it to the ground. And not seen here, he keeps on fighting Primo, throwing punches, etc

But in the second - and official BTS-still by Greg - you can see Bond strangeling Primo and it looks like he's using his tie now. At least that's what I see

xMyTnRY.jpg
    7Q0eknF.jpg

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Ok @Contraband I bit the bullet and decided to look. Even though I think what you're describing is correct...
    I believe we've seen behind the scenes pictures of Primo dressed for Cuba, and I think it's him who helps kidnap the scientist in a sequence which I imagine will follow the title sequence, so I think he survives Matera.