NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - Critical Reaction and Box Office Performance

Comments

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    The only comparison I'm interested in is how it stacks up with the only two other fifth installments in the franchise: YOLT and FYEO. There hasn't been a fifth film for an actor for 40 years, whereas there was only 14 between Sean and Roger's. Obviously, Dalton and Brosnan never got to #5, so that's why it's taken so long. Who knows if we'll ever get another Bond actor to reach film #6 or #7.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    The only comparison I'm interested in is how it stacks up with the only two other fifth installments in the franchise: YOLT and FYEO. There hasn't been a fifth film for an actor for 40 years, whereas there was only 14 between Sean and Roger's. Obviously, Dalton and Brosnan never got to #5, so that's why it's taken so long. Who knows if we'll ever get another Bond actor to reach film #6 or #7.

This. ^:)^
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    “Unlike a lot of other studio pictures, there is no ticking clock on debts, and therefore, no rush to release a film in a less than optimal marketplace.“

“Optimal” could mean even a 60th Anniversary in the worst case scenario.

Do you really seriously believe that they will wait until 2022?

Back in March did u ever believed that NTTD would’ve been delayed to 2021? 2022 is THE worst case scenario but given how the biggest markets in the world are handling the pandemic is still an option, if they target an “optimal” window. I find it unlikely, but you never know.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    “Unlike a lot of other studio pictures, there is no ticking clock on debts, and therefore, no rush to release a film in a less than optimal marketplace.“

“Optimal” could mean even a 60th Anniversary in the worst case scenario.

Do you really seriously believe that they will wait until 2022?

Back in March did u ever believed that NTTD would’ve been delayed to 2021? 2022 is THE worst case scenario but given how the biggest markets in the world are handling the pandemic is still an option, if they target an “optimal” window. I find it unlikely, but you never know.

I thought it was going to be released in November or December. :-<
    A 4th delay, this time to summer 2021? Hmm, I am starting to think PanchitoPistoles' curse on EON for firing Boyle is working a bit tooo well... :-? Spooky.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The_Return wrote: »
    A 4th delay, this time to summer 2021? Hmm, I am starting to think PanchitoPistoles' curse on EON for firing Boyle is working a bit tooo well... :-? Spooky.

Yes. Because letting Boyle walk away caused the pandemic... Careful now, Santa might punish you for saying such naughty things.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

It's amazing that you remember that, considering you weren't a member at the time! ;)
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I have no problem with the potential move to Mid-2021. Coz I've always prepared myself towards 2021, but a 2022 release is a bit too far-fetched to think about though. While am fine with the Mid-2021 release, my only concern is for major plot details to remain unknown, so the film can at least remain unpredictable. I avoid all potential spoilers here, including deep and major talks about pictures or videos we've seen so far, coz I really can't enjoy a film fully, if I've known a great deal about it. And that was the exact thing that made SP so predictable. But We hope the film remains a mystery....plot-wise, until it comes out.
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I have no problem with the potential move to Mid-2021. Coz I've always prepared myself towards 2021, but a 2022 release is a bit too far-fetched to think about though. While am fine with the Mid-2021 release, my only concern is for major plot details to remain unknown, so the film can at least remain unpredictable. I avoid all potential spoilers here, including deep and major talks about pictures or videos we've seen so far, coz I really can't enjoy a film fully, if I've known a great deal about it. And that was the exact thing that made SP so predictable. But We hope the film remains a mystery....plot-wise, until it comes out.

I feel ya. I am also trying my best to avoid any minor spoilers, staying away from all trailers, promotion videos and discussions, and I know perfectly well how difficult it is. Some youtubers and bloggers can't seem to resist adding clips of the trailer or minor plot points in discussions that should have nothing to do with the plot. Even with the best of my efforts there are images I wish I hadn't seen and details about the film I wish I hadn't read. It's a bit of a pest... I hope I can manage another year like this :P
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Not related to NTTD directly, but an interesting problem that may arise if the pandemic continues beyond 2020:

Netflix has warned that its 2021 release slate will be impacted by all those paused productions.

So it does seem that even Netflix may run out of new content if the pandemic keeps halting production.
  • RedNineRedNine Poland
    At some point somebody has to bite the bullet and release their movie even with limited capacity of theatres. I can't see theatres surviving next 9-10 months having only indie movies and showing old classics. What if it's april, pandemic is over but then there are no theatres to show the movie in ? Will they consider VOD then ? This was supposedly dying businnes before the pandemic even started, I can't see them surviving 13 months without at least one big movie, theatres need some traffic
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,343
    RedNine wrote: »
    At some point somebody has to bite the bullet and release their movie even with limited capacity of theatres. I can't see theatres surviving next 9-10 months having only indie movies and showing old classics. What if it's april, pandemic is over but then there are no theatres to show the movie in ? Will they consider VOD then ? This was supposedly dying businnes before the pandemic even started, I can't see them surviving 13 months without at least one big movie, theatres need some traffic

Others will do it at one point but it seems it’s not gonna be Bond.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

I would have love to see how Dalton performed in his 3rd film and it won't be surprising if next few bond actor's will only be there for 3 film's.

It's amazing that you remember that, considering you weren't a member at the time! ;)

Lol 😁.
    Great new article from MI6 which (to my ears) rings very true....

https://twitter.com/jamesbondlive/with_replies?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

As I said, 2020 is simply not happening. The film needs international and domestic theatres operating at near full capacity. Whilst that may be possible in Europe, Asia and the Australias. It is not possible in the USA - where NTTD could make $200-300+ - therefore, it will be delayed.

I do have a bone to pick with the suggestion that the film is destined for a summer 2021 release. It could happen, however, I think Bond takes precedence over Fast and Furious as it's been on the slate a lot longer.

For these reasons, I actually think Bond may end up in February (if a vaccine does come in October) or even late March 2021. Then Fast 9 moves to early May. Remember, that the March date is an enviable slot. It was the one that Batman v Superman nabbed in 2016.

batman-v-superman-bvs-header-168595.png

The real loser in this situation is probably Billie Eilish - who's excellent title song was destined to win an Oscar in 2021. Now it looks as though that dream is becoming less and less certain. Which is a shame as she was one of the most exciting additions to NTTD. Oh well............we'll almost have that Brits performance.

If we get February or March of 2021 then I would be pretty happy with that. Time is flying these days.
    I prefer odd numbered Bond years anyway.
    Yeah March seems like a good time to release.Its a full month before Fast 9.
  • At some point somebody has to bite the bullet and release their movie even with limited capacity of theatres.
    I agree with your whole post, this point especially. At the moment though, it seems like these all other movies are playing leapfrog constantly to avoid coming out. It will be interested to see when a film that's currently scheduled for September or October actually sticks to that release date. Otherwise it seems to be a case of
    'You go first'
    'No, you go first'
    And so on and so forth.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2020 Posts: 15,690
    I am posting this here to add to the discussion about the ongoing delays:

A new The King's Man poster has been released: please note that the September 18, 2020 release date has been replaced by 'in cinemas soon'.

kings-man-ver5-xlg.jpg
  • I am posting this here to add to the discussion about the ongoing delays:

A new The King's Man poster has been released: please note that the September 18, 2020 release date has been replaced by 'in cinemas soon'.

kings-man-ver5-xlg.jpg

Still says September 18th on the official Instagram
    What have they done to poor Ralph's face? It looks like someone facemorphed him with Vinnie Jones.
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 17,279
    What have they done to poor Ralph's face? It looks like someone facemorphed him with Vinnie Jones.

I can't help thinking he looks like Simon Evans in that poster.

se_simon_evans_17.jpg

se_simon_evans_17.jpg

Maybe they provided him with Daniel Craig's tailor and his head is about to pop off his body.

se_simon_evans_17.jpg

Maybe they provided him with Daniel Craig's tailor and his head is about to pop off his body.

Haha, maybe so! :))
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland

I would have love to see how Dalton performed in his 3rd film and it won't be surprising if next few bond actor's will only be there for 3 film's.

Lol 😁.

No two without a three for Dalton.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Well this is weird. We have several members that have called you out on being @PanchitoPistoles under a new alias, and you have now posted about @PanchitoPistoles a member who was banned from the forum, long before you arrived. That's a bit odd, wouldn't you say @The_Return
    Taking the style or personality of a banned member, is probably not the best way to gain trust or support on any forum.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Very odd, indeed.
    Barcelona’s movie theaters re-close amid COVID-19 second wave.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/barcelona-movie-theaters-re-close-covid19-1234710456/
    edited July 2020 Posts: 15,690