No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    Vitamin D seems to be the big one, doesn’t it @talos7 ? Didn’t they do studies in your neck of the woods where they found an astonishing 88+% in ICU were Vit D deficient?

I hope you get a big thumbs up for being a First Responder!!

P
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    @talos7 Where do you live, sir?
    peter wrote: »
    Vitamin D seems to be the big one, doesn’t it @talos7 ? Didn’t they do studies in your neck of the woods where they found an astonishing 88+% in ICU were Vit D deficient?

P

Yes, kudos to you @talos7 !

And I've heard the same thing re: Vitamin D as a potential indicator, at least correlated somewhat with COVID's impact on patient outcomes. Basically anything you can do to be improving your overall health and immune system function is good.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    I was scrolling through NTTDs IMDB-page and noticed this under Visual Effects cred:

Jarrod Anderson ... creature technical director
    Claudia Fugazzotto ... Lead Creature TD
    Anand Kambli ... creature td: Double Negative London
    Rudy Massar ... senior creature modeller: Industrial Light & Magic
    Nick van Diem ... lead creature td: Industrial Light & Magic
    Erica Vigilante ... CG Creature Supervisor: DNEG London

The only creatures I can think of would be those in the water tanks in Safins lab. Any other ideas?

I1teOX7.jpg

Creature TD
    Creature TDs build the software that enables artists to create believable fur, feathers and skin on their creatures. They develop and program the digital tools for all the artists who work on digital dinosaurs, animals or magnificent beasts, helping them to be as efficient as possible. They then work with pipeline TDs to incorporate the tools into a VFX production pipeline.

The scope of the creature TD role varies depending on the size of the studio. In some studios, the role includes rigging, which involves creating systems of skeletons and muscles which are then used by an animator as the basis for the creature’s movements. In larger studios, the role of creature TD is focussed on creating the fur, hair, feathers, skin. The goal is the same, to make sure the effects look convincing and blend seamlessly with the other VFX and live-action components of the film or TV programme.

• Agent_OneAgent_One Ireland
    Contraband wrote: »
    I was scrolling through NTTDs IMDB-page and noticed this under Visual Effects cred:

The only creatures I can think of would be those in the water tanks in Safins lab. Any other ideas?

I1teOX7.jpg

Creature TD
    Creature TDs build the software that enables artists to create believable fur, feathers and skin on their creatures. They develop and program the digital tools for all the artists who work on digital dinosaurs, animals or magnificent beasts, helping them to be as efficient as possible. They then work with pipeline TDs to incorporate the tools into a VFX production pipeline.

The scope of the creature TD role varies depending on the size of the studio. In some studios, the role includes rigging, which involves creating systems of skeletons and muscles which are then used by an animator as the basis for the creature’s movements. In larger studios, the role of creature TD is focussed on creating the fur, hair, feathers, skin. The goal is the same, to make sure the effects look convincing and blend seamlessly with the other VFX and live-action components of the film or TV programme.

Mayhaps it has something to do with the rumored clone plot?
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Agent_One wrote: »

I1teOX7.jpg

Creature TD

Mmm… I think we’re overthinking it. The mouse in Spectre was completely CGI. In this film we’re meeting Q’s cats. Could they be partially CGI as well?!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    CGI sheep in Matera?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    @talos7 Where do you live, sir?

New Orleans, am I correct @talos7 ....
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 17,272

I1teOX7.jpg

Creature TD

Mmm… I think we’re overthinking it. The mouse in Spectre was completely CGI. In this film we’re meeting Q’s cats. Could they be partially CGI as well?!

Or maybe something completely different. We have Bond in a forest location for example; maybe there are some deers running around or something. In the interview by VG earlier this year, Prop Master Ben Wilkinson specifically mentioned they had some fake fishes made (they were never used).
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    peter wrote: »

P

Yes, kudos to you @talos7 !

And I've heard the same thing re: Vitamin D as a potential indicator, at least correlated somewhat with COVID's impact on patient outcomes. Basically anything you can do to be improving your overall health and immune system function is good.

@peter and @AgentM72 Yes, If you look into vitamin D, particularly D3, it is a remarkable that has countless benefits; and absolutely there is a strong correlation to outcome in relation to a patients vitamin D levels.

There are no miracles but there are many things we can do to move forward.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2020 Posts: 5,869

I1teOX7.jpg

Creature TD

Or maybe something completely different. We have Bond in a forest location or exampe; maybe there are some deers running around or something.
    I think it would make sense for them to CGI the sheep in Matera - if they’re meant to abruptly disrupt the chase.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited June 2020 Posts: 7,960

I1teOX7.jpg

Creature TD

More likely Rami Malek's appearance which may change throughout the film.
    In the scene by the frozen lake he is showing signs of deterioration; in later scenes he looks rejuvenated.

• edited June 2020 Posts: 17,272
    Denbigh wrote: »

I1teOX7.jpg

Creature TD

Or maybe something completely different. We have Bond in a forest location or exampe; maybe there are some deers running around or something.
    I think it would make sense for them to CGI the sheep in Matera - if they’re meant to abruptly disrupt the chase.

Yes, that would be very likely. Had forgot all about them.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 3,018
    CGI sheep in Matera?

Real sheep .. and lots of them too. Footage shot by forum member @thomas004 in Matera

Second Unit Assistant director Ant Lowery

PW backlot, inside the dance hall, Havana set

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    talos7 wrote: »
    As part of EMS I've had contact with several people who have had it, including two of the guys that I work with. Fortunately they had no complications. I work in very close quarters with these Firefighters; we eat at the same table, use the same kitchen and operate in a closed cab vehicle. As of this week I've taken multiple COVID tests, including two anti-body test; all have been negative.
    I plan on being in the theater on the first night. Its one thing to be cautious, it's another to be petrified. the world cannot wait for a vaccine in order to restore some degree of normalcy.
    From numerous doctors that I've talked to, as well as experience, my advice, wash or disinfect your hands frequently, do not touch your face ; that was a hard one. wear a mask if you choose and live a healthy lifestyle to keep you immune system strong. Vitamin D3 , ZINC and C are supplements that have shown effectiveness.
    I'm happy to see my city coming back to life and I'm looking forward to seeing NTTD , in a theater this November.

Well said. I agree with all of this.
  • jamesbond0007jamesbond0007 mississippi
    edited June 2020 Posts: 32
    Done with theaters after all this and all the new online and demand digital services /libraries make it so much better to watch movies and content in your own home. Wish they would have released the film already as online digital release. Universal is right for doing it with some of their new stuff. Go glad drive ins are making a comeback also and some with outdoor seating and cooling and heating areas. Not ever getting cramped up in a dark theater ever again especially with all the phone idiots these days also.....
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @Contraband I thought maybe they would use CGI for part of the sequence that’s too dangerous for the real sheep?
    @Contraband I thought maybe they would use CGI for part of the sequence that’s too dangerous for the real sheep?

I have several clips from a distance showing the AM breaks just one feet away from the sheep, and then puts it in a reverse.. and chase con't. I don't think they are gonna use any CGI in these sheep scenes. But then again, I could be wrong.

BTW: Rally master/stunt driver Mark Higgins in the AM
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

I1teOX7.jpg

Creature TD

More likely Rami Malek's appearance which may change throughout the film.
    In the scene by the frozen lake he is showing signs of deterioration; in later scenes he looks rejuvenated.

This would be very cool, if it ended up being the reason they needed these kind of effects.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 12,985
    Regarding creatures it's still a possibility Craig Bond will question one of the sheep.
    To determine who it works for.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Regarding creatures it's still a possibility Craig Bond will question one of the sheep.
    Safin has actually turned Camille and Yusef from QoS into sheep.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Safin has actually turned Camille and Yusef from QoS into sheep.

He has reanimated Andrew Bonds corpse from Skyfall
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Nothing. It's not true.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited June 2020 Posts: 469

Pure conjecture. 'insider source' aka 99% bullshit. Much like the rumored Jinx and Wai Lin spinoffs of old, will ultimately result in nothing.

Still, imagine if there was something like this. Bond's daughter, also a spy, either working with Bond sometime, being consulted by him. Or to go another route, Bond turns and Mathilde is the one who has to ultimately take him down, a la the plotline of the original MSX Metal Gear games. Conflicts galore to be explored.

Fun to think about, but otherwise hell no.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    50003659818_083897396c_o.png

Q's headphones identified; just bought a pair.
    A spoiler tag would be appreciated.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Just the press trying to whip up conversation about nothing - again.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    As part of EMS I've had contact with several people who have had it, including two of the guys that I work with. Fortunately they had no complications. I work in very close quarters with these Firefighters; we eat at the same table, use the same kitchen and operate in a closed cab vehicle. As of this week I've taken multiple COVID tests, including two anti-body test; all have been negative.
    I plan on being in the theater on the first night. Its one thing to be cautious, it's another to be petrified. the world cannot wait for a vaccine in order to restore some degree of normalcy.
    From numerous doctors that I've talked to, as well as experience, my advice, wash or disinfect your hands frequently, do not touch your face ; that was a hard one. wear a mask if you choose and live a healthy lifestyle to keep you immune system strong. Vitamin D3 , ZINC and C are supplements that have shown effectiveness.
    I'm happy to see my city coming back to life and I'm looking forward to seeing NTTD , in a theater this November.

Well said. I agree with all of this.

So do I.

On a side note, I seem to recall that some said that having to wear a mask inside the movie theatre would dissuade people from going. Here in Italy masks are now officially not mandatory in movie theatres.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 3,167
    2006: "Okay, fine - CR was a reboot, showing us how Bond became Bond. Can we have a proper Bond movie now?"

14 years later....still waiting.

This brother/daughter/family issues/inner demons/quiting-not-quiting/personal stuff soap-opera charade isn't really for me, but great that a new generation digs it! Luckily I can still find pure escapism in the MI franchise.