The Eurovision Song Contest Thread

Comments

• DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Eurovision Crap Contest* ;)

Loreen's is pretty good though, but I'm afraid some crazy, odd stuff will win.

I want to know what you think about our song:
    I like the macedonian song, compared to the other esc-contributions, it's barable ;) My favourits are Russia, Serbia, Sweden, France and Enlgand. Russias gonna win bigtime, no competition, but Serbia and Enlgand does have strong godd songs. Sweden and France have the the songs if we just see to it qualitywise. They are songs that hold up even outside esc imo.
    Anyway, I won't watch it. Doctor Who is on France 4 that day, with three episodes from season 6(The Rebel Flesh part 1 and 2 and A Good Man Goes to War).

BTW, I still think Lordi would have been at home in the series. Especially after having seen the Sicorax.
    COME ON THE HUMP!!!!!! SING FOR THE UK!!!!!!!! ;) :))
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,699
    Eurovision Crap Contest* ;)

Loreen's is pretty good though, but I'm afraid some crazy, odd stuff will win.

Like dear old, Engelbert? ;)

Goooooooooo on, Arnie Dorsey!

Not that - despite his tune being a slow, ballady, on-a-good-day-very-Eurovision-friendly and rather decent effort - he'll stand a cat's chance in hell of winning what with all the inevitable Eastern European tactical voting, of course...
    Somebody shoot the Malta entry, smug git. Spain was actually quite good, the girl could sing...
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The Hump, poor bloke, being first, we'll need all the help we can get.

As for Malta..."This is the night, this is the night for Malta!". Christ...
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 2,782
    Macedonia = Adams' Family

oh nooooo the Jed of the Wood
    Jedward soon - I've got the mute button ready @forgotmyusername!
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Jedward soon - I've got the mute button ready @forgotmyusername!

Ha ha ha - as a pop song it's not bad but we know they can't sing - that backing tape is doing Ireland proud.

Make Moldova stop please please....now time for a cup a tea a quick flick to watch a bit of The Lord of the Rings and then down to the voting.

I really don't want the Russian grannies win - not because I'm ageist but because they were utter crap.

Denmark good, Sweden good, Spain good, Hump good.

The mood of the voting so far - Sweden are going to win me thinks.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    last time I looked, France had 4 points...... brillant !!
    Your singer is good. You definitely don't deserve only 1 point so far...
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 268
    OH EFF YES!n
    The swedish empire rules the european continent no matter what!
    EUPHORIA!!
    Second to last. Good old UK.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Samuel001 wrote:

please accept the most sincere apologies from us (france) that we finished infront of you.... we deserved to be even further down than this.

• edited May 2012 Posts: 268
    EDIT: disregard
    obin_gam wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

i quite like the French contribution quite alot,. it was a feelgood electropopsong that I think people need
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Sweden is the winner! Congratulations to us and Loreen! :D
    another year another humiliation for the UK. Really does no one like the Brits in Europe?

Right next year we should have Adele and that should make us winners guaranteed. Or maybe the cunning plan was not to win to avoid the cost of hosting next year. That being the case - all of Europe should have voted for Greece.

The best brit euro song ever:

I have a rule about Eurovision. If it isn't Epic Sax Guy or ABBA, then it's not worth watching.
    Happy Sweden won! Loreen was amazing tonight :D
    Can't believe that some idiot earlier said that Tim Dalton's films are boring and comparable with watching the Euro vision rubbish! Unbelievable!
    Some Idiot really said that?!

Of course they're (maybe) not really an Idiot, but it was merely an ill advised thing to say etc

This event they had, I think I would rather look directly into the sun than watch any acts or any coverage etc, is all it entails, is singers from different countries and who has the best song etc ?, sounds damn boring..

Well done to Sweden and whatever (prize) they won etc

another year another humiliation for the UK. Really does no one like the Brits in Europe?

The best brit euro song ever:

I've seen her performance. She certainly was flamboyant.

As for France, we really should not participate in the contest again. No way we'll ever get to win. Time to cut our losses, methinks.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Nice.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    So nobody in for The Humpster doing the SKYFALL tune? ;) :-? o-> o=> o-+ Sounds a bit like Tom Jones. The song, that is...
    The one thing you cannot knock the UK for................................................? Consistency! =))
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Maybe the UK could talk Dame Shirley to enter the ESC. Actually it can't get any worse.
    And I actually like France's ESC entry in 2007... Utterly brilliant...