No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Wouldn’t it be nice if they at least released a single track from the score to tide us over?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I wonder if they will cut down
    the nightclub sequence
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    echo wrote: »
    I wonder if they will cut down
    the nightclub sequence

Why? Looks super cool.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 4,400
    The Craig's are going to be busy come November....can we fast-forward 7 months?

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

Indeed they are!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Awesome, @QBranch. That's becoming a popular item I see.
    Cheers mate, it's something unique I haven't seen before.

A couple of things for the prop collectors:

Bulldog Jack, NTTD edition:

49734433587_8daf49983f_o.png

One of Q's mugs, seen on his desk:

49734431377_63fefb372d_o.png
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I saw the trailer for Black Widow and I can imagine Bond beating that one: it doesn't look very interesting to me.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    mtm wrote: »

I saw the trailer for Black Widow and I can imagine Bond beating that one: it doesn't look very interesting to me.

I couldn't agree more....looks like the same old recent Vapid Marvel-Style action that have plagued the more recent Marvel movies. NTTD will surely beat it.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    GadgetMan wrote: »

I couldn't agree more....looks like the same old recent Vapid Marvel-Style action that have plagued the more recent Marvel movies. NTTD will surely beat it.

I agree but the fact remains that the character has a decent sized fanbase and the Marvel brand is still enough to get people to the theatres. It might not be a billion-dollar film, but it'll still provide stiff enough competition.

That's if the release dates remain the same, of course.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    For what it's worth, I'm happy that she's finally getting her own movie. The character has been underused in the MCU since day one.
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I'm happy that she's finally getting her own movie. The character has been underused in the MCU since day one.

And I think a lot of people will feel this way, too!
    Aontaím leat.

It's release date is two days before my birthday so I'm a very happy Scarjo fan. :) =D>
    JamesCraig wrote: »

And I think a lot of people will feel this way, too!

Yeah, true, no doubt....but I just feel Marvel's Slam-Bang action style is becoming too repetitive....a new approach & Directors in the Vein of Christopher Nolan or innovative Directors might just be what it needs. I fear for Marvel that Audience-fatigue might not be that far-off....I struggled a bit, when watching Captain Marvel....maybe the Comedy in Marvel films is getting too much. I always feel so much is at stake, whenever am watching THE WINTER SOLDIER...maybe Marvel's Best film along with IRONMAN 1 & AVENGERS 1....I did like AGE OF ULTRON...just because James Spader's Ultron was entertaining & stole the show. After AGE OF ULTRON, I lost interest.
    I haven't seen them all. And not planning to either.
    Yes, I would be inclined to agree that Marvel films have lost something, for me personally. And I'm sure the bubble will burst at some point. I just don't think that time is now.

But, stranger things have happened...
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 1,261
    Why is she so…loud?

Influencers. Before Covid the most annoying illness. Had the advantage, that they only got on other people's nerves.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    delfloria wrote: »
    Just listened to the NTTD Zimmer album and all I can say is..................Oh wait April Fools was couple of days ago. Still wonder if one will ever escape.

Will be released on March 42nd.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I agree but the fact remains that the character has a decent sized fanbase and the Marvel brand is still enough to get people to the theatres. It might not be a billion-dollar film, but it'll still provide stiff enough competition.

It is Marvel and that will help a lot: I don't think it will flop. But I'll be surprised if it does huge business compared with the others just because I don't think it looks very appealing. I could imagine Wonder Woman beating it.

It is Marvel and that will help a lot: I don't think it will flop. But I'll be surprised if it does huge business compared with the others just because I don't think it looks very appealing. I could imagine Wonder Woman beating it.

I imagine Wonder Woman will probably beat it out, too. But I think, in direct competition with Bond, Black Widow will give a good effort.
    I wonder what the Box-Office Competition would have looked like if A transformers film, A Pirates Of the Caribbean film & A Mission Impossible film were all slated for 2020.
    @Revelator , need your help please
    @Revelator , need your help please

Sure, what can I help you with?
    Ah wrong topic, wanted to post in the Question Thread x)
    Those release date are just placeholders. Bond will want to avoid a Marvel film like he avoided that train in Skyfall. Going head to head with Black Widow will doom Bond.
    Those release date are just placeholders. Bond will want to avoid a Marvel film like he avoided that train in Skyfall. Going head to head with Black Widow will doom Bond.

There already was a Marvel film ("The Eternals") on that date in November, when they decided to release Bond on November 12th. So EON/United Artists/Universal seem to have no problem with it.

November is Home to Eon. They feel overly assured with November, Regardless of who they're up against. I think it's Marvel who should be concerned, not that Black Widow will flop....but the World have missed Bond for Half-a-Decade.....almost anywhere one turns, one can find a Marvel film or at least multiple trailers of a Marvel film. Both films will do well, but it's going to be the battle of the 1billion Mark. And judging by Bond's lengthy Absence, I can't help but point his Way.

I imagine Wonder Woman will probably beat it out, too. But I think, in direct competition with Bond, Black Widow will give a good effort.

She always does. ;)

CqUUPT6.gif
    Cary posted this on Instagram and comments to someone saying he looks like is posing for an R&B album with: NTTD is my R&B album

• peterpeter Toronto
    Cary also put to rest the idea that they're editing/re-shooting. He said something like that is costly-- yes, even on a Bond film. Secondly he discussed any project can be tinkered with, to what end. He said that NTTD is perfect as is, it's a great film, and it was his hope that others will feel the same.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited April 2020 Posts: 4,343
    peter wrote: »
    Cary also put to rest the idea that they're editing/re-shooting. He said something like that is costly-- yes, even on a Bond film. Secondly he discussed any project can be tinkered with, to what end. He said that NTTD is perfect as is, it's a great film, and it was his hope that others will feel the same.

Exactly. Fukunaga himself basically shut down all that nonsense regarding potential reshoot/trimming/further polishing: NTTD is locked, 100% finished and the director is 100% happy with it.

The movie is great as it is.

K1CLJVb.jpg