No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

16776786806826831213

Comments

  • Posts: 478
    What do you folks think will happen to Blofeld? The movie is 2.5 hours long. How much screentime does he get? Does he stay in jail? Escape? Does Safin or Bond kill him? Does Madeline kill him??
  • Posts: 10,524
    ertert wrote: »
    What do you folks think will happen to Blofeld? The movie is 2.5 hours long. How much screentime does he get? Does he stay in jail? Escape? Does Safin or Bond kill him? Does Madeline kill him??

    My hunch is that Safin is going to kill him, along with all other SPECTRE agents who don’t join his side.
  • Posts: 478
    FoxRox wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    What do you folks think will happen to Blofeld? The movie is 2.5 hours long. How much screentime does he get? Does he stay in jail? Escape? Does Safin or Bond kill him? Does Madeline kill him??

    My hunch is that Safin is going to kill him, along with all other SPECTRE agents who don’t join his side.

    I wonder how that would take place. Either Safin sends someone to London or wherever Blofeld is, or Blofeld escapes and Safin kills him.

    It would cement Safin as a serious threat but might rob Bond of some catharsis I could see it either way.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    Posts: 265
    ertert wrote: »
    What do you folks think will happen to Blofeld? The movie is 2.5 hours long. How much screentime does he get? Does he stay in jail? Escape? Does Safin or Bond kill him? Does Madeline kill him??

    I hope Blofeld isn’t killed by Safin, but rather escapes to eventually come back as an even greater threat down the line. Maybe like a mainstay, omnipresent threat like in the earlier films. If Waltz doesn’t come back once Craig leaves the role, maybe they could recast.
  • Posts: 10,524
    ertert wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    What do you folks think will happen to Blofeld? The movie is 2.5 hours long. How much screentime does he get? Does he stay in jail? Escape? Does Safin or Bond kill him? Does Madeline kill him??

    My hunch is that Safin is going to kill him, along with all other SPECTRE agents who don’t join his side.

    I wonder how that would take place. Either Safin sends someone to London or wherever Blofeld is, or Blofeld escapes and Safin kills him.

    It would cement Safin as a serious threat but might rob Bond of some catharsis I could see it either way.

    I disagree on the catharsis part. Bond willingly spared Blofeld at the end of SP, so he doesn’t want to kill him - at least the last time we saw. Kind of reminds me of what happened with Mr. White.
  • Posts: 478
    FoxRox wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    What do you folks think will happen to Blofeld? The movie is 2.5 hours long. How much screentime does he get? Does he stay in jail? Escape? Does Safin or Bond kill him? Does Madeline kill him??

    My hunch is that Safin is going to kill him, along with all other SPECTRE agents who don’t join his side.

    I wonder how that would take place. Either Safin sends someone to London or wherever Blofeld is, or Blofeld escapes and Safin kills him.

    It would cement Safin as a serious threat but might rob Bond of some catharsis I could see it either way.

    I disagree on the catharsis part. Bond willingly spared Blofeld at the end of SP, so he doesn’t want to kill him - at least the last time we saw. Kind of reminds me of what happened with Mr. White.

    Fair enough. That's a good point and I forgot about that when I wrote the post. He felt killing Blofeld wasn't even worth his time.
  • Posts: 1,680
    I’m willing to bet Oberhauser gets the one scene in prison and we never see him again.

    Safin likely has no use for him and won’t bother with him.
  • MaxCasinoMaxCasino United States
    Posts: 2,054
    ertert wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    What do you folks think will happen to Blofeld? The movie is 2.5 hours long. How much screentime does he get? Does he stay in jail? Escape? Does Safin or Bond kill him? Does Madeline kill him??

    My hunch is that Safin is going to kill him, along with all other SPECTRE agents who don’t join his side.

    I wonder how that would take place. Either Safin sends someone to London or wherever Blofeld is, or Blofeld escapes and Safin kills him.

    It would cement Safin as a serious threat but might rob Bond of some catharsis I could see it either way.

    I disagree on the catharsis part. Bond willingly spared Blofeld at the end of SP, so he doesn’t want to kill him - at least the last time we saw. Kind of reminds me of what happened with Mr. White.

    Fair enough. That's a good point and I forgot about that when I wrote the post. He felt killing Blofeld wasn't even worth his time.
    I have a feeling that Blofeld won’t be used until the next reboot, simply because of Brothergate.
  • Posts: 10,524
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I’m willing to bet Oberhauser gets the one scene in prison and we never see him again.

    Safin likely has no use for him and won’t bother with him.

    I'm betting against this based on Cary Fukunaga's line, "Everything that was left unsaid will finally be said." I have a strong feeling there will be zero intentional loose ends as the Craig era ends. I'm sure Blofeld and SPECTRE will return, but I have a feeling in NTTD they will face demise at the hands of Safin.
  • Garth007Garth007 Missouri, USA
    Posts: 59
    I honestly believe we will be getting a definitive ending to daniels bond with this fil.. everything about it just feels like this is the case. Of course they will probably soft reboot with the next but I'm glad if this ends up being the case
  • MaxCasinoMaxCasino United States
    edited March 2020 Posts: 2,054
    Garth007 wrote: »
    I honestly believe we will be getting a definitive ending to daniels bond with this fil.. everything about it just feels like this is the case. Of course they will probably soft reboot with the next but I'm glad if this ends up being the case

    +1, there’s a part of me though that thinks that there will a hard reboot because it will feel like a definitive ending. Maybe RF as M, and BW as Q, that’s it.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Posts: 2,938
    Interview with Daniel Craig at MoMA, The Museum of Modern Art, New York City, on March 2, 2020



  • Posts: 11,425
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    Also the glider inside the plane is a full scale prop because they’re sitting in it! The CGI is just the aerial shot with the wings unfolding,

    I'm nitpicking obviously but it's that shot of the wings unfolding that grates with me. Looks clearly fake.
  • Posts: 5,767
    00Dalton7 wrote: »
    Also the glider inside the plane is a full scale prop because they’re sitting in it! The CGI is just the aerial shot with the wings unfolding,
    I never minded the CGI in DAD, but that they´re sitting in the glider is by no means proof that it´s not CGI.
  • Posts: 11,425
    I'm sure I will get over it. In general the film looks visually stunning and with not too much reliance on (noticeable) CGI.

    I think it was JJ Abrams on the first of the SW sequels that really pushed for full scale props and model work over CGI. I totally agree with that approach where possible. Almost always looks better IMO.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 8,306
    I don’t think there’s much option with that shot of the glider opening though: unless you’re going to spend millions of pounds developing a real working plane. JJ used CGI for the shots of the spaceships because they couldn’t afford to shoot in space for real!
  • Posts: 154
    mtm wrote: »
    I don’t think there’s much option with that shot of the glider opening though: unless you’re going to spend millions of pounds developing a real working plane. JJ used CGI for the shots of the spaceships because they couldn’t afford to shoot in space for real!

    Christopher Nolan did something similar in The Dark Knight with the helicopter crash - it was part CGI and part practical effects (one of many examples I'm sure!)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 8,306
    Yeah it’s all very well to say they should do things for real, and something like Mission Impossible does the same: but they can’t crash two helicopters up a mountain for real!
    And how are the Bond folk supposed to film a totally new type of plane with scissor wings that turns into a submarine for real? :D
  • Posts: 11,425
    mtm wrote: »
    Yeah it’s all very well to say they should do things for real, and something like Mission Impossible does the same: but they can’t crash two helicopters up a mountain for real!
    And how are the Bond folk supposed to film a totally new type of plane with scissor wings that turns into a submarine for real? :D

    Well maybe they don't go with the scissor wing glider then?
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 11,425
    mtm wrote: »
    Yeah it’s all very well to say they should do things for real, and something like Mission Impossible does the same: but they can’t crash two helicopters up a mountain for real!
    And how are the Bond folk supposed to film a totally new type of plane with scissor wings that turns into a submarine for real? :D

    There have been plenty of helicopter and plane crashes in Bond. It all used to be done with scale models and usually looked pretty realistic.

    As for stuff set in space. 2001 still arguably sets the benchmark for a lot of space action and that was all done with scale models - no CGI. Any way, I'm sure we can all agree that Bond should stay away from space and death spewing satellites for at least another 60 yrs.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 266
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8071965/James-Bond-film-No-Time-Die-released-three-weeks-EARLY-coronavirus.html

    “ James Bond film No Time To Die 'could be released three weeks EARLY due to coronavirus fears' following promo tour cancellation”

    Edit: I didn’t realize this was already linked in another thread.
  • Posts: 10,524
    Burgess wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8071965/James-Bond-film-No-Time-Die-released-three-weeks-EARLY-coronavirus.html

    “ James Bond film No Time To Die 'could be released three weeks EARLY due to coronavirus fears' following promo tour cancellation”

    This got posted on the premiere / press tour thread as well. I really don't think it's going to happen. Daily Mail only has so-so reliability anyway.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    edited March 2020 Posts: 7,447
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Can someone explain the relationship between MI6-HQ and mi6community? Do they just link t this forum (and why to this, not others?) or are/were some of the mods part of MI6-HQ? Just curious...

    It's all linked. The community is part of MI6, providing a platform for fans to wax lyrical to their hearts content. No other Bond forum is part of MI6. The main MI6 news site is where the bulk of foot traffic goes through so it does have some influence in the wider world.
    However when the open letter to Eon was written (and James Page & Co have every right to say what they want - it's their site at the end of the day) there is no telling who will pick up on it. And these days journalists love to let others do all of the work for them, so they have picked up on the letter and run with it.

    Whether it actually has any influence where it matters is anyone's guess.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 8,306
    Getafix wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Yeah it’s all very well to say they should do things for real, and something like Mission Impossible does the same: but they can’t crash two helicopters up a mountain for real!
    And how are the Bond folk supposed to film a totally new type of plane with scissor wings that turns into a submarine for real? :D

    Well maybe they don't go with the scissor wing glider then?

    Where's the fun in that? :)

    Getafix wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Yeah it’s all very well to say they should do things for real, and something like Mission Impossible does the same: but they can’t crash two helicopters up a mountain for real!
    And how are the Bond folk supposed to film a totally new type of plane with scissor wings that turns into a submarine for real? :D

    There have been plenty of helicopter and plane crashes in Bond. It all used to be done with scale models and usually looked pretty realistic.

    Did they?! I'm struggling to think of one that did look realistic! :D
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 8,306
    Burgess wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8071965/James-Bond-film-No-Time-Die-released-three-weeks-EARLY-coronavirus.html

    “ James Bond film No Time To Die 'could be released three weeks EARLY due to coronavirus fears' following promo tour cancellation”

    Edit: I didn’t realize this was already linked in another thread.

    Is that even possible? I thought cinema release slots were very hard to mess with.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Posts: 3,349
    Getafix wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Yeah it’s all very well to say they should do things for real, and something like Mission Impossible does the same: but they can’t crash two helicopters up a mountain for real!
    And how are the Bond folk supposed to film a totally new type of plane with scissor wings that turns into a submarine for real? :D

    Well maybe they don't go with the scissor wing glider then?

    Well, that would be a great idea for B26. >:)
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,845
    mtm wrote: »
    Burgess wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8071965/James-Bond-film-No-Time-Die-released-three-weeks-EARLY-coronavirus.html

    “ James Bond film No Time To Die 'could be released three weeks EARLY due to coronavirus fears' following promo tour cancellation”

    Edit: I didn’t realize this was already linked in another thread.

    Is that even possible? I thought cinema release slots were very hard to mess with.

    I think back in 2015, Rogue Nation did something Similar to avoid competition with SP & The Force Awakens.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 8,306
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Burgess wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8071965/James-Bond-film-No-Time-Die-released-three-weeks-EARLY-coronavirus.html

    “ James Bond film No Time To Die 'could be released three weeks EARLY due to coronavirus fears' following promo tour cancellation”

    Edit: I didn’t realize this was already linked in another thread.

    Is that even possible? I thought cinema release slots were very hard to mess with.

    I think back in 2015, Rogue Nation did something Similar to avoid competition with SP & The Force Awakens.

    Really, that close to release? I didn't know that.
  • Posts: 186
    That was months or a year before Rogue Nation release, not comparable to the situation with NTTD
Sign In or Register to comment.