No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    AMC Tysons Corner 16. 14 hours 17 minutes.

I might do that.
    The glider is a boat/submarine as well????????????????????????
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 727
    I am gonna watch Spectre literally hours before I go to watch this one. Spectre is so bad that this movie will feel even greater in comparison.

My eyes will adjust to the staleness of Spectre's urine colouring so that when I see the new one, it will be like a refreshing splash of vibrancy!
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 11,425
    delfloria wrote: »

Am I alone in having a touch of the DADs about the CGI glider? And now it turns into a submarine as well...? Hmmm.

Have to say that while there seems a lot to be excited about there are one or two elements we've seen in the trailers etc that turn me off a little as well.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 3,333
    No, you're not alone @Getafix.
    When I saw that glider-sub thing enter Safin's lair, I was immediately reminded of Bond entering Atlantis in TSWLM on a "wet bike".
    Without seeing too much of the lead-up footage it's difficult to say whether the CGI will be as shoddy as DAD, though I doubt anything will be as bad as that. But there is a slight whiff of DAD about this movie, especially with Niomi as the new Jinx.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Getafix wrote: »

Am I alone in having a touch of the DADs about the CGI glider? And now it turns into a submarine as well...? Hmmm.

Have to say that while there seems a lot to be excited about there are one or two elements we've seen in the trailers etc that turn me off a little as well.

Yes, the movie will be a gigantic failure because of this.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.

Thought this is worthwhile posting here too.
    Ryan wrote: »
    Daniel Craig IS James Bond.

Agreed
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I think NTTD was always looking to be a Half-Grounded, Half-Over-the-Top Bond film. Which is a good thing, coz a Director of Cary's Calibre would strike the balance properly....I think we've gotten too used to Craig's realistic take on Bond that we just might have forgotten that Bond originated with a bit of fantasy....evidently in movies as early as GF. The world of Bond is already Outlandish. The challenge has always been for the Director not to get tempted with Bond's already Picturesque world, so he(the director) doesn't make it too silly. I think Cary like Terence Young, will bring fantasy & realism.
  • RC7RC7

I’m all for the glider/submarine. Looks awesome.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.

Yeah, channelling DAD a bit too much there for me.
    Bond will be invisible during that scene.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    New still of Rami on the set. At least I haven't seen this day-photo before

oanDHI6.jpg

Some girl in Sapri took this stills:

tZCFw1J.jpg
    uFeoHXT.jpg
    RF8H63l.jpg
    ycIULdt.jpg
    fvTpbTY.jpg
    8ECx46s.jpg

Matera

aceTqhC.jpg
    fahp6Fb.jpg
    LsdQg47.jpg
    k9nqlbB.jpg
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 11,425
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I think NTTD was always looking to be a Half-Grounded, Half-Over-the-Top Bond film. Which is a good thing, coz a Director of Cary's Calibre would strike the balance properly....I think we've gotten too used to Craig's realistic take on Bond that we just might have forgotten that Bond originated with a bit of fantasy....evidently in movies as early as GF. The world of Bond is already Outlandish. The challenge has always been for the Director not to get tempted with Bond's already Picturesque world, so he(the director) doesn't make it too silly. I think Cary like Terence Young, will bring fantasy & realism.

I agree with this. I just don't like CGI, especially in a Bond film.

Little Nelly and the submersible Lotus were outlandish but were either real or done in a way that made them plausible/borderline believable. As soon I see CGI I am immediately taken out of the movie because I know immediately that it's fake.
    The CGI plane looks a bit fake indeed.

Other than that: great new footage!
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    GadgetMan wrote: »

I agree with this. I just don't like CGI, especially in a Bond film.

Little Nelly and the submersible Lotus were outlandish but were either real or done in a way that made them plausible/borderline believable. As soon I see CGI I am immediately taken out of the movie because I know immediately that it's fake.

Yeah, all true. am not a CGI fan as well. Though, I don't mind it...if it's done properly. Let's hope it looks better on the big screen though.
    I thought EON had learned their lesson and were keeping the CGI to a minimum. Entirely CGI'd action sequences are just a complete no no for me.
    The Bond series has a tradition of taking existing, little known models and putting them into the public eye (Bede BD-5, Wallis Autogyro, Skyhook rescue system, etc). When you see Bond in a glider that you know does not exist, then we are straight into CGI. Shame IMHO but obviously others will differ.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    The CGI plane looks a bit fake indeed.

Other than that: great new footage!

The glider looks good in the air. In the water....not so much.
    Is there any HighDef version of the TV Spot that I missed or how you can guys tell it looks so bad?

Also, various people called it a submarine so wondering what you actually saw.... it is clearly swimming on the water not under
    danielcc wrote: »
    Also, various people called it a submarine so wondering what you actually saw.... it is clearly swimming on the water not under

Yes, we only see it on the surface of the water in the clip, but I'm fairly confident it submerges at some point. It wouldn't be much use as a stealth vehicle otherwise. They are, presumably, sneaking in to Safin's lair at that stage. But you never know.
    danielcc wrote: »
    Is there any HighDef version of the TV Spot that I missed or how you can guys tell it looks so bad?

Yeah the version out there isn't at best quality so do bear that in mind..

One thing that did jump out is highlighting of Craig's face in the glider which feels done just for the spot.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 4,600
    directy behind the glider is a large door, partially open (possibly closing, it's hard to see) so the sub idea is a guess at the moment. They should have used a real aircraft but hey ho-https://newatlas.com/scaled-composites-experimental-plane-model-401/51733/
  • Burgess wrote: »
    Loque72 wrote: »
    Thought the M16 corona virus letter was adding to the panic. Eon should not be swayed by such scare mongering. It's The World Health Organisation they should be listening to, and nobody else.

While I do believe in the sincerity behind the letter, it may ironically serve as an unintentional marketing tool. It’s already generating some buzz.

https://www.wired.com/story/james-bond-fans-coronavirus/

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/james-bond-open-letter-calls-no-time-die-delay-coronavirus-1282047

MI6 just blocked me on Twitter for disagreeing with what they wrote in that letter. I didn't disagree in an arumentative manner, just gave my disagreement. Absolutely pathetic.
    Burgess wrote: »
    Thought the M16 corona virus letter was adding to the panic. Eon should not be swayed by such scare mongering. It's The World Health Organisation they should be listening to, and nobody else.

While I do believe in the sincerity behind the letter, it may ironically serve as an unintentional marketing tool. It’s already generating some buzz.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/james-bond-open-letter-calls-no-time-die-delay-coronavirus-1282047

MI6 just blocked me on Twitter for disagreeing with what they wrote in that letter. I didn't disagree in an arumentative manner, just gave my disagreement. Absolutely pathetic.

The age of intolerance!

I’d be pretty surprised with a delay at this point. A lot of tickets have been sold already.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I thought EON had learned their lesson and were keeping the CGI to a minimum. Entirely CGI'd action sequences are just a complete no no for me.

I think you'd be shocked to learn just how much CGI is in almost every film.

FoxRox wrote: »

The age of intolerance!

I’d be pretty surprised with a delay at this point. A lot of tickets have been sold already.

There will be no delay of the release. In fact, trying to delay and also predict when the virus might peak - which no one, not even medical experts, can predict at present - could make things far worse for any release. Eon are sticking to their guns and are right to do so. I simply do not understand the logic of Mi6's open letter, or that they have, apparently, blocked a member from expressing disagreement with that letter.

• marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited March 2020 Posts: 3,277
    This is really cool. I think they should've used the mask in the poster campaign.

ColonelSun wrote: »

The age of intolerance!

There will be no delay of the release. In fact, trying to delay and also predict when the virus might peak - which no one, not even medical experts, can predict at present - could make things far worse for any release. Eon are sticking to their guns and are right to do so. I simply do not understand the logic of Mi6's open letter, or that they have, apparently, blocked a member from expressing disagreement with that letter.

Agreed. I do understand people's worry but it feels a little silly to block people over it.
  • ColonelSun wrote: »

The age of intolerance!

I can understand them blocking me if I had responded in an argumentative or rude manner, but I did just state that I disagreed with it. They must have realised that not everyone would agree with their letter. To block someone for just having a different opinion isn't great.