No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    ZKmY1qx.jpg

Well that’s marvellous!
    Matt007 wrote: »
    I think it’s highly likely there will be postponements. Particularly across Europe. Switzerland has already banned gatherings of more than 1000 people.

I don’t think many cinema screens can get a thousand in.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    I think it’s highly likely there will be postponements. Particularly across Europe. Switzerland has already banned gatherings of more than 1000 people.

I don’t think many cinema screens can get a thousand in. [/quote]

If the films recevies good reviews and does well, they may re-release it later in the year to generate some more sales and awards buzz. Maybe an extended edition if they've had to cut footage to fit IMAX limits.

Red_Snow wrote: »

I don’t think many cinema screens can get a thousand in.

If the films recevies good reviews and does well, they may re-release it later in the year to generate some more sales and awards buzz. Maybe an extended edition if they've had to cut footage to fit IMAX limits.

[/quote]

I think the fact that it won't be getting 70mm IMAX prints makes that whole limit point moot now.
    Really enjoyed the video interview with the cast that was shared earlier. Very funny that Rami didn't seem to understand who Rosa Klebb was and Daniel was cracking up at that.

Could anyone share what the financial implications would be for keeping the same release but doing a second theatrical run in the summer vs. postponing entirely? What seems most likely?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    HQ Stills (from 007.com)

BOND-Watermarked-Gallery001.jpg

BOND-Watermarked-Gallery002.jpg

BOND-Watermarked-Gallery003.jpg

BOND-Watermarked-Gallery005.jpg

B25_17765_RC2-scaled.jpg

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Nice one @AgentJamesBond007 :)
    HQ Stills (from 007.com)

I might be wrong, but I have a feeling I've seen that photo on the wall before. :-?
    DC looking better than he has for a while. Come on - just one Moore!

What better tribute to Sir Rog than going on a bit too long.
    Getafix wrote: »
    DC looking better than he has for a while. Come on - just one Moore!

What better tribute to Sir Rog than going on a bit too long.

Haha, very good!
    The costuming in the film threw me off a bit when we first started seeing stills, but it's really grown on me. Phenomenal work by Suttirat Anne Larlarb.

They're so...distinctly Craig. Classy but scrappy. Relaxed but taut. Ready for action, even when Bond (appears) to be out of it. And the colour palette's distinctly in keeping with Craig's history. I've even started to forgive that green trenchcoat thing a bit.
  • J_Bryce777J_Bryce777 San Francisco
    I am not sure if this has been posted but here is an insightful interview from Fandango.

• edited March 2020 Posts: 11,425
    J_Bryce777 wrote: »
    I am not sure if this has been posted but here is an insightful interview from Fandango.

Yes just watched it. Rather awkward. Dan definitely isn't Roger Moore when it comes to the interviews. Malik is articulate and seems to have interesting things to say. Surprised how reticent Cary seems to be. I'd expect Craig to be a bit more articulate.

I actually think Rog and Sean were unusually intelligent and witty guys. We always assume actors are going to be articulate and clever because they get to speak these great lines written by other people. We forget that most actors are really not all that bright. Craig's been playing the role for 15 years almost. You'd expect him to have a few more insightful remarks up his sleeves. Even if their prepared.

Yes just watched it. Rather awkward. Dan definitely isn't Roger Moore when it comes to the interviews. Malik is articulate and seems to have interesting things to say. Surprised how reticent Cary seems to be. I'd expect Craig to be a bit more articulate.

I actually think Rog and Sean were unusually intelligent and witty guys. We always assume actors are going to be articulate and clever because they get to speak these great lines written by other people. We forget that most actors are really not all that bright. Craig's been playing the role for 15 years almost. You'd expect him to have a few more insightful remarks up his sleeves. Even if their prepared.

I enjoyed it and they seem quite proud of the film. I think the awkwardness stems from how little they can actually say about it, so they have provide generic, somewhat shallow answers to many of the questions.

I am looking forward to there being spoiler-filled interviews later this year where they can really dive deep on the film. I really hope to see that from Cary's perspective. I'm not sure if that's a thing for Bond films or not but they do it for Star Wars and The Avengers.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 78
    ertert wrote: »

I enjoyed it and they seem quite proud of the film. I think the awkwardness stems from how little they can actually say about it, so they have provide generic, somewhat shallow answers to many of the questions.

I am looking forward to there being spoiler-filled interviews later this year where they can really dive deep on the film. I really hope to see that from Cary's perspective. I'm not sure if that's a thing for Bond films or not but they do it for Star Wars and The Avengers.

Exactly. I liked hearing Cary's views and approach to the film. I think this will be a special film. It is a new insight into the series and character, as in the novels, it is true that Bond, in his own way, was motivated by his search for family (ie, Felix, M, Tanner, Leolia Ponsonby, MI6). As he did lose his family, which greatly shaped what he would become. It will be interesting.
    Reminded me of the launch at GoldenEye a bit. Just a bit stilted.
    Reminded me of the launch at GoldenEye a bit. Just a bit stilted.

I think at Goldeneye they were just anxious to get started not sit around and talk about it anymore.

I also imagine it's rather annoying being asked the same questions over and over. I don't get why the interviewers rarely seem to notice or care that they're asking the same questions as everyone else. Like come on, try to make it interesting and different.
    HQ Stills (from 007.com)

BOND-Watermarked-Gallery001.jpg

BOND-Watermarked-Gallery002.jpg

BOND-Watermarked-Gallery003.jpg

B25_17765_RC2-scaled.jpg

Oh that navy suit.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Daniel Craig IS James Bond.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    I absolutely love this period before a new Bond. The magazines, books, snippets of footage and my favourite pre release fodder- interviews and TV appearances. All aboard the hype train.
    The build up can be as exciting if not more exciting than the film when it finally hits, an example would be when DAD and QOS was the end product (although I enjoy Quantum a lot more now)
    HOWEVER once you've watched the interviews they can understandably end up being a bit samey really with shallow, tip toe round the edge answers. A solid retrospective interview or documentary is much more rewarding in all honesty.
    Any way I'm still excited and will lap it all up like a kid on Xmas day.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2020 Posts: 14,930
    Wonderful photos!
    antovolk wrote: »

I think the fact that it won't be getting 70mm IMAX prints makes that whole limit point moot now.

Yeah is that common? I don’t know much about it.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Don't miss the new creepy footage in new short tv-spot, posted by @antovolk (also in trailer thread plus screencaps by me)

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited March 2020 Posts: 4,554
    Contraband wrote: »
    Don't miss the new creepy footage in new short tv-spot, posted by @antovolk (also in trailer thread plus screencaps by me)

Hemming and hawing over buying tix for the marathon on 4/8. Our local AMC theater has CR starting at 9:00 am. This means NTTD would begin around 8:30 pm that night. There must be a long intermission between films. It would probably go...

CR 9:00 am-11:24
    QoS 12:00 - 1:47
    SF 2:30 - 4:58
    SP 5:30 - 8:10
    NTTD 8:30 - 11:17

This latest TV spot might push me to go.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    TripAces wrote: »

Hemming and hawing over buying tix for the marathon on 4/8. Our local AMC theater has CR starting at 9:00 am. This means NTTD would begin around 8:30 pm that night. There must be a long intermission between films. It would probably go...

QoA 12:00 - 1:47

Wow; that’s impressive commitment! I don’t think I’d want to do that at all.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 12,257

@TripAces Gah I’m so jealous! I have an AMC two minutes away from me that isn’t updating their NTTD + NTTD marathon pages! Congrats though! How much do they cost, if you don’t mind telling?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    New still, released by official account astonmartinlagonda on instagram

SOy1uUj.jpg

Can anyone make out what Craig says about Rosa Klebb?
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    Just watching those interviews. I do like the way CF acknowledges Fleming's war time experiences and how it might have influenced Bond as a character. I can't remember other directors doing the same (happy to be proven wrong on that). I am hoping this bodes well for NTTD.
    TR007 wrote: »

Can anyone make out what Craig says about Rosa Klebb?

He was jokingly naming Rosa Klebb as an example Rami might have used as inspiration for Safin. Then he kind of brushed off the joke so Rami could answer the question.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    FoxRox wrote: »

@TripAces Gah I’m so jealous! I have an AMC two minutes away from me that isn’t updating their NTTD + NTTD marathon pages! Congrats though! How much do they cost, if you don’t mind telling?

$40 per seat (comes with a free adult diaper LOL)
    FoxRox wrote: »

$40 per seat (comes with a free adult diaper LOL)

Not bad for 5 films at the theater!